Male HQ

This bee stung/bit me in McR... Anyone can identify this bee and if its sting is dangerous?

Luciusc

Was just minding my business in McR, and this bee-looking thing sneaked into my back and stung me. I never even took off my shirt.

I managed to pull it out when I felt a sharp, sudden excruciating pain on my back. Here's the picture of the culprit:

250225807_20220505_183952(1).thumb.jpg.6a64aef0026af52e918f706abbe6a351.jpg

Here's the sting mark, the protruding red mark. Had already applied ointment. (Man this looks funny, this is the back of my left shoulder, not my ass lol):

20220506_022439.thumb.jpg.c2b08260306a2fa69d9f32f57893c014.jpg

Well so anyway, what is that bee? And is its sting dangerous?

I feel ok so far besides the pain on that spot... wondering if it will swell up in the next few days or lead to any other side effect.

Thank you

Edited by Luciusc

Hi, purely based on my experience with the types of sting I have encountered (bearing in mind that different ppl react to insect stings differently)

1) honey bee is the mildest - usually localised pain upon getting stung. Pain will not linger much. 

2) Wasp: Very common in nature places. (Your pic looks like one too but I’m not so sure). More painful than honey bee and it will cause localised swelling and pain might linger for a couple of hours.

3) hornet: most painful of all: can cause nasty swelling and pain can linger for more than a day. 

Usually if you are allergic to it, the reaction should occur within the same day. But ya, monitor for the next day or so.

just curious, your pic of the sting mark seems to show something sharp protruding. Hope it’s not?

take care!

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

On 5/6/2022 at 8:32 PM, Coolbriz said:

Hi, purely based on my experience with the types of sting I have encountered (bearing in mind that different ppl react to insect stings differently)

1) honey bee is the mildest - usually localised pain upon getting stung. Pain will not linger much. 

2) Wasp: Very common in nature places. (Your pic looks like one too but I’m not so sure). More painful than honey bee and it will cause localised swelling and pain might linger for a couple of hours.

3) hornet: most painful of all: can cause nasty swelling and pain can linger for more than a day. 

Usually if you are allergic to it, the reaction should occur within the same day. But ya, monitor for the next day or so.

just curious, your pic of the sting mark seems to show something sharp protruding. Hope it’s not?

take care!

So far today no other reaction 👍

(The forum somehow shrunk my images' resolution) - The wasp/bee is entirely black except for one yellow line on the top of its abdomen. I'd guess it's a wasp too.

Regarding the sting mark, I don't feel any sharp protrusion. My family member also didn't see any "needle" stuck inside.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:10 PM, Luciusc said:

So far today no other reaction 👍

(The forum somehow shrunk my images' resolution) - The wasp/bee is entirely black except for one yellow line on the top of its abdomen. I'd guess it's a wasp too.

Regarding the sting mark, I don't feel any sharp protrusion. My family member also didn't see any "needle" stuck inside.

Good to hear that 👍. By right, if it’s wasp, then shouldn’t have stinger left behind. I’m just curious as the image seems to show otherwise. It’s good then.

Be cool, like a breeze...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.