Male HQ

Ukraine invasion by Russia Discussion and it's impact on Singapore and Asia? (compiled)

singalion

6 hours ago, Guest The Gall said:

It is inappropriate to compare the un-intellectual public opinion of the past with that of today's highly educated and aware society. Are you at a loss for examples?

I second @sgmaven in reacting to "today's highly educated and aware society".  Which place on earth are you talking about?

While today any child knows about our solar system and is able to use a cellphone,  "education" goes much further than that.  And it is not only education about our physical world but also education of our own spirit.  A person with the highest instruction may not have developed any awareness of moral values, empathy, compassion, forgiveness etc. etc.

In America,  many in the court of public opinion have sided with Donald Trump for his goal of Making America Great Again. But they may not have or had experience in politics and awareness that a candidate can shamelessly lie and say rosy things on the campaign trail, yet be a miserable deceiver, liar, ignorant, incompetent, selfish, malevolent individual.

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

In America,  many in the court of public opinion have sided with Donald Trump for his goal of Making America Great Again. But they may not have or had experience in politics and awareness that a candidate can shamelessly lie and say rosy things on the campaign trail, yet be a miserable deceiver, liar, ignorant, incompetent, selfish, malevolent individual.

The same will be said of you by Trump's supporters. I have no issues with either side casting the blame at the other. I actually enjoyed it when the two attacked each other because I despised them both. I don't regret what I said. All I ask is that these crazy politicians spare the rest of the world while America tried to destroys itself in the name of democracy.  No offence. 

2 minutes ago, Why? said:

The same will be said of you by Trump's supporters. I have no issues with either side casting the blame at the other. I actually enjoyed it when the two attacked each other because I despised them both. I don't regret what I said. All I ask is that these crazy politicians spare the rest of the world while America tried to destroys itself in the name of democracy.  No offence. 

No offence at all.  You are expressing your opinion like you are entitled to,  and all one can do about it is challenge your judgment. 

How can Trump supporters say something about me?  I'm not a politician.  I am not a die-hard Democrat.  I am more of an independent,  able to judge both sides with some impartiality.  And today,  I am fully inclined against the Republicans.  Not because the Democrats are so perfect, but because I stay informed of all the barbarities espoused by the republican politicians.  

It is the same as why decent people are not on the side of Ukraine or the side of Russia based only on some points of view.  Russia is with all certainty the aggressor, the guilty party.  No "ifs" about it.   In the same way,  Trump and his crony GOP politicians who support him are the abominations.  No "ifs" about this.

These abominable GOP politicians and their leader are the ones who don't mind destroying America to benefit themselves. But we just saw that America is not being destroyed.  It has a strong backbone that rejects fascism and protects democracy.

23 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Russia is with all certainty the aggressor, the guilty party. 

Aggressor should not be limited to being physically violent, as demonstrated by Russia's actions. Russia has grown tired of emotional aggressors approaching its border, notably NATO (headed by America). Therefore, when someone is under emotional stress, they are more likely to defend themselves by using physical force against an adversary.  I would react the same if someone built an explosive weapon just outside my door. 

Regardless how the rest of the world felt about Russia's action, it is at least somewhat understandable why Putin behaved in a certain ways and no human love wars unless being provoked.  Venezuela and Cuba, for example, have undoubtedly experienced significant emotional stress over a long period of time from it super aggressors up north and the western world is abnormally silenced. 

Edited by Why?

6 minutes ago, Why? said:

Aggressor should not be limited to being physically violent, as demonstrated by Russia's actions. Russia has grown tired of emotional aggressors approaching its border, notably NATO (headed by America). Therefore, when someone is under emotional stress, they are more likely to defend themselves by using physical force against an adversary.  I would react the same if someone built an explosive weapon just outside my door. 

I am so confused...   Did Ukraine built an explosive weapon just outside Russian's border,  or was it Russia who amassed a huge invading force outside Ukraine's border?

Just now, Steve5380 said:

I am so confused...   Did Ukraine built an explosive weapon just outside Russian's border,  or was it Russia who amassed a huge invading force outside Ukraine's border?

You missed the wisdom of my point.

America has been very good at being PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE towards many countries, without being seen as the guilty party in the bigger scheme of things. 

1 minute ago, Why? said:

You missed the wisdom of my point.

America has been very good at being PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE towards many countries, without being seen as the guilty party in the bigger scheme of things. 

From the rule of signs in arithmetic and the balance of ions in a solution,  PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE  comes out to be NEUTRAL,  like a pH of 7. 

So you are right.  America likes neutrality.  :) 

Guest Thee People Court
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

How can Trump supporters say something about me? 

50 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

From the rule of signs in arithmetic and the balance of ions in a solution,  PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE  comes out to be NEUTRAL,  like a pH of 7. 

I don't blame Trump supporters. They have reason, and me too, to believe so when looking at your response.  In fact, you sounds like a mentally disturbed individual. 

3 hours ago, sgmaven said:

Winter is coming, and I hope the Ukrainians will survive and emerge even stronger after this winter!

It is not going to happen, unless Zelenskky came to his senses and I can understand why he refused any peace talk with Russia.  He is not fighing in the front line, he is not worried about winter because as a leader, is entitled to be kept toasty and well fed while the war plod on.   Speaking of staying warm and well-fed, it reminds me to go on hatus  as Christmas draws near.  Inflation is a bigger concern for me than some foolish squables. taking place everywhere.

Zelensky knows full well what is happening. Most of Ukrainian energy infrastructure has been bombed by Russian rocket attacks, so most cities have had blackouts and every Ukrainian knows what cold is like, as temperatures drop below freezing. It is Putin, who is out of touch, and keeping toasty in his palatial abode...

Edited by sgmaven

Слава Україні!

2 minutes ago, sgmaven said:

Zelensky knows full well what is happening. Most of Ukrainian energy infrastructure has been bombed by Russian rocket attacks, so most cities have had blackouts and every Ukrainian knows what cold is like, as temperatures drop below freezing. It is Putin, who is out of touch, and keeping toasty in his palatial abode...

Ukrainians should have a resilience against the cold that people in tropical lands have not.  This resilience had served in the past to hold off the hordes of Napoleon and Hitler.

44 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Ukrainians should have a resilience against the cold that people in tropical lands have not.  This resilience had served in the past to hold off the hordes of Napoleon and Hitler.

I do admire the Ukrainians for their resilience!

Слава Україні!

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Putin fears the brunt of the country oligarchs and leaders this year...

Instead he should have "cancelled" the war....

Putin cancels year-end address for first time in a decade

Cancellation comes with Russian troops on the back foot in Ukraine.

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin (R) ge

December 12, 2022

Russian President Vladimir Putin won’t hold his traditional year-end press conference for the first time in at least a decade as Russian troops continue to lose ground in Ukraine.

“As for the annual news conference, yes, there won’t be one before the New Year,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday, adding that the president was still expected to talk to reporters, also during foreign visits.

No date has yet been set for Putin’s New Year address to the nation, Peskov added.

The annual event has in the past run on for hours, offering Putin the opportunity to display his mastery of policy and his grip on power on live national TV. The event often had a festive atmosphere, with regional journalists holding up signs to catch Putin’s attention. Surprise questions were, however, a rarity.

Putin, who turned 70 in November, is also at the center of intense speculation over his health — and was seen swaying on camera in a public appearance earlier this week. Aides have repeatedly denied that he is unwell.

Russian troops continue to experience setbacks in Ukraine nearly 10 months invading the country. The U.K. Ministry of Defense said today that Ukraine has liberated around 54 percent of the territory captured by Russian forces since February 24.

4 hours ago, Guest Derelict said:

Support Russia!

Of course!  What more can you dream of?  

They were the creators of vodka,  the drink that makes your life less miserable and helps you to hang on to it.  And it is full of strong and rough Slavic men willing to use you as their sex slave.  ( a slave to Slavic,  how congenial  :)  ) 

It seems that Russia wants to get Belarus involved in the conflict.  This obscure country only has less than 10 million inhabitants, and is quite poor.  If so, much more powerful Ukraine should be able to bomb the hell out of them with the new weapons it is acquiring from NATO.  Hopefully one day it will also start bombing the hell out of the Russian territory if the conflict drags on.   Hopefully Ukraine will be able to amass sufficient protection against the Russian air attacks.  This miserable country can attack Ukraine only by air and by land, and its land forces have already suffered defeats. 

Guest ffffffff
On 12/21/2022 at 4:30 AM, Steve5380 said:

It seems that Russia wants to get Belarus involved in the conflict.  This obscure country only has less than 10 million inhabitants, and is quite poor.  If so, much more powerful Ukraine should be able to bomb the hell out of them with the new weapons it is acquiring from NATO.  Hopefully one day it will also start bombing the hell out of the Russian territory if the conflict drags on.   Hopefully Ukraine will be able to amass sufficient protection against the Russian air attacks.  This miserable country can attack Ukraine only by air and by land, and its land forces have already suffered defeats. 

Shuddap la, noisy old fart tart.

Guest Fact is not delusion
On 12/21/2022 at 4:30 AM, Steve5380 said:

It seems that Russia wants to get Belarus involved in the conflict.  This obscure country only has less than 10 million inhabitants, and is quite poor.  If so, much more powerful Ukraine

Ukraine is economically and financially destroyed by Russia.  The eastern region which is about 1/3 of Ukraine GDP, now belongs to Russia.  Once Belarus forcus its fire power on just Kyiv alone, Ukraine is utterly done.  I am glad that China, unlike America, didn't wan't to get itself involved.  Only Europe, a NATO nation, should stop America from feeding the war.  There is nothing China can do about it since China is not a NATO country.  In this regard, France and Germany should stop pestering China for help in the war. 

20 hours ago, Guest Fact is not delusion said:

Ukraine is economically and financially destroyed by Russia.  The eastern region which is about 1/3 of Ukraine GDP, now belongs to Russia.  Once Belarus forcus its fire power on just Kyiv alone, Ukraine is utterly done.  I am glad that China, unlike America, didn't wan't to get itself involved.  Only Europe, a NATO nation, should stop America from feeding the war.  There is nothing China can do about it since China is not a NATO country.  In this regard, France and Germany should stop pestering China for help in the war. 

What?  Europe,  not a "NATO nation" because Europa is NOT a nation,  should stop America from feeding the war?  NOT so!

The European Union is planning a support package for Ukraine of 18 billion Euros

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_22_6699

Guest Sharp Observer
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The European Union is planning a support package for Ukraine of 18 billion Euros

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_22_6699

18 billion euros per month are not enough to keep Ukraine afloat.  To eat, purchase weapons, pay salaries, maintain the country's operations, and give Zelenskky opulent security and at least minimally extravagant living conditions, they required at least 50 billions each month and that sum was required before their power infrastructure was cut and destroyed.   Now even 50 billions each month may sound too little for Zelenskky. 

• 1 month later...

Is China getting fed up with Russia and the war in Ukraine?

Looks like China realises that Russia is crippling the economic development and China if it drags on...

China's top diplomat reiterates calls for dialogue over Ukraine crisis

February 18, 2023

Feb 18 (Reuters) - China has "neither stood by idly nor thrown fuel on the fire" regarding the crisis in Ukraine, and continues to call for peace and dialogue, top diplomat Wang Yi said at the Munich Security Conference on Saturday.

"I suggest that everybody starts to think calmly, especially friends in Europe, about what kind of efforts we can make to stop this war," said Wang, the director of the Office of the Foreign Affairs Commission of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee.

Wang also said there were "some forces that seemingly don't want negotiations to succeed, or for the war to end soon,"

China will set out its position on settling the Ukraine crisis in a document that will state all countries' territorial integrity must be respected, Wang said.

China’s top diplomat, Wang Yi, said Saturday in Munich that Beijing was ready to present its peace proposition for Ukraine, a rare remark that referred to the Ukraine conflict as a war.

“This warfare cannot continue to rage on,” he said. “We need to think about what efforts we can make to bring this warfare to an end.”

Is there a shift in position?

Edited by singalion

Guest Patient running out
15 hours ago, singalion said:

I am fed up too!!!  Russia is taking so long to destroy the world most corrupted country.  Putin is too kind to drag his feet.on this wear. He should stepped down and let someone do a swift job.

1 hour ago, Guest Patient running out said:

I am fed up too!!!  Russia is taking so long to destroy the world most corrupted country.  Putin is too kind to drag his feet.on this wear. He should stepped down and let someone do a swift job.

Ukraine is several positions away from being the most corrupt country in the world, which is Russia. 

Corruption does not mean that the inhabitants should suffer,  it means that those in power abuse of their power to profiteer.  This exists more or less openly in practically all governments.    The solution is not to destroy the country, but for the habitants to get enough education to not put up with corrupted leaders.   

After what they are suffering today,  perhaps the Ukrainian people will get smart and throw out their corrupted politicians in their government.  Maybe push for a judicial system that will prosecute them all.

17 hours ago, singalion said:

Looks like China realises that Russia is crippling the economic development and China if it drags on...

Is there a shift in position?

Sometimes, good things happen in this world.  We will see!  :thumb: 

Thank goodness there are still sensible antiwar peace loving Americans who want the US  to stop funding the war in Ukraine and channel the funds back to America !! These protests will never be featured or covered  in the mainstream war mongering western  media propaganda 

outlets !!

14 minutes ago, Guest Peace said:

Thank goodness there are still sensible antiwar peace loving Americans who want the US  to stop funding the war in Ukraine and channel the funds back to America !! These protests will never be featured or covered  in the mainstream war mongering western  media propaganda 

outlets !!

Thank goodness your rare idea of "peace" is held by only a small minority.

With such an idea of "peace",  80 years ago the free world should have let Hitler invade and conquer the whole Europe instead of trying to contain him,  and should have allowed him to run his gas chambers at full capacity to eliminate the population he didn't like.   At the same time,  after the attack on Pearl Harbor, America should have let the Japanese have a total control of the Pacific ocean and invade the US from the west.  Maybe then I would now be speaking Japanese?

Thank goodness there are people willing to fight against evil and sacrifice themselves,  so that the rest of us can live in peace!

3 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Thank goodness there are people willing to fight against evil and sacrifice themselves,  so that the rest of us can live in peace!

Yup, while  Americans especially the low income and homeless folk suffer, from being starved to death to being deprived of health care and homes due to rising costs where the fundings in the Ukraine war could  have helped  these less fortunate Americans. 

It's  not surprising to hear such reply from the privileged Steve5380, who could care less of  unfortunate Americans suffering or dying on the streets.

Just now, Guest Peace said:

Yup, while  Americans especially the low income and homeless folk suffer, from being starved to death to being deprived of health care and homes due to rising costs where the fundings in the Ukraine war could  have helped  these less fortunate Americans. 

It's  not surprising to hear such reply from the privileged Steve5380, who could care less of  unfortunate Americans suffering or dying on the streets.

I seriously wish that you are not blind or visually incapacitated,  that you can see and realize that the suffering of the Ukrainian people today is far higher than the suffering of the poor in the US.   A majority of us Americans we are good people with empathy and compassion,  and we cannot ignore the plight of people being bombed to death by an invading evil country.  

You need to take your message of Peace to Russia.  You should try to convince Putin to renounce to his ambitions and embrace peace.  

29 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I seriously wish that you are not blind or visually incapacitated,  that you can see and realize that the suffering of the Ukrainian people today is far higher than the suffering of the poor in the US.   A majority of us Americans we are good people with empathy and compassion,  and we cannot ignore the plight of people being bombed to death by an invading evil country.  

Is it the US politicians  or American poor.. ?  Wonder who's the one who provoked Russia to start the war in the 1st place..

2 hours ago, Guest Peace said:

Is it the US politicians  or American poor.. ?  Wonder who's the one who provoked Russia to start the war in the 1st place..

OHHH.... POOR RUSSIA!!!!!!   It was PROVOKED to start a war with Ukraine. 

Yes, it was PROVOKED by Putin's desire to expand the dominion of Russia, which for him should return to the size of the Soviet Union.   Putin's ambition to become the big hero, the big conqueror and restorer of a former empire,  the modern day Alexander the Great!   

Guest Thank Goodness!!!
10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

80 years ago the free world should have let Hitler invade and conquer the whole Europe instead of trying to contain him,  and should have allowed him to run his gas chambers at full capacity to eliminate the population he didn't like.   At the same time,  after the attack on Pearl Harbor, America should have let the Japanese have a total control of the Pacific ocean and invade the US from the west.  Maybe then I would now be speaking Japanese?

Thank goodness, with the help of internet (not presence during WWI and WWII), there are people willing to come out and ask for peace instead of war escalation.  Thanks goodness, America will be bankrupt soon and I wonder how it is going to fund the war without first destroying American's life.   Finally, thank goodness we finally know you are so stoopid to think that America is a democratic country by blacking out good and true news that YOUR GOVERNMENT didn't want to see. 

2 hours ago, Guest Thank Goodness!!! said:

Thank goodness, with the help of internet (not presence during WWI and WWII), there are people willing to come out and ask for peace instead of war escalation.  Thanks goodness, America will be bankrupt soon and I wonder how it is going to fund the war without first destroying American's life.   Finally, thank goodness we finally know you are so stoopid to think that America is a democratic country by blacking out good and true news that YOUR GOVERNMENT didn't want to see. 

Guest Thank Goodness!!! or Guest Peace, or Guest Whatever...   Are you drunk or are you on drugs that you post such nonsense?   You think that "asking for peace"  is a virtue???   It is something very cheap.  Anyone can "ask for peace".  

And WHOM do you ask for peace?  The universe?  The solar system?  The fairy creatures of the sea?  Your premier minister?   It is worthless to ask any person for peace who is not in a condition to PROVIDE peace.  

You should follow my advice and ask Putin for peace.  He is the only one who can bring back peace,  because he is the one who broke the peace by invading Ukraine.  I hope you have a brain that understands this... 

Guest Agree wholeheartedly
7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

It is worthless to ask any person for peace who is not in a condition to PROVIDE peace.  

Zelensky the moronic actor, is triying his luck involved in the war between Alien (America) and a Predator (Putin).  Good luck to him.  Let's hope the two heavy nuclear countries (America and Russia) throw nuclear head at each other to end the humanity sufferings  No peace talk is necessary because it is useless.  As for Ukraine, it is no longer in existence as a result and probably Europe too. 

Once America and Russia is utterly destroyed by their own nuclear weapons, worry not, we have another super power to rely for our economy progression and life on earth goes on as per normal and even better. 

Guest Thank Goodness!!!
8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You should follow my advice and ask Putin for peace.  He is the only one who can bring back peace,  because he is the one who broke the peace.  I hope you have a brain that understands this... 

You didn't know America tried to destroy Russia before the War in Ukraine started?  Did you not know that Biden has long planted a bomb in Northstream pipelines more than 3 years before the war started?   Did you know know that America has overthrown Ukraine neutral president before installing pro-America Zelenskky into power?  Did you not know that America has violated its treaty with Mikhail Gorbachev to stop NATO expansion towards Russia borders? Did you not know that America has attacked and provoked more contries than WWI and WWII combined?

Have you been reading inaccurate history books or blinded by your leaders.  Your limited knowledge is freaking everyone here.   Thank Goodness, there are many smart people like me in this world than you think. 

1 hour ago, Guest Thank Goodness!!! said:

You didn't know America tried to destroy Russia before the War in Ukraine started?  Did you not know that Biden has long planted a bomb in Northstream pipelines more than 3 years before the war started?   Did you know know that America has overthrown Ukraine neutral president before installing pro-America Zelenskky into power?  Did you not know that America has violated its treaty with Mikhail Gorbachev to stop NATO expansion towards Russia borders? Did you not know that America has attacked and provoked more contries than WWI and WWII combined?

Have you been reading inaccurate history books or blinded by your leaders.  Your limited knowledge is freaking everyone here.   Thank Goodness, there are many smart people like me in this world than you think. 

Pure nonsense!   No goodness at all!

Thank you, President Biden,  you are a real leader.  An American leader with plenty of guts!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-warsaw-ukraine-speech_n_63f4f102e4b0c87f32f38f5b

Joe Biden In Poland Says U.S. And Allies 'Have Ukraine's Back'

“Democracies of the world will stand guard over freedom today, tomorrow and forever," Biden said in an address at the Royal Castle.

And here is his speech:

downloaded videos.txt

Edited by Steve5380

11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Pure nonsense!   No goodness at all!

Exactly, no goodness at all for what America did in Eastern Europe.  You need to come out of your America comfort..

denial1

47 minutes ago, Guest Get said:

Exactly, no goodness at all for what America did in Eastern Europe.  You need to come out of your America comfort..

denial1

Why you send me a post with a picture of you with your head in the sand?  You had this taken in Sentosa?

5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Joe Biden In Poland Says U.S. And Allies 'Have Ukraine's Back'

downloaded videos.txtUnavailable

Its Allies, in my opinion, are not in favor of the potential nuclear war's escalation.  Not France nor Germany, for sure.
As he pleaded with the nuclear-armed countries to calm down, the head of NATO was seen stuttering and quivering on stage.  Because all nations around Russia (including the EU and China) would be impacted if America supported Ukraine in utilizing nuclear weapons, nuclear war would not hurt America outside of the conflict zone. According to a credible source, America, the ailing superpower, has chosen that strategy in order to make everyone suffer alongside it.

The Chinese called America "XIAO REN" is not too far fetched.

24 minutes ago, Guest huh? said:

Its Allies, in my opinion, are not in favor of the potential nuclear war's escalation.  Not France nor Germany, for sure.
As he pleaded with the nuclear-armed countries to calm down, the head of NATO was seen stuttering and quivering on stage.  Because all nations around Russia (including the EU and China) would be impacted if America supported Ukraine in utilizing nuclear weapons, nuclear war would not hurt America outside of the conflict zone. According to a credible source, America, the ailing superpower, has chosen that strategy in order to make everyone suffer alongside it.

The Chinese called America "XIAO REN" is not too far fetched.

Nobody except Russia seems to be in favor of potential nuclear war's escalation.

You may have also had your head in the sand since you didn't notice that it was PUTIN in his "state of the union" and not Biden who declared the end the non-nuclear-arms-proliferation treaty between Russia and the US.  And without any treaty left,  what will hold back the race to ever more powerful nuclear weapons?  America is on the verge of start producing its hypersonic non-stoppable missiles, overcoming the advantage Russia had.   Once these missiles with strategical nuclear warheads are deployed in the many US submarines,  the Russians won't be able to prevent all their major cities to be destroyed. Why would they want this???

If Russia starts dropping tactical nuclear weapons on Ukraine,  then this country needs to counter with their own tactical nuclear weapons,  which they will acquire from the US or other NATO nations.  The knowledge of this should be a deterrent for the Russians and force them to stay away from nuclear weapons.  It would be a pity if the Kremlin gets reduced to a pile of rubble.

14 minutes ago, bi with gf said:

I think you will find that the majority of people believe Biden is sleepwalking the world into a confrontation with Russia and China....thus we are witnessing the final stages of American influence 

Biden has not invaded neither Russia nor China.  The fact that he has brought together the NATO nations like no other one before, indicates that he is not sleepwalking.  Although,  his walking has become somewhat more insecure.  In his case, the years seem to have some weight  (  no wonder, with the load of work and responsibility in his position ),  and we will have to see if he can resist another term...