Male HQ

Jogging at Macritchie

Sgboy35

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The last time I ran at MacRitchie was 4-5years back. With no more Covid19 restriction now, it's certainly refreshing to be back there to do my run.

Noticed a few changes, good and bad:

1. The lockers outside the men's changing/shower room are gone! 😖. Luckily, those near the kayak hunt are still around, albeit a little walk is required from the changing area. Heng ah. 

2. Canteen has closed down. No more quick fix like banana and 100+ after run. I did not notice if the 100+ vending machine that used to be located outside the men's changing is still there or not. Luckily, water cooler and refill stations are still available.

3. In the men's shower room, it used to have 2 rows of shower head, 3-4 shower heads at each row. I only see 4 shower heads in 1 row now. Have to wait for my turn to shower even though there wasn't many people showering this morning. 👎

With 2 rows of shower head last time, there wasn't enough space on the bench to put our stuff. But now, the bench can nice accommodate us. Just outside the shower area, they have put another bench there. Good move. 

4. The water pressure is strong. Love it. 🥰

5. The mirror is still there. That's good. 

I also see wild fowls and chickens there now. I could hear the sound of the chicken when I was running in the trail.

Oh yes.....I almost stepped onto a black colour snake just no!! It was still a baby (I guess) and it was travelling very fast from one side of the forest to the other. That's real close! 😓 

The weather was great this morning. Very windy and the sun wasn't strong during my run.

Glad to be back running at MacRitchie trail.😍

• 3 weeks later...

Part of the trail (nearer to Lornie Rd side) has been closed. Perhaps there is fallen tree inside. Got to derail to the boardwalk.

Even then, there is a small section of the boardwalk is impacted by a fallen tree. Luckily, NPark set up something to lift up the tree so that runner/walker can pass through.

Hot day today. Thanks to the canoe boys for sharing shower heads.🥰😍

I hope NPark will reinstall the 100plus vending machine outside the male changing room. 

20 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Part of the trail (nearer to Lornie Rd side) has been closed. Perhaps there is fallen tree inside. Got to derail to the boardwalk.

Even then, there is a small section of the boardwalk is impacted by a fallen tree. Luckily, NPark set up something to lift up the tree so that runner/walker can pass through.

Hot day today. Thanks to the canoe boys for sharing shower heads.🥰😍

I hope NPark will reinstall the 100plus vending machine outside the male changing room. 

Share shower heads ar? Mmmmm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.