Male HQ

Ukraine invasion by Russia Discussion and it's impact on Singapore and Asia? (compiled)

singalion

On 4/8/2022 at 3:44 AM, Steve5380 said:

Any persons with malicious intentions can post in this forum, as members or guests,  from Russia or Bangkok or anywhere.  Not only to infect the forum with pro-Russia propaganda but even more common,  anti-American propaganda. 

Don't forget what the US did in the Marshall Islands... Tricked the locals that they were safe in the shadow of the atomic bomb tests, and then used them as experimental subjects. Even now, they are treated poorly, while the Americans who live on the US base live lives of luxury.

And I am not even talking about the atrocities that were committed in Indo-China and Latin America...

No, I am not US-bashing, just pointing out that the US is no angel on the world stage.

Слава Україні!

On 4/8/2022 at 3:00 AM, sgmaven said:

Don't forget what the US did in the Marshall Islands... Tricked the locals that they were safe in the shadow of the atomic bomb tests, and then used them as experimental subjects. Even now, they are treated poorly, while the Americans who live on the US base live lives of luxury.

And I am not even talking about the atrocities that were committed in Indo-China and Latin America...

No, I am not US-bashing, just pointing out that the US is no angel on the world stage.

A poster maliciously wrote to me:  "America is not as innocent as you think".   That was a falsity.   Of course America is not innocent, the same as any other country that has ever had any power.   And it does not need to be innocent or an angel in the world stage to be attacked by those who are anti-American. I don't bring up this tag to specifically define you,  but several posters mostly in the thread about US politics.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:43 AM, Guest Roots said:

America innocent? It is an understatement.  Atrocious more likely.  History can judge for itself.  Your generations should know better about the black man Slavery era.

What I called a falsity is the malicious statement that I think America is innocent.  OF COURSE it is not!

Speaking about slavery,  it is interesting that people found it an atrocity centuries ago (and perhaps throughout all history).  In the biography of Benjamin Franklin,  who lived in the 18th century, one reads how immoral it was considered then.  But Franklin owned slaves and was not against this until later in his life.   The morality of slavery can be tied to the morality of politics,  which is very low or non existent. 

On 4/8/2022 at 9:07 PM, Steve5380 said:

A poster maliciously wrote to me:  "America is not as innocent as you think".   That was a falsity.   Of course America is not innocent, the same as any other country that has ever had any power.   And it does not need to be innocent or an angel in the world stage to be attacked by those who are anti-American. I don't bring up this tag to specifically define you,  but several posters mostly in the thread about US politics.

That is why I said that none of the permanent members of the UN Security Council are free from guilt. All of them, at some stage in their history, did terrible things to people.

The whole Permanent Membership to the Security Council can be likened to giving the biggest bullies in the playground the job of policing that playground. It is preposterous to think that it would be done fairly. More likely, each will do as much as they can get away with. Which is exactly what has happened in the world. Each permanent member has the exclusive power of the veto, which means that none of them are exactly "scared" of some Security Council declaration/decision taken against them.

Слава Україні!

On 4/8/2022 at 9:43 PM, Guest Roots said:

America innocent? It is an understatement.  Atrocious more likely.  History can judge for itself.  Your generations should know better about the black man Slavery era.

We were talking about US 's influencing regime change or invasions and not so much about domestic politics. 

On 4/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, sgmaven said:

That is why I said that none of the permanent members of the UN Security Council are free from guilt. All of them, at some stage in their history, did terrible things to people.

The whole Permanent Membership to the Security Council can be likened to giving the biggest bullies in the playground the job of policing that playground. It is preposterous to think that it would be done fairly. More likely, each will do as much as they can get away with. Which is exactly what has happened in the world. Each permanent member has the exclusive power of the veto, which means that none of them are exactly "scared" of some Security Council declaration/decision taken against them.

To give each member the power of the veto is what does not make sense.  No legislative body has that.  

Although in US criminal courts,  each member of the jury has such a 'veto',  because conviction requires unanimous decision to convict.

Maybe one day it will be possible to modify the human genome so that terrible things to people won't happen anymore.  And since we are at it,  humans doing terrible things to animals should also be prevented.  

On 4/8/2022 at 8:30 PM, Guest Provened in Science said:

It is not happening, unless human genome has sufficient level of gay genes.  Otherwise, the world will not have peace. 

I like your theory.   Maybe for world peace it is sufficient to boost the "gay genes",  so that the whole humanity becomes gay.

We see here in this gay forum that our fights are never 'horrible'  but very mild and even humorous.

And NO!  All of humanity becoming gay will not lead to extinction.  Because we gays can also fuck women and make babies. And for those too shy for this there is always artificial insemination, so that they can still have children with their own genes.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:32 PM, Guest Provened in Science said:

Gay don't fight, they simply exhaust their fumes to maintain certain level of coolness, just like gas factories or human fart.  Whereas straight people used invasive weapons to achieve similar results of cooling.   You see the difference between gayness and straightness?

Fortunately,  a good fraction of straight people are pacifists too.  They don't fight, they don't kill.

Unfortunately, some gay people are fighters too, are malevolent, mean spirited. 

But hopefully the gay genes tend to skew the average towards the pacifist side.

BTW... what is "Provened"?

On 4/9/2022 at 10:12 AM, Steve5380 said:

I like your theory.   Maybe for world peace it is sufficient to boost the "gay genes",  so that the whole humanity becomes gay.

We see here in this gay forum that our fights are never 'horrible'  but very mild and even humorous.

And NO!  All of humanity becoming gay will not lead to extinction.  Because we gays can also fuck women and make babies. And for those too shy for this there is always artificial insemination, so that they can still have children with their own genes.

Alexander the Great was proven exclusively gay and started a lot of wars. 

Being gay doesn't change. 

I mean less fights or wars.

Putin could be a repressed gay also, how do we know? Maybe it better explains his aggression as an act of self denial and hurt. 

From a psychological view it might prove correct. 

Your view on gays fertilising woman for offspring is a bit clownesque. 

On 4/9/2022 at 9:37 AM, singalion said:

Being gay doesn't change. 

I mean less fights or wars.

Putin could be a repressed gay also, how do we know? Maybe it better explains his aggression as an act of self denial and hurt. 

From a psychological view it might prove correct. 

Your whole post is a bit 'clownesque'.

On 4/9/2022 at 10:43 PM, Steve5380 said:

Your whole post is a bit 'clownesque'.

Look Steve, you're 80, but behave so childish. 

Only because I contradicted your post you don't need to react like a sulky small kid. 

Also I don't understand why you need to get into brawls with everyone about petty issues. 

I wrote nothing clownesque about Alexander the Great. 

On 4/9/2022 at 11:42 AM, Guest Consol me said:

I am scared. So many countries are seen bullying a big nation. 

Who is bullying who???   And which is this "big nation"?    Don't be scared, my child, say what you minded.

On 4/9/2022 at 10:11 PM, singalion said:

Look Steve, you're 80, but behave so childish. 

Only because I contradicted your post you don't need to react like a sulky small kid. 

Also I don't understand why you need to get into brawls with everyone about petty issues. 

I wrote nothing clownesque about Alexander the Great. 

I called your post "clownesque" to be friendly. ( you have a language confusion,  what you wrote is French,  in English we say  "clownish")  If you want the truth,  your post is plainly wrong!

You should consult a history book.  Alexander the Great was bisexual, he married 3 times and had children.

It is unfortunate that you don't understand what it is to be gay.  Either this, or you are a bitter older man who hates being gay and hates women.

GAY means a sexual orientation,  NOT a functionality.  We GAYS usually have a full masculine functionality.  This means that we can fertilize a woman and have children.  

Too many gay bashers and other homophobic propagate the false idea that gays cannot have sex with women and cannot reproduce.  What a stupidity!   We gays should be able to recognize feminine beauty and be attracted to women, we just don't care for the sexual act with them.  But with a little determination we can still do it and therefore procreate, if there is a necessity, and even without it.

On 4/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, Steve5380 said:

I called your post "clownesque" to be friendly. ( you have a language confusion,  what you wrote is French,  in English we say  "clownish")  If you want the truth,  your post is plainly wrong!

You should consult a history book.  Alexander the Great was bisexual, he married 3 times and had children.

It is unfortunate that you don't understand what it is to be gay.  Either this, or you are a bitter older man who hates being gay and hates women.

GAY means a sexual orientation,  NOT a functionality.  We GAYS usually have a full masculine functionality.  This means that we can fertilize a woman and have children.  

Too many gay bashers and other homophobic propagate the false idea that gays cannot have sex with women and cannot reproduce.  What a stupidity!   We gays should be able to recognize feminine beauty and be attracted to women, we just don't care for the sexual act with them.  But with a little determination we can still do it and therefore procreate, if there is a necessity, and even without it.

Get back to topic!

If you have a bad day today, drink a lavender tea or anything what soothes your bad mood. 

I m the least here to bash gays. In any of my posts I do my best to keep up the spirit of a gay person to increase his strength to counter the hostile society. 

Please leave me alone. 

You are an unforgiving sad old man. 

I approached you the most civil way the past month and you attack me at every front in your revenge driven mind. 

I have been pacifist since kindergarden. My last fight with another "man" I had in primary 2. After that I never needed to use my hands to fight. 

Refrain from taking everything so personal. 

Kindly just leave me in peace and ignore my posts in future. 

On 4/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, Steve5380 said:

Never challenge a walking history book. 

It was common that men married in those times due to status. There were laws that deprived bachelors from Greek civil rights if they were unmarried.

Alexander the Great slept with his lover in the same tent during conquests and at home. 

This is well recorded. 

He was said to be a potent masculine dominant top. 

Hephaestion (Ancient Greek: Ἡφαιστίων Hephaistíon; c. 356 BC  –  October 324 BC), son of Amyntor, was an ancient Macedonian nobleman and a general in the army of Alexander the Great. He was "by far the dearest of all the king's friends; he had been brought up with Alexander and shared all his secrets." This relationship lasted throughout their lives.

Alexander the Great was filled with so much grief of his lover's sudden death that he died with 32y just a few months later. 

On 4/10/2022 at 12:53 AM, singalion said:

Never challenge a walking history book. 

It was common that men married in those times due to status. There were laws that deprived bachelors from Greek civil rights if they were unmarried.

Alexander the Great slept with his lover in the same tent during conquests and at home. 

This is well recorded. 

He was said to be a potent masculine dominant top. 

Hephaestion (Ancient Greek: Ἡφαιστίων Hephaistíon; c. 356 BC  –  October 324 BC), son of Amyntor, was an ancient Macedonian nobleman and a general in the army of Alexander the Great. He was "by far the dearest of all the king's friends; he had been brought up with Alexander and shared all his secrets." This relationship lasted throughout their lives.

Alexander the Great was filled with so much grief of his lover's sudden death that he died with 32y just a few months later. 

Your post is completely off topic! 

Guest Steve's Lawyer
On 4/10/2022 at 1:32 PM, singalion said:

Kindly just leave me in peace and ignore my posts in future. 

Sounds like a good offer.  My client has accepted it, and please don't breach it my responding to all my client's comments.  Otherwise I will sue you for breaching the agreement. 

On 4/10/2022 at 10:24 PM, Steve5380 said:

Your post is completely off topic! 

You were the one who went off track with that [clownish aka in St Louisanian "clownesque" ] gays being more pacifist and gays impregnating girls for procreation discussion. 

My counter example was Alexander the Great!

Edited by singalion

On 4/10/2022 at 10:32 PM, Guest Steve's Lawyer said:

Sounds like a good offer.  My client has accepted it, and please don't breach it my responding to all my client's comments.  Otherwise I will sue you for breaching the agreement. 

Sure, send the agreement to my doorstep containing Steve's signature and initials on all pages for countersigning.

But prior to that please show me your authority to act on Steve's behalf. 

It is encouraging the attitude of Boris Johnson to travel to Kyiv to speak with Zelenskyy, the result of which could be more British weapons for the Ukrainians.   NATO is holding firm in its support for the embattled country in a historic stance.   If all this does not escalate into a World War III,  Russia will end up quite damaged from its evil attack!

Thank God that this conflict has the highest attention by the whole world,  and Russia's war crimes are exposed for all to see.  This was not the case with Syria, where Russia committed the same atrocities.

It seems that so far there has not been enough criminality in Ukraine for the likeness of Putin,  who will now move the general experienced in war crimes from Syria to head the Russian offensive in east Ukraine. 

With women and children evacuating east Ukraine and able men staying behind,  once more weapons come into their defending hands the Russians may suffer the same fate they had around Kyiv.  It is estimated that between 15% and 20% of  the Russian forces have been eliminated,  so let's wish that the Ukrainians are able to take care of the remaining 80% or 85%. 

On 4/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, singalion said:

Sure, send the agreement to my doorstep containing Steve's signature and initials on all pages for countersigning.

But prior to that please show me your authority to act on Steve's behalf. 

I hereby confer "Guest Steve's Lawyer" the authority to act on my behalf in this particular matter.

And now, please,  go back to the topic !!

Guest Heaving a loud Sigh
On 4/10/2022 at 10:57 PM, Steve5380 said:

It is encouraging the attitude of Boris Johnson to travel to Kyiv to speak with Zelenskyy, the result of which could be more British weapons for the Ukrainians.   NATO is holding firm in its support for the embattled country in a historic stance.   If all this does not escalate into a World War III,  Russia will end up quite damaged from its evil attack!

If only, western Europe and America have shown similar zest to protect Palestinian when they were invaded by Israel.  All these so-called democracy, saving small nations from big bullies?  For lack of better word,  BULL-SHAT!!

On 4/10/2022 at 10:16 AM, Guest Heaving a loud Sigh said:

If only, western Europe and America have shown similar zest to protect Palestinian when they were invaded by Israel.  All these so-called democracy, saving small nations from big bullies?  For lack of better word,  BULL-SHAT!!

Don't be shy of the word BULLSHIT,  it is not very elegant but it is in the dictionary.

I think that the difference lies in the Zionist propaganda that indoctrinated the western world.  This propaganda paints the Jews as the victims of the greatest atrocity in the world, the Holocaust, somewhat suggesting that no other folk has been victimized like them, something not true.  The Jews in Israel take advantage of their status of 'victims'  to become the victimizers of other people, the Palestinians.

I suspect that this heavy foot totalitarian attitude of Israel towards the Palestinians is wearing out the "victim" status of Judaism, and, probably not in my lifetime, some other evil will descend on them...  because they are asking for it!   Judaism could benefit from some of the Christian morality.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest No excuse
On 4/11/2022 at 12:01 AM, Steve5380 said:

I think that the difference lies in the Zionist propaganda that indoctrinated the western world.  This propaganda paints the Jews as the victims of the greatest atrocity in the world, the Holocaust, somewhat suggesting that no other folk has been victimized like them, something not true.  The Jews in Israel take advantage of their status of 'victims'

That is not a good excuse to leave Palestinian to their own demise. Why not just cut through the chase and simply say that Ukraine has more natural resources that will commercially benefit Europe and America thus worth defending.  The moves are all calculated even before the war started. Besides, I have soft spot for Russian soldiers.  They were like Singapore army, young and innocent. 

On 4/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, Guest No excuse said:

That is not a good excuse to leave Palestinian to their own demise. Why not just cut through the chase and simply say that Ukraine has more natural resources that will commercially benefit Europe and America thus worth defending.  The moves are all calculated even before the war started. Besides, I have soft spot for Russian soldiers.  They were like Singapore army, young and innocent. 

Also there is no need to become so cynical and make everything a matter of money and commerce.  There are other countries that have vast natural resources.  There are more noble reasons to support Ukraine, like the lack of a solid reason by Russia to invade its neighbor.  And the Palestinians are not slaughtered so ruthless like the Ukrainians are.

I also feel sorry for the young and innocent soldiers that are the pawns in the games or nations. But it is also a fact that they slaughter civilians in criminal ways.   And before they come in consideration,  the many young and innocent civilians they kill take precedence.

Guest Luc54

Guys, you need to be alerted and be vigilant in ready. In the next two weeks, this war will escalate globally. Everyone will be in danger. World economy will all collapse. All properties will be seized by the governments from an order from the higher global group. All will be revealed in the next two weeks. Beware guys.

I think it is important to also consider the strategic perspective in this conflict. The current Russian border is a very flat and open plain, which makes it very difficult to defend. In the past, while the Iron Curtain was in place, the "border" was pushed much further Westward, where the European plain is much narrower. There is talk that if the Ukraine falls, then Russia would look at Moldova, since it would gain a the barrier of the Carpathian mountains if it manages to push the "border" that far. Considering that Belarus currently is "friendly" to Russia, and the Kaliningrad exclave can easily be joined to the Russian whole, thereby cutting off the Baltic States from the rest of NATO, the real frontline is Poland. That is why the Poles are taking such a tough stance, and also extending so much help to the Ukrainians.

Слава Україні!

Moscow promotes Alexander Dvornikov, who led Russian troops in Syria, as it regroups for Donbas battle

Sun 10 Apr 2022 

The newly appointed general in command of Russia’s military campaign in Ukraine is likely to usher in a fresh round of “crimes and brutality” against civilians, the US has said.

Jake Sullivan, the national security adviser in Washington, said the appointment of Alexander Dvornikov as theatre commander of Russian forces in Ukraine could not disguise the strategic failure of Vladimir Putin’s war so far. “Ukraine will never be subjugated to Russia; it doesn’t matter which general President Putin tries to appoint,” he told CNN.

Dvornikov’s appointment follows the withdrawal of Russian forces from around the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv. Dvornikov, 60, came to prominence at the head of Russian troops in Syria in 2015-16, when there was particularly brutal bombardment of rebel-held areas, including civilian populations, in Aleppo.

Sullivan said Dvornikov’s promotion would lead to more atrocities. “This particular general has a résumé that includes brutality against civilians in other theatres – in Syria – and we can expect more of the same” in Ukraine, he said.

“This general will just be another author of crimes and brutality against Ukrainian civilians, and the United States is determined to do all that we can to support the Ukrainians as they resist him and the forces that he commands.”

Asked whether the Ukrainian military was capable of responding to an even more ferocious onslaught from the Russians under Dvornikov, Kuleba said history would demonstrate who would prevail. “Whatever Russia is planning to do, we have our strategy based on the confidence that we will win this war and we will liberate our territories.”

In what seemed to be further evidence of Russia’s intention to attack Donbas, satellite images showed a 7 mile-long Russian convoy moving south in the Kharkiv region. It included armoured vehicles, trucks with artillery and support equipment.

In an update on Sunday, Ukraine’s general staff said the “enemy” was trying to break through near the city of Izyum, south of Kharkiv. It claimed Ukrainian forces had wiped out another “large column of enemy equipment and manpower” heading towards Izyum during an overnight operation.

They had also cleared the village of Vilkhivka, immediately east of Kharkiv. Ukrainian soldiers discovered the corpses of Russian soldiers left behind in a pit, said Oleg Synegubov, a regional military administration head. “This is an example of how these scoundrels act even with their own,” he declared.

The northern column is trying to link up with Russian forces advancing from Mariupol to the south. A number of Ukrainian soldiers from the Azov battalion still control a few central areas, more than a month into a Russian siege in which thousands of civilians have been killed.

The regiment released a video that appeared to show a Russian armoured vehicle next to a beach being blown up. The occupants had been sent “to hell”, it said.

Ukraine’s armed forces claim 19,300 Russian soldiers have been eliminated since the invasion, and 1,911 armoured vehicles destroyed. The Kremlin says the figure is lower, but Putin’s spokesperson Dmitry Peskov has acknowledged that there have been terrible casualties.

-----

The shift could be a trick by Russia to persuade Ukraine soldiers to move to the Eastern front , bind them there im battles and then Russia trying a "Blitzkrieg" against Kiyv. 

I hope the tanks and other equipment will arrive for Ukraine asap. 

There is also silence on the negotiations front...no new news if negotiations are still ongoing. 

Edited by singalion

I think European countries should just cut all supplies from Russia because the loss of revenue would cost more to Russia as it could not finance the war machinery. 

I also thought Europe should impose a freeze of any money transfers to Russia and collect any dues to Russia in a special monetary fund to later provide for the re-build of Ukraine. 

On 4/11/2022 at 3:59 AM, sgmaven said:

I think it is important to also consider the strategic perspective in this conflict. The current Russian border is a very flat and open plain, which makes it very difficult to defend. In the past, while the Iron Curtain was in place, the "border" was pushed much further Westward, where the European plain is much narrower. There is talk that if the Ukraine falls, then Russia would look at Moldova, since it would gain a the barrier of the Carpathian mountains if it manages to push the "border" that far. Considering that Belarus currently is "friendly" to Russia, and the Kaliningrad exclave can easily be joined to the Russian whole, thereby cutting off the Baltic States from the rest of NATO, the real frontline is Poland. That is why the Poles are taking such a tough stance, and also extending so much help to the Ukrainians.

Kaliningrad does not border to Belarus. it is enclosed between Poland and Lithuania. 

Russia will not dare to attack any Nato state member. It would mean war with NATO. 

Edited by singalion

Guest Miss Venezuela
On 4/11/2022 at 4:18 AM, singalion said:

I think European countries should just cut all supplies from Russia because the loss of revenue would cost more to Russia as it could not finance the war machinery. 

You are as innocent as freak.  While America kept urging everyone to sanction Russia,  America is still buying essential metals and fertlisers from Russia.  Mind you, they are not reported by the Western news,  because they are essential to America.  America is just sanctioning oil and gas because it has sufficient stockpile for itself.   The world is governed by deceit, hypocrisy and geo-politics self interest.  It set its own virtue standards, while other countries should be above board.   

On 4/11/2022 at 9:13 AM, Guest Miss Venezuela said:

You are as innocent as freak.  While America kept urging everyone to sanction Russia,  America is still buying essential metals and fertlisers from Russia.  Mind you, they are not reported by the Western news,  because they are essential to America.  America is just sanctioning oil and gas because it has sufficient stockpile for itself.   The world is governed by deceit, hypocrisy and geo-politics self interest.  It set its own virtue standards, while other countries should be above board.   

Compared to the behaviour of China, what the US is doing might be a lil bit hypocrite... 

Will check on fertilisers. 

Edited by singalion

On 4/11/2022 at 4:23 AM, singalion said:

Kaliningrad does not border to Belarus. it is enclosed between Poland and Lithuania. 

Russia will not dare to attack any Nato state member. It would mean war with NATO. 

I didn't say that Kaliningrad borders Belarus, just that together with "friendly" Belarus, it is easy for Russia to cut off the Baltic States. All it takes is for Russian troops from that exclave to push towards Belarus, or vice versa.

While a direct confrontation with NATO may not be preferred, it is quite clear that Russia wants to reduce the size of the border it has to defend against NATO. That is why the "threat" of the Ukraine joining NATO was too great to entertain, and was a cause for the invasion of the Ukraine.

Слава Україні!

On 4/11/2022 at 4:18 AM, singalion said:

Easier said than done. Too many countries in Europe are dependent on Russia for gas and oil imports. In fact, Germany, who depends on Russia for 35% of its gas, does not have a quick remedy, being devoid of LNG terminals in its ports. Many European countries also lack LNG receiving terminals, so even if the US and other countries like Qatar could satisfy their demand for Natural Gas (which they current cannot), there is no means to get the gas to the point of use.

Слава Україні!

image.thumb.png.23672571cca578841eb5ccd71c8bb08b.png

Look at the contribution of the different exports by Russia in 2019 (compiled by Harvard - source)

You can see that the Energy sector is the main export earner for Russia, and I can understand why the West has been focused on the oil and gas embargo. Fertilisers only makes up less than 1% of exports (part of the mauve box). Not sure which metals some are referring to, but while Russia contributes significantly to the global output of metals like Nickel & Aluminium, the part it plays in overall export mix is small, in dollar terms.

Edited by sgmaven

Слава Україні!

On 4/11/2022 at 4:20 PM, sgmaven said:

Easier said than done. Too many countries in Europe are dependent on Russia for gas and oil imports. In fact, Germany, who depends on Russia for 35% of its gas, does not have a quick remedy, being devoid of LNG terminals in its ports. Many European countries also lack LNG receiving terminals, so even if the US and other countries like Qatar could satisfy their demand for Natural Gas (which they current cannot), there is no means to get the gas to the point of use.

Also boils back to Trump's stupid move to terminate the previous Agreement Obama (and the Europeans) made with Iran. That reduced another alternative source for oil and gas. 

Edited by singalion

Like I said, Europe in general, lacks LNG terminals. Such infrastructure takes time to build. Hence, even if there are exporters of gas ready to supply Europe at the moment, there is no way to get it to them. They are just too used to transport of gas via the pipeline from Russia.

Слава Україні!

By the way, the same thing can be said about Singapore's dependence on gas via pipeline from Indonesia. Until very recently, that was our only method of importing Natural Gas, until the building of the LNG facility in Jurong Island.

Considering almost all of our Electricity is generated from the burning of Natural Gas in Singapore, any cut in supply would be catastrophic for the nation.

Слава Україні!

On 4/11/2022 at 4:41 PM, sgmaven said:

Like I said, Europe in general, lacks LNG terminals. Such infrastructure takes time to build. Hence, even if there are exporters of gas ready to supply Europe at the moment, there is no way to get it to them. They are just too used to transport of gas via the pipeline from Russia.

The only LNG terminal at moment is Zeebrugge. 

For Germany there are environmental issues as the LNG ports need deep see ports to berth the ships. You get a lot of protests from environmentalists and this delays construction as every complaint is handled in courts. 

It's not as easy as im SGP where you cut all mangroves and simply dig. 

Edited by singalion

Don't forget that while the European public is very supportive of the Ukrainian people in this war, many are also worried about the economic outlook. Even before this invasion, the increases in energy bills due to a variety of reasons, was already causing a stir on the continent. Can you imagine if they decided to abandon Russian gas altogether? I think the energy prices will rise even further!

Слава Україні!

On 4/11/2022 at 4:46 PM, sgmaven said:

By the way, the same thing can be said about Singapore's dependence on gas via pipeline from Indonesia. Until very recently, that was our only method of importing Natural Gas, until the building of the LNG facility in Jurong Island.

Considering almost all of our Electricity is generated from the burning of Natural Gas in Singapore, any cut in supply would be catastrophic for the nation.

Better not to discuss how Singapore generates electricity if not Greta Thunberg will immediately sail to here... 🤣

On 4/11/2022 at 4:51 PM, singalion said:

Better not to discuss how Singapore generates electricity if not Greta Thunberg will immediately sail to here... 🤣

Well, the government will tell her that burning Natural Gas is greener than using "dirty fuels" like coal...

Слава Україні!

On 4/11/2022 at 4:57 PM, singalion said:

Most under testing...

They at least have handling capability, and truck loading/reloading is quite common. Still all those terminals are still not enough to handle what Russia pipes over.

Слава Україні!

On 4/11/2022 at 4:58 PM, sgmaven said:

Well, the government will tell her that burning Natural Gas is greener than using "dirty fuels" like coal...

There is still a high percentage of fuel being burned to generate electricity in Singapore if I m not wrong

ok it went down

Data for 2020

With a total installed generation capacity of 14 million kilowatts (kW), Singapore produced 53 billion kilowatthours (kWh) of electricity in 2020. Natural gas generated nearly 96% of that electricity. Contributions from renewables, coal, and petroleum products accounted for the remaining 4% of generation.

Edited by singalion