Male HQ

Do you need to own the "live" number to keep a Telegram account after verification?

kidster

Do you need to own the "live" number to keep a Telegram account after verification?

Eg. I used 12345678 from TPG to activate my Telegram account. I did no renew when the free plan ended and TPG recycles this number.

What will happen to my Telegram account if the new owner uses the same number to register for Telegram? Will I lose access to my Telegram account?

I think when the new TPG number user tries to register your number on Telegram will be prompted that an existing account is associated with this number.

I think they can choose to access existing account by choose reset password? Because they can request a OTP to send to the number for login/reset password.

But my question is why you don’t want to link it to your existing number(which is another number that you use for call/sms?

On 2/7/2022 at 9:04 PM, kinkienips said:

I think when the new TPG number user tries to register your number on Telegram will be prompted that an existing account is associated with this number.

I think they can choose to access existing account by choose reset password? Because they can request a OTP to send to the number for login/reset password.

But my question is why you don’t want to link it to your existing number(which is another number that you use for call/sms?

Android phone can install two Tele apps. One for work and one for haha... but I only have one number.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:25 PM, kidster said:

Android phone can install two Tele apps. One for work and one for haha... but I only have one number.

Oh I didn’t know that. I guess you can only verify with telegram to check whether can it tie to your account aside from using your previous number instead. 

Edited by kinkienips

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.