Male HQ

Ukraine invasion by Russia Discussion and it's impact on Singapore and Asia? (compiled)

singalion

Guest Guest
On 5/17/2022 at 11:45 AM, Steve5380 said:

I don't seek to exploit ANY opportunity to chastise Donald Trump for ANY wrongs!!!  Good Heavens,  if I had to do this for ALL his wrongs,  this would bring down the BW server because of data overload.

Yes, we are both insignificant individuals, and our mistakes don't have practically any relevance.  But Biden is different, his mistakes could have enormous consequences.  But this makes an obvious mistake in a name so much more irrelevant. His important decisions receive much more attention than just a name in a phrase, he has a big staff of advisers, fact checkers, etc.  If you think that he is "senile",  you have no idea of the extent of dementia people can reach.  Today at nearly 80 his mind is perfectly lucid, so that it seems that he could continue for another term without problems.  Not like Ronald Reagan who started to lose it in his second term with advancing Alzheimer's.

Big staff of advisers? 

A three-way fighter-jet deal to bolster Ukraine’s defenses against Russia went dead — just five days after the White House first revealed an openness to making it work? After a dizzying series of public statements, diplomatic messaging and blunt offers to swap the Russian-made planes for American aircraft, it all fell apart, all because the decision went all the way up to President Biden, who vetoed the jet delivery? 

So much for your "Big staff of advisers". 

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/10/poland-fighter-jet-deal-ukraine-russia-00016038 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-ukraine-mig-29-fiasco-gets-worse-joe-biden-vladimir-putin-poland-ukraine-russia-nato-11646953225

The war could have ended almost as soon as it started, if not for Biden's cowardice to defend Ukraine during that time. 

And in case you have also grown as senile as Biden, this is not even halfway through his first term yet. Thank you so much for bringing up Ronald Reagan who started to lose it in his second term with advancing Alzheimer's. If you think Biden's mind is perfectly lucid, you should go google out all his gaffes and see for yourself, and it is not as if you didn't already know about it from the other thread on US politics. 

Turkey president is my new fav of the year.  He exudes an aura of positivity, almost saint-like.  His words sound like music of a thousand birds, just in time when the western world is full of bitterness.  Europe needs more president like him. 

On 5/17/2022 at 5:56 AM, Why? said:

Turkey president is my new fav of the year.  He exudes an aura of positivity, almost saint-like.  His words sound like music of a thousand birds, just in time when the western world is full of bitterness.  Europe needs more president like him. 

Too bad that Erdogan is married, with children and grandchildren.  Otherwise, you may had an opportunity for a partner.

Oh no!!!!!  Russia has decided to cut gas supply on Finland!!!!.  

Oh Wait.......Me think, 

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE FROM A LOGICAL MIND.  Should Russia continue to be Charitable to those countries?

Edited by Why?

On 5/20/2022 at 5:41 AM, Why? said:

Oh Wait.......Me think, 

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE FROM A LOGICAL MIND.  Should Russia continue to be Charitable to those countries?

Finland has now a great opportunity to transition to clean energy sources.  Solar, nuclear. 

On 5/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, Steve5380 said:

Finland has now a great opportunity to transition to clean energy sources.  Solar, nuclear. 

I guess Europe has no other choices but to use a vibrator instead of a real thing for pleasure. How long can they live without Russia's natural resources?

Guest So easy
On 5/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, Why? said:

I guess Europe has no other choices but to use a vibrator instead of a real thing for pleasure. How long can they live without Russia's natural resources?

On 5/20/2022 at 6:41 PM, Why? said:

Oh Wait.......Me think, 

so easy to be a keyboard warrior from the comfort of your life in Singapore, making big proclamations when there are zero repercussions for you. 

Russia is widening the age limits for joining their army. You want to really be part of something you believe in and show the world you are a real man and not a pussy (as you call others)? Please feel free to join up! We will look forward to your dispatches from the glory of the frontline. 

On 5/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, Guest So easy said:

so easy to be a keyboard warrior from the comfort of your life in Singapore, making big proclamations when there are zero repercussions for you.

The war is easy to resolve.  Unfortunately the West does not have the resolve to do it, even with warning signs of war prior.  Both side have an agenda in the war, with aim of expansion, either into Ukraine territory or moving the NATO further.  I will not take side simply because all politics are turd, and politicans behave like flies. Thus not worth getting agitated over what is happening in Europe.  The Western world stink as much as Putin.

Unlike you, I do not use simple mind to see war. Everyone is as guilty as charged.  The war can only end with one winner, whoever adopted the best strategy.  I can't wait for the winner to emerge and end this war swiftly, or at least, get them to talk peacefully. Will Sweden and Finland joining NATO help to de-escalate the war in Ukraine?  You sure is kidding me.

Edited by Why?

On 5/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, Why? said:

The war is easy to resolve.  Unfortunately the West does not have the resolve to do it, even with warning signs of war prior.  Both side have an agenda in the war, with aim of expansion, either into Ukraine territory or moving the NATO further.  I will not take side simply because all politics are turd, and politicans behave like flies. Thus not worth getting agitated over what is happening in Europe.  The Western world stink as much as Putin.

Unlike you, I do not use simple mind to see war. Everyone is as guilty as charged.  The war can only end with one winner, whoever adopted the best strategy.  I can't wait for the winner to emerge and end this war swiftly, or at least, get them to talk peacefully. Will Sweden and Finland joining NATO help to de-escalate the war in Ukraine?  You sure is kidding me.

And for sure, in Asia everything is paradise.

Just wonder why so many Singaporeans leave Singapore for countries like Australia, New Zealand and also to Europe...

Did you ever think there is any logic in what you plaster BW with?

Guest So easy
On 5/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, Why? said:

wow, you can’t even stand behind all the nonsense you have written on this thread. Good that you have realised that your points are not worth defending. 

On 5/21/2022 at 4:22 PM, singalion said:

Just wonder why so many Singaporeans leave Singapore for countries like Australia, New Zealand and also to Europe...

Leaving is not the same as migrating. People leave for study, for work, for family, for business, for love, for cheap and other money-making opportunities.  Some choose to stay, others choose to leave.  They still leave their hearts behind. The chicken will eventually return to roost, never heard that before?  I am happy with Asia.  The Asian boys are my greatest draw and makes me feel homely. 

On 5/21/2022 at 2:38 AM, singalion said:

Why not the US that consumes much more fossil energy ?

The Biden Administration in the US does not ignore the need for clean energy.  But it is difficult to convince the Republicans, who did not agree to allocate 555 billion dollars to fight climate change, which Biden had requested.

On 5/20/2022 at 11:07 PM, Guest So easy said:

Russia is widening the age limits for joining their army. You want to really be part of something you believe in and show the world you are a real man and not a pussy (as you call others)? Please feel free to join up! We will look forward to your dispatches from the glory of the frontline. 

You are absolutely right.  But we suspect that @Why is simply teasing.  He seems to team up with @7heaven and Guest Guest to help a boring life in Singapore with the entertainment to post outlandish stuff on BW.  This can entertain us too, by not taking anything they post seriously.

On 5/21/2022 at 3:22 AM, singalion said:

There is surely some logic.  It is his purpose that may not coincide with your purpose when posting, ha ha.

On 5/21/2022 at 3:42 AM, Guest So easy said:

wow, you can’t even stand behind all the nonsense you have written on this thread. Good that you have realised that your points are not worth defending. 

It seems that his purpose is not to write stuff to be defended,  but to defend from.

On 5/21/2022 at 5:24 AM, Why? said:

The Asian boys are my greatest draw and makes me feel homely. 

I agree with you, you make a good choice.  I am not in Asia, but I have brought back so many nice memories from there.  I could also bring back an Asian boy,  but I haven't decided on that.

Guest Guest

On 5/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, Steve5380 said:

As usual, you just cannot seem to get your facts right. Finland has long been transitioning into solar and nuclear energy for more than a decade or two, you idiot. Right now, electricity generated through renewable and nuclear energy already accounts for more than half of their energy usage in Finland. Not everyone is as hypocritical as the Americans, whose green slogans has gone only as far as their spit can fly, not just during Biden's presidency, not just during Trump's presidency, but even during all eight years of Obama's presidency as well.  

https://home.kpmg/fi/fi/home/Pinnalla/2021/10/the-new-reality-for-the-finnish-energy-sector.html

Rapid transition to renewable energy usage in Finland - KPMG Finland

Guest Guest
On 5/21/2022 at 4:22 PM, singalion said:

Why are you surprised? Is it because garbage like you is treated almost like a king, to the extent that you fail to see how the locals gets treated like trash by their own government? 

On 5/21/2022 at 10:40 PM, Guest Guest said:

Why are you surprised? Is it because garbage like you is treated almost like a king, to the extent that you fail to see how the locals gets treated like trash by their own government? 

On 5/21/2022 at 10:37 PM, Guest Guest said:

As usual, you just cannot seem to get your facts right. Finland has long been transitioning into solar and nuclear energy for more than a decade or two, you idiot. Right now, electricity generated through renewable and nuclear energy already accounts for more than half of their energy usage in Finland. Not everyone is as hypocritical as the Americans, whose green slogans has gone only as far as their spit can fly, not just during Biden's presidency, not just during Trump's presidency, but even during all eight years of Obama's presidency as well.  

Don't feel bad, @singalion, about the bad mouth of this Guest Guest.   If he calls you "garbage" and me "idiot", this is nothing but an unfortunate shortcoming of his brain that was not given any education in civility.

Furthermore, his brain has a shortcoming in understanding, reasoning, since he didn't realize that in my post about Finland I didn't write "START to transition to clean energy".   Of course Finland has given much importance to clean energy sources,  or let's say non-fossil-fuels, because it does not have internal sources of fossil fuels.  Solar energy should be attractive in Finland, and should become more than the 10% "other" in guest's chart,  since in summer they have daylight over much of the day.  

On 5/21/2022 at 10:50 PM, Guest Guest said:

You seem to be talking about the entertainment provided by the notorious Three Musky Queers of BW - @nightingale, @singalion and yourself. Now that the trolls have gnawed @nightingale clean and he has faded himself into the sunset with all his deleted pro-China anti-Singapore posts, the Mods is now left with only the two of you as troll bait for the next feeding frenzy show.    

I don't mind being bait for trolls like you.  I am like the ultraviolet light in my bug zapper that attracts the pesky insects.  On their way to the light they cross some electrodes at high voltage and... "puff" or "crack",  they are zapped.  Do you want to get zapped too?

On 5/21/2022 at 9:41 PM, Steve5380 said:

You are absolutely right.  But we suspect that @Why is simply teasing.  He seems to team up with @7heaven and Guest Guest to help a boring life in Singapore with the entertainment to post outlandish stuff on BW.  This can entertain us too, by not taking anything they post seriously.

I don't see this as teasing  

Their actions are aimed to distort the truth and to create a false narrative. 

If you don't see the dangers to society, then I m not sure if you properly recognised what implications these actions have for your own country. 

By calling it teasing you ignore and play down the dangers. 

Entertainment is still better than the trolling from one infamous and notorious Guest Guest troll who is disrupting this forum on a daily basis and Moderators have no qualms to name them as trolling "idiots"!

On 5/22/2022 at 11:58 AM, Steve5380 said:

Don't feel bad, @singalion, about the bad mouth of this Guest Guest.   If he calls you "garbage" and me "idiot", this is nothing but an unfortunate shortcoming of his brain that was not given any education in civility.

Furthermore, his brain has a shortcoming in understanding, reasoning, since he didn't realize that in my post about Finland I didn't write "START to transition to clean energy".   Of course Finland has given much importance to clean energy sources,  or let's say non-fossil-fuels, because it does not have internal sources of fossil fuels.  Solar energy should be attractive in Finland, and should become more than the 10% "other" in guest's chart,  since in summer they have daylight over much of the day.  

Nah, he had to change to the word "garbage" because his usual favourite "t-r-_-s-h" has been filtered by BW. 

Steve, you don't need to worry. I don't think I appear as "thin skinned" on BW... ha ha. 

Everyone with just a bit of psychological knowledge can identify this troll's inferiority complex if he needs to resort to such statements. 

Further, he is also only exposing once again his xenophobe stance. 

As if Singapore is autarkic from foreign investment and employment?

On 5/21/2022 at 11:22 PM, singalion said:

I don't see this as teasing  

Their actions are aimed to distort the truth and to create a false narrative. 

If you don't see the dangers to society, then I m not sure if you properly recognised what implications these actions have for your own country. 

By calling it teasing you ignore and play down the dangers. 

I don't think that the trolls here are dangers to society.  They are just addicted to some malevolence that is not as bad as kicking their pets.  I am not convinced that they believe the nonsense they post.

And in my opinion the intelligence and education level of the readers here is far superior to what would make them fall for the deceptions they push.   Finally,  they have ZERO influence over what society does in the places their nonsenses usually are about,  like the US. 

Unfortunately I see in America so many people who fall victims of misinformation.  The other days I saw an interview about the primaries in Pennsylvania,  where a woman was asked why she would vote for this "Dr. Oz".  She said that Oz was endorsed by Trump, and she has trust into everything Donald Trump says.   WHAT ????   This woman looked normal, not demented, someone we may cross everyday.  Yet if she really believes Trump, she cannot have more than one brain cell.

On 5/23/2022 at 1:59 AM, Steve5380 said:

WHAT ????   This woman looked normal, not demented, someone we may cross everyday.  Yet if she really believes Trump, she cannot have more than one brain cell.

Trump is not always wrong, you know that.  Joe Biden is not always right and his greatest mistake is to appoint Kamala as his vice president.  Now that she is cancelled, all seems good.  If you have more than one brain cell, you should have notice that long ago.  Now, back to Ukraine invasion.  The greatest person you should trust to tell the truth is...

ME!

On 5/23/2022 at 9:00 AM, Why? said:
On 5/23/2022 at 9:00 AM, Why? said:

The greatest person you should trust to tell the truth is...

ME!

Even if you are not the greatest person,  I trust your ME!  I trust that you trust and perhaps tell YOUR truth.

Your truth is usually quite different from mine,  but this is just a detail.  I also trust and speak MY truth.

I don't think that the trolls here are dangers to society.  They are just addicted to some malevolence that is not as bad as kicking their pets.  I am not convinced that they believe the nonsense they post.

And in my opinion the intelligence and education level of the readers here is far superior to what would make them fall for the deceptions they push.   Finally,  they have ZERO influence over what society does in the places their nonsenses usually are about,  like the US. 

Unfortunately I see in America so many people who fall victims of misinformation.  The other days I saw an interview about the primaries in Pennsylvania,  where a woman was asked why she would vote for this "Dr. Oz".  She said that Oz was endorsed by Trump, and she has trust into everything Donald Trump says.   WHAT ????   This woman looked normal, not demented, someone we may cross everyday.  Yet if she really believes Trump, she cannot have more than one brain cell.

Agree that in America, there are a lot of people who are victims of misinformation and information suppression. 

On the misinformation front, for years Democrats pandered the story about Trump collusion with Russia to win the 2016 election. However, now we know that this is false and Clinton’s campaign lawyer Michael Sussman is currently standing trial for lying to FBI by providing information which indirectly started the Trump-Russia collusion story. 

We wonder how many lies have not been exposed yet. 

In the US now, the current president Biden is failing on multiple fronts especially the Russia-Ukraine conflict. He had ample warning and intel in Oct 2021 that Russia is amassing troops around Ukraine but did not proactively dissuade Russia. If we look back in time, Biden was the Vice-President when Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, and now history is repeating itself with Russia attempting to take over Ukraine under Biden. 

On 5/23/2022 at 12:27 PM, 7heaven said:

Agree that in America, there are a lot of people who are victims of misinformation and information suppression. 

On the misinformation front, for years Democrats pandered the story about Trump collusion with Russia to win the 2016 election. However, now we know that this is false and Clinton’s campaign lawyer Michael Sussman is currently standing trial for lying to FBI by providing information which indirectly started the Trump-Russia collusion story. 

We wonder how many lies have not been exposed yet. 

In the US now, the current president Biden is failing on multiple fronts especially the Russia-Ukraine conflict. He had ample warning and intel in Oct 2021 that Russia is amassing troops around Ukraine but did not proactively dissuade Russia. If we look back in time, Biden was the Vice-President when Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, and now history is repeating itself with Russia attempting to take over Ukraine under Biden. 

If other people lie, this takes absolutely nothing away from the fact that Donald Trump is one of the most lying and deceiving people who walk this planet.   There are records of THOUSANDS of lies he told during his presidency, which ended with The BIG LIE,  ha ha.

Biden, on the other hand,  is doing an EXCELLENT work domestically and internationally.  His handling of the conflict in Ukraine has been exemplar, the way he brought NATO together and his shipment of weapons to Ukraine.

REMEMBER:  it was Trump who tried to blackmail Ukraine by withholding the weapons allocated to them unless...  unless they provided dirt on Biden.  !!!

On 5/24/2022 at 1:27 AM, 7heaven said:

In the US there is no information suppression but more an information overflow. 

Unfortunately, much media coverage in the US is sensualised and often not backed by facts at start. 

The misinformations results from intended manipulation and taking facts out of context. 

On 5/24/2022 at 1:27 AM, 7heaven said:

As long as this is not proven it is truth distortion to write that Sussmann is implicated in "lying". 

Currently, the charges are alleged. The correct way to indicate this is by using the word allegedly. 

You 7heaven post here as if the allegations against Sussmann are proven. But they are not!

a Computer scientists have uncovered a covert server linking the Trump Organization to a Russian-based bank. Sussman, Clinton's former campaign lawyer, is standing trial for allegedly lying to the FBI about his motives in informing the bureau about possible computer contacts between the Trump Organization and Alfa Bank, which has Kremlin ties and is one of the most powerful financial institutions in Russia.

Please also do not distort the truth to paint a picture that the Democratic campaign created the "Russia connection on Trump". 

There is no evidence to this. 

Your problem 7heaven is that you just read one side of the story and then claim this as the truth. 

Here at the link you can read that the picture that partisan media outlets in the US intend to paint on Sussmann are all false allegations. 

New details on 2016 Russia probe prompt flawed allegations of espionage

Politics Feb 16, 2022

A filing last week from the special counsel investigating the origins of the Russia probe has ignited a misleading media firestorm on the right that Hillary Clinton's campaign was guilty of illegally spying on Donald Trump. In a column this week, Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Charlie Savage of The New York Times wrote about the distortion.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/new-details-on-2016-russia-probe-prompt-flawed-allegations-of-espionage

=>

7heaven what you claim on media suppression and misinformation in the US is exactly what you are guilty of here yourself! 

Namely distorting facts by painting a misleading and misinformative picture. 

The full evidence on this I will post in the USA thread. 

Edited by singalion

Guest Guest

On 5/24/2022 at 8:06 AM, Steve5380 said:

If other people lie, this takes absolutely nothing away from the fact that Donald Trump is one of the most lying and deceiving people who walk this planet.   There are records of THOUSANDS of lies he told during his presidency, which ended with The BIG LIE,  ha ha.

Biden, on the other hand,  is doing an EXCELLENT work domestically and internationally.  His handling of the conflict in Ukraine has been exemplar, the way he brought NATO together and his shipment of weapons to Ukraine.

REMEMBER:  it was Trump who tried to blackmail Ukraine by withholding the weapons allocated to them unless...  unless they provided dirt on Biden.  !!!

"Biden, on the other hand,  is doing an EXCELLENT work domestically and internationally"?? Who are you kidding? The entire world has been turned upside down the moment Biden got into the Presidency. And here you are, talking about "The BIG LIE" some more? Ha ha ha! 

Was it really Trump who "tried to blackmail Ukraine by withholding the weapons allocated to them unless...  unless they provided dirt on Biden"? If so, it simply goes to show the intelligence of Donald Trump: If Ukraine has complied to Donald Trump's demands, they would have gotten their weapons,  Biden wouldn't have been elected into office, and Russia wouldn't be invading Ukraine under Donald Trump's watch.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:33 AM, singalion said:

Unfortunately, much media coverage in the US is sensualised and often not backed by facts at start. 

The misinformations results from intended manipulation and taking facts out of context. 

"much media coverage in the US is sensualised"? I wonder how the media coverage managed to "sensualised " the record high inflation, the abolishment of Title 42, the record number of illegal immigrants, the record number of mass shootings among the multitude of things that is going wrong in the USA right now?

It just goes to show that pea brains like you only uses the tiny-teeny-weeny head below to think.

On 5/24/2022 at 10:02 AM, singalion said:

As long as this is not proven it is truth distortion to write that Sussmann is implicated in "lying". 

Currently, the charges are alleged. The correct way to indicate this is by using the word allegedly. 

You 7heaven post here as if the allegations against Sussmann are proven. But they are not!

a Computer scientists have uncovered a covert server linking the Trump Organization to a Russian-based bank. Sussman, Clinton's former campaign lawyer, is standing trial for allegedly lying to the FBI about his motives in informing the bureau about possible computer contacts between the Trump Organization and Alfa Bank, which has Kremlin ties and is one of the most powerful financial institutions in Russia.

Please also do not distort the truth to paint a picture that the Democratic campaign created the "Russia connection on Trump". 

Your problem 7heaven is that you just read one side of the story and then claim this as the truth. 

Here at the link you can read that the picture that partisan media outlets in the US intend to paint on Sussmann are all false allegations. 

Politics Feb 16, 2022

A filing last week from the special counsel investigating the origins of the Russia probe has ignited a misleading media firestorm on the right that Hillary Clinton's campaign was guilty of illegally spying on Donald Trump. In a column this week, Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Charlie Savage of The New York Times wrote about the distortion.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/new-details-on-2016-russia-probe-prompt-flawed-allegations-of-espionage

=>

7heaven what you claim on media surpression and misinformation in the US is exactly what you are guilty of here yourself! 

The entire Sussman case is already in front of the Supreme Courts. Do you think the Courts will even bother to look into this case if they did not have sufficient evidences to charge him. Let's see if Hilary Clinton will get away so easily this time, like the way she got away scot free in the Benghazi attacks and the private email server leaks, especially since she is no longer any political person of interest! Ha ha ha! 

So, if there is anyone "distorting facts by painting a misleading and misinformative picture", it will be none other than our resident compulsive liar S-I-N-G-A-L-I-A-R! 

BW Readers don't get mislead:

The Sussmann trial in the US is not held at the Supreme Court.

This is false.

Substantiation:

Michael Sussmann, a former Justice Department prosecutor who went on to work at a law firm that has long represented Democrats, is charged. His trial begins with jury selection on Monday in federal court in Washington, D.C., and will focus in part on controversies from the 2016 presidential election.

People with knowledge would be aware that the Supreme Court in the US does not hear any first instance court cases.

For those interested more info is at the US thread.

Edited by singalion

‘Warmongering, lies and hatred’: Russian diplomat in Geneva resigns over Ukraine invasion

Boris Bondarev issues public statement saying: ‘Never have I been so ashamed of my country’

Mon 23 May 2022

A veteran Russian diplomat in Geneva has resigned over his country’s invasion of Ukraine in a rare political protest from within the Russian foreign policy establishment.

Boris Bondarev, a counsellor at the Russian permanent mission to the United Nations in Geneva, wrote in a public statement: “Never have I been so ashamed of my country.”

“Today the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not about diplomacy,” wrote the diplomat, a 20-year veteran of the Russian foreign ministry. “It is all about warmongering, lies and hatred. It serves interests of few, the very few people thus contributing to further isolation and degradation of my country. Russia no longer has allies, and there is no one to blame but its reckless and ill-conceived policy.”

Boris Bondarev said his decision to resign was ‘very simple’. Photograph: Handout/AP

Bondarev is the highest-level diplomat yet to resign publicly from the Russian foreign ministry over the war, which began in February. In a telephone interview with the Guardian, Bondarev confirmed that he had written the statement and submitted his letter of resignation on Monday.

“The decision was very simple,” said Bondarev. “When you see that your country is doing the worst things and being a civil servant you’re somehow related to that, it’s your decision just to terminate your connection with the government. We all must be responsible. And I don’t want to have any responsibility for what I don’t approve of.”

Bondarev published the statement on his Facebook and LinkedIn accounts and also sent copies to diplomats and media outlets. He said he had walked into work on Monday, submitted his resignation, and walked out.

“The decision was made on February 24. But it took some time to gather some resolve to make it,” he said.

Hillel Neuer, the executive director of the Geneva-based human rights organisation UN Watch, called Bondarev a “hero”.

“We are now calling on all other Russian diplomats at the United Nations – and worldwide – to follow his moral example and resign,” he said.

Neuer also called for Bondarev to be allowed to speak at this week’s Davos forum, a gathering of the world’s political and business elite at a mountain resort in Switzerland.

Bondarev’s statement was also confirmed by the Russian media outlet Kommersant, which said that it “also knows the names of several other diplomats who resigned from the Russian foreign ministry after the start of the ‘special military operation’ in Ukraine, but almost none of them have made public statements about this”.

Bondarev, a counsellor on arms control at the Russian diplomatic mission in Geneva, said that other Russian diplomats have similar feelings about the war but are unlikely to speak out.

“There are people who think the way that I think and see the situation for what it is,” he said. “But I don’t know whether some of them will follow my example. I don’t think that there will be many.”

He said he had not had any response yet from the foreign ministry after delivering his letter of resignation on Monday.

“I don’t know what the [Russian] reaction will be,” he said. “I don’t know what I am going to do either. No plans.”

Asked whether he had asked for asylum outside Russia, he said: “I think that if someone offers to help in this difficult situation, I think it would be very gratefully accepted.”

As to returning to Russia, he said that “would not be a very good idea right now”.

In his public statement, Bondarev took aim at top officials such as Vladimir Putin and Sergei Lavrov, calling the Russian foreign minister “a good illustration of the degradation of the system”.

“The aggressive war unleashed by Putin against Ukraine, and in fact against the entire western world, is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, but also, perhaps, the most serious crime against the people of Russia, with a bold letter Z crossing out all hopes and prospects for a prosperous free society in our country,” he wrote.

“Those who conceived this war want only one thing – to remain in power forever, live in pompous tasteless palaces, sail on yachts comparable in tonnage and cost to the entire Russian Navy, enjoying unlimited power and complete impunity,” he said. “To achieve that they are willing to sacrifice as many lives as it takes. Thousands of Russians and Ukrainians have already died just for this.”

Bondarev is a career diplomat who has worked for the foreign ministry since 2002. He has served as an adviser on nuclear non-proliferation for nearly a decade, first in Moscow and then at Russia’s permanent mission to the UN and other international organisations in Geneva.

During that time, he said, he had stayed on as a diplomat even as relations deteriorated with the west because he felt there was “some room for diplomacy, some room to go back to normal somehow”.

“But now after February 24, we just jumped into an abyss and there can be no going back to normal, no going back to anywhere,” he continued. “Today of course we can see that there can be no negotiations, it’s just all-out war.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/23/warmongering-lies-and-hatred-russian-diplomat-in-geneva-resigns-over-ukraine-invasion

Edited by singalion

On 5/24/2022 at 10:02 AM, singalion said:

Politics Feb 16, 2022

=>

7heaven what you claim on media suppression and misinformation in the US is exactly what you are guilty of here yourself! 

The story about computer scientists uncovered a covert server linking Russia to based bank and Trump Organisation has already been flatly debunked. 

In fact, it was Hillary herself who twit this. Is there objectivity when she is running against Trump? Lol. 

——————

For her part, Clinton not only approved using the Alpha Bank claim but helped to portray it as an established fact, tweeting: “Computer scientists have apparently uncovered a covert server linking the Trump Organization to a Russian-based bank.”

As the FBI’s Baker and other witnesses told jurors this week, there was in fact “nothing there.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3496659-how-the-sussmann-trial-revealed-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-alfa-bank-scandal/amp/

On 5/24/2022 at 8:06 AM, Steve5380 said:

The misinformation and gaslighting situations is very bad in US. Biden talked about voter suppression in Georgia when they change the law last year. However, as it turns out, Georgia is seeing record high voter turnout now. 

Remember: It is Biden who wants to withhold billion of dollars if Ukraine did not fire the prosecutor investigating Burisma which Hunter Biden is receiving tens of thousands of dollars from. 

On 5/24/2022 at 3:39 PM, 7heaven said:

The story about computer scientists uncovered a covert server linking Russia to based bank and Trump Organisation has already been flatly debunked. 

In fact, it was Hillary herself who twit this. Is there objectivity when she is running against Trump? Lol. 

——————

For her part, Clinton not only approved using the Alpha Bank claim but helped to portray it as an established fact, tweeting: “Computer scientists have apparently uncovered a covert server linking the Trump Organization to a Russian-based bank.”

As the FBI’s Baker and other witnesses told jurors this week, there was in fact “nothing there.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3496659-how-the-sussmann-trial-revealed-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-alfa-bank-scandal/amp/

Please post the US discussions in the USA thread.

It is interesting to see that you accuse other Members to post opinions from "media employees" when you yourself use an article which is highlighted by The Hill newspaper already to be just an opinion!

Hill media pointed sufficiently to the fact that the article is an Opinion:

by Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor

Opinion

The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

Please don't always try to substantiate something with evident opinion articles and from persons who can be judged as subjective from the start:

Jonathan Turley participated as a Republican witness in impeachment hearings and removal trials in Congress, both the first and second impeachments of President Donald Trump.

What opinion can you expect from someone who is such obviously a Trump supporter?

On 5/24/2022 at 3:48 PM, 7heaven said:

The misinformation and gaslighting situations is very bad in US. Biden talked about voter suppression in Georgia when they change the law last year. However, as it turns out, Georgia is seeing record high voter turnout now. 

You are confusing elections with primaries.

In Georgia there are Republican primaries taking place for the Senate posts.

This has nothing to do with Federal elections.

Do not misinform the BW readers here.

On 5/24/2022 at 3:48 PM, 7heaven said:

Remember: It is Biden who wants to withhold billion of dollars if Ukraine did not fire the prosecutor investigating Burisma which Hunter Biden is receiving tens of thousands of dollars from. 

It would be appreciated if internal US disputes which do not have any reference to the Ukraine war can be left out from this thread.

On 5/24/2022 at 5:43 PM, singalion said:

It would be appreciated if internal US disputes which do not have any reference to the Ukraine war can be left out from this thread.

For a moment, I thought I accidentally clicked on the thread about US politics instead of the one on the Ukraine!🤣

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest

You DO realize that YOU are the one who started talking about internal US disputes without the slightest reference to Russia and/or Ukraine in the post below, right? So instead of telling OTHERS that "t would be appreciated if internal US disputes which do not have any reference to the Ukraine war can be left out from this thread", shouldn't you be telling yourself that?? 

On 5/24/2022 at 9:33 AM, singalion said:

On 5/23/2022 at 12:27 PM, 7heaven said:

You are so vocal condemning the US government in this issue of Russia invading Ukraine,  all the way back to 2014.

WHERE IS YOUR CONDEMNATION OF RUSSIA,  THE ONE AND ONLY PERPETRATOR OF THIS CRIMINAL INVASION AND ITS GENOCIDAL WAR CRIMES ????

Maybe you want to be known to preferentially take the side of criminals?  Why would you want to damage your reputation so badly ????

On 5/24/2022 at 9:05 PM, Steve5380 said:

You are so vocal condemning the US government in this issue of Russia invading Ukraine,  all the way back to 2014.

WHERE IS YOUR CONDEMNATION OF RUSSIA,  THE ONE AND ONLY PERPETRATOR OF THIS CRIMINAL INVASION AND ITS GENOCIDAL WAR CRIMES ????

Maybe you want to be known to preferentially take the side of criminals?  Why would you want to damage your reputation so badly ????

I was referring to Biden and Obama administrations, not any US government, and was responding to your post below which has nothing got to do with Russia-Ukraine. You had interjected this thread with your personal observation of a private citizen giving an interview in US. 

Do we need to include our condemnation for Russia or Biden administration for mishandling this issue in every post we make? That will be incredibly dumb. Lol. 

Edited by 7heaven
b

On 5/24/2022 at 9:22 AM, 7heaven said:

I was referring to Biden and Obama administrations, not any US government, and was responding to your post below which has nothing got to do with Russia-Ukraine. You had interjected this thread with your personal observation of a private citizen giving an interview in US. 

Do we need to include our condemnation for Russia or Biden administration for mishandling this issue in every post we make? That will be incredibly dumb. Lol. 

It might be incredibly dumb,  but this inclusion of condemnation of the Biden administration is what I did respond originally. 

On 5/21/2022 at 3:38 PM, singalion said:

Why not the US that consumes much more fossil energy ?

On 5/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, singalion said:

You are confusing elections with primaries.

In Georgia there are Republican primaries taking place for the Senate posts.

This has nothing to do with Federal elections.

Do not misinform the BW readers here.

Primaries are elections and Biden and his fellow Democrats were complaining about changes to Georgia election laws regardless of which party elections. They were complaining that Georgia election law changes will suppress voters, but this has been proven wrong because primaries now saw record voter turnouts.

Biden and his fellow Democrats were not just complaining about Federal elections. 

If you don’t understand the issues at hand, do not pretend like you do because you will just misinform readers here.  

Edited by 7heaven
b

On 5/24/2022 at 5:38 PM, singalion said:

Please post the US discussions in the USA thread.

It is interesting to see that you accuse other Members to post opinions from "media employees" when you yourself use an article which is highlighted by The Hill newspaper already to be just an opinion!

Hill media pointed sufficiently to the fact that the article is an Opinion:

Opinion

Please don't always try to substantiate something with evident opinion articles and from persons who can be judged as subjective from the start:

Jonathan Turley participated as a Republican witness in impeachment hearings and removal trials in Congress, both the first and second impeachments of President Donald Trump.

What opinion can you expect from someone who is such obviously a Trump supporter?

Please get your comprehension skills sorted out to allow you to distinguish between opinion and quotes from senior FBI staff. 

Baker a senior FBI staff already testified that Hillary’s twit about “Computer scientists have apparently uncovered a covert server linking the Trump Organization to a Russian-based bank.” has got nothing there

Steve5380 talked about misinformation in US here, and this is an example of misinformation that took years for the truth to surface. 

———————

As the FBI’s Baker and other witnesses told jurors this week, there was in fact “nothing there.”

Please get your comprehension skills sorted out to allow you to distinguish between opinion and quotes from senior FBI staff. 

Baker a senior FBI staff already testified that Hillary’s twit about “Computer scientists have apparently uncovered a covert server linking the Trump Organization to a Russian-based bank.” has got nothing there

Steve5380 talked about misinformation in US here, and this is an example of misinformation that took years for the truth to surface. 

———————

As the FBI’s Baker and other witnesses told jurors this week, there was in fact “nothing there.”

=>

1)

I posted before that the link in the quote from the Hill opinion article, which still is an opinion and not written by a journalist from Hill also "nothing there" quote from that opinion goes to a Fox News article.

Hill media pointed sufficiently to the fact that the article is an Opinion by an outsider (who is a Republican) and that opinions do not represent the views of The Hill media:

Opinion

2)

There is no substantiation what the "nothing there" is supposed to stand for.

As Fox News is one of the most untrustworthy US media outlets, I don't take their "journalism" (if it is any at all) for serious.

3)

By the way your complete post is another example of your truth distortion attempts because neither the Hill opinion by the Republican Jonathan Turley nor the Fox News article says anything the sort of that "Clinton portrayed something as an "established fact". This is one of your usual inventions and attempts to paint something as a fact that it isn't.

Here is the reference from Fox:

Quote:

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The FBI found that "there was nothing there" after investigating the information brought to the bureau in September 2016 by Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann alleging a covert communications channel between the Trump Organization and a Russian bank, former FBI General Counsel James Baker testified Thursday.

We are well aware from the US thread how you 7heaven prefer to take some snippets out of articles and create your personal version of a truth or parrot misleading news from Fox.

Terrible to read such headline. The war is now exceeding 3 months...

Russia-Ukraine war: what we know on day 91 of the invasion

Wed 25 May 2022