Jump to content
Male HQ

Recommended Posts

Currently i have Rolex Daytona i pay slightly cheaper than local. I cant say the price all i can say i safe about fair abit can say i  safe is four figure to as couse i have other like Cartier santos 100 chorograph and Panerai submersible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2022 at 8:10 PM, FIRE2020 said:

I prefer submariner. Do you anyone know best place to sell it?

Best you asked those second hand shop watch dealer but again is all depend on the condition of your watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing about Rolex some of their module comes with rare face color that might be the best to get as that in long run people may be looked for it and willing to pay few percent more than what u paying provided the watch is good condition come with all the watch information as well gurantee card. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As for me i buy  Rolex watches (which is not high horology) because they are everyday watches . They are hardy  and able to withstand the daily impact well and suitable for sports and rough usage. Never buy a watch solely  for just investment purposes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i bought almost all of them either (mainly) The Hour Glass and rarely Cortina . Bear in mind the average servicing is about $2K every five years (basic)at Rolex Centres. I dont trust being repaired by others

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2022 at 5:06 PM, earth_tone said:

how long do you guys wait to pick up your watch? 

Few years ago i need not wait at all . They are readily available BUT now it is a different story. I am not into secondary markets at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I send my Daytona, Submariner Sunburst Bluesy and Explorer2 to the center so that i have peace in mind that my watches taken care by the watch master.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2022 at 12:49 PM, fetish69 said:

center so that i have peace in mind

Exactly ...sending them to an authorised service centre gives one peace of mind. Need only complete service once every five to seven years actually and though it costs much more one is assured these watches are in good hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2022 at 8:54 AM, heman said:

Exactly ...sending them to an authorised service centre gives one peace of mind. Need only complete service once every five to seven years actually and though it costs much more one is assured these watches are in good hands.

 

There is still a superior peace of mind that is achieved by not owning any Rolex or other expensive watch that would need service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well to each his own ....Rolex (bear in mind it is just a high street  end watch)  to me is not an indulgence but a necessity  for rough almost  everyday wear. High horology is a fine art to me. They are more than mere micromechanics.

 

Edited by heman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2022 at 11:45 AM, Steve5380 said:

 

There is still a superior peace of mind that is achieved by not owning any Rolex or other expensive watch that would need service.

Here is to enable a space to share useful informations for avid collectors. Stay on the socially polite route and maintain good sensibility. I know where you are capable of bringing this thread to, don't. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2022 at 10:58 PM, heman said:

Well to each his own ....Rolex (bear in mind it is just a high street  end watch)  to me is not an indulgence but a necessity  for rough almost  everyday wear. High horology is a fine art to me. They are more than mere micromechanics.

 

 

I agree with you that Rolex is just a high street end watch.  Something like my Tag Heuer but with a nicer logo.  It can be a necessity for rough everyday wear.  I assume that it is "rough" because these watches are heavy, and if automatic they need occasional winding. This is why my Rolex has been comfortably resting in its box for over 25 years.  But if it comes to necessary everyday wear, what is wrong with a $50 quartz Timex? Lightweight, precise, runs forever.  High horology is different,  it is the possession of an object of human excellence, like an original Rembrandt hanging in your bedroom,  much more significant than a large diamond, which is simply a big and rare stone.

 

On 4/26/2022 at 1:30 PM, earth_tone said:

Here is to enable a space to share useful informations for avid collectors. Stay on the socially polite route and maintain good sensibility. I know where you are capable of bringing this thread to, don't. Thank you.

 

I share useful information for avid collectors and other interested parties.  My replay to @heman here above is an example.  And you don't need to agree with me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I walked into another distributor yesterday, there were only 5-8 watches in a huge space 😅 the server staff was friendly but very direct. She suggest that I leave my name for wishlist and emphasised there is a long queue for every single model. It will be the discretion of Rolex to allocate the watches, no promises made.

 

I didn't leave my name by the way. Feels little like buying Birkin bags? I wonder anyone here managed to get a watch from placing in the wishlist.

Rolex.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 10:50 PM, earth_tone said:

I walked into another distributor yesterday, there were only 5-8 watches in a huge space 😅 the server staff was friendly but very direct. She suggest that I leave my name for wishlist and emphasised there is a long queue for every single model. It will be the discretion of Rolex to allocate the watches, no promises made.

 

I didn't leave my name by the way. Feels little like buying Birkin bags? I wonder anyone here managed to get a watch from placing in the wishlist.

 

 

WOW!  I'm surprised that it is such a seller's market.  I am glad that I have zero interest in Rolex, and this leaves more opportunities for you guys who like them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter