Male HQ

Ukraine invasion by Russia Discussion and it's impact on Singapore and Asia? (compiled)

singalion

Guest Mind your own Business
On 4/12/2023 at 11:28 AM, Steve5380 said:

Your opinion reveals that you approve the hiding of evil acts... so they can be done indefinitely and without punishment.

There is enough of evil in your own country, America.  Settle yours first before meddling in other people affairs. 

6 hours ago, Guest Mind your own Business said:

There is enough of evil in your own country, America.  Settle yours first before meddling in other people affairs. 

My country America has most of its evil EXPOSED. 

Other countries with much more evil keep it HIDDEN.  Like China.  

Are you meddling in my own business?

38 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Other countries with much more evil keep it HIDDEN.  Like China.  

I assumed you visited China and saw their people physically tortured and many lived in hunger by corrupted regime?   I have visited China, it is a very developed country with many skyscrappers and cities dotted around the country with people wearing trendy attire and it seems they were quite happy.  Did you accidentally visited other India and thought it was China?   My friend told me more than 80% Americans do not visit China, and 90% didn't know where Taiwan is.   I am curious about your opnion that China is evil. 

Edited by Sweetie Pie

2 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

I assumed you visited China and saw their people physically tortured and many lived in hunger by corrupted regime?   I have visited China, it is a very developed country with many skyscrappers and cities dotted around the country with people wearing trendy attire and it seems they were quite happy.  Did you accidentally visited other India and thought it was China?   My friend told me more than 80% Americans do not visit China, and 90% didn't know where Taiwan is.   I am curious about your opnion that China is evil. 

i have visited both rural and urban china. trust me, there is a huge difference. we do not judge the development of a nation by the buildings they built and the fashion they wear. there are the software and the hardware.

you can use a computer to surf the net, i could use it to develop a software. both uses a computer but does different things. there are countries which built tall buildings and there are countries which builds microchips.

2 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Has anyone here visited America and saw their people physically tortured and many lived in hunger by corrupted regime? Yet there is here so much criticism of America because of its evil!

There are many countries with sky scrappers and cities with people wearing trendy attire looking happy.  In recent decades China has gone after POWER.   Economic power and military power.  It has a TOTALITARIAN regime that has evil ambitions. It wants to DOMINATE other countries,  like Taiwan and other neighbors.  It befriends a terrorist country like Russia.  China and Russia are the single reason why countries of this world are again in an arms race, 

I am among the 80% of Americans who will not visit China.  It was in my plans to go to Beijing and Shanghai,  but I have changed my mind.  China has stolen American technology like crazy,  and it surely does the same with other countries.  It wants to be the next superpower.   What for?   Aren't Asians so critical of the current superpower, America?  What is keeping China today from being a pacifist country?  It is already strong enough that it won't be invaded by anyone. Why does it want to be THE STRONGEST?  Is it maybe the EVIL AMBITION of the leaders of the PRC? 

Edited by Steve5380

1 hour ago, Mojohomme said:

i have visited both rural and urban china. trust me, there is a huge difference. we do not judge the development of a nation by the buildings they built and the fashion they wear. there are the software and the hardware.

you can use a computer to surf the net, i could use it to develop a software. both uses a computer but does different things. there are countries which built tall buildings and there are countries which builds microchips.

Very well commented. 

There is also a saying: 

All that glitters is not gold. 

While I m not sure plenty of things glitter in China. 

Just ask yourself why so many Mainland Chinese people prefer to leave their country and how is the scale of true Freedom in China. 

Further: Is the Chinese political system a model for the world?

9 hours ago, Mojohomme said:

It is much easier for a country to build tall buildings than to build microchips.  The Pyramids were very tall for their times.  China is not a country that excels in building microchips ( that were invented in America ),  and this may be a reason they want to invade Taiwan.

10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

In recent decades China has gone after POWER.   Economic power and military power.  It has a TOTALITARIAN regime that has evil ambitions.   China has stolen American technology like crazy,  It wants to be the next superpower.

China's POWER developed organically, just like how people mature wisely.  Should you hold such a person accountable for their superior intelligence?   What's wrong with learning something new.  I went to school to study technology, but that doesn't imply I didn't pay for it; knowledge is shared from one person to another.  would a school reject you because they are worried that you would one day succeed them?   Besides, China's success brought many 3rd world countries out of poverty. Was it not good?   I suspect your supremacist attitude has colored your thinking and probably most Americans do not know where Singapore is, or thinking we are in China or somewhere along North Korea peninsula.

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

It is much easier for a country to build tall buildings than to build microchips.  The Pyramids were very tall for their times.  China is not a country that excels in building microchips ( that were invented in America ),  and this may be a reason they want to invade Taiwan.

today, many of the tallest buildings are built in middle eastern, china and our neighbour. but i have never seen them as technological advance. i hate to say, but america is built on the basis of technology from UK and Germany.

Could be a result that Russia has pulled more soldiers to conquer Bakhmut city...

The other reason could be that more Russian soldiers are deserting...

Ukrainian forces 'cross crucial river' as they prepare to strike deep into Russian-occupied territory

James Kilner
Sun, 23 April 2023

Ukrainian soldiers have crossed the Dnipro River for the first time since the early days of the invasion and built positions that could be used to launch attacks deeper into Russian-occupied territory, analysts have said.

The crossing of the Dnipro River, which has marked the front line since Russian forces retreated from Kherson city in November, comes days after reports of a partial Russian retreat in the area.

It comes as Ukraine is widely expected to launch a counteroffensive, which analysts have said may be aimed at pushing 100 miles south of the Dnipro River at least as far as Crimea.

The US-based Institute for the Study of War said that video and photos have generated the first “reliable geolocated imagery of Ukrainian positions” south of the river.

“The extent and intent of these Ukrainian positions remain unclear, as does Ukraine’s ability and willingness to maintain sustained positions in this area,” it said.

Several Russian military bloggers used geolocation techniques to pinpoint Ukrainian military positions around the village of Oleshky, south of the Dnipro River.

Russian military blogger “Thirteenth”, who has more than 100,000 followers, posted a video that he said showed Ukrainian special forces using fast small boats to land on the river bank, where “they have been hanging out for a couple of weeks”.

Another, Rybar, which has links to the Russian security services and has more than 1 million subscribers, posted a lengthy blog on the “foothold” the Ukrainian forces have secured.

Vladimir Saldo, the Russia-installed head of occupied Kherson region, denied that Ukrainian soldiers had set up positions on the southern bank of the Dnipro River.

"Our military is in full control," he said. "Although there may be isolated cases of enemy soldiers managing to take a selfie on the bank before being hit by artillery and destroyed."

The battle for Kherson region is considered critical for control of Crimea, which the Kremlin annexed in 2014. It would be a major blow to Russian forces if it is confirmed that Ukrainian soldiers have already broken across the river. They had bragged about how their tactical withdrawal from Kherson city last year allowed them to use the Dnipro River as part of their defence.

Russian forces have been digging trenches for the past six months, and satellite images have shown a web stretching across the Kherson region, but more recent reports have said that Russian soldiers have been abandoning their positions.

On Tuesday, a Ukrainian military spokesman said that it had seen Russian soldiers packing up their kit and sending it home, as they did in November before they retreated from Kherson city.

Russian occupation authorities have been seen collecting, packing up and shipping various belongings to their homeland, according to Nataliya Gumenyuk, a spokeswoman for Ukrainian forces in the south.

But Ukrainian authorities are not expecting an immediate withdrawal, she said, adding that Russian troops have been shoring up their defences and laying mines on the shoreline to ward off Ukrainian attacks.

The comments came as Vladimir Putin visited bases in the Kherson region, his first since the war, in an apparent show of strength.

Not good if you only know parts of your own history....

Chinese diplomat suggests Baltic states never gained independence from Russia

Sun, 23 April 2023

Baltic states have demanded China explain itself after one of Beijing’s top European diplomats suggested that former Eastern Bloc countries had not gained sovereign status after leaving the former Soviet Union.

Lu Shaye, China’s ambassador to France, told a French TV station that ex-Soviet republics had no “effective status” in international law, seemingly brushing aside the Baltic states’ internationally recognised sovereignty after the Soviet Union’s dissolution.

Mr Lu made the comments in an interview broadcast Friday by TF1, in which he was asked whether he considered the peninsula of Crimea, which was annexed by Russia in 2014, as belonging to Ukraine under international law.

“Even these ex-Soviet Union countries do not have effective status under international law because there’s no international accord to materialise their status as a sovereign country,” Mr Lu said.

Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, as well as France demanded answers from Beijing over Mr Lu’s comments.

The three Baltic states will each summon the top Chinese diplomat in their respective capital, said Edgars Rinkevics, the Latvian foreign minister.

Diplomat summoned to explain

“Taking into account the unacceptable statements of the Chinese ambassador in France about international law and national sovereignty, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia has summoned the authorised chargé d’affaires of the Chinese Embassy in Riga to provide explanations on Monday. This step is coordinated with Lithuania and Estonia,” Mr Rinkevics wrote on Twitter.

France’s foreign ministry added it took note “with consternation” of Mr Lu’s remarks and said it was Beijing’s responsibility “to say if these comments reflect its position, which we hope not to be the case”.

“We stress our full solidarity with all of our allies and partners concerned, who have gained their long-awaited independence after decades of oppression,” a ministry spokesman said.

The row comes amid increased tension and division in Europe over China’s purported role in negotiating a resolution to the Ukraine war.

11 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

China's POWER developed organically, just like how people mature wisely.  Should you hold such a person accountable for their superior intelligence?   What's wrong with learning something new.  I went to school to study technology, but that doesn't imply I didn't pay for it; knowledge is shared from one person to another.  would a school reject you because they are worried that you would one day succeed them?   Besides, China's success brought many 3rd world countries out of poverty. Was it not good?   I suspect your supremacist attitude has colored your thinking and probably most Americans do not know where Singapore is, or thinking we are in China or somewhere along North Korea peninsula.

You could also say that Russia's POWER developed organically, matured wisely.  Same nonsense.  It is like saying that communism "matured wisely.   And  about Germany's Nazism, also developing organically, maturing wisely!  😄

China has little respect for foreign intellectual property,  and their "learning" is different from your learning in school.  And China has helped third world countries economically... to hold them "by their balls".  But this is becoming a problem for China to be repaid by the poor countries.  And it is difficult to imagine China "feeling compassion" for the poor countries, ha ha.

i am a chinese and when people says the west bullied china. i usually asked them the western world done so much advancement in technology in the past 100 years than all 5000 years of human history combine. china is as huge as europe, and being a single empire, it would have exceeded the western technology many folds if they in any point of the 5000 years civilization change their attitude and seriously committed in science and technology.

45 minutes ago, D.0284 said:

i am a chinese and when people says the west bullied china. i usually asked them the western world done so much advancement in technology in the past 100 years than all 5000 years of human history combine. china is as huge as europe, and being a single empire, it would have exceeded the western technology many folds if they in any point of the 5000 years civilization change their attitude and seriously committed in science and technology.

and that with China having double the population of Europe...

4 hours ago, D.0284 said:

You make an interesting point in why in the past 5000 years of civilization,  our species had to wait for the last few centuries to start giving more interest to abstract, theoretical and experimental science so that together they created what our modern society enjoys today.   It may be coincidental that this revolution started in the West.  There is no doubt that all races have the capacity to make this advancement,  and East is proving all the time that it can compete with West in everything,  good and bad.    Hopefully the revolution will help good prevail over bad, since there is so much we owe to technology and science today.   Humanity would be decimated if it would suddenly disappear. 

Edited by Steve5380

6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You make an interesting point in why in the past 5000 years of civilization,  our species had to wait for the last few centuries to start giving more interest to abstract, theoretical and experimental science so that together they created what our modern society enjoys today.   It may be coincidental that this revolution started in the West.  There is no doubt that all races have the capacity to make this advancement,  and East is proving all the time that it can compete with West in everything,  good and bad.    Hopefully the revolution will help good prevail over bad, since there is so much we owe to technology and science today.   Humanity would be decimated if it would suddenly disappear. 

i believe that the breaking away from ultimate importance of religions and focus on science during the renaissance played an important role. UK which leads the industrial revolution also broke off with catholic church and focuses on science. US focus on freedom and was never rule by any religion power.

religion leaders has always use religion as a political tools and it hinder human progress. asian countries are more religious focus than scientifically driven. even when communism is being made into a religion.

there is a need to maintain the balance between both, obsession with religions leads to downfall and decline of regime and then a new regime make use of the obsession on religions to start another cycle.

Edited by D.0284

13 hours ago, D.0284 said:

i believe that the breaking away from ultimate importance of religions and focus on science during the renaissance played an important role. UK which leads the industrial revolution also broke off with catholic church and focuses on science. US focus on freedom and was never rule by any religion power.

religion leaders has always use religion as a political tools and it hinder human progress. asian countries are more religious focus than scientifically driven. even when communism is being made into a religion.

there is a need to maintain the balance between both, obsession with religions leads to downfall and decline of regime and then a new regime make use of the obsession on religions to start another cycle.

You are right that the renaissance played an important role.  While a society is in possession of the true religion and knows everything about it,  the God and its doctrine...   what more is there to know?  Ha ha ha!

It could even have been that to snoop ( scientific research) into the Creator's world was an offense to the Creator who, if He thought that something humanity should know,  he would have revealed it in the Scriptures. 

It is so nice to be now free of these religious fairy tales and be able to jump into science head first.  To have discovered that the earth is not flat but a sphere,  to be discovering more and more millions of constellations, to have increasingly smart artificial intelligence able to create with some clicks of the mouse new religions that sound plausible. 

It is also nice to recognize our ignorance, our absolute impossibility to know the mysteries of life and afterlife,  and to make speculations about this... as an intellectual sport.  :)  

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You are right that the renaissance played an important role.  While a society is in possession of the true religion and knows everything about it,  the God and its doctrine...   what more is there to know?  Ha ha ha!

It could even have been that to snoop ( scientific research) into the Creator's world was an offense to the Creator who, if He thought that something humanity should know,  he would have revealed it in the Scriptures. 

It is so nice to be now free of these religious fairy tales and be able to jump into science head first.  To have discovered that the earth is not flat but a sphere,  to be discovering more and more millions of constellations, to have increasingly smart artificial intelligence able to create with some clicks of the mouse new religions that sound plausible. 

It is also nice to recognize our ignorance, our absolute impossibility to know the mysteries of life and afterlife,  and to make speculations about this... as an intellectual sport.  :)  

yes, the science and technology could have been regarded as witchcraft in the past. in most asian and even russia, people does not see the value in science and technology. for example, if newton goes around saying he discover gravity in asia asian people simply dun care.

the mongol invasion dominate the huge part of the world. threatening the very existence of the western civilization. it face dissolution after it become corrupted over time,and with every declining power. the mongol found a religion to grab on to their control over their empire. much like roman uses christianity and china uses buddhism.

after the romans fled to russia. Vatican City become the centre of religion. after some time, states started to leave the rule by vatican on their religion. wealth collected from many western countries are used for research and science. where renaissance begins.

the UK which colonise india from the mongol rule gain huge profit and also does their own industrial revolution. however, just like the romans and vatican, their weakness was exposed in wwii. which forces them to end their age of colonisation. at this stage the western world continue to focus on development of science while the east starts using the money made from their economy to build tall buildings and religions or political agenda.
japan being one of the exception.

now, the very religion the eastern culture adores and have pride on, is the same thing that forever entrap them as slaves. the slaves masters kept using religion as a tool to enslave the very slave who keeps feeding the slave masters.

china knows this, and thought they are rich enough to break free using the funds they have. but they were wrong. the timing is not right. or perhaps trump is the best thing to happen to US. to stop china in time to overtake western nations in technology.

the communist world knows they step on the termite nest. therefore they wants to grab control over resources. hence the current messy situation.

to me, history and cultural development is a ripple which affects far and wide. therefore sometimes i see folks here arguing about a lot of things without looking back the books seems irritating.

i dun have to look far, one can goes JB and look at the street lamp. i praise the JB government for having elaborated street lamp, but sometimes i also wondered if it is a waste of money. if i am not wrong the previous thai king uses his money to set up a rice cultivation centre to create one of the world most premium rice crop. perhaps thats the reason for him to earn more respect than many monarchy.

but on contrary, indonesia has the world's most fertile soil yet need to import rice which they used to export. i do not wants to offend anyone. just stating the facts.

Edited by D.0284

For the love of liberty and Human rights, I hope the Ukrainians can keep their spirit in fighting Russia.

The only thing that troubles me is the "waste" of monies to counter Russian's invasion to Ukraine. Waste might not be the proper word, but these monies could have been utilised on more meaningful things... than on military spending...

Now Putin is trying to keep hold on some totally irrelevant parts in the East of Ukraine...

Edited by singalion

Russia-Ukraine war at a glance: what we know on day 427 of the invasion

Strike on Kharkiv museum kills one, injures 10; number of Russian casualties drops in April after failure of winter offensive

Wed 26 Apr 2023

The number of daily casualties Russia is suffering has fallen by about 30% in April, UK intelligence has said. In its daily intelligence briefing, the Ministry of Defence reported that the drop was probably due to the end of Russia’s winter offensive, which, it added, had largely failed. The MoD also said Russia was now likely to be preparing its troops for Ukraine’s counteroffensive.

Lithuania’s parliament voted on Tuesday in favour of allowing border guards to turn back migrants who illegally enter the country. Lithuania borders fellow EU states Latvia and Poland, as well as Belarus and the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad.

• A former commander in Russia’s Wagner mercenary group seeking asylum in Norway has pleaded guilty to being involved in a fight outside an Oslo bar and carrying an air gun in public and said he felt “very ashamed”. Andrei Medvedev, 26, crossed the Russian-Norwegian border in January and has spoken out about his time fighting with Russian invasion forces in Ukraine.

• A court in Russia has convicted a former police officer of publicly spreading false information about the country’s military after he criticised the war in Ukraine to his friends over the phone. The ex-officer, Semiel Vedel, was sentenced on Monday to seven years in prison and barred from working in law enforcement for four years after his release.

Looks like more Russians are trying escape from their country...

Russia has moved to defensive positions in most areas - Ukrainian intelligence

Russia has switched to defensive positions in all its areas of combat apart from Bakhmut, according to the Ukrainian head of intelligence Kyrylo Budanov.

In an interview with RBC Ukraine, he said: “They have completely switched to positional defense everywhere. The only places on the frontline where they are making attempts are in the city of Bakhmut, an attempt to cover the city of Avdiivka from the north, and localized fighting in the city of Marinka. Both in Avdiivka and Marinka the tactics are identical to those in Bakhmut – just an attempt to wipe the settlement off the face of the earth.

“And against the backdrop of the lack of success elsewhere, they face the problem that even their ‘deceived’ society needs to see something, some kind of victory. This is the only place where they succeed at least. In addition, there is the fact that Prigozhin once said that he would take Bakhmut. He would be happy to sing about it, but he can’t. That is, everything just came together here.”

Budanov said that there was little chance of Vuhledar in the Donbas region, which has been the site of a long-term tank battle, being captured. He added that he didn’t think Russians were planning to intensify or launch offensive operations on the frontline.

China’s foreign ministry spokesperson, Mao Ning, said China respected the sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of all countries and upheld the purposes and principles of the UN charter. The statement comes after the Chinese ambassador to France, Lu Shaye, made comments on Friday which cast doubt on the sovereignty of former Soviet states including Ukraine. France’s foreign ministry says it will discuss the issue with the ambassador on Monday.

3 hours ago, Guest Angry said:

For the love of Ukrainians and the peace of Asia,  I hope Joe Biden doesn't live another day. 

Not just peace of Asia, but peace around the world. 

I don’t wish bad things to happen to anyone, not even murderers because the law will take its course to deal with murderers. 

For Biden, even if your hope comes true (which I hope he doesn’t expire because of your hope), it won’t make any difference because his Vice-President will take over. The VP will likely take the same approach as Biden except we will hear more cackling. 

9 hours ago, Guest Angry said:

For the love of Ukrainians and the peace of Asia,  I hope Joe Biden doesn't live another day. 

Guest Angry,

If you think that your post could make me Angry,  let me tell you that it does not at all!   Instead of anger I feel PITY for you being so dumb to fall so deep for all the anti-American,  anti-Biden crap that circulate around due to natural malevolence  (envy, thrill of deceiving, political fanaticism, etc.)

5 hours ago, 7heaven said:

For Biden, even if your hope comes true (which I hope he doesn’t expire because of your hope), it won’t make any difference because his Vice-President will take over. The VP will likely take the same approach as Biden except we will hear more cackling. 

Any Democrat who would replace Biden would continue with his same policies.  Because they are the right things to do.

Come new elections, in 2024,  Americans will have again the choice of parties.  HOPEFULLY a majority of the population will realize how radical and destructive the GOP has become,  so their candidate will have little chance to prevail over the Democrat candidate,  even if this one is 100 years old! :lol:

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Any Democrat who would replace Biden would continue with his same policies.  Because they are the right things to do.

Come new elections, in 2024,  Americans will have again the choice of parties.  HOPEFULLY a majority of the population will realize how radical and destructive the GOP has become,  so their candidate will have little chance to prevail over the Democrat candidate,  even if this one is 100 years old! :lol:

Honestly, do you think any Republican US president would run any different policy on Ukraine compared to Biden? 

The GOP politicans opposing the support of Ukraine and who confuse the aggressor with the defender are those 15 - 20 % of Trumpets! The rest of Republicans know very well who is the bad guy in this conflict, no other than Putin!

Substantiation:

Republicans in Washington are still broadly supportive of the U.S. effort, which has channeled tens of billions of dollars in money and materiel to Ukraine since the launch of Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022

"This is not America's war. But if Putin is not stopped and the sovereign nation of Ukraine is not restored quickly, he will continue to move toward our NATO allies, and America would then be called upon to send our own," Pence said.

Republican says U.S. support for aid to Ukraine is 'overwhelming'

April 4, 2023,

The head of the U.S. House Intelligence Committee said Monday that there is “overwhelming” support in the United States to continue supplying aid to Ukraine in its fight against Russia.

“There are those on the left and on the right who question continued support or the amount of support. That will certainly be part of the debate,” Turner said. “But overwhelmingly, there is support for continuing aid to Ukraine, so that they can continue to fight against this aggression of Russia.”

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Any Democrats policies would have been disastrous like what it is now under Biden. 

In any elections, Americans will know who to vote. Hopefully they won’t vote for Biden‘s fellow Democrats who are pushing for more radical and woke policies that will incur greater national debt, divide the country further, increase crime rates and make more enemies around the world. 

52 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

Any Democrats policies would have been disastrous like what it is now under Biden. 

In any elections, Americans will know who to vote. Hopefully they won’t vote for Biden‘s fellow Democrats who are pushing for more radical and woke policies that will incur greater national debt, divide the country further, increase crime rates and make more enemies around the world. 

Your "disastrous" is in line with the heavy LIES the Republicans launch in their campaigns. 

Since 2021 the Democrats have been steadily turning America around for the better.  It is like turning around a giant oil tanker.  Must be done slowly and steady.   Biden's "let's finish the job" is optimist.  It may take more than another Democrat term,  it is more like "let's continue the job".   As long as no GOP administration from Hell sneaks in and ruins everything again!!

You have no idea how Americans "know" how to vote.  You are nothing more than a provocateur who writes dumb things here, because you don't know any better,  ha ha.

3 hours ago, singalion said:

Honestly, do you think any Republican US president would run any different policy on Ukraine compared to Biden? 

The GOP politicans opposing the support of Ukraine and who confuse the aggressor with the defender are those 15 - 20 % of Trumpets! The rest of Republicans know very well who is the bad guy in this conflict, no other than Putin!

You are right, only the most radical idiots in the repugnant collection of GOP politicians wrongly use this anti-Ukraine crap.

But even if there may not be any difference in the policy on Ukraine,  more important issues would be terribly compromised with another GOP government.  Hasn't the Trump presidency done enough evil?

6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You are right, only the most radical idiots in the repugnant collection of GOP politicians wrongly use this anti-Ukraine crap.

I feel bad for the people of America who must pick between a piece of excrement (Trump) and a mound of feces (Joe Biden) to lead them in the future. There isn't a winner for all Americans, and it doesn't matter if you hate Trump or love Biden. The outcome will be the same given that Karma is now working through America for all the awful things the nation has done to so many other countries. As such I don't think that is at all a bad thing and with that I am happy to go about my well-deserved holiday from here.

1 hour ago, Why? said:

I feel bad for the people of America who must pick between a piece of excrement (Trump) and a mound of feces (Joe Biden) to lead them in the future. There isn't a winner for all Americans, and it doesn't matter if you hate Trump or love Biden. The outcome will be the same given that Karma is now working through America for all the awful things the nation has done to so many other countries. As such I don't think that is at all a bad thing and with that I am happy to go about my well-deserved holiday from here.

Thank you for the chuckle.  What you wrote is equivalent to saying " it does not matter if you choose God or the Devil.  There are no absolutes.  We are all screwed because we are human beings".

Fellow,  there is some moral commonality between humans.  With experience and good will, we can differentiate between good and bad.   In this case,  Trump is bad,  and Biden is good within the limitations of politics.  

America has done good and has done bad.  In the balance,  it seems clear that its karma is positive.  But this changes over time, given that we humans are all the same.   Germany, for example, developed a horrible karma a century ago,  but it has improved.  Same with Japan.  And now... SOMALIA?   What can you say about the karma of Somalia?  But there is a bloody revolution going on there.    So...   much blah blah blah,  but things are not clear at all!

Enjoy your holiday away from here,  and I look forward to chat with you next year.  :) 

12 hours ago, Why? said:

This is the Ukraine war thread. Please keep discussions on the US in the US thread!

Only post here something related to the Ukraine war. 

Please refer to the title:

Edited by singalion

19 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Your "disastrous" is in line with the heavy LIES the Republicans launch in their campaigns. 

Since 2021 the Democrats have been steadily turning America around for the better.  It is like turning around a giant oil tanker.  Must be done slowly and steady.   Biden's "let's finish the job" is optimist.  It may take more than another Democrat term,  it is more like "let's continue the job".   As long as no GOP administration from Hell sneaks in and ruins everything again!!

You have no idea how Americans "know" how to vote.  You are nothing more than a provocateur who writes dumb things here, because you don't know any better,  ha ha.

The reference to “disastrous” when it comes to describing Biden and his fellow Democrats policies are understatements of the reality in US, Ukraine and wherever US have a hand in. 

Since Obama term, the Democrats have been steadily turning America from bad to worse and unconscionable. Biden’s let’s finish the job is chilling on many levels. Is it to finish turning America completely woke? Or it is to finish America’s standing in the global stage? During Obama’s term, Russia annexed Crimea, and under Biden’ term, Russia invaded Ukraine. 

Biden has so far spent more than a hundred billion dollars of US taxpayers monies on Ukraine and the war is nowhere near ending. Nobody has any idea how Biden and his fellow Democrats have the gall to ask for more spending on student loans forgiveness and funding endless wars overseas and reparations when the national debts have skyrocketed since Biden took office. It is not dumb to guess responsible spending is not a concept familiar to Biden and Democrats. Ha ha

13 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

The reference to “disastrous” when it comes to describing Biden and his fellow Democrats policies are understatements of the reality in US, Ukraine and wherever US have a hand in. 

Since Obama term, the Democrats have been steadily turning America from bad to worse and unconscionable. Biden’s let’s finish the job is chilling on many levels. Is it to finish turning America completely woke? Or it is to finish America’s standing in the global stage? During Obama’s term, Russia annexed Crimea, and under Biden’ term, Russia invaded Ukraine. 

Biden has so far spent more than a hundred billion dollars of US taxpayers monies on Ukraine and the war is nowhere near ending. Nobody has any idea how Biden and his fellow Democrats have the gall to ask for more spending on student loans forgiveness and funding endless wars overseas and reparations when the national debts have skyrocketed since Biden took office. It is not dumb to guess responsible spending is not a concept familiar to Biden and Democrats. Ha ha

i dun understand this kind of philosophy. chinese protecting their benefits via bullying smaller countries is all justified and us protecting their copyrights and patents are always seen as bully.

I don't understand these weird bizarre posts on the current US president, if the majority of Republicans support the same policy, namely in sending military support to Ukraine and financing war equipment?

Republicans in Washington are still broadly supportive of the U.S. effort, which has channeled tens of billions of dollars in money and materiel to Ukraine since the launch of Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022

"This is not America's war. But if Putin is not stopped and the sovereign nation of Ukraine is not restored quickly, he will continue to move toward our NATO allies, and America would then be called upon to send our own," Pence said.

Republican says U.S. support for aid to Ukraine is 'overwhelming'

April 4, 2023,

The head of the U.S. House Intelligence Committee said Monday that there is “overwhelming” support in the United States to continue supplying aid to Ukraine in its fight against Russia.

“There are those on the left and on the right who question continued support or the amount of support. That will certainly be part of the debate,” Turner said. “But overwhelmingly, there is support for continuing aid to Ukraine, so that they can continue to fight against this aggression of Russia.”

1 hour ago, 7heaven said:

Ha ha ha,  the Republican GOP that you so much worship has revealed itself what it is... with their anti-woke posture !!!

If you have some intelligence, you realize that woke means "following the dictates of morality", another way of seeing "alert to racial and social prejudice and discrimination".  

The philosophy of Jesus Christ is full of WOKE.   He condemned prejudice and discrimination.  And, oh surprise, these hypocrite Republicans claim religious sanctimoniousness while rejecting the teachings of Jesus Christ!

Who is anti-woke?  Ron DeSantis,  Tucker Carlson,  lowlife scumbags who live from lies and deceptions.  STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

Ha ha ha,  the Republican GOP that you so much worship has revealed itself what it is... with their anti-woke posture !!!

If you have some intelligence, you realize that woke means "following the dictates of morality", another way of seeing "alert to racial and social prejudice and discrimination".  

The philosophy of Jesus Christ is full of WOKE.   He condemned prejudice and discrimination.  And, oh surprise, these hypocrite Republicans claim religious sanctimoniousness while rejecting the teachings of Jesus Christ!

Who is anti-woke?  Ron DeSantis,  Tucker Carlson,  lowlife scumbags who live from lies and deceptions.  STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

Ha ha ha, If you have some intelligence, you would have woken up from your sleep dreaming about false ideals about woke agenda pandered by Democrats and Biden who is clueless as usual and blindly following to secure votes. 

The Democrats are simply using woke agenda to get what they want and victimise themselves against whoever oppose them. The race card is never too far away from them ready to use to get what they. We are all too familiar with Democrats playbook. Ha ha ha. 

Who are woke propagandists? Biden? Kamala Harris? Chuck Schumer? Don Lemon? Whoopi Goldberg? KEEP THEM FOR YOURSELF!!! You will do everybody a favour because when they are with you, they won’t have time to spread their woke agenda to infect others. 

22 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

Ha ha ha, If you have some intelligence, you would have woken up from your sleep dreaming about false ideals about woke agenda pandered by Democrats and Biden who is clueless as usual and blindly following to secure votes. 

The Democrats are simply using woke agenda to get what they want and victimise themselves against whoever oppose them. The race card is never too far away from them ready to use to get what they. We are all too familiar with Democrats playbook. Ha ha ha. 

Who are woke propagandists? Biden? Kamala Harris? Chuck Schumer? Don Lemon? Whoopi Goldberg? KEEP THEM FOR YOURSELF!!! You will do everybody a favour because when they are with you, they won’t have time to spread their woke agenda to infect others. 

Can you stop posting irrelavant matters into this thread. 

There is a US thread for US discussions.

The topic here is Ukraine. 

Your post does not refer by one inch to the Ukraine war!

1 minute ago, singalion said:

Can you stop posting irrelavant matters into this thread. 

There is a US thread for US discussions.

The topic here is Ukraine. 

Your post does not refer by one inch to the Ukraine war!

Can you stop Steve5380 from posting irrelavant matters into this thread. 

Remind him this is a US thread for US discussions. 

Remind him the topic here is Ukraine. 

Remind him his post here does not refer by one inch to the Ukraine war! 

6 hours ago, 7heaven said:

Can you stop Steve5380 from posting irrelavant matters into this thread. 

Remind him this is a US thread for US discussions. 

Remind him the topic here is Ukraine. 

Remind him his post here does not refer by one inch to the Ukraine war! 

He did remind me.  But I replied to your improper post out of pity.  From now on, I will only reply to your posts in the correct thread.

5 minutes ago, D.0284 said:

it is hard to keep to the topic because sometimes a topic could have rippled from another. sometimes the same topic could be totally different when viewed in a smaller or a larger sphere.

I agree with you.  It is natural in conversations to temporarily divert slightly from the main topic.  But going back to Ukraine,  this country is receiving now a good number of Bradley tanks fighting vehicles,  very similar to tanks,  in anticipation to the M1 Abrams tanks promised.   Hopefully this will give the victimized country sufficient advantage in its Spring offensive.

30 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I agree with you.  It is natural in conversations to temporarily divert slightly from the main topic.  But going back to Ukraine,  this country is receiving now a good number of Bradley tanks fighting vehicles,  very similar to tanks,  in anticipation to the M1 Abrams tanks promised.   Hopefully this will give the victimized country sufficient advantage in its Spring offensive.

i believe russia and china are at their wit end. that is why they throw the nuclear agenda on the table. but think again. once russia press the button. she will be in war with the world. all the communist world and iran will be dragged down.

He did remind me.  But I replied to your improper post out of pity.  From now on, I will only reply to your posts in the correct thread.

You can save your pity for the millions of current and future Americans taxpayers who are led by Biden and Democrats who used their tax money to fund their pet projects that does nothing much to improve their lives.