Male HQ

Taiwan, one of the unresolved issues in East Asia...

singalion

On 5/17/2022 at 8:38 AM, Guest wahahahaha... said:

Can a tree stump be murdered?  It is more dignified to let termites do the job. ...wahahahaha

One day we will recognize that plants are also living creatures that are more than wood and leaves.  There is nothing dignified in termites.  

Stump or not, the mosquitoes in my yard would do the job if I would let them.  Instead, I am using my bug zapper with good results.   And here at BW my "troll zapper" posts come handy...  wahahahaha

Guest Quack Quack
On 5/17/2022 at 10:24 PM, Steve5380 said:

And here at BW my "troll zapper" posts come handy...  

Your zapper is completely useless, it makes your trolls stronger to zap you in return. 👎

On 5/17/2022 at 10:18 AM, Guest Quack Quack said:

Your zapper is completely useless, it makes your trolls stronger to zap you in return. 👎

Well...  I would not like my troll zapper to really zap them!  They are so amusing,  ha ha.

On 5/18/2022 at 2:50 AM, Steve5380 said:

Well...  I would not like my troll zapper to really zap them!  They are so amusing,  ha ha.

Oh @Steve5380 uses his zapper frequently, especially on anyone who does not agree with him whom he then calls a troll. He believes at the old age 79 is is qualified to give the best advice to the younger people reading this forum. But when they start to argue with him, he gets his zapper out as he will not permit alternative views. He makes comments like this - 

- "when you qualify as nonsense something I have written, what follows is an imbecility that reflects lack of knowledge and/or understanding."

- "this is one more time uni show what a trash bag you are."

- "since you are mentally handicapped."

- "you are such a miserable troll and fantasise."

Living in Texas, he finds little of interest in Singapore other than his annual visits tp go to SIngapore's gay saunas  from his mid-60s to 70s and he claimed to have had 2,600 sex partners (he wrote that in May 2019!). He has criticised the use of Chinese in this forum - suggesting that posts in German would be more valuable! (he is of German ancestry). Yet he regards himself as the guardian of the English language on this forum despite the fact that he makes frequent mistakes!

Yet he does his best to come across as a reasonable, understanding old man. But as another poster wrote to him on 9 December 2020 -

"please don't call everyone here who opposes your views or criticises your behaviour as trolls. And you do not need to hit out  at everyone who might have a different opinion as you." 

The fact is he is a lonely old man with one set of views who spends his days in one room, watching video screens, making his own meals mostly of beans and vegetables and indulging in 5 day water only diets which he promotes in this forum, and for some unfathomable reason making post after post after post in this forum. So boring! Worthy of a zapper! LOL

On 5/18/2022 at 4:44 AM, InBangkok said:

Oh @Steve5380 uses his zapper frequently, especially on anyone who does not agree with him whom he then calls a troll. He believes at the old age 79 is is qualified to give the best advice to the younger people reading this forum. But when they start to argue with him, he gets his zapper out as he will not permit alternative views. He makes comments like this - 

- "when you qualify as nonsense something I have written, what follows is an imbecility that reflects lack of knowledge and/or understanding."

Living in Texas, he finds little of interest in Singapore other than his annual visits tp go to SIngapore's gay saunas  from his mid-60s to 70s and he claimed to have had 2,600 sex partners (he wrote that in May 2019!). He has criticised the use of Chinese in this forum - suggesting that posts in German would be more valuable! (he is of German ancestry). Yet he regards himself as the guardian of the English language on this forum despite the fact that he makes frequent mistakes!

Yet he does his best to come across as a reasonable, understanding old man. But as another poster wrote to him on 9 December 2020 -

"please don't call everyone here who opposes your views or criticises your behaviour as trolls. And you do not need to hit out  at everyone who might have a different opinion as you." 

The fact is he is a lonely old man with one set of views who spends his days in one room, watching video screens, making his own meals mostly of beans and vegetables and indulging in 5 day water only diets which he promotes in this forum, and for some unfathomable reason making post after post after post in this forum. So boring! Worthy of a zapper! LOL

@InBangkok says that he is a writer.  I believe that he is a writer of FANTASY.

He lacks any sense of humor and reality,  believing that I was serious when I wrote about 2,600 sex partners (or whatever number I might have written).  With some tidbits of what I have written,  he constructs with malevolence a person of fantasy that only exists in his mind.

And he seems to disregard that what he is posting is completely off topic!

Edited by Steve5380

On 5/18/2022 at 8:23 PM, Steve5380 said:

believing that I was serious when I wrote about 2,600 sex partners (or whatever number I might have written).  With some tidbits of what I have written,  he constructs with malevolence a person of fantasy that only exists in his mind.

As is so usual @Steve5380's penultimate defence is to call what a poster has written that he does not like as fun! This is quickly followed by a trashing of the poster. Well, let me remind everyone what you did in fact write in the thread What Are The Chances of Getting Caught by People You Know When Entering A Gay Sauna

" My late bf had introduced me to the experience of a sauna where we went multiple times."

And in the thread How Many Sex Partners Have You Ever Got 

"I am in my 70s, about 2,600 sexual partners."

The above is all a matter a fact and record.

As for this being a Taiwan thread, he rather derailed it with discussion he started about enjoying a delicious chocolate mousse while looking at the view from Taipei 101 (only he first wrote that 101 was in Seoul!). And then he expanded that into some nonsense about a "troll zapper". Hardly on topic.

While in Taipei I expect he might also have sampled Taipei's saunas since the only purpose of his regular visits to Asia has been to spend his time at saunas. As a dedicated sauna goer, over the years he spent travelling to Asia, meeting up with a few Asian boys at each visit, 2,600 sex partners sounds eminently possible!

As for Taiwan, the issue of the conflict of interest between the island and mainland China has been discussed extensively already in the thread. Unfortunately @Steve5380avoids considering the history that goes back for centuries and is key to an understanding of the present situation. The impasse that presently exists is unlikely to be resolved any time soon in my opinion. I have written earlier in the forum that the war in Ukraine and the solidarity shown by and the actions taken by most of the rest of the world against Russia will probably have surprised those in power in Beijing. With their problems over covid, the substantial drop in the country's exports and its increasing unemployment, mainland China is hardly likely to engage in military action now that pits Chinese against Chinese. It will bide its time - and who knows what will happen in a decade or so.

On 5/18/2022 at 10:53 PM, InBangkok said:

As is so usual @Steve5380's penultimate defence is to call what a poster has written that he does not like as fun! This is quickly followed by a trashing of the poster. Well, let me remind everyone what you did in fact write in the thread What Are The Chances of Getting Caught by People You Know When Entering A Gay Sauna

" My late bf had introduced me to the experience of a sauna where we went multiple times."

The above is all a matter a fact and record.

As for this being a Taiwan thread, he rather derailed it with discussion he started about enjoying a delicious chocolate mousse while looking at the view from Taipei 101 (only he first wrote that 101 was in Seoul!). And then he expanded that into some nonsense about a "troll zapper". Hardly on topic.

While in Taipei I expect he might also have sampled Taipei's saunas since the only purpose of his regular visits to Asia has been to spend his time at saunas. As a dedicated sauna goer, over the years he spent travelling to Asia, meeting up with a few Asian boys at each visit, 2,600 sex partners sounds eminently possible!

As for Taiwan, the issue of the conflict of interest between the island and mainland China has been discussed extensively already in the thread. Unfortunately @Steve5380avoids considering the history that goes back for centuries and is key to an understanding of the present situation. The impasse that presently exists is unlikely to be resolved any time soon in my opinion. I have written earlier in the forum that the war in Ukraine and the solidarity shown by and the actions taken by most of the rest of the world against Russia will probably have surprised those in power in Beijing. With their problems over covid, the substantial drop in the country's exports and its increasing unemployment, mainland China is hardly likely to engage in military action now that pits Chinese against Chinese. It will bide its time - and who knows what will happen in a decade or so.

This @InBangkok does not care to infect many threads with his out-of-topic malevolent comments about me.    And what a crass incompetence in math he shows by estimating that in my trips to Asia "meeting with a few Asian boys at each visit"  I could have accumulated 2,600 sex partners.  What an insane insinuation.  I made about 30 trips to Asia, each about 2 weeks long,  so 2,600 divided by 30 would have been 86 sex partners per visit! ,  which he calls "with a few Asian boys"?  This nonsense of his shows that in his obsession to smear he shows what appears to be a mental problem.  He needs to see a shrink! 

On 5/19/2022 at 11:28 AM, Steve5380 said:

This @InBangkok does not care to infect many threads with his out-of-topic malevolent comments about me.    And what a crass incompetence in math he shows by estimating that in my trips to Asia "meeting with a few Asian boys at each visit"  I could have accumulated 2,600 sex partners.  What an insane insinuation.  I made about 30 trips to Asia, each about 2 weeks long,  so 2,600 divided by 30 would have been 86 sex partners per visit! ,  which he calls "with a few Asian boys"?  This nonsense of his shows that in his obsession to smear he shows what appears to be a mental problem.  He needs to see a shrink! 

Don't deflect - at each visit to each sauna. And I stressed your visits to saunas in Houston as well - as you told us in one post. 

As for your statistics, 420 days in Asia and your sole activity being visiting saunas - do the maths. In Asia alone, 2,000 partners would be perfectly possible given the objectives of your sex tourism trips. These comments are far from malevolent and perfectly possible given the comments by so many other posters here about their sauna visits. And you were over 50 by then!

Japan should stay out of Asia's conflict.  Especially directed towards China.  Japanese war crime is still fresh in every Asia's country.  Its attempt to change its own history textbook will not work because, just Singapore alone, there are many tombs and memorial pointing to Japanese hideous crime.  They even disregard Geneva conventions when carrying out those war crimes.  By comparison to Putin, Japan is on par with Hitler.  The Hiroshima nuclear bomb should serve as reminder to all Japanese to stay away from getting involved, otherwise China will send Japan a gift equivalent to those America has given to Japan during WWII. 

On 5/19/2022 at 12:32 PM, Why? said:

Japan should stay out of Asia's conflict.  Especially directed towards China.  Japanese war crime is still fresh in every Asia's country. 

Japan should certainly stay out of Chinese affairs. The problem regarding Taiwan is that technically it cannot because Japan is in fact part of the unresolved problems resulting from WWII. The unfortunate fact is that there are many unresolved issues which will continue to leave Taiwan in a state of virtual limbo in international law and both Japan and the USA are largely to blame. As I understand it, the anomalies are included in the following.

Qing Dynasty Cedes Taiwan to Japan -  Japan was legally the sovereign power in Taiwan after the Qing ceded it in 1895. It was thus similar in international law to Hong Kong and Kowloon, both of which had been ceded to the UK in perpetuity. Beijing always regarded these treaties as "unequal", but they were valid in terms of international law. All were a legal transfer of territory. Beijing has succeeded in getting Hong Kong and Kowloon back. But not Taiwan.

Cairo and Potsdam Agreements - These have been discussed above. Essentially the agreement at Cairo called for all Japanese colonies to be returned to their original rulers. That meant Taiwan/Formosa being returned to the government in Beijing. Potsdam refers to this Agreement and reaffirms it. But neither document was signed by Japan.

Japanese Surrender - the Instrument of Surrender signed by the Japanese determined that Taiwan had to be returned to China, then ruled by the ROC under Chiang which had been an ally of the USA during WWII. It basically states that Japan accepted the agreements made at Potsdam - and thus indirectly those at Cairo. But legally speaking these were merely intentions. While they have a certain legal validity, only an official Peace Treaty signed by Japan could determine the precise "ownership" of Taiwan.

Japan Peace Treaty - it was up to the USA as the victors in the war in the Pacific to draft the Peace Treaty and to ensure it was signed by all relevant parties. Before it got round to this, the Cold War had started. Chiang and the KMT had been defeated by Mao in the civil war and the communists were now the legal rulers in Beijing. As we know, Chiang fled to Taiwan with 2 million of his followers along with most of China's art treasures. He took with him the name ROC as he always intended to return to China and beat Mao in a second civil war.

Constitution of Taiwan - Chiang always regarded himself as the ruler of all China. Accordingly, as drawn up by his government, there was a clause in the Taiwan Constitution stating that the government of Taiwan had the legal right to inherit all the Qing Dynasty's properties. The USA agreed with this - until it changed its tune in 1971. Taiwan formally dropped this clause only in 1991.

Position of the USA - Having won the war in the Pacific and been a key ally in winning the war in Europe, the USA had a great deal on its plate. It stalled on the Japan Peace Treaty. After all, General Macarthur was the de facto ruler of Japan at the time.

Advent of the Cold War - With the Soviet Union having gobbled up much of Eastern Europe, the last thing the USA wanted was a communist China. This despite the fact that several of its key allies, including the United Kingdom, had no issue with a communist government in Beijing as they regarded it as legitimate. A Peace Treaty with Japan suddenly became important. Equally, that Treaty had to include Taiwan under Chiang as the legitimate ruler of all China.

1951 San Francisco Peace Conference - Representatives of neither Beijing nor Taipei attended the Conference. During the proceedings, Japan agreed to "surrender" Taiwan. In effect it should have in writing agreed to "return" Taiwan. The legal loophole is that Japan only surrendered the territory and not those who then occupied it or from whom it had assumed sovereignty in 1895.

Part of the result of the Peace Conference was the Treaty of Taipei which Japan signed with Chiang and which acknowledged the KMT as the legitimate rulers of Taiwan. It cited the Cairo Conference agreement as the reason. This was despite the change of government in Beijing

1971 Change in USA policy - more or less under the pretext that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, the USA realised that it would not be in its future interests to have two communist superpowers as its enemy. By this time China and the Soviets had fallen out with each other, their 1969 border war having threatened at one time to become nuclear. So Nixon visited Beijing and diplomatic relations were eventually normalised.

As part of the normalisation, several communiques were issued and signed by both parties. Under the "One China Principle", the key one states

1. There's only one China in the world.

2. Taiwan is a part of China,

3. The People's Republic of China is the only legal government that represents all Chinese citizens.

The US has only ever "recognised" the third item and has only "acknowledged" the first two. However, there are two versions of that communique. For the one in Mandarin, the Chinese changed "acknowledge" to "recognise"!

1972 Communique - this has a further disputed sentence, stating that the US acknowledges "all Chinese on either side of the Taiwan Strait maintain that there is but one China and that Taiwan is a part of China" and that the USA "does not challenge that position." Like other statements this is vague and no doubt reflects the passive stance of the USA towards Taiwan.

1972 Japan/China Joint Communique - Diplomatic relations between the two countries were normalised. In the document, Japan "fully understands and respects" that Taiwan is an inalienable territory of the PRC. However, it does not use either of the stronger legal terms "recognises" or "acknowledges". Japan also refused to renegotiate the Treaty of Taipei. So this results in yet another major anomaly in international law.

1979 - the US passes the Taiwan Relations Act. This makes clear that the establishment of diplomatic relations rests upon "the expectation that the future of Taiwan will  be determined by peaceful means." In other words, the US has never clarified its precise position regarding Taiwan. And Japan earlier fouled the waters by insisting it will not renegotiate its Treaty of Taipei giving sovereignty back to the ROC.

If those who feel that the Taiwan issue is a relatively simple one consider the above complicated, these are but some of the issues at stake over the island. The future of Taiwan is a highly complicated issue.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:48 PM, InBangkok said:

Don't deflect - at each visit to each sauna. And I stressed your visits to saunas in Houston as well - as you told us in one post. 

As for your statistics, 420 days in Asia and your sole activity being visiting saunas - do the maths. In Asia alone, 2,000 partners would be perfectly possible given the objectives of your sex tourism trips. These comments are far from malevolent and perfectly possible given the comments by so many other posters here about their sauna visits. And you were over 50 by then!

The idiocy of his post hardly justifies a reply.  Maybe just an observation:  If he thinks that after 50yo I had 2000 partners in 420 days, which comes out at nearly 5 partners every day,  he recognizes the fantastic virility I have !!!!  Well...  HAD, because now at 79 I probably could only have 1999 partners in 420 days, ha ha.

But at least in his last post he returned to the topic,  dumping here the long story that he read somewhere.

Guest Derelick
On 5/18/2022 at 5:44 PM, InBangkok said:

Well said!  LOL

On 5/19/2022 at 12:32 AM, Why? said:

Japan should stay out of Asia's conflict.  Especially directed towards China.  Japanese war crime is still fresh in every Asia's country.  Its attempt to change its own history textbook will not work because, just Singapore alone, there are many tombs and memorial pointing to Japanese hideous crime.  They even disregard Geneva conventions when carrying out those war crimes.  By comparison to Putin, Japan is on par with Hitler.  The Hiroshima nuclear bomb should serve as reminder to all Japanese to stay away from getting involved, otherwise China will send Japan a gift equivalent to those America has given to Japan during WWII. 

You are right, but nations should not be kept demonized forever.  The responsible for the atrocities is not necessarily the country but its government at some time.  The people should be blamed simply for having elected such evil government, or tolerated it in the case of a lifelong emperor.   The status of the country should not be associated with its early history but with its present habitants.  The habitants of a separate large piece of land like Taiwan should have the perfect right to choose their status, especially if they are pacific, progressive and establish their own government. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:31 AM, Guest Derelick said:

Well said!  LOL

A Guest Derelick is expected to agree with the nonsense a Derelict Member spreads around in a forum.  Birds of a same feather.  Or small insects of the same yuckiness...

Edited by Steve5380

On 4/27/2022 at 8:35 PM, Steve5380 said:

Where is the law of nature that impedes that a region that has physical, political, social separation from another bigger one, cannot aspire for its autonomy?  Why should bigger countries swallow smaller ones by forceful conquests?

Let's not forget that this was one of your first contributions to this thread. Later you had asked me to explain why Taiwan could not go it alone. I wrote a long thread which was praised by another poster. But a second time you asked for my reasons. Initially I told you to find out for yourself. Yesterday I decided it was time to clarify the full situation about Taiwan so that future comments in this forum about this highly sensitive and serious situation could relate specifically to that and not veer off into ridiculous posts about termites, wood, leaves and zappers.

Even so, today he writes this piece of rubbish -  

On 5/19/2022 at 9:39 PM, Steve5380 said:

The habitants of a separate large piece of land like Taiwan should have the perfect right to choose their status, especially if they are pacific, progressive and establish their own government. 

My long post is the result of many decades living in Asia, my considerable knowledge of Chinese history after many dozen visits to China and Taiwan, and my understanding of the historical forces that have resulted in the present situation re Taiwan. But @Steve5380 can never accept that he is wrong. Although he is clearly wrong in the case of Taiwan for all he can contribute is that a poster cannot know about history and instead merely "dumps" information he has read somewhere.  

On 5/19/2022 at 9:29 PM, Steve5380 said:

he returned to the topic,  dumping here the long story that he read somewhere.

The more he posts like this, the more posters on BW realise that @Steve5380  is nothing but a fraud, an old man desperately trying to get across views on a subject about which he knowns virtually nothing.

Edited by InBangkok

On 5/19/2022 at 11:37 PM, InBangkok said:

Let's not forget that this was one of your first contributions to this thread. Later you had asked me to explain why Taiwan could not go it alone. I wrote a long thread which was praised by another poster. But a second time you asked for my reasons. Initially I told you to find out for yourself. Yesterday I decided it was time to clarify the full situation about Taiwan so that future comments in this forum about this highly sensitive and serious situation could relate specifically to that and not veer off into ridiculous posts about termites, wood, leaves and zappers.

Even so, today he writes this piece of rubbish -  

My long post is the result of many decades living in Asia, my considerable knowledge of Chinese history after many dozen visits to China and Taiwan, and my understanding of the historical forces that have resulted in the present situation re Taiwan. But @Steve5380 can never accept that he is wrong. Although he is clearly wrong in the case of Taiwan for all he can contribute is that a poster cannot know about history and instead merely "dumps" information he has read somewhere.  

The more he posts like this, the more posters on BW realise that @Steve5380  is nothing but a fraud, an old man desperately trying to get across views on a subject about which he knowns virtually nothing.

Blah blah blah...

If the relevant historical facts that lead to the current situation of Taiwan have not come to you by hearsay,  by reading or hearing about...   then you are really an OLD, OLD man, at least a centenarian, ha ha. It is not uncommon that the habitants of a land don't know the details of what their leaders have done and what motivated them.  In reality, there is  zero evidence that you are not older than me!   Maybe YOU are the oldest in BW!  Would make sense, given your bitter character.

I don't pretend to know every detail of the history of Taiwan. I am not an historian.  And I don't need to know them to have a sensible opinion of the situation of this country and what it should be.  This is no different than for any other country.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:10 PM, Steve5380 said:

Blah blah blah...

If the relevant historical facts that lead to the current situation of Taiwan have not come to you by hearsay,  by reading or hearing about...   then you are really an OLD, OLD man, at least a centenarian, ha ha. It is not uncommon that the habitants of a land don't know the details of what their leaders have done and what motivated them.  In reality, there is  zero evidence that you are not older than me!   Maybe YOU are the oldest in BW!  Would make sense, given your bitter character.

I don't pretend to know every detail of the history of Taiwan. I am not an historian.  And I don't need to know them to have a sensible opinion of the situation of this country and what it should be.  This is no different than for any other country.

So you believe you have a sensible opinion of Taiwan and its future? That is just so funny! Or it would be funny but you just cannot bear that another poster actually knows not just more than you but a great deal more than you about the situation of Taiwan.

I maybe the OLDEST in BW? You LIE again, oh great panjandrum. No one posting in BW can be anywhere close to your venerable age with a brain to match.

What have you been putting into your water diets that makes you advocate independence when you have not the slightest clue about how mainland China and Taiwan are where they are today? Laughing gas?

On 5/20/2022 at 10:01 AM, InBangkok said:

So you believe you have a sensible opinion of Taiwan and its future? That is just so funny! Or it would be funny but you just cannot bear that another poster actually knows not just more than you but a great deal more than you about the situation of Taiwan.

I maybe the OLDEST in BW? You LIE again, oh great panjandrum. No one posting in BW can be anywhere close to your venerable age with a brain to match.

This venerable old poster @InBangkok feels so proud of allegedly knowing so much about Taiwan, and puts down my knowledge of it,  while not realizing that both he and I we are equally insignificant in affecting the situation of this country. 

All all what he has read about Taiwan's history does not change a reality today:  Taiwan is a DEMOCRACY, ranking among the top 10: 

https://www.voanews.com/a/taiwan-ranks-among-top-10-democracies-in-annual-index-/6438806.html

He LIES again when stating that no poster can be older than blah, blah, blah.  What a lack of common sense!  Any CENTENARIAN with an email address can register here as a member and claim that he is a 25 y.o. gorgeous gay!  Who knows what is true in what @InBangkok claims!

Edited by Steve5380

On 5/21/2022 at 3:20 AM, Steve5380 said:

This venerable old poster @InBangkok feels so proud of allegedly knowing so much about Taiwan, and puts down my knowledge of it,  while not realizing that both he and I we are equally insignificant in affecting the situation of this country. 

All all what he has read about Taiwan's history does not change a reality today:  Taiwan is a DEMOCRACY, ranking among the top 10: 

https://www.voanews.com/a/taiwan-ranks-among-top-10-democracies-in-annual-index-/6438806.html

He LIES again when stating that no poster can be older than blah, blah, blah.  What a lack of common sense!  Any CENTENARIAN with an email address can register here as a member and claim that he is a 25 y.o. gorgeous gay!  Who knows what is true in what @InBangkok claims!

Taiwan holds elections. It has a form of democracy. Remember, though that Hong Kong was also a democracy with elections even after 1997. It had autonomy in all but matters of defence. And now what has happened? To believe that any territory that permits elections automatically has the right of self-determination is so utterly silly and untrue in international law. Go and learn some more than the few tiny nuggets you know about Taiwan and international law before making any further wrong assumptions.

As for your comments on centenarians, all can see they are so ridiculously stupid they are not worthy of comment.

Edited by InBangkok

On 5/21/2022 at 1:23 AM, InBangkok said:

As for your comments on centenarians, all can see they are so ridiculously stupid they are not worthy of comment.

So why are you now commenting on them?  Are you so attracted to the ridiculously stupid?  What does this say about you?

US President Joe Biden likes to speak out his mind.  Now in Japan, he has verbalized what other US Administrations have kept silent about.   And this is:  the US will militarily defend Taiwan from attacks.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/23/politics/biden-taiwan-china-japan-intl-hnk/index.html

Biden says US would respond 'militarily' if China attacked Taiwan, but White House insists there's no policy change

Joe Biden is an experienced congressman, an experienced vice-president,  and now is becoming an experienced president. He shows that a leader can have some sincerity without being a fool.  He came out on a limb during Obama's presidency defending the right to same-sex marriage, and... it became reality.  He came out the other days defining Putin as a criminal committing genocide and advising the Russians to remove him.  The White House,  his aides etc.  immediately jump in to tone down Biden's words that are diplomatically incorrect,  but he already has spoken them.

In this latest position of Biden,  I am curious what would happen if the US keeps the "One China" policy but slightly redefines "China" as the mainland, ruled by the PRC,  and simply adds a "One Taiwan" policy redefining the name "Republic of China" as "Taiwan",  and establishing diplomatic relations with Taiwan.  Will China suffer a heart attack?  Will China unilaterally break relations with the US?  This is hard to imagine,  given the extensive commercial ties between the two nations.  Maybe other smaller nations should take the initiative, that could be less dramatic.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:53 PM, Steve5380 said:

Biden says US would respond 'militarily' if China attacked Taiwan,

I will have even more drastic ressponse if US responded.  Don't try me,  I could easily pinpoint who is at fault in those scenario. 

Edited by Why?

On 5/24/2022 at 12:40 PM, Why? said:

I will have even more drastic ressponse if US responded.  Don't try me,  I could easily pinpoint who is at fault in those scenario. 

wow. You sound so big and brave.

what would you do exactly?! 

🤣 

On 5/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, InBangkok said:

That was my personal suspicion all the time, that the chocolate mousse was a euphemism for a mishap in a Sauna at Taipei I/O sauna in Taiwan...

Hopefully, Steve keeps a daily diary and later when InBangkok will work on Steve's memoires something titled like

"My 2600 sexcapades with Asian men", subtitle: "How I fought for the liberty of the Taiwanese during my life" the truth on the Mousse au chocolat mishap will be discovered...

On 5/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, InBangkok said:

On 5/19/2022 at 12:28 PM, Steve5380 said:

Here what you wrote Steve!

There was no lie by InBangkok on the amount of sex partners.

You mentioned it yourself:

On 4/25/2019 at 12:46 PM, Steve5380 said:

Since you are so curious,  let me see if I can remember...  I am in my 70s,  but, let me try...

Since the 20s,  I must have had a different sexual partner each week. so...

...  50 times 52...   Yes!   about 2,600 sexual partners.

Now you even confessed in your latest post that you had roughly 86 sex partners in your 14 days trips to Asia.

That makes an average of 5.75 sex partners per day during your Asia trips...

Hm, that makes your Chocolate Mousse episode very implausible, then where did you take the time apart from your sex...

While recommending others to seek psychological treatment, we probably can assume that you either went to a sex addiction self help group or tried also some counseling.

On 5/21/2022 at 2:23 PM, InBangkok said:

though that Hong Kong was also a democracy with elections even after 1997. It had autonomy

But the elections in Hong Kong did not follow the democratic procedures.

It was not following any of the usual election systems, when all seats are elected by the populate.

In Hong Kong only around 1/3 of the seats were elected in a popular vote.

And don't forget that candidates were often disallowed to run in an election by the Candidate Eligibility Review Committee. 

I don't think already after 1997 you were able to say that Hong Kong had 'free" elections.

This is very different to Taiwan.

On 5/24/2022 at 1:35 AM, singalion said:

That was my personal suspicion all the time, that the chocolate mousse was a euphemism for a mishap in a Sauna at Taipei I/O sauna in Taiwan...

Hopefully, Steve keeps a daily diary and later when InBangkok will work on Steve's memoires something titled like

"My 2600 sexcapades with Asian men", subtitle: "How I fought for the liberty of the Taiwanese during my life" the truth on the Mousse au chocolat mishap will be discovered...

On 5/24/2022 at 1:50 AM, singalion said:

Here what you wrote Steve!

There was no lie by InBangkok on the amount of sex partners.

You mentioned it yourself:

I admire your dedication digging into my 15,000 posts trying to find some dirt about me, and finding the post you quoted. Here is the complete post I wrote, in the thread "How Many Sex Partners Have You Ever Got" 

Since you are so curious,  let me see if I can remember...

I am in my 70s,  so my memory is fading rapidly and I barely remember my name ...  but, let me try...

I hope you like this number, and forgive me if it is slightly off...   my memory, you know.

In this thread, also a questionnaire, only 3% answered that they had more than 1,000 partners.  But ALL understood that my post was in jest.  Nobody believed that "I barely remember my name",  and 2,600 partners was a fantasy.  Otherwise, a bunch of replays to my post would have followed.

I like to post at BW because I find that the great majority of readers are smart, intelligent, educated.  But of course there is a tiny minority of dumb asses,  who have their skulls filled with rotten marshmallows instead of brain cells.  Members so primitive or so blinded by malice that they don't recognize a joke even when it even makes a toddler laugh.  Along the months I have identified @InBangkok to be one of them,  and now I see increased evidence that @singalion, the tenor who sings in duo with the former,  can also be blinded and unable to recognize humor. 

So... the giggle is ON ME!  It is not my business what you two think about my number of sex partners and my eating chocolate mousse in Taipei.  If you are so dumb like you appear to be,  I don't even want to know it. 

I might return one of these years to Taipei, to participate in the Gay Parade and to visit Aniki,  if it is still worth doing it. Meanwhile my attraction to chocolate mousse has not changed,  I bought some expensive one at the Kroger grocery store that left me disappointed.  But I am buying another half gallon of chocolate ice cream,  which is a good substitute. 

On 5/24/2022 at 1:57 AM, singalion said:

But the elections in Hong Kong did not follow the democratic procedures.

It was not following any of the usual election systems, when all seats are elected by the populate.

In Hong Kong only around 1/3 of the seats were elected in a popular vote.

And don't forget that candidates were often disallowed to run in an election by the Candidate Eligibility Review Committee. 

I don't think already after 1997 you were able to say that Hong Kong had 'free" elections.

This is very different to Taiwan.

You two "tenors" have no personal interests in Taiwan and are merely speculating.  I don't blame you, speculating is fun! But I on the other hand, follow the world events with humanitarian interest in the thriving of the good and positive, and I see this in today's Taiwan, a progressive country that will come far if left alone.  So I give a damn about your historical, political intrigues about this land and I fully support a self-governed Taiwan.  If the PRC freaks out about "independent", then it should accept "self-governed"  and keep its feet out of it.  If it is unable to do it,  I fully support a defending position of America around the island with its most powerful aircraft carrier groups and nuclear submarines in the world.

On 5/23/2022 at 11:40 PM, Why? said:

You could take some sheets of paper and fold them into nice little airplanes,  and throw them in the direction of Taiwan.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:17 AM, Steve5380 said:

Members so primitive or so blinded by malice that they don't recognize a joke even when it even makes a toddler laugh.

Are you so demented that you continue not to realise that whatever you have written in the past is a matter of public record and will sometimes be thrown back at you? And when will you realise that constantly saying over and over and over and over again that when something you wrote reappears and you don't like it, stating that you made it in jest is like a really old joke. There is never any indication that what you wrote was funny or intended to be so. That refrain is now merely a pain. Grow up!

On 5/26/2022 at 2:17 AM, Steve5380 said:

I might return one of these years to Taipei, to participate in the Gay Parade and to visit Aniki,  if it is still worth doing it. Meanwhile my attraction to chocolate mousse has not changed,  I bought some expensive one at the Kroger grocery store that left me disappointed.  But I am buying another half gallon of chocolate ice cream,  which is a good substitute. 

Well I may finally have the chance of seeing you as I have been a regular at the Gay Pride Parade over seven years, sometimes with my partner when he is free. We might even give you a very large chocolate mousse - but I won't say how we might give it to you. Hahahaha! Maybe we will enjoy a bit of fun and take a photo for other readers here also to enjoy the fun. Unfortunately it is highly unlikely that Taiwan will open to visitors in time for this year's Parade. So you will be in your 80s by the time you can get there.

Hopefully you will be hearty and fit as the Parade is several kilometres long and proceeds at quite a pace. As for thereafter popping into the Aniki gay sauna, you clearly have little interest in Taipei. Like Babylon in Bangkok it closed and died a long time ago. And before you go off on another rant and lie about my attending gay saunas, I repeat I have not been to one for over 16 years. If you really are interested in gay saunas and also in Asia, though, you clearly do not even read the travel section of this forum where there is a lot of important information about Asia's gay scene. So in the absence of Aniki, which Taipei gay sauna would you attend?

On 5/23/2022 at 8:53 PM, Steve5380 said:

US President Joe Biden likes to speak out his mind ... the US will militarily defend Taiwan from attacks.

You were too fast off the mark. That was another of Joe Biden's ad lib comments which is not true, as his cabinet members quickly made clear. There is no change in US policy re Taiwan.

Blah blah blah...

If the relevant historical facts that lead to the current situation of Taiwan have not come to you by hearsay,  by reading or hearing about...   then you are really an OLD, OLD man, at least a centenarian, ha ha.

And you are a disgrace in making that comment. Just because one poster who has lived in the region for 4 decades (for most of that time in China) knows a great deal more about the Taiwan situation than you who have never lived anywhere near Asia and are stuck in Houston, Texas, the only thing you can do is revert to type - trash the poster. Why you find it necessary to be so constantly crude and, yet again, so utterly childish is just ridiculous.

Edited by InBangkok

On 5/26/2022 at 3:17 AM, Steve5380 said:

I admire your dedication digging into my 15,000 posts trying to find some dirt about me, and finding the post you quoted. Here is the complete post I wrote, in the thread "How Many Sex Partners Have You Ever Got" 

Since you are so curious,  let me see if I can remember...

I am in my 70s,  so my memory is fading rapidly and I barely remember my name ...  but, let me try...

I hope you like this number, and forgive me if it is slightly off...   my memory, you know.

In this thread, also a questionnaire, only 3% answered that they had more than 1,000 partners.  But ALL understood that my post was in jest.  Nobody believed that "I barely remember my name",  and 2,600 partners was a fantasy.  Otherwise, a bunch of replays to my post would have followed.

There was no intention of digging out any "dirt".

How could I have done that when the post was from yourself.

If I intended to dig out some dirt then I would need to look through your house, computer and bank safe to find some dirt on you.

I simply quoted a post from you to debunk your claim that other Members here were spreading lies about you.

By the way, if two different persons from a similar cultural background cannot spot that your post was just humour, then tell us how people originating from a very different cultural background would be able to do so.

Everyone took your post for serious.

It might also just be now a late claim to say your post was meant in a "funny" way.

There are guys who even might have more than 2,600 sex partners a year.

We can only believe what you post on BW.

Please stop accusing other members of "spreading lies" when they do nothing else than quoting from your own posts.

That surely doesn't amount to spreading lies.

On 5/26/2022 at 3:17 AM, Steve5380 said:

I like to post at BW because I find that the great majority of readers are smart, intelligent, educated.  But of course there is a tiny minority of dumb asses,  who have their skulls filled with rotten marshmallows instead of brain cells.  Members so primitive or so blinded by malice that they don't recognize a joke even when it even makes a toddler laugh.  Along the months I have identified @InBangkok to be one of them,  and now I see increased evidence that @singalion, the tenor who sings in duo with the former,  can also be blinded and unable to recognize humor. 

Your insulting tone was also very disrespectful and surely not necessary (to create any sympathy to you for other BW readers) ...

The whole business of @Steve5380 insulting others - which he does regularly - is merely one of the tactics he employs when he cannot persuade others of his side of a discussion, even after doubling down often more than once. We know he thinks he is right all the time, but that is not enough for him. He has to show it. So when others do not agree, tactic 1 is doubling down. Tactic 2 is telling readers that he writes in fun and they are stupid for not realising it. If others still do not agree with him, Tactic 3 is then to trash the poster - often making assumptions on the basis of something he only thinks he has read but which in fact is a figment of his imagination and then spreading a lie. All this is FACT.

Regarding Taiwan, he really knows little about the reality of the massively complex past that has resulted in its present position re Beijing. Will he accept that he knows little? Absolutely not. When others write about the subject with far more knowledge and background, they are accused of having read it somewhere - this accompanied by "blah, blah blah." Poor @Steve5380, can never be wrong.

The sense of fun in his posting is never accompanied by anything that identifies it as funny or in jest. He is not like other posters. He expects readers to know when he is writing in jest - a totally impossible feat when there are 16,000 kms of distance between almost all other readers of this forum and @Steve5380 . But it is the cultural distance that is in fact worlds apart, although he will never acknowledge that. He is the expert even about countries he knows almost nothing about, and he is never wrong! It's all so funny!

But let's look at some of those posts, presumably made in jest.

1. He objects to Chinese being used in this forum. Instead he thinks that it is useful for native Chinese speakers to know a bit of German instead. Now that would be funny in a Singapore chat room if it were not in fact so insulting! 

2. He alleged be visited a sauna in Seoul and enjoyed the view of the city from the skyscraper 101. This was indeed very funny! As pointed out to him, Seoul had no skyscrapers of anything like this level until  a couple of years or so ago by which time he was no longer visiting gay saunas around Asia. When this joke was pointed out to him with one member pointing out that 101 is in Taipei and not in Seoul, he remembered that in fact he made a mistake. So it was not a joke after all! 

3. But he cannot leave it. He has to allege that he then remembers enjoying a "delicious chocolate mousse" while taking in the view from 101's observation deck. That must indeed have been a joke because the only eateries then at that level were very expensive Chinese restaurants where diners have to eat a meal. There is no snack facility. But we know @Steve5380 does not patronise "expensive restaurants". We know he prefers not to eat in restaurants at all if he can help it. And we know from a post when he took a young Singaporean he met in a gay sauna to an up-market Chinese restaurant (remember - it had table cloths and western cutlery laid out!) that he does not enjoy Chinese cuisine. Can it get any funnier than this?

4. Well, sadly it can. Only a few weeks ago he claimed he had been talking with a friend at his gym who had just returned from mountaineering in the Himalayas in Burma. Oh, this was so funny! First, he got the name of the country wrong as it has been for years named Myanmar. Second, he failed to realise that there are no Himalayan mountains in Myanmar. Third, there has been an army insurgency in Myanmar for 2 years and no visitor visas are issued. What he claimed was impossible. Naturally, when confronted with these facts, the story had to change and become more funny. It was no longer "Burma" but Nepal his friend had returned from. Aha! Definitely mountaineering country. But there was another problem. Those seeking to climb Nepal's mountains require government permits which means climbing in the official mountaineering season. And as that had not even started when his "friend" was allegedly in "Nepal", mountaineering must have been another of @Steve5380's funny jokes. 

So now that we know @Steve5380 posts in jest and we are all supposed to realise this, we can just laugh off whenever he posts.

As for his quoting Biden's gaffs about Taiwan, he was so quick off the mark to point out the major change in US policy in that it would definitely come to the aid of Taiwan if attacked by China, thereby overturning decades of US policy, @Steve5380 must himself have been laughing. But then it turned out to be  just one of old Biden's off-the-cuff remarks that his policy chiefs and cabinet confirmed isn't true. So @Steve5380 had to eat humble pie - unless, of course, he just copied Biden's remarks in jest. US policy has not changed towards Taiwan. Which is what several posters have been writing in this thread for weeks!

Edited by InBangkok

On 5/25/2022 at 10:32 PM, InBangkok said:

Are you so demented that you continue not to realise that whatever you have written in the past is a matter of public record and will sometimes be thrown back at you? And when will you realise that constantly saying over and over and over and over again that when something you wrote reappears and you don't like it, stating that you made it in jest is like a really old joke. There is never any indication that what you wrote was funny or intended to be so. That refrain is now merely a pain. Grow up!

My definition of 'demented' is to look through my many thousands of posts,  back and forth, up and down,  trying to find the most minuscule thing to "throw back at me".  What a waste of your time!  You may not have anything more useful to do!

Here it was my 2,600 sex partners!  A different one every week for 50 years!   It is sick, sick to claim that this was not a joke.  (to begin with, you are not a clairvoyant to be able to read intentions).  It is inconceivable that a serious person like me, shy as a young man with his first sex experience in his 20s, a head of family with wife and children for over a decade, in a loving relationship with his boyfriend for over two decades, never desperate for sex, ...  would have 2,600 sex partners!   It is difficult to imagine that you are so obtuse not to recognize the joke.  An alternative explanation is that you do it for malice, malevolence, a heavy grudge since your Big Tantrum.  

The other days I looked at your profile, where I can see all the posts you have written.  AMAZING!  The majority of your posts are "throw backs at me", the Steve smearing!!  This seems to be your raison d'etre here at BW!   What a shallow individual...

On 5/26/2022 at 3:48 AM, singalion said:

Everyone took your post for serious.

It might also just be now a late claim to say your post was meant in a "funny" way.

There are guys who even might have more than 2,600 sex partners a year.

We can only believe what you post on BW.

I find that you are not intrinsically a bad person, but you let yourself be poisoned by this other "tenor".

It is impossible for you to know that everyone took my post seriously.  Therefore you do post FALSITIES.

This makes easier to realize that your claim of guys who have more than 2,600 sex partners A YEAR is FALSE too. 

You denigrate yourself by saying that you have no brains,  that you believe everything what people post in a forum.

Go to this thread "How Many Sex Partners Have You Ever Got" and verify for yourself that NOBODY gave signs of believing that what I wrote was not a joke.  NOBODY took it seriously.

Only two "tenors" here WANT it to be meant seriously.  I don't understand why you two should care if I had 2,600 sex partners.  I would not care if any of you had 10,000 sex partners,  ha ha.  

And all this dirt you bring up is OFF TOPIC.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:32 PM, InBangkok said:

Well I may finally have the chance of seeing you as I have been a regular at the Gay Pride Parade over seven years, sometimes with my partner when he is free. We might even give you a very large chocolate mousse - but I won't say how we might give it to you.

And before you go off on another rant and lie about my attending gay saunas, I repeat I have not been to one for over 16 years.

When I am at the Gay Parade I will look for an older man in a wheel chair pushed by a younger man.  And we might meet.  I don't want to think of the "chocolate mousse" that comes out of you,  yuck!

Now you confirm that you went to gay saunas, but not in the last 16 years.  This may have coincided with you reaching middle age, losing all attraction so that nobody paid you attention anymore,  and you realized that to continue going to gay saunas was worthless.  Who knows how frequently you went before that!  I was not completely wrong when I estimated that you like gay saunas, I should have realized that you LIKED gay saunas.  Your Big Tantrum was not called for.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:28 AM, InBangkok said:

The sense of fun in his posting is never accompanied by anything that identifies it as funny or in jest.

---

But let's look at some of those posts, presumably made in jest.

1. Blah, blah, blah.   2. Blah, blah, blah. 3. Blah, blah, blah. 4. Blah, blah, blah.

So now that we know @Steve5380 posts in jest and we are all supposed to realise this, we can just laugh off whenever he posts.

Much of what I post is in seriousness, and some is in jest.  I have been confident that the intelligence of BW readers can distinguish between the two.   I had not imagined, and I still don't do,  that there are brain-less readers here.  So I find that what the "tenors" write here about my jest or no jest is a malevolent fabrication intended to put Steve down.  So I will not pay any more attention to this.  

On 5/26/2022 at 11:00 PM, Steve5380 said:

Go to this thread "How Many Sex Partners Have You Ever Got" and verify for yourself that NOBODY gave signs of believing that what I wrote was not a joke.  NOBODY took it seriously.

How can you say "Nobody took your post seriously" , when not any other person reacted to your post, quoted it, or commented it?

How can you draw this conclusion?

If everybody had taken your post as a joke then they had commented it it a humourous manner.

But nobody reacted to it at all. 

On 5/26/2022 at 6:28 PM, InBangkok said:

Only a few weeks ago he claimed he had been talking with a friend at his gym who had just returned from mountaineering in the Himalayas in Burma. Oh, this was so funny! First, he got the name of the country wrong as it has been for years named Myanmar. Second, he failed to realise that there are no Himalayan mountains in Myanmar. Third, there has been an army insurgency in Myanmar for 2 years and no visitor visas are issued.

Well his mountaineering friend could have smoked something in Myanmar and felt he was climbing the mount everest... while it was the gun fire of the military that caused the halluzinating state of that friend... 

Alert! I m joking!

On 5/26/2022 at 12:27 PM, singalion said:

Well his mountaineering friend could have smoked something in Myanmar and felt he was climbing the mount everest... while it was the gun fire of the military that caused the halluzinating state of that friend... 

Alert! I m joking!

I have the intelligence to recognize that you are joking.  You know perfectly well that I just mistakenly wrote "Burma" instead of "Nepal",  both words that I never use.  If the most powerful man in the world today,  Joe Biden, gets away with mistakes like that,  I have all the right to make such mistakes being just an insignificant citizen.  But that other "tenor", the pitiful resentful envious, only good for trivia individual who holds a big grudge against me, will jump at any little mistake of Steve and blow it up to ease his misery.  As I wrote before,  you should not let yourself be poisoned by such a loser.  Don't give up your dignity.

@Steve5380's responses merely illustrate the points so very clearly I have made. He is now in full trash mode.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:27 PM, Steve5380 said:

When I am at the Gay Parade I will look for an older man in a wheel chair pushed by a younger man.  And we might meet.  I don't want to think of the "chocolate mousse" that comes out of you,  yuck!

I am a good bit younger than @Steve5380. But of course that does not fit a trash narrative. So now I have become "an older man in a wheelchair" Oh @Steve5380 your trashing of other posters is so childishly obvious. And so funny! On which issue -

On 5/26/2022 at 10:27 PM, Steve5380 said:

Much of what I post is in seriousness, and some is in jest.  I have been confident that the intelligence of BW readers can distinguish between the two.

But that is not what you have written in the past - for you have said "much of what i post" is in jest. So there must be a schizophrenic @Steve5380 here. One who writes in jest and one who allegedly writes in "seriousness." But he never tells anyone which are which until he is tackled on them. And it is only the ones criticised by others that he later dumbs down and claims were in jest. So it is perfectly obvious that he only uses the "jest" defence as a penultimate resort. Just about every single time.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:56 AM, Steve5380 said:

You know perfectly well that I just mistakenly wrote "Burma" instead of "Nepal",  both words that I never use.

What?? You write "Burma" as a positive statement about the mountaineering travels of your friend - and yet you expect readers to "know perfectly well" that you meant "Nepal"? That is as ridiculous as remembering that 101 was in Seoul and not in Taipei! You write statements and then expect readers to know not only if they are in jest but also if they are true or not! This is a perfect illustration of how you cover up your mistakes. Myanmar is not Nepal and is not near Nepal. Even if it was Nepal, how is it possible for a friend to have been mountaineering in Nepal when the mountaineering season was not in fact open? Perhaps @Steve5380 will ask him and then tell us how the impossible became possible. 

On 5/26/2022 at 10:00 PM, Steve5380 said:

It is inconceivable that a serious person like me,

Serious? That simply does not tie in with your continuing claim as I have outlined above and in other poste in jest - and for readers to KNOW which are serious and which in jest! Please do not further insult the intelligence of readers. How is it possible for readers to see into your brain to know what is jest and what is serious? I find most of your posts on the Taiwan issue naive and quite funny. Were they serious or in jest? How is any reader to know? How much research had you done into the Taiwan issuee

Edited by InBangkok

On 5/26/2022 at 10:43 PM, InBangkok said:

@Steve5380's responses merely illustrate the points so very clearly I have made. He is now in full trash mode.

I am a good bit younger than @Steve5380. But of course that does not fit a trash narrative. So now I have become "an older man in a wheelchair" Oh @Steve5380 your trashing of other posters is so childishly obvious. And so funny! On which issue -

But that is not what you have written in the past - for you have said "much of what i post" is in jest. So there must be a schizophrenic @Steve5380 here. One who writes in jest and one who allegedly writes in "seriousness." But he never tells anyone which are which until he is tackled on them. And it is only the ones criticised by others that he later dumbs down and claims were in jest. So it is perfectly obvious that he only uses the "jest" defence as a penultimate resort. Just about every single time.

What?? You write "Burma" as a positive statement about the mountaineering travels of your friend - and yet you expect readers to "know perfectly well" that you meant "Nepal"? That is as ridiculous as remembering that 101 was in Seoul and not in Taipei! You write statements and then expect readers to know not only if they are in jest but also if they are true or not! This is a perfect illustration of how you cover up your mistakes. Myanmar is not Nepal and is not near Nepal. Even if it was Nepal, how is it possible for a friend to have been mountaineering in Nepal when the mountaineering season was not in fact open? Perhaps @Steve5380 will ask him and then tell us how the impossible became possible. 

Serious? That simply does not tie in with your continuing claim as I have outlined above and in other poste in jest - and for readers to KNOW which are serious and which in jest! Please do not further insult the intelligence of readers. How is it possible for readers to see into your brain to know what is jest and what is serious? I find most of your posts on the Taiwan issue naive and quite funny. Were they serious or in jest? How is any reader to know? How much research had you done into the Taiwan issue

This post of  @InBangkok is so fitting, giving that his whole working life was dedicated to the trivia of classical music.  Here he shows how he likes trivia, writing dumb things about me that are pure fantasy and completely... trivial!  With this he shows a mentality of a senile old man, no matter what his date of birth is,  which he carefully hides for obvious reasons.  He must be reaching what I haven't achieved, the 2nd childhood, behaving like a little kid.

All this started years ago when I assumed that he likes gay saunas.  His reaction to this was so intense, with so much anger, that I found no better definition for it than "Big Tantrum".  He left the site, and there was a nice period of peace.  I don't know why he came back, since all he can do now is to write dumb things about me full of idiocies.

I felt sorry at the time for his intense anger, the Big Tantrum that I had never expected and would never cause to anybody.  But time now confirms that this was none of my fault.  Just Tuesday he wrote that it is over 16 years since he has been in a sauna.   Interesting revelation.  This means that over 16 years ago HE WAS GOING to gay saunas.  And why would he go to gay saunas if he didn't like them?   Is he a masochist?   So I was totally right assuming that he likes, or liked gay saunas.  Not surprising, since he has such a good knowledge of them.  I like gay saunas too, so I have experience and I know that one does not lose the likeness for them just because the constellation of stars has changed.  SOMETHING made him LOSE the likeness for saunas.  And we gays know that this something is usually the loss of attractiveness that happens in many people when changing from young to middle-aged.  So this must be what happened to @InBangkok.   Poor individual.  This must be why he hates me now, because at 79 I haven't lost much of my attractiveness, and so he feels compelled to put me down.  This can go on indefinitely,  because I am not affected by these efforts of him.  I'm continuing to take them with humor,  to his frustration because in his primitive mind, a serious person cannot have humor.  Ha ha...

Instead of writing all his ridiculous nonsense peppered with several outright LIES, it is time @Steve5380 started behaving like the 79 year old he is instead of like a bawling child. It's odd in a Singapore=based forum with a mostly Asian readership, @Steve5380 fails to understand that old men are supposed to dispense wisdom.

I will just correct one comment. He states that i have spent my life "dedicated to the trivia of classical music." That's a lot of utter BS. I am an author who recently was in the UK for the publication of my latest book, as stated in an earlier thread.

He should also take his own advice as stated above -

On 5/26/2022 at 10:00 PM, Steve5380 said:

all this dirt you bring up is OFF TOPIC.

OFF TOPIC @Steve5380!

Edited by InBangkok

On 5/26/2022 at 11:33 PM, InBangkok said:

I am an author who recently was in the UK for the publication of my latest book, as stated in an earlier thread.

I wish you have some good editors who can catch all the lies and misinformation in your books before they are published. 

But on a second thought, this may not be necessary since you must be writing about fiction,  where lies and misinformation does not matter,  or classical music trivia,  where they are also trivial.

With all these threats to Taiwan from China and the threats with nuclear warheads by Russia, what can the world do?  Or rather,  what can AMERICA do?

I feel quite comforted that the US has a lot of DETERRENT power.  Comforting are the 14 babies that the US has around the world, that are attack nuclear submarines equipped with nuclear tipped ballistic missiles,  20 ones each.   The PRC has no way to know how many of these babies are swimming around in the China Sea.   

I also feel confident that the conventional ballistic missiles in these submarines may be replaced by hypersonic missiles in not a so distant a future.  This will be a further motivation for all parties that they won't be needed and used ever.   Here is a video about them:

And you think the USA is going to start a nuclear war by launching some of these "babies" as you childishly call them? Don't be so dumb! China and Russia came within a hair's breadth of launching nuclear weapons at each other in 1969. The USA did nothing then and will never launch a nuke at China whatever happens re Taiwan. Don't you even begin to realise that if the USA strikes China, the first thing China will then do is launch one of their now against the USA and USA's interests. Modern day diplomacy and international relations are intensely complicated, even although you assume everything is so simple in your eyes.

On 5/28/2022 at 5:04 AM, Steve5380 said:

I wish you have some good editors who can catch all the lies and misinformation in your books before they are published. 

Oh dear! Oh dear! There you go again, acting like a spoiled schoolchild instead of the 79 year old man you are - the more so when you have several times cited yourself as an example for the younger generation.

More lies. Sounds like you cannot stop. Just like mountaineering in the Himalayas in Burma, Seoul 101 actually being Taipei 101, chocolate mousse and other examples.

Grow up, old man and start behaving like your age.

And whilst I am at it, let me remind readers that as far as lies are concerned, it was you who first lied about myself and, worse, my partner about whom you know absolutely nothing. I accused you of lying and asked for an apology. You claimed you would apologise, but only if I apologised first for having lied about your lie! Talk about stupidity!

You have continued to lie about me in so many threads. One you ought to recall concerns my having written several times that I have lived in Asia for 4 decades. That is true. In one post - want me to quote it? - you then made up another lie about me spending 40 years as a slut spending all my time in gay bars and saunas. When I pointed out that I ran companies in Hong Kong until 2017, did you apologise? Of course not for you never do.

You wrote stating that you had made a natural assumption because I used the log in name here InBangkok. So, as you do so many, many times, you got it into your failing brain that 1+2 = 46. You merely ASSUMED I had lived in Bangkok for 40 years. Never once did you attempt to ask or check if this was the case. For so long, your befuddled brain has a maxim -  to misquote Descartes, "I  ASSUME THEREFORE IT IS"

Well, what you assume if very often totally untrue. If you had an ounce of humility you would realise this and start posting like a reasonable member of this forum. Ah, but no! That is expecting way too much, as an examination of your posts and your inability ever to accept that you are wrong so clearly illustrates. Why don't you just grow up?

Edited by InBangkok

On 5/28/2022 at 12:38 AM, InBangkok said:

And you think the USA is going to start a nuclear war by launching some of these "babies" as you childishly call them? Don't be so dumb!

Don't be so dumb!  (or malicious...)

Please learn to read, and see in my post that I wrote DETERRENT,  not attack.  All decent humans, me included, wish that these deadly weapons like the nuclear submarines I wrote about will never be used.

And stop trolling me with nasty posts!  I looked in your profile, and ALL your recent posts were nasty unsolicited replays my posts, all negative.  Let go of your grudges, old man, you already revealed that you frequented gay saunas, and you must have liked them.   GROW UP!

On 5/28/2022 at 9:24 PM, Steve5380 said:

you already revealed that you frequented gay saunas, and you must have liked them.   

You are such a liar! I have never said i DID not enjoy going to gay saunas but as quoted in the thread you referred back to it was more than 16 years ago since I ever visited one. You accused me of not just continuing to visit saunas in the posts ln that other thread, you brought my partner into your vile post when you know absolutely nothing about him and lied again. Then you made up the idiocy that I spent the last 40 years spending my time in gay bars and saunas in Bangkok. Another total LIE! As I have written - your maxim is so obvious in so many of your 15,000 (or whatever the number is) posts - I ASSUME THEREFORE IT IS TRUE! Well, old man, what you think might be true is most often false!

You make up so much and then attack those who try to contribute meaningfully. I provided a very cogent timeline of the issue regarding Taiwan. You have neither the desire, the knowledge nor the intelligence to reply meaningfully to it. All you were able to respond was 

Blah blah blah...

Well, that rather neatly sums up for all other readers your contribution to this thread.

On 5/28/2022 at 10:45 AM, InBangkok said:

You are such a liar! I have never said i DID not enjoy going to gay saunas but as quoted in the thread you referred back to it was more than 16 years ago since I ever visited one. You accused me of not just continuing to visit saunas in the posts ln that other thread, you brought my partner into your vile post when you know absolutely nothing about him and lied again.

Frankly, I remember little about those posts years ago.   So I was right that you enjoyed going to gay saunas. And you say that it has been some years since you visited one.  Well... it has been many years since I visited one too,  yet you  write about me like I spend my days in gay saunas.  

I was right about you,  but I was wrong about your partner?   How can I be wrong about partner when I know nothing about him?  From my perspective he may not even exist, a product of your imagination.  But... but if I wrote something that did hurt him, then... where is he?  Why you get involved?   Why doesn't he come here to nag and quarrel with me?  Why do you need to be the intermediary?  It seems that it is all in your head.

All this is completely weird and does not make any sense.  I might have to put you again on 'ignore' to hold this mess away from me.  I don't see how I can help you.

Edited by Steve5380

On 5/29/2022 at 5:06 AM, Steve5380 said:

Frankly, I remember little about those posts years ago.   So I was right that you enjoyed going to gay saunas. And you say that it has been some years since you visited one.  Well... it has been many years since I visited one too,  yet you  write about me like I spend my days in gay saunas.  

I was right about you,  but I was wrong about your partner?   How can I be wrong about partner when I know nothing about him?  From my perspective he may not even exist, a product of your imagination.  But... but if I wrote something that did hurt him, then... where is he?  Why you get involved?   Why doesn't he come here to nag and quarrel with me?  Why do you need to be the intermediary?  It seems that it is all in your head.

All this is completely weird and does not make any sense.  I might have to put you again on 'ignore' to hold this mess away from me.  I don't see how I can help you.

So once again you revert to type and deny what you actually said. Clearly you must be reminded. Almost 18 months ago I told you I had not been to a gay sauna for 15 years. I repeated that. You told everyone on this Board that you had visited Asia "around 30 times" and that your only reason for making these visits was to visit gay saunas. You have mentioned well over a dozen times that you come for sex tourism. And your last visit was not more than 5 years ago. There is no comparison between you and me. It was the LIE I objected to. And since then you have repeated the LIE.

And this is all so ridiculous considering you wrote in January last year "Your sex life is of no interest to me." Considering how often you return to the subject, not only is that untrue, you clearly have a fixation that is unhealthy! This is more true when we realise that you have written in dozens and dozens of posts about your appetite for attending gay saunas to meet young Asian boys to the exclusion of almost everything else you did in your 30 visits to Asia.

As for my partner, of course you knew nothing about him - but even knowing nothing you were perfectly happy to make accusations against him. That was an utter disgrace! Have I ever written anything about your late partner other than to offer my sympathy. NO! I know from what you have written how much you loved him and how much he meant to you. Well, I have the same feelings for my partner. Yet with no knowledge whatsoever you happily descend to the depths to accuse another poster's partner. In that case, you did not even have an assumption. You merely made up a LIE.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:24 PM, Steve5380 said:

I looked in your profile, and ALL your recent posts were nasty unsolicited replays my posts, all negative.

So now you have turned 180 degrees! When all the above controversy was going on, I asked you to check back on your posts to confirm that what i was writing about them was accurate. Your response?  "You confuse me with an [sic] CIA agent who investigates suspected people."  Your latest post is another of your childish pathetic jokes.

And still you vere away from the topic of Taiwan! Still we know no more about how it was remotely possible for you to enjoy your "delicious chocolate mousse" on the observation deck of Taipei 101 - which you had earlier stated was in Seoul! Further, you have still given no reasonable response to the points I made about the historical forces that have shaped the present situation about Taiwan other than to write "Blah ... blah ... blah!" Instead you discuss how you will visit Aniki sauna immediately after the visit you hope to make to the next Taipei Gay Pride Parade. Good luck, because as I pointed out my friends in Taiwan tell me it is highly unlikely non-Taiwanese will be permitted visas to visit the island in time for the next Parade. Similarly you will be disappointed when you try to visit a gay sauna that has been closed for nearly a year.

If you write reasonable posts and respond to others' posts in a reasoned and reasonable manner, there will be no reason for you to be the target for repetition of what you have written in the past. But that means being less self-centred and realising that you are writing in an forum based in Singapore for readers from a variety of mostly Asian nationalities - not one for those just based in Houston, Texas. 

Edited by InBangkok

On 5/27/2022 at 11:43 AM, InBangkok said:

Even if it was Nepal, how is it possible for a friend to have been mountaineering in Nepal when the mountaineering season was not in fact open? Perhaps Steve will ask him and then tell us how the impossible became possible. 

Everything is possible after Steve's friend met Yeti, he climbed the K2 and Everest at the same time. In the golden triangle you find halluzinating distractions... maybe chew some beetle nuts also...

😛

Same goes for Steve, when he bumps on his InBangkokian Yeti every day at BW. Nothing is impossible... it all will turn into intermittent Mousse au Chocolat...😂

On 5/29/2022 at 8:04 AM, singalion said:

Hey guys, Steve n InBangkok will you find the way back to Taiwan in this thread?

Please don't put me at the same level as this disruptor of threads.  I have been commenting about Taiwan all the time.  He has been beating chocolate mousse to the point of becoming a solid block, then tried to hit my head with it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.