Male HQ

Singapore Gay Drama - Getaway (compiled)

Guest Hawt Sia

Guest Try and see
On 7/10/2022 at 1:41 PM, Guest Guest said:

is it nice? havent watched at all

It's a light-hearted gay drama, not the heavy-going, serious, intense type.

If that's your kind of gay drama, give it a go.

On 7/10/2022 at 1:52 PM, Guest Try and see said:

It's a light-hearted gay drama, not the heavy-going, serious, intense type.

If that's your kind of gay drama, give it a go.

I loved it! Finished all 5 episodes! Waiting for season 2. Hope they add MORE episodes if season 2 happens. 

Guest ffffffff
On 7/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, Guest Try and see said:

Yeah man! I went online to check. That Siam Hotel that Sam stayed in costs about S$700 per night. And that's only the cheapest room!

If you choose the suite, it can go up to S$1,500 per night!

Anyway, in the show, presumably, after Sam reconciled with his dad, the dad must have paid for his hotel stay as his way of saying sorry to Sam. 

In ep 1, it seems like Sam's dad is very wealthy, judging by the house they lived in. So he definitely can afford it. And Sam probably is not poor either, being a rich man's only child (guy seems to have no other siblings).

For Top, he didn't stay in the hotel. He merely went there everyday to visit Sam, so it's free for him! Lucky guy!

The  runaway stayed there a week? Nearly 10k. All those posh meals, yummy 😋

His dad never screamed at him, lol. I know I'm not supposed to take it seriously. 

But if he stayed back packers. I'll find the story more believable.

Guest ffffffff
On 7/1/2022 at 9:37 PM, Guest Try and see said:

I don't know if this is a fair assessment to make, but I notice that in quite a few movies and TV series with one or more gay protagonists, they are always portrayed as being very rich and smart, with stable, successful careers and an incredible amount of free time (like the characters in Crazy Rich Asians).

So if their family cannot accept them, or if they get their heart broken in a gay relationship, just hop on a plane and fly to another city/country 😄

Reality, however, is never quite like that.

And I'm not sure if that kind of glamourous portrayal of us gay guys is really helpful or harmful.

All these wealthy depictions all fantasy and product placements. Even my loaded friends also go for bargains.

The earlier series on heartland homos, I can relate better. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Watched the episodes and have the following thoughts:

- Sean's acting is really bad except the scene where he kept saying he's not worthy (sounds like he was acting as himself)

- too much blatant product placement especially the captions showing where the location is, this is a drama or advertisement?!

- Sean's character is so rich and privileged, run away to a fancy hotel in Bangkok and his life revolves around the hotel

- the story feels one dimensional

Like some people said, I think the previous series done was actually better.

• 2 weeks later...
Getaway-World-Film-Carnival-1084x567.jpg

Getaway Wins 7 Awards At The World Film Carnival Including Best Series

Getaway wins big at the World Film Carnival, including Best LGBT Film, Best Series, Best Producer and more

August 4, 2022

Dear Straight People,

Getaway, Singapore’s first gay BL web drama series, managed to edge out competition from all over the world to win the grand prize in 4 major categories:

• Best LGBT Film
  • Best Producer
  • Best Series
  • Best Web & New Media.
3-1024x1024.jpg 4-1024x1024.jpg 5-1024x1024.jpg

In addition, Getaway received Outstanding Achievement accolades in 3 categories:

• Best Debut Filmmaker
  • Best Actor
  • Best Supporting Actor.
6-1024x1024.jpg 7-1024x1024.jpg 8-1024x1024.jpg

This brings Getaway’s haul at the World Film Carnival to a total of 7 awards!

You can binge the entire 1st season of Getaway for free on Dear Straight People’s YouTube channel. YouTube channel!

If you would like to see a 2nd season of Getaway, do consider contributing to our crowdfunding campaign here.

SUPPORT GETAWAY’S CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN HERE

If you like what you read, follow Dear Straight People on Facebook, Instagram via @DearStraightPeopleIG and do subscribe to us on our YouTube channel!

Guest Try and see
On 8/8/2022 at 4:30 PM, GachiMuchi said:
Getaway-World-Film-Carnival-1084x567.jpg

Getaway Wins 7 Awards At The World Film Carnival Including Best Series

Getaway wins big at the World Film Carnival, including Best LGBT Film, Best Series, Best Producer and more

August 4, 2022

Dear Straight People,

Getaway, Singapore’s first gay BL web drama series, managed to edge out competition from all over the world to win the grand prize in 4 major categories:

• Best LGBT Film
  • Best Producer
  • Best Series
  • Best Web & New Media.
3-1024x1024.jpg 4-1024x1024.jpg 5-1024x1024.jpg

In addition, Getaway received Outstanding Achievement accolades in 3 categories:

• Best Debut Filmmaker
  • Best Actor
  • Best Supporting Actor.
6-1024x1024.jpg 7-1024x1024.jpg 8-1024x1024.jpg

This brings Getaway’s haul at the World Film Carnival to a total of 7 awards!

You can binge the entire 1st season of Getaway for free on Dear Straight People’s YouTube channel. YouTube channel!

If you would like to see a 2nd season of Getaway, do consider contributing to our crowdfunding campaign here.

SUPPORT GETAWAY’S CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN HERE

If you like what you read, follow Dear Straight People on Facebook, Instagram via @DearStraightPeopleIG and do subscribe to us on our YouTube channel!

Wow!!! Congratulations!!!!

Amazing!!! 👏👏👏👍

• 6 months later...
12 hours ago, fab said:

wow mediacorpse nominated this series. is it a sign that they are opening up? I watched this series and must say they did a pretty good job. it must be pretty hard to find sponsors during these times so must commend them for making this at all.

one little step forward!

12 hours ago, Cookieeee Monster said:

Where can I watch this drama pls.

You can watch the entire series on YouTube.

First episode over 1 million views already, quite impressive.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.