Jump to content
Pulse  Clinic

Which type of power bank can charge laptops?


Recommended Posts

On 3/26/2022 at 1:46 PM, kidster said:

I saw someone using it at library. It's very bulky.

 

Are there any models that are lightweight?

 

To charge laptops, because of how dense the batteries are in laptops, the power banks need to be just as dense to provide sufficient amount of wattage into the battery. This is physics- and unfortunately, it's a current constrain on lithium-based batteries. 

 

There are very affordable, small, and portable USB C laptop chargers that weigh less than 500g! I wrote an article that covers great laptop chargers here, with specs and price tag!: https://www.rhynreviews.com/post/best-gan-charger-2022-for-phones-and-laptops-singapore-good-deals

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

powerbks to charge laptop??? Impossible! (maybe will be heavy, nowadays, even my laptop brought 3 yrs ago , their charger are not even heavy to begin with)

Dear @kidster
U need it even Lighter??
Now the trend is to charge it by USB-C , but pls ensure it has "PD" (Power delivery)

a 65W costs 65$ can charge a pad or lap in 1hr 30mins time 100%
a 30w cost more than half of the price but can only charge 50% of your laptop capacity in 30mins

Edited by Since u r here
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 11:02 PM, Guest Random said:

You can look at omnicharge. I have one, and it looks heavy but it's quite okay for me.

 

https://www.omnicharge.co/products/omni-mobile-12800

 

Thanks!

 

Is this the one? I think carrying this is better than carrying the power cables. 

Did you buy directly from the website? Can't find on Shopee and Lazada.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Random

I got Omni 20+ for the 100W AC output, as my laptop only supports AC output.

If you are using it for your Macbook, you should be fine with Omni Mobile 12800.

Yes, I bought it directly from the website. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2022 at 1:30 PM, Since u r here said:

powerbks to charge laptop??? Impossible! (maybe will be heavy, nowadays, even my laptop brought 3 yrs ago , their charger are not even heavy to begin with)

Dear @kidster
U need it even Lighter??
Now the trend is to charge it by USB-C , but pls ensure it has "PD" (Power delivery)

a 65W costs 65$ can charge a pad or lap in 1hr 30mins time 100%
a 30w cost more than half of the price but can only charge 50% of your laptop capacity in 30mins

Buy a 65W rated GaN UK plug (can try UGreen) with a 100W rated USB C you can charge phones or laptops. Cost about $38 for the plug - make sure it has Safety Mark, and $8 for the USBC cable. If your laptop doesn't charge via USB C nor has a USB C port then this doesn't work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Laptop??? Powerbank??? Impossible la, dun crazy lo..... How much that Powerbank can supply charge to laptop???

For Handphone or tablets I using this... Guess Singapore charger shop dun sell this model.IMG_20220406_094904_449.thumb.jpg.0284db54d3d495fffa6a55cd5d09aa9f.jpg

IMG_20220406_094819_521.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to use a ZMI branded USB C powerbank (15,000mah) that can output 45W to charge my Macbook. I think now they have a 20,000 mah that can output up to 65W. But of course we should not expect for the powerbank to fully charge the macbook's internal battery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes those sold @ best denki, surely w the mark

On 3/27/2022 at 1:30 PM, Since u r here said:

Now the trend is to charge it by USB-C , but pls ensure it has "PD" (Power delivery)

a 65W costs 65$ can charge a pad or lap in 1hr 30mins time 100%
a 30w cost more than half of the price but can only charge 50% of your laptop capacity in 30mins

 

I agree w JK2E4

which is why i m puzzled why pp stop carrying your own mcbk or Laptop charger (how heavy can it get in this era) 
Mine is so Light!!

 

On 4/6/2022 at 11:20 AM, JK2E4 said:

 But of course we should not expect for the powerbank to fully charge the macbook's internal battery.

 

erm Lingerie, a hp/pad charger wont need discussion in this era
nothing new @ all

but to charge laptop/mcbk u need one w PD

On 4/6/2022 at 9:56 AM, lingerielover said:

How much that Powerbank can supply charge to laptop???

For Handphone or tablets I using this... Guess Singapore charger shop dun sell this model.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://shopee.sg/UGREEN-100W-USB-C-Multiport-Charger-4-Port-USB-Charging-Station-GaN-Fast-Charger-Power-Adapter-i.64922680.12505150133

 

100W but 750sgd  , ok?

if you r using your original wire will be fast charging. But with normal wire, slow down the charging -some commented and it is heavy! more than 200g!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, Since u r here said:

https://shopee.sg/UGREEN-100W-USB-C-Multiport-Charger-4-Port-USB-Charging-Station-GaN-Fast-Charger-Power-Adapter-i.64922680.12505150133

 

100W but 750sgd  , ok?

if you r using your original wire will be fast charging. But with normal wire, slow down the charging -some commented and it is heavy! more than 200g!
 

 

THanks but I'm I'm looking a power bank 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter