Male HQ

Do wearing condoms help in prevention of STD infections?

Guest youngbird

Guest youngbird

Out of all these STDs (Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia and Herpes), I got 3 of out the 4 since I started out having ONS.

I do frequent gay saunas but to my surprise, I did not get infected from the patrons there. The ones who spread to me are from 1 to 1. They belong to the age group from 18 to mid 20s. I don't mean to infer anything. It's just that I only have fun with this age group so I'm very sure about it. Not sure about other age groups though.

I practice safe sex all the way, wearing condoms for anal but unprotected for oral. I realize wearing condoms doesn't protect me from STDs at all. I don't understand why the docs still say it does. 

During foreplay, the bacteria can be transmitted via kissing and sucking. That's how I got it. As easy as that.

Would like to hear from the old birds (veterans) your experience. 

I guess I am getting close to veteran stage. Like many in my age group, for most of our early sexual lives condoms were essential. HIV/AIDS had just been discovered. It was initially titled GRID - Gay Related Immune Deficiency - because the earliest cases then known to the medical profession affected clusters of exclusively gay men mostly in New York and California. Although it quickly spread throughout many in the world, it was even more quickly known as the advent of death. There was no cure, and death by AIDS was a horrible, long drawn out way to die. In Australia the government put out a deliberately provocative TV advertisement with AIDS portrayed as The Grim Reaper.

I think we have to remember that gay liberation at that time was relatively recent and was mostly restricted to the USA. Young gay men in the USA had flocked to cities where gay bathhouses had opened up and mushroomed. They were delighted because they thought they could finally live an openly gay lifestyle. After HIV/AIDS appeared and medical researchers realised that it could be transmitted through bodily fluids, there were calls from health authorities for bathhouses (saunas) to be closed because condom use was rare. The gay community and the bathhouse owners saw this as a means of undoing all the advances in gay liberation and fought it. But they lost and the health authorities closed all saunas.

For those who did not live through the first 7 or 8 years of HIV/AIDS it must be impossible to imagine the horrendous, deep-rooted fear amongst gay men. So many gays were dying, very soon all over the world. And their families were reluctant to admit they had died of AIDS because this was such a stigma. The first medication AZT appeared in 1987 but only started to result in reducing the epidemic of death by the end of that decade. It was also horribly expensive and resulted in bad side effects. Over the next few years, those with HIV had to take a cocktail of drugs every 6 hours or so. It was only by about 1995 when a Taiwanese-American researcher Dr. David Ho discovered the single dose anti-retroviral that enabled HIV patients to take just one pill a day. Thereafter HIV became basically a chronic disease and not a death sentence.

The point of reminding everyone of the history is to point out that many older gays grew up aware that condom use was vital if you wanted to have sex and remain alive. It became a habit. And when you wear a condom the chances of getting another STD is minimal. They do not protect you from every STD, but they are more than 95% effective especially for incertive sex. If you enjoy sucking, though, there is still a risk you can be infected, especially if your partner's penis has a sore externally or internally.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:52 PM, Guest youngbird said:

Out of all these STDs (Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia and Herpes), I got 3 of out the 4 since I started out having ONS.

I do frequent gay saunas but to my surprise, I did not get infected from the patrons there. The ones who spread to me are from 1 to 1. They belong to the age group from 18 to mid 20s. I don't mean to infer anything. It's just that I only have fun with this age group so I'm very sure about it. Not sure about other age groups though.

I practice safe sex all the way, wearing condoms for anal but unprotected for oral. I realize wearing condoms doesn't protect me from STDs at all. I don't understand why the docs still say it does. 

During foreplay, the bacteria can be transmitted via kissing and sucking. That's how I got it. As easy as that.

1) how do you know who infected you?

2) if you are frequently having random sex with multiple different partners, then this of course multiplies your risk to catch something based purely on number of possible exposures 

Guest youngbird
On 1/15/2022 at 2:34 PM, Unifsg said:

If you don't use it for all sexual contact including oral how can you conclude condoms don't work then?

True. That's the purpose of this post.

Hoping for someone who have been wearing condom for anal and oral sex to prove my hypothesis wrong.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:06 PM, Guest youngbird said:

Hoping for someone who have been wearing condom for anal and oral sex to prove my hypothesis wrong.

i am really confused on what your ‘hypothesis’ is tbh? 

Yes, you can catch stds from unprotected oral sex. Yes, condoms help prevent transmission of stds for protected anal sex. You can say you ‘practice safe sex all the way’ if you only use for the anal part and not the oral part.

Of course, most people understandably don’t use condoms for oral sex but that means accepting that you might catch something once in a while, especially if hooking up frequently with multiple random partners. The good news is that the risk of HIV transmission from unprotected oral sex is incredibly low. 

the age group from 18 to mid 20s are naive, not well informed, daring (which is stupid) and always a target for guys to do raw.

of cos easy to get STDs from them.

Guest youngbird
On 1/16/2022 at 9:55 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Yes, you can catch stds from unprotected oral sex. Yes, condoms help prevent transmission of stds for protected anal sex. You can say you ‘practice safe sex all the way’ if you only use for the anal part and not the oral part.

Of course, most people understandably don’t use condoms for oral sex but that means accepting that you might catch something once in a while, especially if hooking up frequently with multiple random partners. The good news is that the risk of HIV transmission from unprotected oral sex is incredibly low. 

Agreed. Even if both parties wear condom for oral and anal, STDs can still transmit thru french kissing unless you don't kiss at all.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:55 AM, Guest Wtf said:

i made a typo. Should have said ‘you can’t say you ‘practice safe sex all the way’ if you only use condom for the anal part and not the oral part.’

Guest youngbird
On 1/16/2022 at 3:55 PM, Guest Guest said:

Reading the TS post kinda worries me.

So it seems like there are lots of unclean guys who have STDs but yet frequent saunas alot.

Can you highlight which part did I mention I got infected from those visiting saunas? 

Please open fxxking eyes to read before commenting. Don't read what you want to read -> Selective reading

And don't intentionally change the narrative of my post for your own interest if that's what you are trying to do.

I do frequent gay saunas but to my surprise, I did not get infected from the patrons there. 

err…how sure are you??

Guest youngbird2

What’s the purpose of this discussion? So if someone say condom is not useful and not effective, are you going to do raw from now on? Lame

Guest Madonna is 64years old LOL

You need to educate,educate, educate and arm yourself with the correct information on each different type of STD, MODES OF transmission, area of body commonly found, viral or bacterial, 

And when infected, quickly seek help from qualified medical personnel like doctors, if not counsellors from AFA, nurses from Kelantan Polyclinic who sees all kinds of STI's under the sun from all walks of life, teen students, foreign workers, blue collars, married men, innocent bystander wives, prostitutes, uni undergrads, first timers , seasoned veterans geylang prowlers, LGBT, blah, blah. 

Do u know its a matter of time when an incurable antibiotic resistant strain of Gono and Syp hit our shores and transmit into general population who have sex, which is a natural act btw like eating , breathing , sleeping. 

Read up, and search info and equip yourself with best info.

Each transmission event and route is different but follows different path and unique.

Condoms fail can be a few ways which I will list in next post. 

As it stands , if worn properly, with proper usage , correct pre use protocol. Condoms are 99.999 % safe, no germs or virus or fungi can defy laws of physics and magically tele transport from one side of condom to the other and from unprotected exposed area to the want to be protected side. Magically, by defying all known laws of physics. 

There are many "possible" leaks or breaches during the before penetrative and wet, and slippery pre pre play event to look out for. 

Watch for next post.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:06 PM, Guest youngbird said:

I had someone that wanted to suck me but only with a condom. He's in late 50s and has been sexually active since a teenager. He did all sex raw till mid twenties and was lucky he didn't get any std. But he said from his twenties he became obsessed with avoiding disease since and had like 3-4 ONS a week. But always with condom for both oral and anal. So far he said he haven't gotten any std. If a partner is not willing to be sucked with condom he said he'll stop and walk away.  Usually they will relent and put on a condom. Guess its better than no suck at all. I told him he doesn't know the joy of swallowing but he laughed and shared that he started in his lower secondary school as a petboy for an expat from the US. The expat passed him around all his friends and he and sucked and got fucked raw throughout. It was only after they've all left and he started playing with new people and decided to play "safe"

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.