Male HQ

The 3 vocal tenors of BW - [Steve5380] vs [InBangkok] vs [Singalion]

InBangkok

On 2/17/2022 at 1:58 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Are @singalion @Steve5380 and @InBangkokever going to stop constantly derailing topics with their irrelevant ‘contributions’ and incessant trolling and bitching at each other? 

U r missing the point.  We need them to keep BW going.  W/O them, there is nothing much gg on here. 

Go observe, when a new topic was created - i.e. the latest one " Is a gay sauna having high risk of Covid" it dies off after a few chats simply there is nothing much to discuss / debate about. 

Also, you may wish to condition your expectations that be it online or in real, we always have people/users like them.  Accept it.  Laugh about it or ignore it.    Is only a chatroom, don’t be too serious.   

On 2/17/2022 at 1:58 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Are @singalion @Steve5380 and @InBangkokever going to stop constantly derailing topics with their irrelevant ‘contributions’ and incessant trolling and bitching at each other? 

Anyone glued your eyes to the screen and forced you to read their posts? No? And yet you cannot move on and read other things? You are really as retarded as it can be. 

蠢 | Whatscap

On 2/17/2022 at 2:50 PM, Guest Guest said:

Anyone glued your eyes to the screen and forced you to read their posts? No? And yet you cannot move on and read other things? You are really as retarded as it can be. 

蠢 | Whatscap

I am so blessed to have my own personal troll… 

On 2/17/2022 at 3:26 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Oh pleaseeee! All toxic characters like you gets trolled on this forum. For someone with such a tiny peabrain, you sure have a enormous ego to think you have a "personal" anything. Get a life, grow a brain, dude! 

On 2/17/2022 at 12:30 AM, Guest Melvin said:

U r missing the point.  We need them to keep BW going.  W/O them, there is nothing much gg on here. 

Go observe, when a new topic was created - i.e. the latest one " Is a gay sauna having high risk of Covid" it dies off after a few chats simply there is nothing much to discuss / debate about. 

Also, you may wish to condition your expectations that be it online or in real, we always have people/users like them.  Accept it.  Laugh about it or ignore it.    Is only a chatroom, don’t be too serious.   

You are very wise.   I also accept it, and laugh about it!  😁

On 2/17/2022 at 12:50 AM, Guest Guest said:

蠢 | Whatscap

YOU seem have your eyes glued to the screen to read our posts.   So... it's good that you recognize that you are stupid.

On 2/17/2022 at 1:26 AM, Guest Wtf said:

Then imagine how blessed I am,  having at least three trolls,  with two of them TENORS.  :) 

On 2/17/2022 at 4:30 AM, Guest wahahahaha... said:

If anyone like to see the velocity of gay viciousness, this thread greatly exposed those elements.....wahahaha

This is why you come to this thread to post!   wahahaha...hahaha

On 2/17/2022 at 10:35 PM, Steve5380 said:

YOU seem have your eyes glued to the screen to read our posts.   So... it's good that you recognize that you are stupid.

Of course we have our eyes glued to the screen to read the posts. SuperBowl and Olympics can step aside! We will never miss any opportunity to see you getting bashed by anyone! Unlike Guest Wtf, we are enjoying watching this show, you stupid Dirty Old Man! 

On 2/19/2022 at 11:03 AM, Guest spectator said:

Someone should give these guys a show/podcast or something, this thread is hilariously chaotic.

I hope @Steve5380, @InBangkok and @singalionlive long and healthy lives, this space would be much less colourful without them!! 

Thank you.  In this trio there are some dissonant voices\.  But it's good that you don't mind this at all.

The manly voice is the BARITONE.   The other two tenors,  like sopranos,  just shout around in their shrill voices.  :) 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:47 AM, Steve5380 said:

Thank you.  In this trio there are some dissonant voices\.  But it's good that you don't mind this at all.

The manly voice is the BARITONE.   The other two tenors,  like sopranos,  just shout around in their shrill voices.  :) 

A diva will always remain a diva, even after puberty voice break the tone changes to a tenor...

Really looking forward to our next Pink Dot A Capella stint ( if the cracky baritone finds some time from his sauna visits...)...

🤣

There is clearly a reason why the moderators in their wisdom titled this thread "A Steve 5380 Topic!" For anything @Steve5380 writes about is so crashingly boring and of little use to the vast majority of readers to BW. And when he is wrong or when there is a wealth of contrary opinion, he does as he always does - denies anything is debatable, doubles down, trashes posters and becomes even more crashingly boring. So anyone seeing anything to do with "Steve5380 Topics" will know it is not worth reading unless you are close to being an octogenarian, live in solitude on your own, have little if any social interaction, buy your own food, make your own meals and spend most of your day in one room watching youtube videos. 

I wonder how many other readers will enjoy this type of life as they hang on waiting till they reach the age of 120?

On 2/22/2022 at 9:49 PM, InBangkok said:

There is clearly a reason why the moderators in their wisdom titled this thread "A Steve 5380 Topic!" For anything @Steve5380 writes about is so crashingly boring and of little use to the vast majority of readers to BW. And when he is wrong or when there is a wealth of contrary opinion, he does as he always does - denies anything is debatable, doubles down, trashes posters and becomes even more crashingly boring. So anyone seeing anything to do with "Steve5380 Topics" will know it is not worth reading unless you are close to being an octogenarian, live in solitude on your own, have little if any social interaction, buy your own food, make your own meals and spend most of your day in one room watching youtube videos. 

I wonder how many other readers will enjoy this type of life as they hang on waiting till they reach the age of 120?

I must not be so "crashingly" boring if you cannot wait to come to this thread to write something ugly,  ha ha.

Stop spamming this thread and... get a life! :lol:

On 2/23/2022 at 11:22 AM, Steve5380 said:

get a life!

This is clearly one of your favourite so-called "put downs" because you have used it several times before. If you think I want to have a life that remotely bears any relationship to the one you lead - one of solitude in one room in front of your TV monitors - then your head is screwed on wrongly. i love my life and would never consider what you lead as a "life". You appear to be waiting for death and using every quack theory to ensure you live to 120. In that I wish you the best of luck! Enjoy your "life"!

On 2/22/2022 at 10:32 PM, InBangkok said:

This is clearly one of your favourite so-called "put downs" because you have used it several times before. If you think I want to have a life that remotely bears any relationship to the one you lead - one of solitude in one room in front of your TV monitors - then your head is screwed on wrongly. i love my life and would never consider what you lead as a "life". You appear to be waiting for death and using every quack theory to ensure you live to 120. In that I wish you the best of luck! Enjoy your "life"!

Your attacks are so stupid!  GET A LIFE, you dumbo. :yuk:  (yes, lick my ass :lol:)

Edited by Steve5380

On 2/19/2022 at 11:03 PM, singalion said:

A diva will always remain a diva, even after puberty voice break the tone changes to a tenor...

Really looking forward to our next Pink Dot A Capella stint ( if the cracky baritone finds some time from his sauna visits...)...

🤣

LOL!  I wouldn't mind visiting Singapore again.  But I cannot promise that I would give priority to singing a Capella at the next pink dot over visiting the good gay saunas there. :) 

On 2/24/2022 at 3:11 AM, Steve5380 said:

But I cannot promise that I would give priority to singing a Capella at the next pink dot over visiting the good gay saunas there.

I think you'd be better sticking to saunas and do your singing there. Foreigners with overseas passports are not permitted at Pink Dot gatherings!

On 2/22/2022 at 11:52 PM, Steve5380 said:

But my mistakes should be REAL, not invented by malevolent people.  

Posters in this thread might not be malevolent but the attacks you make on others.

Your attacks are malevolent.

Any post of mine you rebutted with an attack or insult, when my intention was to set some alerts to third parties and doing proper research or following medical advise first instead of blindly taking out your "recommendations" here.

I am posting this here because @Steve5380 had contradicted a comment I had made about the Equus bathhouse in Seoul, Korea in another thread. But there it was off topic. So this thread might be more appropriate.

@Steve5380 claimed several times that Equus was a sauna. Here is a post from the cruising for sex website made in December 2005 - 

"Some Asian gay places advertise Equus as a sauna. It is not. It is a place to crash and get some sleep overnight."

On 2/22/2022 at 11:52 PM, Steve5380 said:

So here  is PRECISELY where is contradicted your criticism that I am wrong! This criticism is a SHAMEFUL LIE.  Read what I have written, and realize that I AM RIGHT, by the definitions you posted.  I have always described intermittent fasting in the correct way.  I have further noted that in order to do it, it can be as simple as skipping breakfast and so have a 16 hour fast between a dinner and next day's lunch.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU COME UP WITH SO MANY FALSITIES!  

The fact is that you have been intertwining "intermittent" fasting and fasting.

Tell us where in all your posts you clearly drew a line to differentiate intermittent fasting with that "prolonged" fasting.

Someone jumping into this thread will have issues.

It was me who copied the definition into this thread twice to point out to the difference of fasting that you described here lately and the "intermittent" fasting.

You are the one yourself who has been causing this confusion.

Look at these posts:

On 1/13/2022 at 10:16 PM, Steve5380 said:

In an equivalence with the physical body,  those people whom I tell now with enthusiasm that I practice intermittent fasting spending 16 or more hours without eating,  should they think: "poor guy, he lets his body languish for 16 hours without food,  let's go and bring him something to eat" ?

Here you start of with explaining 16 hours of "intermittent" fasting. Actually you don't say how long, every day? etc

But then you start talking about your 48 hours fasting, until a 4 days fast:

On 1/27/2022 at 11:15 PM, Steve5380 said:

I have ended my water-only fast today,  after 4 days ( 96 hours ) of not eating anything.    I wanted to do it a 5 day fast, but I was concerned over losing too much weight.  I lost 5 pounds,  2 1/2 kilos, with the fast.  Now I am starting slowly to eat some food, and maybe in a week I will recuperate back to normal.  

On 1/31/2022 at 5:28 AM, Steve5380 said:

The best way to deal with it is to eat in moderation and do intermittent fasting and occasionally some longer term fasting.  In this way, we keep a healthy heart, unconcerned about cholesterol, and whichever of these two fats we ingest, we keep burning them off while we fast. 

( it is like a dilemma of which octane of gas we should put in our car.  If we drive in moderation, without demanding high power from the engine, we can avoid knocking and it may not hurt if we use a fuel of lower octane than what the manufacturer recommends ) 

Here you mention intermittent and longer term fasting.

On 2/4/2022 at 4:28 AM, Steve5380 said:

In addition to the many videos I posted here on the subject,  have a look at this report, one of many who give the same information:  "Intermittent fasting help treat or even reverse type 2 diabetes? "

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/can-intermittent-fasting-help-treat-or-even-reverse-type-2-diabetes

The review authors conclude that intermittent fasting may reduce body fat and insulin resistance not only by limiting overall calorie intake but also through “metabolic reprogramming.”

This article lists correctly a big obstacle to fasting:  CONVINCE PEOPLE that fasting is not a big deal, that they can tolerate it and be successful.  In this way they have to renounce to a whole life of worrying about having their three+ meals a day!  This is not for everyone, ha ha.

There are clinics where doctors subject their patients with diabetes to long periods of fasting,  like days and weeks with water-only fasting.  They monitor their patients very carefully, and they report a high degree of success, where patients start giving up their medications one after the other until finally end up with... none!

Diabetes is such a horrible chronic disease that one should do everything possible to overcome it.  If I had the condition, I would not hesitate in getting in touch with a doctor who specializes in eliminating it (not just treating it forever as a 'chronic' disease),  starting with some intermittent fasting for some time to recover metabolic flexibility and then longer term fasting to recover high insulin sensitivity and start throwing the medications away!  ( responsibly of course,  not in the trash or toilet... ) 

This one you present an article of intermittent fasting but talk about prolonged water fasting.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:46 AM, Steve5380 said:

He does not realize that FASTING is not only "a 4 or 5 day water diet".   Fasting starts with eating less often, leaving time intervals of more than 10  hours between meals, so the metabolism can change from glucose to fat.  This is what "intermittent fasting" means.   If one eats only twice a day,  then this automatically leads to intermittent fasting, since there are 24 hours a day,  and we cannot split 24 hours in two without having at least 12 hours intervals.

Here you run off with a 5 day water diet and fasting as leaving 10 hours intervals in between.

On 2/16/2022 at 4:40 AM, Steve5380 said:

After some time of practicing the intermittent fasting, one can experiment with suppressing one of the other meals, and then one does a 24 hour fasting.   Go from one dinner to the one next day without eating.  This is easy!  Then one good day one can try skipping the next three meals and do a 48 (two day) fasting.  These should not be very frequent.  And so on until achieving four days, five days without food.  These long fasts should be limited to once every couple of months, like every three months, that is 4 times a year, or even less often.

The last post you start talking about intermittent fasting but then go over to a 5 day fasting.

At some time of "intermittent fasting" , ... 5 day...

Everyone can see how you talk about 16 hours fast and then 24 hours, later you come with that fasting of up to 5 days.

You don't draw clear lines on "intermittent" fasting and the "extended" fasting.

If people follow this, they will naturally think your 5 days fasting or 5 days water fasting is a part or program of the intermittent fasting.

You should blame yourself for causing this confusion by your unclear posts.

Instead of coming with your heavy armour you ought have clarified what I meant or what my point was.

Actually, I was trying to help you to stop this intermingling of different fasting types or confusing people and to stick at the thread what is meant under "intermittent" fasting.

You also ignored that I have turned the discussion very often back to the topic contributing to new views or certain points on what has been discussed.

But, nonetheless lately you see every of my post as a "malevolent" attack or shameless lie.

You are lucky that I am a patient person with a thick skin.

On 2/24/2022 at 10:30 PM, InBangkok said:

I am posting this here because @Steve5380 had contradicted a comment I had made about the Equus bathhouse in Seoul, Korea in another thread. But there it was off topic. So this thread might be more appropriate.

@Steve5380 claimed several times that Equus was a sauna. Here is a post from the cruising for sex website made in December 2005 - 

"Some Asian gay places advertise Equus as a sauna. It is not. It is a place to crash and get some sleep overnight."

It has never been a "sauna" in the category of a sauna at all.

What I heard is that it is a Cruising club, meaning a bar with a separate darkroom, the only thing sauna it has is shower facilities.

Nobody would call this a sauna.

It is like some discos in the Netherlands or France that have an attached darkroom either on a different floor, next to the dance floor or the basement.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:12 AM, singalion said:

It has never been a "sauna" in the category of a sauna at all.

What I heard is that it is a Cruising club, meaning a bar with a separate darkroom, the only thing sauna it has is shower facilities.

Nobody would call this a sauna.

It is like some discos in the Netherlands or France that have an attached darkroom either on a different floor, next to the dance floor or the basement.

Dear Singalion, what is the purpose of your post?  The Equus sauna IS NOT the topic here. Cannot you refrain your urges to contradict, even with incorrect information?  

Have you been in this sauna?  I assume you have not.  The other guy has not been there, so he says.

So I have an advantage over you two guys:  I HAVE BEEN THERE.  Twice in July of 2006.  I remember the place, I talked with the owner "Paul", and he gave me his contact.  Maybe the place had other activities, but it was a gay sauna when I visited it.  Later it has changed locations, form and shape.  But even today it is known as "sauna". 

For your information, in our gay circles the bathhouses and cruising clubs are also known as saunas.  A formal establishment one goes to have gay sex with strangers. 

You stated that nobody would call Equus a sauna.  To see how wrong you are, google "Equus gay sauna Seoul":

To your surprise you will find many listings of sites that deal with the Equus sauna.  For example this one, which is from 2012, 6 years after I visited the place:

http://thekimchiqueen.blogspot.com/2012/03/equus_25.html

"Equus sauna in Itaewon is a decent place for cruising in Seoul. A little farther from the main action on the hill, Equus is a single floor sauna with mats and 'beds' for sleeping. Upon paying the 7000 won entry-fee (13000 won between 7 pm and 7 am), you get some lube and condoms, you can take a shower, and then run around meeting some handsome, and some not so handsome, men. The crowd is probably 99% Korean."

99% Korean!  No wonder I was there in Heaven, the only Ang Moh among 99% cute Koreans.  :thumb:

Edited by Steve5380

On 2/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, singalion said:

The fact is that you have been intertwining "intermittent" fasting and fasting.

Good!  You have not found a single instance where I wrote that long-term fasting is intermittent fasting.   But you feel that I have "intertwined" them.

Is it a crime to intertwine intermittent fasting with long-term fasting?  They have one very important thing in common: they are both FASTING,  a great very healthy practice done since immemorial times, done in many religions.   

If we discuss internal combustion engines,  we intertwine motorcycles, moppets, cars, trucks, airplane large turbines, power plant turbines, even the engines of large cargo ships. But no one would try to install a huge diesel engine of a big cargo ship...  in a moppet,  or think that they are the same thing.  :lol:

You must have found that I correctly described intermittent fasting many times, insisting that it is an easy practice that practically anyone should try with zero risk,  to see if it fits well with their body.  We all fast at least 8 hours during sleep, and what I have proposed is to fast a little longer by skipping breakfast.

You should do it too.   You may find that you have needlessly opposed it, and that it is really easy and convenient to do. 

On 2/19/2022 at 11:03 PM, singalion said:

🤣

Were you two tenors former divas?  I thought that women's voices would not reach lower than contraltos.

After not much singing as a child, I was always a baritone, unable to reach the brilliance of you tenors. 

On 2/25/2022 at 1:27 AM, Steve5380 said:

Dear Singalion, what is the purpose of your post?  The Equus sauna IS NOT the topic here. Cannot you refrain your urges to contradict, even with incorrect information?  

Sorry, I did not contradict but clarify!

Steve, you have a much too negative approach on posts.

Stop with this daily negativity in your posts and do not always search for hidden motivations on someone posting something.

On 2/25/2022 at 12:27 AM, Steve5380 said:

Maybe the place had other activities, but it was a gay sauna when I visited it.  Later it has changed locations, form and shape.  But even today it is known as "sauna". 

Not true in Asia. Japan has saunas and it has gay hattenba. They are not the same. In this case I do have experience of both. 25 years ago I was at the Treffpunkt hattenba in the Akasaka district in Tokyo. Nothing like a sauna. The hattenba model remains in Japan to this day.

South Korea followed the Japan model because martial law prohibited gay establishments - and I was there several times during martial law when there was a midnight curfew. If caught on the streets after midnight, you could be shot. But as in Japan in the 1950s and 1960s (and even later in some districts) there were were many hundreds of bathhouses since many homes did not have bathing facilities. Many workers would go to a bathhouse after working late (as most Koreans did then). Due to the curfew, it was vital that these establishments had to accommodate quite a large number of people sleeping overnight since getting a taxi after 10:00 pm was massively expensive.

After the restoration of democracy in the early 1990s it took some years before a couple of saunas eventually opened but a much larger number of bathhouses remained. There also were jjimjilbang based on the bathhouse model. Equus was never a sauna. It was a jjimjilbang.

So I have an advantage over you two guys:  I HAVE BEEN THERE.  Twice in July of 2006.  I remember the place, I talked with the owner "Paul", and he gave me his contact.  Maybe the place had other activities, but it was a gay sauna when I visited it.  Later it has changed locations, form and shape.  But even today it is known as "sauna". 

False,

The internet doesn't lie.

There are sufficient reports on the place since it opened at various guides.

If you take the Korean descriptions then you even find plenty more.

The moving to a new location took part in October 2013. Only in the second location  the sauna even has a small steam bath, which mostly was not operational. The second location from 2013 was bigger than before with separate rooms with "beds". But it cannot not be considered what we would call a sauna.

Before in the old very first place it just had a back area with some beds in not lockable tiny rooms and the front was a bar (and it had a tiny shower room).

The newest location since 2014 the place is smaller again with a mall backroom having some partitions in between and a shower room, the front is still a bar.

I assume also you confuse it with saunas in Taiwan (or in Seoul).

Lucky if you got into the sauna  because the operator seems to discriminate guys above 50 and caters to Korean guys.  "Only men under 50y admitted" it says in one of the old ads.

One foreign guy in a report from 2009 described his problems to get in and left the place.

It has nothing being a sauna but is more of a "cruising" club without sauna facilities.

More interesting is the recent controversy on that gay cruise place.

Some evangelical groups have been holding daily demonstration at the place and even stormed the place various times disturbing the "activity" inside. This seems to be ongoing for more than 2 years.

The place seems now guarded by police to avoid any intrusion of the demonstrators.

Recently it was the object of a court case...

https://www.clien.net/service/board/park/16211641

입장문 (2021.06.08자)

"국가는 소수자의 인권과 안전을 보호해야할 책무가 있다" - 국가인권위
"국가는 소수자에 대한 혐오와 차별 공격에서 소수자를 보호해줄 의무가 있다" - 국가인권위

가. 피신청인(염안섭)은 피신청인이 운영하는 유튜브 채널 레인보우리턴즈에 “동성애자 변태SM 업소 에쿠스(Equus) 경찰에 신고해서 폐쇄시켜주세요” “항문성관계+가학 피학적 변태 성관계(밧줄,채찍,개목줄 등)+구멍으로 엿보기+집단 성관계 장소임” “에쿠스 주소 : 서울시 서초구 강남대로 545-18 지하1층 논현역 3번출구 도보 1분” 등으로 게시하여 신청인의 상호와 주소를 공개한뒤 신고하라는 글을 댓글창 최상단에 [고정(공지)] 해놓았습니다.이로 인하여 여러차례 신고가 들어왔고 2021.5.28.부터 2021.06.08. 현재까지 신청인에 업소에 하루에도 여러차례 구청직원과 경찰이 출동하고 있고, 이로 인하여 이용객들의 신체 은밀한 부위가 이용객들의 의사에 반하여 노출되어 성적수치심을 겪게 되는 등 인권침해가 현재지속형으로 계속 발생하고 있습니다.

Best was the part where the court said, no illegal activities were found inside.

This caused a big discussion on the rights of homosexuals in Korea and that place made it into a court case...

Best was the report made when a female police officer had entered the premises and went with a torch light to cruising room.

Anyhow it is not off topic, due to the discrimination policy against guys older than 50y.

Edited by singalion

99% Korean!  No wonder I was there in Heaven, the only Ang Moh among 99% cute Koreans

That is great.

The reports said in that cruising "maze" what people would call it here, were just 3 to 10 people... and the place was very dark to cover up the looks of the guys. One guy was even apologising that he had to switch his flash light on because he couldn't see his own hand... 1 out of 3 makes 66% Korean, ...

If that feels like heaven...

Why is it that important whether you had been in that cruising den or not?

It is a cruising club and not what people would consider a sauna.

In that category, the changing room of a toilet at the local beaches here  would also be a sauna, as it has some shower facility...

Most sauna's have a steam room, dry sauna and often a pool. I have been to one in Europe that had various large pools with differently temperated water.

This is not worth to go on with this discussion here.

Let's move on...

On 2/25/2022 at 3:41 AM, Steve5380 said:

Good!  You have not found a single instance where I wrote that long-term fasting is intermittent fasting.   But you feel that I have "intertwined" them.

Is it a crime to intertwine intermittent fasting with long-term fasting?  They have one very important thing in common: they are both FASTING,  a great very healthy practice done since immemorial times, done in many religions.   

If we discuss internal combustion engines,  we intertwine motorcycles, moppets, cars, trucks, airplane large turbines, power plant turbines, even the engines of large cargo ships. But no one would try to install a huge diesel engine of a big cargo ship...  in a moppet,  or think that they are the same thing.  :lol:

You must have found that I correctly described intermittent fasting many times, insisting that it is an easy practice that practically anyone should try with zero risk,  to see if it fits well with their body.  We all fast at least 8 hours during sleep, and what I have proposed is to fast a little longer by skipping breakfast.

You should do it too.   You may find that you have needlessly opposed it, and that it is really easy and convenient to do. 

Do you know my lifestyle?

Have I said I never did any fasting?

these are all your assumptions.

I only saw how you did not draw clear lines in your posts and seemed to try to instill into people you don't even know and don't know their conditions to do excessive fasting.

The disadvantages of a 4 - 5 day water fasting to the body outweigh the health benefits.

If you have nothing better to do, then go ahead.

And for slimming it is only a short term solution. Most people gain more weight by 1 month after such excessive fasting.

Being more responsible you should recommend people here to seek advice from a health nutrition first, maybe do  a check up with a doctor and let the nutritionist give you a good start for a "diet".

And mostly, the program would also contain some sports.

And please leave that Perlmutters, Goldhamers and who knows who out of the show.

There have been people who needed to be hospitalised following the therapies of certain of these guys.

Read the reports.

Maybe we should cut @Steve5380 a little slack. He doesn't know or read Korean. (Nor do I apart from a few words and phrases). How he found Equus goodness only knows because most signs in the early 2000s were only in Korean.

So perhaps he saw the Korean characters for jjimjilbang or bathhouse 목욕탕  and just assumed it meant sauna 찜질방 (literally Korean sauna), even though the facilities inside do not qualify as a gay sauna. To the uninitiated, the last of the three characters are almost identical. But then they are the characters only for an ordinary sauna. A gay sauna would be 게이 사우나 and that is very, very different. A good dictionary is vital in Korea.

On 2/25/2022 at 3:40 AM, Steve5380 said:

I was always a baritone, unable to reach the brilliance of you tenors. 

That''s a pity for you miss out on a great deal of cash. Not sure who coined the term 3 Tenors for this thread. They clearly failed to realise that the actual 3 Tenors - Pavarotti, Domingo and Carreras - made vast sums from their 30 paid concerts mostly during the 1990s, anywhere between US$500,000 and $8 million per concert - each. That was a mix of very high fees, sponsorships, worldwide television rights and huge video and audio recording fees. So I hope I can be Pavarotti - he was always paid slightly more than the other two LOL.

On 2/25/2022 at 4:08 PM, InBangkok said:

Maybe we should cut @Steve5380 a little slack. He doesn't know or read Korean. (Nor do I apart from a few words and phrases). How he found Equus goodness only knows because most signs in the early 2000s were only in Korean.

So perhaps he saw the Korean characters for jjimjilbang or bathhouse 목욕탕  and just assumed it meant sauna 찜질방 (literally Korean sauna), even though the facilities inside do not qualify as a gay sauna. To the uninitiated, the last of the three characters are almost identical. But then they are the characters only for an ordinary sauna. A gay sauna would be 게이 사우나 and that is very, very different. A good dictionary is vital in Korea.

To be honest I don't think this is of any relevance.

I personally assume he went to a  very different spot and just doesn't want to admit on his error or memory lapse.

There is one with that typical Korean name, I think they build cars also. That place is operating for much longer then the Equus.

Who would go to Seoul and visit the lousiest sauna on the scene?

The only thing I never understood was why Steve never wrote a gay sauna guide on all the gay saunas in Asia.

With that expertise on gay sauna cruising he should be the perfect author for such a guide.

Some years back I felt, there was not any single sauna in the whole of Asia that he hadn't visited...

He could be a rich guy already and enjoy 5 Korean young men on his yacht and build a big 3 floor mansion on his property...    take it as missed chances...

On 2/24/2022 at 10:29 PM, singalion said:

Sorry, I did not contradict but clarify!

LOL!  How can be your "Nobody would call (Equus) a sauna"  be a CLARIFICATION?

Instead, it is an EQUIVOCATION.

And it is not I but you who is always negative.  When have you 'liked' one of my posts?

On 2/24/2022 at 11:20 PM, singalion said:

False,

The internet doesn't lie.

There are sufficient reports on the place since it opened at various guides.

If you take the Korean descriptions then you even find plenty more.

The moving to a new location took part in October 2013. Only in the second location  the sauna even has a small steam bath, which mostly was not operational. The second location from 2013 was bigger than before with separate rooms with "beds". But it cannot not be considered what we would call a sauna.

Before in the old very first place it just had a back area with some beds in not lockable tiny rooms and the front was a bar (and it had a tiny shower room).

The newest location since 2014 the place is smaller again with a mall backroom having some partitions in between and a shower room, the front is still a bar.

I assume also you confuse it with saunas in Taiwan (or in Seoul).

Lucky if you got into the sauna  because the operator seems to discriminate guys above 50 and caters to Korean guys.  "Only men under 50y admitted" it says in one of the old ads.

One foreign guy in a report from 2009 described his problems to get in and left the place.

It has nothing being a sauna but is more of a "cruising" club without sauna facilities.

The Internet doesn't lie?   Then you must recognize that when you googled "Equus gay sauna Seoul" the Internet recognized Equus as a gay sauna,  and plenty of reports about it also call it a sauna.  Q.E.D.  :) 

I'm not sure if the Internet doesn't lie,  but I DON'T LIE.

If Equus had not been listed as a sauna,  i would have never gone there, because Korean saunas is what I was looking for. 

You and the other guy are wasting your time trying to convince me that the good experience I had at Equus was not an experience I had,  ha ha ha.   I remember well my good experiences.  And it is worthless that you blabber about what the place had become in 2013, because I was there in 2006.

Even more idiotic is what this Ang Moh from Bangkok writes.  After claiming so strongly that he does not frequent gay saunas, and even making a Huge Tantrum about it,  he now wants to show that he is... an expert in saunas!  :lol:

Edited by Steve5380

On 2/24/2022 at 11:44 PM, singalion said:

More interesting is the recent controversy on that gay cruise place.

Some evangelical groups have been holding daily demonstration at the place and even stormed the place various times disturbing the "activity" inside. This seems to be ongoing for more than 2 years.

The place seems now guarded by police to avoid any intrusion of the demonstrators.

Recently it was the object of a court case...

Now.. AT LAST you wrote a worthwhile post.  A post that describes how a court in a progressive country sided with the rights of us LGBTQ,  instead of the fantasies of the religious conservatives. 

Now I feel proud of having attended in its early days this establishment that lead to a progressive court case. 

On 2/25/2022 at 4:38 AM, singalion said:

To be honest I don't think this is of any relevance.

I personally assume he went to a  very different spot and just doesn't want to admit on his error or memory lapse.

There is one with that typical Korean name, I think they build cars also. That place is operating for much longer then the Equus.

The only thing I never understood was why Steve never wrote a gay sauna guide on all the gay saunas in Asia.

With that expertise on gay sauna cruising he should be the perfect author for such a guide.

Some years back I felt, there was not any single sauna in the whole of Asia that he hadn't visited...

He could be a rich guy already and enjoy 5 Korean young men on his yacht and build a big 3 floor mansion on his property...    take it as missed chances...

HA HA HA...  I seldom read something so comical!

The "lousiest sauna on the scene" was also THE BEST sauna on the scene.  I went to other saunas in Seoul, but only once.  To Equus I went twice. 

And  OH MIRACLE!   A Freudian slip.  You called Equus a "lousiest sauna",  that is,  A SAUNA.

Also comical is how the other guy keeps writing ever more ridiculous things,  like how could I have found Equus if I don't read Korean!   Its address was written in countless guides in English!  And oh miracle,  the owner 'Paul' also spoke a very good English.  And after all his alleged visits to Seoul, the other guy is not aware that the city is full of American military personnel, who speak mostly English, and the city of course tries to make their life there as easy as possible.

On 2/25/2022 at 12:14 AM, singalion said:

Most sauna's have a steam room, dry sauna and often a pool. I have been to one in Europe that had various large pools with differently temperated water.

This is not worth to go on with this discussion here.

Let's move on...

Most saunas have a steam room, dry sauna,  BUT NOT ALL.  The Equus I knew didn't have these.

You and the other guy are having a worthless, off topic discussion here.  I didn't invite this discussion, you tenors brought up the sauna Equus here.  

So please,  move on...  or move out.

Edited by Steve5380

Dear fellow gay readers and posters at BW:

I started this topic "for gays who will be seniors one day".  The topic is whatever can help us to become one day healthy, happy and OLD seniors.  

We just saw  ( I hope it is in the past)  an example of how we can have an individual or several going after us to scold, discredit, smear us with falsities.   You see here two trolls who are doing precisely that,  having imported into this thread an argument that originated somewhere else.   

I hope you are getting a good example on how to deal with them.  First of all,  not getting angry!  It is not worth to get angry over what some anonymous poster writes in a forum.  Second,  taking the attacks with humor. Humor is a source of joy, and it is also a defense mechanism of our mind that suppresses negativity.  Why should I care if some ignorant challenge my good experience at Equus in Seoul?  This experience I already had,  it is in the positive column of my life experience :) 

Stress from a persistent attack can be a killer,  and humor... kills this stress. :thumb:

(this smart use of humor could be put to good use in the stressful environment of work, where colleagues and bosses can get on our nerves)

Edited by Steve5380

On 2/25/2022 at 9:58 PM, Steve5380 said:

We just saw  ( I hope it is in the past)  an example of how we can have an individual or several going after us to scold, discredit, smear us with falsities.   You see here two trolls who are doing precisely that,  having imported into this thread an argument that originated somewhere else.   

I hope you are getting a good example on how to deal with them.

First of all, do what @Steve5380 does. When he fails to answer questions accurately and is unable to do anything other than throw out insults, he writes and complains to the Moderators about how he is being abused. He has done this several times over the years and has just done it again. Just like a little child complaining to mama! Most posters are old enough to look after themselves!

On 2/25/2022 at 9:42 PM, Steve5380 said:

I went to other saunas in Seoul, but only once.  To Equus I went twice ... The Equus I knew didn't have these.You and the other guy are having a worthless, off topic discussion here.  I didn't invite this discussion, you tenors brought up the sauna Equus

Ah but you are wrong - again. No one mentioned Equus in Seoul until @Steve5380 brought up the name in the Ukraine conflict impact on Singapore and Asia? thread on Tuesday qt 10:57 am. I decided to bring it over into this thread yesterday for the reason that you had posted it in the Ukraine thread. That was not appropriate for a discussion on South Korean bathhouses. As I said above - 

On 2/24/2022 at 9:30 PM, InBangkok said:

Edited by InBangkok

On 2/25/2022 at 10:42 PM, Steve5380 said:

And  OH MIRACLE!   A Freudian slip.  You called Equus a "lousiest sauna",  that is,  A SAUNA.

I didn't! 

Here what I wrote:

On 2/25/2022 at 6:38 PM, singalion said:

Or did you intend to admit this Equus cruising club is the lousiest gay place in Korea?

On 2/25/2022 at 9:58 PM, Steve5380 said:

And it is not I but you who is always negative.  When have you 'liked' one of my posts?

Why do you need to bring this up? 

Are you just here to chase "Likes"?

I responded to this already in a private message. 

You can probably count my total Likes on BW at around 5 in 21 years. 

What does this tell you?

On 2/25/2022 at 10:36 AM, singalion said:

You can probably count my total Likes on BW at around 5 in 21 years. 

What does this tell you?

It tells me that you don't like anyone.

And unfortunately, you also seem to have a problem with the truth!

You referred to Equus as "lousiest sauna"  and now you negate you did so.

And you wrote that nobody would call Equus a sauna, and after I quoted many callings of Equus as a sauna, you changed your mistake into a "clarification".

And oh... this is something else, you claim: 

"Do you know my lifestyle?

Have I said I never did any fasting?

these are all your assumptions."

Dear fellow:  if after all your condemnation of fasting that started months ago,  you indeed did fast,  the word stupidity is an understatement.

I don't really see the point in responding to an individual improperly quoting me, who is a shameless compulsive liar. 

Dear fellow gays, when there is someone posting lies and absurdities trying to make you angry,  IT IS PERFECTLY REASONABLE and correct to report him,  not to seek punishment for him,  but out of respect for a forum he is corrupting. 

And when there is a responsible Moderator in a forum,  he will not react to unfounded reports but he will respond to proven cause to reprimand or sanction the offending troll and make him shut up.

This is the best solution to avoid senseless long discussions that detract from the topic of the forum

Otherwise, it would be easy to perpetuate the discussion proving the troll or trolls wrong.  But there is nothing positive in this. Even if the party ordered to shut up tries to continue making trouble. 

On 2/25/2022 at 4:00 AM, singalion said:

It may sound sarcastic, but I m sure there are also other areas where you don't reach brilliance... 😆 😂 🤣

I would gladly give up the brilliance of overpowering two tenors on a podium,  for the overpowering excitement to visit some SG saunas again, for which I have much more practice and enthusiasm.

I doubt that you two tenors have much of a singing voice,  so I rather share some exclamations of joy with the gays in the saunas. 😃😁😜

Guest wahahaha......
On 2/26/2022 at 8:55 AM, Steve5380 said:

the overpowering excitement to visit some SG saunas again, for which I have much more practice and enthusiasm.

Please give us at least a month of  advance notice before your arrival.  We don't want any  pre-mature Halloween scare from a white looking man....wahahaha...

On 2/25/2022 at 7:26 PM, Guest wahahaha...... said:

Please give us at least a month of  advance notice before your arrival.  We don't want any  pre-mature Halloween scare from a white looking man....wahahaha...

I am not too white-looking.  Not like my mama, with so white skin that got burned with the slightest ray of sun and her blue eyes.  I have also a little Latin blood in me too, from my father who was of French descendance.  A few beers, and I am seen as one of you. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.