Male HQ

Netflix- Light the Night ( 华灯初上) Season 1-3

GKS

I have a long time not watching series. Thank to Netflix that I have time to have some good entertainment. 

Just hope our local production improved on the script writing. I have been waited since young till now I am old.

@JYAG-sim i am glad that you followed this series with your mother. 

I just completed Ep 8 of Season One and Now Just started Season Two. 

@tterrynick agreed.  However, we are good at Crazy Rich Asian series. Local series I waited from teenage till old. I thinks is difficult. even here at blowing winds, so rare Chinese speaking. I give up totally. 

@begleitung good cast.  You might want to look at the series entitled " Love ft Marriage and Divorce" at Netflix too. Highly recommended. 

@Kev Ng I just started Season Two as earlier watched another Korean series, Love ft Marriage and Divorce, the discussion of the essence of love from diversified perspectives in the modern context. 

A few interesting topics are: Is it alright to marry a young man? What are the different views  between The matured  male and female ( Ep 12 Season 2 ) ? How about children looking at parents argument due to third party and its reaction towards the same decision.  Are there jealousy amongst silver group ? is it alright to get a young one at old age both for the men and young lady. what about the young go along with matured middle aged men. 

Light the Night I was attracted  by the song first. Then I was the way the Taiwanese interpretation of the relationships.  

I have recommended a few series here and glad to have alternative ways to enrich our life in a candid conversation especially here.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:14 AM, GKS said:

@Kev Ng I just started Season Two as earlier watched another Korean series, Love ft Marriage and Divorce, the discussion of the essence of love from diversified perspectives in the modern context. 

A few interesting topics are: Is it alright to marry a young man? What are the different views  between The matured  male and female ( Ep 12 Season 2 ) ? How about children looking at parents argument due to third party and its reaction towards the same decision.  Are there jealousy amongst silver group ? is it alright to get a young one at old age both for the men and young lady. what about the young go along with matured middle aged men. 

Light the Night I was attracted  by the song first. Then I was the way the Taiwanese interpretation of the relationships.  

I have recommended a few series here and glad to have alternative ways to enrich our life in a candid conversation especially here.

😀

On 4/2/2022 at 2:54 AM, Kev Ng said:

i finished all 2 seasons during my isolation - Yes, very good series.   now into Season 3....some surprises - ha

I am trying hard to complete the season two first, Now at Ep14. 

Finally done watching all episodes and now I miss the characters…

The plot, acting, cinematography and sets are so well done that it drew me into the serial, making me feel like one of the Light patrons 

Now that I’ve wrapped up the series, it’s as if the nightclub has closed for good, leaving its loyal customer feeling empty 

I’m gonna pour myself a stiff drink to drown my sorrows 

摔碎(法兰 Fran)

影集 华灯初上 插曲

作词:法兰 Fran
作曲:法兰 Fran
编曲:赖暐哲

我以为我知道要什么
谁知道 与想像太多不同
说好要⼀起到达的地⽅
怎么消失了
梦幻泡影

是不是很可笑 眼泪啊
变调的愿望
还是想猖狂拥抱
义无反顾地投入
不经意间 就坠毁

⼀步之差 ⼀⽣距离
什么时候转错了弯 灯⽕阑珊
世界突然安静
摔碎的声⾳ 听得太清晰

啦~能不能都忘记
啦~却不能不爱你
啦~能不能当作练习
给个机会 让我按下 重新整理

Great show! Making grounds!

https://www.8days.sg/entertainment/asian/tvb-remaking-ruby-lin-light-the-night-mat-yeung-15539856?fbclid=IwAR3Kj7Dv0Izqn254ESVbXogAIjiO7o2kKkPoQbU2Mt-p4sqw7fpBs1rRbQs

ruby-lin-light-the-night-data.jpg

TVB Is Remaking Ruby Lin’s Light The Night; Mat Yeung Said To Have Scored The Lead Role

Following the tremendous success of Ruby Lin's Netflix drama Light The Night, TVB is said to be remaking its own version of the Taiwanese show with Mat Yeung as its male lead.

Yes, even when the 41-year-old actor's jail sentence for his second drink driving offence is still pending appeal.

In August 2020, Mat, who was intoxicated, lost control of his Mercedes and crashed into a road sign. Last year, he was sentenced to 18 days in jail and was also suspended from driving for two years and handed a HK$3,000 (S$520) fine. He was first convicted of drink driving in 2005.

Mat’s lawyer immediately filed an appeal after the sentence was passed down and he  was released on HK$30,000 bail pending appeal on the condition he remain in Hongkong and report to the police three times a week.

Since the scandal, the actor has not been cast in any drama — the last project he worked on was The Kwoks And What, which aired last year.

He will reportedly play the lead in the upcoming TVB remake of Light The Night, which will be helmed by filmmaker Wong Jing.

Starring opposite Mat are actresses Lisa Ch’ng, who is dating the actor in real life, Elaine Yiu, Kelly Fu, Jacky Cai, Yvette Chan, as well as Monica Chan, who has cut down on acting in Hongkong dramas in recent years.

The original Light The Night

The original Light The Night, which stars Ruby Lin, Cheryl Yang, Yang Youning and Rhydian Vaughan, is set in 1988 and revolves around a group nightclub hostesses in Taipei’s red light district.

The TVB remake will center around Hongkong nightclubs in the ’80s and ’90s, and Mat will play a young hooligan who “looks after” the clubs.

When asked about his rumoured comeback, Mat simply said, "Actually, I'm not sure, the company has not informed me yet. I will wait for their arrangements when it comes to work matters."

On the other hand, when Wong Jing was asked if he's worried that Mat's legal issues would affect filming, he said, "The cast is decided by TVB. As long as they are confident, I'm definitely okay with it too."

Photos: PBE Media, Mat Yeung/ Instagram, Ruby Lin/ Instagram

On 4/15/2022 at 6:37 PM, Since u r here said:

is this really gd? in all 3 seasons how many episode

i m afraid of those with ultra long epi to catch!

Dearest @Since u r here

I shared the same concerns before I start to follow this series. 

prior to this series, I watched the World of the Married, Squid Games, Train to Busan , Love ft Marriage and divorce before this series. Now I am watching Sky Castle.

The light of Night has changed my view of the traditional stigma of Taiwan series. The new generation of artists have established an epic way to define Taiwan in script writing, directing, the songs and speed of expanding their plots is near to the heart beat of the contemporaries. 

Two scenes I love so much from this series are that the unlocking process of the truth to the light by the director : Sue qiying's Farwell Tribute in the Park, Hana Ko reveals the truth of Qingyu's death. Everyone scrambles to protect those they love. 

This series intended to set in retro background, make me recall those time I talk to my aunty who works in the night club.  She has shared a lot of her experiences with me though I am a teenage boy. Now, I  just hope that she is well as her lover who is the developer has passed away a year before Covids and she is free from xiao san's status. Hope she is well. 

On 4/15/2022 at 7:58 PM, tri27 said:

AccuseFive song is the best! So haunting as it plays after every episode 

@tri27 I have attached the clips above. Indeed a good song but netflix cuts this song short for the air time. 

Indeed this is even better: 

and this 

On 4/16/2022 at 5:03 PM, Since u r here said:

Train- isnt that a movie 
Totally diff genre from the taiwanese show ( i roughly know what is the bkgrd) and how much obstacles Lin Xin Ru has to go thru to produce it

SC?  hope it is quite a few yrs back show  天空之城 (korean)

Yes, my mother's favorite. I have accompanied her to watch the series  here and there. Now, I am watching every eps. just started. 

Edited by GKS