Male HQ

Monkeypox Virus Discussion (Racist & Idiotic post will be removed)

Guest Monkey Pox Beware

with some knowledge n background in medicine, the below article rings the scary true of a man going through the symptoms of MP.

besides, the frustrations he mentioned in getting help from the authority is rather testing too. but that was in NY.

i wonder here in sinagpore, the warded patients are given what medication? but at least they are taken in and cared for.

all the reports so far were too vague. almost nothing is reported.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/23/i-literally-screamed-out-loud-in-pain-my-two-weeks-of-monkeypox-hell

Edited by mith

Vaccines are extremely limited. Even for US, they only have enough for 20% of people eligible. After adjusting per million population, US has 8 times more cases than Sg. Even for them, recommendation is to post vaccinate contacts exposed to known cases, which is exactly what Sg is doing.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/27/health/monkeypox-vaccine-health-wen-wellness/index.html

"CNN: Should everyone try to get the monkeypox vaccine?

Wen: No. First of all, the monkeypox vaccine is extremely limited right now. About 600,000 doses of the two-dose vaccine have been delivered thus far, much less than the 1.5 million to 1.6 million people the CDC says are eligible.

**Those who should definitely get the vaccine are those with known exposure to someone with monkeypox.** If given within four days of exposure, the vaccine can prevent someone from developing monkeypox. If given within two weeks, it lessens the likelihood of progression to severe illness.

Soon, I hope there will be enough vaccine so that people in high-risk groups are able to access it."

Screenshot_20220808-070829_Photo Editor.jpg

Edited by PlayersGroup

On 8/8/2022 at 7:23 AM, mith said:

besides, the frustrations he mentioned in getting help from the authority is rather testing too. but that was in NY.

i wonder here in sinagpore, the warded patients are given what medication? but at least they are taken in and cared for.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/23/i-literally-screamed-out-loud-in-pain-my-two-weeks-of-monkeypox-hell

"When New York Pride festivities kicked off on 24 June, I was aware that monkeypox was an emerging issue – especially for gay men – but I was also under the impression that the number of cases in the city was relatively small. What I didn’t understand was how absolutely dismal testing capacity was: at that point, the city only had capacity to process ten tests a day.

I had sex with several guys over the weekend. Then a week later, on 1 July, I started feeling very fatigued. I had a high fever with chills and muscle aches, and my lymph nodes were so swollen they were protruding two inches out of my throat..."

Scary suffering. I wonder what is the testing capacity in Sg. Please refrain from high risk places and high risk activities thinking our cases are small.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:36 AM, PlayersGroup said:
Vaccines are extremely limited. Even for US, they only have enough for 20% of people eligible. After adjusting per million population, US has 8 times more cases than Sg. Even for them, recommendation is to post vaccinate contacts exposed to known cases, which is exactly what Sg is doing.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/27/health/monkeypox-vaccine-health-wen-wellness/index.html

"CNN: Should everyone try to get the monkeypox vaccine?

Wen: No. First of all, the monkeypox vaccine is extremely limited right now. About 600,000 doses of the two-dose vaccine have been delivered thus far, much less than the 1.5 million to 1.6 million people the CDC says are eligible.

**Those who should definitely get the vaccine are those with known exposure to someone with monkeypox.** If given within four days of exposure, the vaccine can prevent someone from developing monkeypox. If given within two weeks, it lessens the likelihood of progression to severe illness.

Soon, I hope there will be enough vaccine so that people in high-risk groups are able to access it."

Screenshot_20220808-070829_Photo Editor.jpg

thanks... very informative. 

i wish our media, esp the official ones are more open to report. 

on the part of isolation and containment before MP becomes endemic... i couldn't agree more. i believe our govt is already on track in this. 

On 8/8/2022 at 7:59 AM, PlayersGroup said:

"When New York Pride festivities kicked off on 24 June, I was aware that monkeypox was an emerging issue – especially for gay men – but I was also under the impression that the number of cases in the city was relatively small. What I didn’t understand was how absolutely dismal testing capacity was: at that point, the city only had capacity to process ten tests a day.

I had sex with several guys over the weekend. Then a week later, on 1 July, I started feeling very fatigued. I had a high fever with chills and muscle aches, and my lymph nodes were so swollen they were protruding two inches out of my throat..."

Scary suffering. I wonder what is the testing capacity in Sg. Please refrain from high risk places and high risk activities thinking our cases are small.

not forgeting "the anal lesions has escalated into open wounds!" imagine the inconvenient and pain.

but after he gets the small pox medication, his blisters and boils quickly dried up and scabbed, in 3 days. 

we still have small pox med in storage i hope.  

On 8/8/2022 at 8:05 AM, mith said:

not forgeting "the anal lesions has escalated into open wounds!" imagine the inconvenient and pain.

but after he gets the small pox medication, his blisters and boils quickly dried up and scabbed, in 3 days. 

we still have small pox med in storage i hope.  

To me, i got spooked by the scratching everywhere itch, then the screaming pain which made him had to wash the wounds over 2 hours plus the arthritis and shin bone pain unable to stand. That level of pain would impede ability to function at all.

A very significant number who had monkeypox also have HIV and other STDs. To me, having one increases risks of getting others because of the lesions and the clustering of people, totally not worth the orgasms.

Guest Guest

CNN: Should everyone try to get the monkeypox vaccine?

And who is this "Wen" to make recommendations? Is she a politician? A senator? A governor? Noooo .. she is just a CNN Medical Analyst, an emergency physician and professor of health policy and management at the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health.

After adjusting per million population, US has 8 times more cases than Sg. Even for them, recommendation is to post vaccinate contacts exposed to known cases, which is exactly what Sg is doing.

Excuse me? "Even for them, recommendation is to post vaccinate contacts exposed to known cases, which is exactly what Sg is doing"?

If MPV is not making me sick, this type of sucking up attitude definitely is. Sg is giving the vaccine to post-contacts cases because Sg may not even have the choice to do anything otherwise, since Sg may not even have gotten enough of the vaccine to go around in the first place.

As a matter of fact, as of 5 July, MOH is still only weighing monkeypox vaccination for workers at higher risk. Mind you, they are not giving the vaccine to workers at higher risks during that time, and they were definitely not giving it to the public then. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/monkeypox-vaccination-prevention-outbreak-parliament-janil-puthucheary-2790176

To see this type of posts so early in the morning really makes me sick.  To think someone here is still singing the praises of the very people who are leaving us in the gay community to rot in the midst of the MPV pandemic, just like how it left us to the risk of COVID death by opening up economy big and wide for all viruses to come in.

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 8:21 AM, PlayersGroup said:

To me, i got spooked by the scratching everywhere itch, then the screaming pain which made him had to wash the wounds over 2 hours plus the arthritis and shin bone pain unable to stand. That level of pain would impede ability to function at all.

A very significant number who had monkeypox also have HIV and other STDs. To me, having one increases risks of getting others because of the lesions and the clustering of people, totally not worth the orgasms.

But yet, after all the "spooking", you are still not "spooked" enough and you still suck up to the Sg government by claiming that it is doing a wonderful job in keeping the virus "contained", and you further make it sound as if the Americans are doing things the exact "Singaporean way".

People like you will still remain happy WHEN you get the virus. Go fxxk off and stop taking whatever drug you have been feeding yourself with. You might still have a chance to grow a brain after that.

On 8/8/2022 at 8:29 AM, Guest Guest said:

To see this type of posts so early in the morning really makes me sick.  To think someone here is still singing the praises of the very people who are leaving us in the gay community to rot in the midst of the MPV pandemic, just like how it left us to the risk of COVID death by opening up economy big and wide for all viruses to come in.

You can scream and shout in bright red and win arguments as an anonymous guest account. You can say I suck up or an absolute asshole or make any number of false accusations n blame me or authorities for everything. I completely understand you although I don't reqlly want to waste my time. You are entitled to your opinion even if I find your responses quarrelsome, some a bit misguided, and on accusing authorities in Sg not giving ppl in Bukit Merah BCG shots quite foolish because BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35 if you read the link I shared.

Fact is, and deal with it,  there is not enough monkeypox vaccines going around for many or all countries, US and Singapore included. As far as I can see, the response right now in view of limited vaccines is correct. Ideally everything is as we want it, but this is not an ideal world. 

Edited by PlayersGroup

On 8/8/2022 at 8:36 AM, Guest Guest said:

People like you will still remain happy WHEN you get the virus. Go fxxk off and stop taking whatever drug you have been feeding yourself with. You might still have a chance to grow a brain after that.

You are actually right, for once. If I really get the virus, I will try to remain happy because I did all that is necessary to avoid it.

Blaming others is not a healthy response psychologically because it takes away our agency, our ability and willingness to do what is within our own control. It is only good if the blame is justified and you are advocating for justice and a good social cause, which I hope is what you actually want to do although you do it in a way that I cannot completely agree with.

I will go take my meds and grow a brain, you should chill a bit.

Guest Guest
On 8/7/2022 at 7:23 PM, mith said:

with some knowledge n background in medicine, the below article rings the scary true of a man going through the symptoms of MP.

all the reports so far were too vague. almost nothing is reported.

I find it very hard to feel sympathy with this guy who is complaining about all the things everybody else has done wrong . Fact is, he works in sexual health, he knew exactly what monkey pox was, that it was circulating (he says so in the article) and he still went and fucked around at pride. Which is fine. But cry me a river of you then catch it. 

On 8/8/2022 at 9:21 AM, Guest Guest said:

I find it very hard to feel sympathy with this guy who is complaining about all the things everybody else has done wrong . Fact is, he works in sexual health, he knew exactly what monkey pox was, that it was circulating (he says so in the article) and he still went and fucked around at pride. 

I totally agree here. And this was end June, thing has started in end May, no excuse.

But I still find his suffering quite poor thing la. And I'm sure as hell I don't want to get monkeypox.

Edited by PlayersGroup

Guest Guest
On 8/7/2022 at 9:29 PM, PlayersGroup said:

I totally agree here.

But I still find his suffering quite poor thing la. And I'm sure as hell I don't want to get monkeypox.

totally! I don’t want to get it, so I have modified my behaviour to think with big head first. 

Guest Guest

On 8/8/2022 at 8:43 AM, PlayersGroup said:

You can scream and shout in bright red and win arguments as an anonymous guest account. You can say I suck up or an absolute asshole or make any number of false accusations n blame me or authorities for everything. I completely understand you although I don't reqlly want to waste my time. You are entitled to your opinion even if I find your responses quarrelsome, some a bit misguided, and on accusing authorities in Sg not giving ppl in Bukit Merah BCG shots quite foolish because BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35 if you read the link I shared.

So what if BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35? 170 cases of TB found in a single HDB block and you are happy that all the government did was to do the screening? Do you know how long is the incubation period of TB? If TB disease does develop, it can occur two to three months after infection or years later. As a matter of fact, the first TB case in Bukit Merah was detected as early as Feb 2021 last year before 170 cases were detected in June 2022 this year. https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-is-tuberculosis-more-contagious-than-covid-19 

You still think the government is doing a good job in controlling all these infectious diseases? Where did all these 170 cases go and where have they been during all this time while they were infected? What was the government doing for that 1.5 year before that handful of cases in 2021 exploded into 170 cases in 2022? The Bukit Merah cluster is a potential ticking timebomb for Singapore right now. 

So again, so what if BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35? Are you going to hide behind your lousy excuse that "BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35" and therefore allow the government to continue to do nothing?? It took years and decades before Singapore managed to keep TB in check within Singapore. And all these past efforts were destroyed within a couple of years simply because there are people like you who keeps sucking up to the government by telling everyone that they are doing a good job in controlling the COVID, TB and now MPV. WTF! 

On 8/8/2022 at 8:43 AM, PlayersGroup said:

Fact is, and deal with it,  there is not enough monkeypox vaccines going around for many or all countries, US and Singapore included. As far as I can see, the response right now in view of limited vaccines is correct. Ideally everything is as we want it, but this is not an ideal world. 

Did Singapore even bother to get any vaccines to help, not just the high risk workers, but the general public? There was a worldwide shortage of the COVID vaccine last time and yet, Singapore was among the first to get it in the past. But when it comes to MPV, a supposedly "gay" disease, the entire community gets left in the lurch. And you are still praising them and agree that Singapore is doing a good job in controlling the breakout? 

Yeah, the TB situation in Singapore is another good example whereby the government literally gives up and call it a "endemic". 

TB is curable. But there are those who develope drug resistant to first-line anti-TB drugs.

Which is why I am surprised that more effort isn't spent on eradicating it in Singapore with increase screening for foreigners. 

"Over the past 16 years, the TB incidence rate in Singapore has remained between 30 and 40 per 100,000 people." You do the math and tell me, how many are there, walking around in Singapore with latent TB?

Then you add those foreigners who bring their whole ching bang gang to Singapore and increase that pool of TB sufferers into Singapore.

Citation of Tuberculosis among Foreign-born Persons, Singapore, 2000–2009: "This proportion increased from 25.5% in 2004 to 37.6% in 2009. Unskilled workers from countries with high incidences of TB accounted for the highest number of and greatest increase in foreign-born TB case-patients."

This is another ticking time bomb.

Guest Shuddup la

Why don't you all go join MOH or be politicians le? Or join nursing le. 

Forum warrior. Talk big.

No action. 

Just know how clap and cheer for Health are worker. But don't know shit. Complain this and that. 

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, Guest Shuddup la said:

Forum warrior. Talk big.

No action. 

Just know how clap and cheer for Health are worker. But don't know shit. Complain this and that. 

u leh? Why don't you all go join MHA or be policemen le?

Policing here, policing there. Talk big.

No action. 

Just know how to complain about people's facts. But don't know shit. Complain this and that. 

On 8/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, Guest Shuddup la said:

Forum warrior. Talk big.

No action. 

You do know this is a discussion forum, right?

Do we all have to take up that field of job if we find something lacking in that Ministry?

Utter poppycock.

Our health is us to take care of. Just because the government gives up on us, doesn't mean we have to throw up our hands in dispair. If you have nothing to add, then just slink away.

On 8/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, Guest Guest said:

Did Singapore even bother to get any vaccines to help, not just the high risk workers, but the general public? There was a worldwide shortage of the COVID vaccine last time and yet, Singapore was among the first to get it in the past. But when it comes to MPV, a supposedly "gay" disease, the entire community gets left in the lurch. And you are still praising them and agree that Singapore is doing a good job in controlling the breakout? 

I concur. I think if the Singapore government wants to, they can get the Monkeypox vaccine.

They did not because they could not be bothered.

Whether it's because they think it's a gay STD or they have no more resources or other excuses, they are still dragging their feet on this issue.

So, now that we know the position that Singapore govrnemnt has taken, which is no monkeypox vaccine is coming in any time soon, best to be extra careful and practice sensible safe distancing.

While it is not airbourne, it can be spread through contact with another infected person or infected surfaces like linen and towels.

Maybe should start considering getting the vaccine from neighbouring countries, like Bangkok.

I know the vaccine requires two dose. So two visits? 

Edited by superflawless

"Mandelman, who got up at 4:30 a.m. and waited for hours before getting his vaccine shot days earlier, is frustrated with the rollout.

A sign reads 'Monkeypox vaccines here' at San Francisco hospital on August 2022.

Link to CNN ARTICLE

"After having come through a pandemic where we were able to discover a new vaccine, [and] distribute tens of millions of doses within a matter of months, the fact that with an existing known vaccine we cannot get more than these paltry little dribbles out is very frustrating to people," he said."

He isn't wrong.
The vaccine for the Monkeypox is NOT a new vaccine but an existing one.
So how can the roll out for the Covid vaccine be faster than the existing Smallpox/Monkeypox vaccine?

It doesn't make sense.
And if it doesn't make sense, what is the plausible reason?

I say, it's because the authorities feel that it's a "Gay" disease.
So those in power cannot be bothered.
Which is exactly the case here in Singapore.

I personally am not fearful of the disease because I can control myself.

I will not have sex with anyone and remain celibate during this time.

I will be extra careful and not expose myself to surfaces that could be infected.

This is all I can control, even if there's no vaccine.

What I fear is, this virus will spread past the initial group of gay men and into the general population.

The public have no scruples or qualms. They still think it's a disease they cannot get.

So when they develope Monkeypox, the stigma and the backlash against our community will be swift and severe.

We tried to warn them (the government) to take steps but they refused. Just like those four doctors tried to warn the government about the face mask mandate but this administration refused to listen. They are not only obtuse but highly reactive.

They react but have no foresight.

Only when things happen, and then you react, you are already too slow.

Edited by superflawless

Guest Just go get it

Singapore gay care more about a virus that most of the community won't get. 

But don't care about the basic right that affects all the community. 

Go fight for our gay rights la. All your keyboard warrior. Copy paste news article. 

Giving your clicks and view to media website who then generate income from ad revenue. 

Stupid really stupid. 

Best is get it and get it over and done with 

On 8/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, Guest Guest said:

You still think the government is doing a good job in controlling all these infectious diseases?  

So again, so what if BCG should be only given once and not to ppl over 35? Are you going to ... allow the government to continue to do nothing?? 

For discussion's sake, I have deleted your accusations that I'm praising n sucking up and WTF and exclamationmarks, it's very distracting to me from the core of your arguments.

It may be news to you, TB has always been endemic in Singapore and the world, it was never eradicated. There were 10 million cases worldwide n 1 million with multidrug resistant strain. 

Read up on what is the protocol before we accuse nothing is done:

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/update-on-tuberculosis-situation-in-singapore-2021#:~:text=TB is endemic in Singapore,the 1%2C398 cases in 2019.

Now to your assertion they do nothing the past 1.5 years. Do you know what they were doing? I don't know, i dont pretend to know. I don't think you know too, so it is an assumption they did nothing. I have had friends who got TB. They went for testing at CDC n warded if positive. Screening is not nothing or wayang, it identifies those with TB for treatment. You cannot treat without screening.

Whether they did enough, that's debatable. If they had, why would it grow to 107 cases? Valid question. Should we treat even those with latent TB even if non-infectious? Valid question. (https://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/treatment/decideltbi.htm)

Before this get sidetracked into a TB discussion, my point is, recognise the difference between an opinion, an assumption and objective fact. It is also another assumption nothing is done to secure vaccines, it is an assumption is because they don't care cos it's a gay problem. I'm ok with having assumptions, asking valid questions and having an opinion if they are fast or slow, proactive or reactive. Just recognise our favorite personal theory is not fact. 

I'm not sure if paranoia about "ticking time bombs" (there are many ticking time bombs right now in the world) and making accusations without fact is helpful. It applies to TB, to chickens, to monkeypox.

Edited by PlayersGroup

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, PlayersGroup said:

Whether they did enough, that's debatable. If they had, why would it grow to 107 cases? Valid question. Should we treat even those with latent TB even if non-infectious? Valid question. (https://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/treatment/decideltbi.htm)

You keep talking about 107 cases. Looking at your past history of whitewashing the government, I am not sure if this is a deliberate understating of the numbers or an unintentional mistake. For the record, the Ministry of Health (MOH) announced on June 24 that about 170 people at 2 Jalan Bukit Merah tested positive for tuberculosis (TB). (https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-is-tuberculosis-more-contagious-than-covid-19 )

On 8/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, PlayersGroup said:

Now to your assertion they do nothing the past 1.5 years. Do you know what they were doing? I don't know, i dont pretend to know. I don't think you know too, so it is an assumption they did nothing.

Good to see that you are finally beaten into a retreat with your admission that you "I don't know, i dont pretend to know"  with "what they were doing".

Isn't this exactly the same thing with the monkeypox situation now? Aren't you trying to pretend that you know what they are doing, when you keep praising their actions about how they are dealing with it?

Yes, you were sucking up. And that makes it completely troll-worthy! So practice what you preach and "just recognise (Y)our favorite personal theory is not fact."

Guest You be gahmen
On 8/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, Guest Guest said:

You keep talking about 107 cases. Looking at your past history of whitewashing the government, I am not sure if this is a deliberate understating of the numbers or an unintentional mistake. For the record, the Ministry of Health (MOH) announced on June 24 that about 170 people at 2 Jalan Bukit Merah tested positive for tuberculosis (TB). (https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-is-tuberculosis-more-contagious-than-covid-19 )

Good to see that you are finally beaten into a retreat with your admission that you "I don't know, i dont pretend to know"  with "what they were doing".

Isn't this exactly the same thing with the monkeypox situation now? Aren't you trying to pretend that you know what they are doing, when you keep praising their actions about how they are dealing with it?

Yes, you were sucking up. And that makes it completely troll-worthy! So practice what you preach and "just recognise (Y)our favorite personal theory is not fact."

Then you be government? 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, Guest Guest said:

Thank you for pointing out it's 170, not 107 cases. 

Yes, my theory is not fact, it's not hard to accept.

If you think I'm retreating, sucking up, you may believe so. I see it as they are doing what is correct and supported by evidence based on the current situation. I see it being factual, being fair and giving credit where credit is due, acknowledging effort of what was already done.

Thank you for acknowledging my posts were troll-worthy. But do you have anything else new to add on monkeypox?

Edited by PlayersGroup

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 12:01 PM, PlayersGroup said:

Thank you for pointing out it's 170, not 107 cases. 

Yes, my theory is not fact, it's not hard to accept.

If you think I'm retreating, sucking up, you may believe so. I see it as they are doing what is correct and supported by evidence based on the current situation. I see it being factual, being fair and giving credit where credit is due, acknowledging effort of what was already done.

Thank you for acknowledging my posts were troll-worthy. But do you have anything else new to add on monkeypox?

Oh! So you "see it being factual, being fair and giving credit where credit is due, acknowledging effort of what was already done."?

Were you also "being fair and giving credit criticism where credit criticism is due, acknowledging LACK OF effort of what was already NOT done"? Or are you here just to suck and crony up to people just because they are in power?

And by the way, you don't seem to have much to add on to the monkeypox too, yeah? The pot is calling the kettle black a bit too much, isn't it?

On 8/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, Guest You be gahmen said:

Then you be government? 

If some people cannot govern, then they should just step down instead of trying to pretend that they are even doing any type of governing.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:12 PM, Guest Guest said:

Were you also "being fair and giving credit criticism where credit criticism is due, acknowledging LACK OF effort of what was already NOT done"?

If the feedback is level headed and based on sound reason, I don't see why not. Criticism without fact is not "criticism when it is due". Alleging lack of effort without fact is not "acknowledging" real lack of effort. 

Example, I think if up to me all TB latent cases should be treated. I think for monkeypox,  high-risk places like gay saunas should be closed for now. I think vaccination should be offered at AFA, publicized at the saunas. I disagree with 377A and it should be repealed.

But I am a nobody, I'm not in power. I'm not sure if there are wider considerations reasons why these are not done. Is it because there really is a lack of monkeypox vaccines even if you want to buy them? Is it not to jeopardise stigmatise businesses based on sexual orientation of clients. Is it because TB is endemic and the more resources needed elsewhere? I do not know, so I am more inclined to state my opinion as opinion, rather than claim people who disagree with me as deficient. 

On governing. I don't think anyone is perfect and know every solution before things happen. It is easier to find fault than to govern. Whatever is done, one side or the other or some third group may jump to criticism. 

If I see good alternative voices I will support. Unfortunately, and im not referring to you, some (not all) alternative voices who think they are very smart overestimate themselves and spread a lot of fake news, disinformation and ill-will. I cannot support them in the name of balance, I think they are harmful for the country.

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, PlayersGroup said:

Example, I think if up to me all TB latent cases should be treated. I think for monkeypox,  high-risk places like gay saunas should be closed for now. I think vaccination should be offered at AFA, publicized at the saunas.

But ... but  ...but ..... weren't you just singing the praises of the government as to how well it is keeping the monkeypox cases in check?? But yet, you yourself can come up with ideas of how things can be done so much better! Hahahahaha!

But I am a nobody, I'm not in power. I'm not sure if there are wider considerations reasons why these are not done.

Yes, you are indeed nobody, and you are indeed not in power. And on top of that, and you are also indeed not sure if there are wider considerations why these are not done. So, is this your excuse to just go ahead and be the ass-kissing, boot-licking brown-noser to go sing their praises for everything they have done? You got to be blind to see that they are hardly doing ANYTHING to control the potential monkeypox outbreak. Even the detection of the infected was captured only because the patients went to see the doctors themselves, including the first case of the infected British air crew who flew into Singapore undetected. And so far, what has the contact tracers done t stem the spread? Even the single linked case was found because he went to see the doctor, and not because of the contact tracers. 

If I see good alternative voices I will support. Unfortunately, and im not referring to you, some (not all) alternative voices who think they are very smart overestimate themselves and spread a lot of fake news, disinformation and ill-will. I cannot support them in the name of balance, I think they are harmful for the country.

Oh please...... You think I care for any of your acknowledgement or support. What's there to be so "unfortunate" about? . :rolleyes: I am only here to troll those eyesore posts from the ass-kissing, boot-licking, brown-nosing likes of you, who will just praise the administration for anything and everything they have done, even while they left the LGBT community in the lurch, and I am only talking about this time with their sorry lack of actions to control the monkeypox situation in the community. 

On 8/8/2022 at 3:32 PM, Guest Guest said:

I am only here to troll those eyesore posts from the ass-kissing, boot-licking, brown-nosing likes of you, who will just praise the administration for anything and everything they have done, even while they left the LGBT community in the lurch...

Of course cases are identified at clinics by doctors. Contact tracing is only as good as the info given by the patients, which is tough for MSM. The people in our community need to step out and seek help if they are unwell.

We also need to encourage our people to provide accurate info of their contacts for contact tracing to work. Promoting distrust of the health authorities at this point does not help in preventing spread, it worsens the spread. You cannot want the authorities to do more but in every breath rubbish their effort and undermine their work just to satisfy your aim to troll those you regard as eyesores and bootlickers.

Edited by PlayersGroup

We can only trust the health care authorities if there is transparency.

As of today, the MOH is still saying "There are no specific proven or safe treatments or vaccines available for monkeypox infection. "

Link Here

This run contra to what the New York State Health Department's online memo on the vaccine for Monkeypox.

"If given before exposure or within 4 days of exposure, JYNNEOS may reduce the chance of infection."

"If given between 5 and 14 days after exposure, it may lower the severity of symptoms."

Link New York Health Authority

FDA states : "JYNNEOS is the only FDA-licensed vaccine in the United States that is approved for prevention of monkeypox disease."

Link Here

On 8/8/2022 at 4:32 PM, superflawless said:

We can only trust the health care authorities if there is transparency.

As of today, the MOH is still saying "There are no specific proven or safe treatments or vaccines available for monkeypox infection. "

Link Here

This is the current wording from US CDC: "Currently there is no treatment approved specifically for monkeypox virus infections. However, antivirals developed for use in patients with smallpox may prove beneficial against monkeypox."

This is what MOH says:

Monkeypox is typically a self-limiting illness, with symptoms usually resolving spontaneously within 14-21 days. There are no specific proven or safe treatments or vaccines available for monkeypox infection. Treatment is typically symptomatic and supportive. Vaccines and antiviral medication are also currently being developed and studied for use in the prevention and treatment for monkeypox.

I would gather from both the wording  that the medication help manage the symptoms, but not treat monkeypox itself because it goes away on its own. I do not think it is a matter of lack of transparency that warrants mistrust of health authorities.

If we find the wording unclear, write to them, suggest a change or adjustment of wording. Engagement, not accusation.

I just found this list of FAQ by MOH:

https://ask.gov.sg/agency/moh?topics=Monkeypox

Edited by PlayersGroup

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 4:02 PM, PlayersGroup said:

Promoting distrust of the health authorities at this point does not help in preventing spread, it worsens the spread. You cannot want the authorities to do more but in every breath rubbish their effort and undermine their work just to satisfy your aim to troll those you regard as eyesores and bootlickers.

And you think promoting blind faith in the health authorities is not going to worsen the spread? Furthermore, nobody can rubbish any of their effort when there is ...

Basically No Effort Marissa Rachel GIF - Basically No Effort Marissa Rachel Shanna Lisa GIFs

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 4:56 PM, PlayersGroup said:

I would gather from both the wording  that the medication help manage the symptoms, but not treat monkeypox itself because it goes away on its own.

Can you clarify the purpose of the statement above? Is this one of your justification for the lack of efforts by the authorities - to let the LGBT community 自生自灭 and go endemic living again, since monkeypox itself "goes away on its own"? Excuse me, what are you trying to say there?

On 8/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, Guest Guest said:

And you think promoting blind faith in the health authorities is not going to worsen the spread? Furthermore, nobody can rubbish any of their effort when there is basically no effort.

No, I do not think promoting trust of the health authorities will worsen the spread. It will help people get diagnosed and quarantined quicker.

Yes, promoting distrust definitely worsens it.

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 5:16 PM, PlayersGroup said:

No, I do not think promoting trust of the health authorities will worsen the spread. It will help people get diagnosed and quarantined quicker.

Yes, promoting distrust definitely worsens it.

115 Trust Quotes to Help Yo Build Trust | Keep Inspiring Me

On 8/8/2022 at 5:15 PM, Guest Guest said:

to let the LGBT community 自生自灭

I do not think that is anyone's hope in terms of monkeypox management. Singapore is too small for that kind of narrow thinking. It can spill over to the wider community if not checked.

You can believe otherwise. I believe more in 自业自得。Good will give rise to good, be it in thought, speech or actions.

Guest Guest
On 8/8/2022 at 5:27 PM, PlayersGroup said:

I do not think that is anyone's hope in terms of monkeypox management. Singapore is too small for that kind of narrow thinking. It can spill over to the wider community if not checked.

You can believe otherwise. I believe more in 自业自得。Good will give rise to good, be it in thought, speech or actions.

Yes, 自业自得. So, please refresh my memory and tell me what exactly "good, be it in thought, speech or actions" has been done to "check" anything now?

Basically No Effort Marissa Rachel GIF - Basically No Effort Marissa Rachel Shanna Lisa GIFs

Latest figures. Selected all the affected Asian countries, n NZ n Australia cos they are nearer, and some of the most affected European countries.

UK n US because we have many tourists/expats from these two places.

This thing can easily mushroom with its long incubation period if we arent careful. Stay aware and safe ppl.

Screenshot_20220809-200359_Chrome.jpg

So, I'm trying to adhere to BW's guidelines and only post on relevant threads and dont spam/irritate uninterested people in other threads, but I find it necessary to share my view  in case people interested to know, and give them the choice to click to reach here if only they want.

I do go sauna (during ordinary times). In fact, I quite like the ambience.

But to say the risk is ALMOST ZERO I think is ill-advised. Canada had about 2.65 cases per million ppl 2 months ago, roughly the same as how  Singapore is now (2.75 per million).

Currently, slightly more than 2 months later, Canada now has 25 per million ppl, or 6 times the world average.

And just so we know, Canada has population density of 4 people per square km. Singapore has more than 8300 people per square km. Which country runs a higher risk of a bigger outbreak if people are not being careful?

We all know what the sauna is like. We know the guidelines on monkeypox transmission and whether the behaviour in there qualifies. I humbly disagree, i think the risk is quite surely  not "almost zero" in saunas.

Edited by PlayersGroup

On 8/9/2022 at 8:57 PM, PlayersGroup said:

So, I'm trying to adhere to BW's guidelines and only post on relevant threads and dont spam/irritate uninterested people in other threads, but I find it necessary to share my view  in case people interested to know, and give them the choice to click to reach here if only they want.

I do go sauna (during ordinary times). In fact, I quite like the ambience.

But to say the risk is ALMOST ZERO I think is ill-advised. Canada had about 2.65 cases per million ppl 2 months ago, roughly the same as how  Singapore is now (2.75 per million).

Currently, slightly more than 2 months later, Canada now has 25 per million ppl, or 6 times the world average.

And just so we know, Canada has population density of 4 people per square km. Singapore has more than 8300 people per square km. 

We all know what the sauna is like. We know the guidelines on monkeypox transmission and whether the behaviour in there qualifies. I humbly disagree, i think the risk is quite surely  not "almost zero" in saunas.

I still go to sauna. But good thing, I hope it is, is I only go there with fixed buddies, and no longer go for "buffet". Do with just 1 person for hours, and leave together after. Hopefully that minimises any risk. Oh, I do wipe down the mattress with antibac everytime. 

Guest Give it a rest
On 8/9/2022 at 9:03 AM, EuropeanTraveller said:

Hiding behind the screen helps.

Best protection again all diseases.

also a great way to show the world you are a total moron, based on reading your post history. 

On 8/9/2022 at 9:03 PM, EuropeanTraveller said:

It is true. In fact, if you read the guidelines by different countries, using screens for gratification, for now, is one way to stop the spread. Not asking to become celibate forever.

I love sex. But for now, sticking to a few regulars.

Guest Pox here pox there

If love sex so much, just voluntarily get monkey pox la. 

USA used to have poz chaser. Hiv chaser. People who specifically look for hiv+ to poz them.. 

Same thing la. If can't help it, then voluntarily seek out positive cases to pox you la. 

Hahaha. 

On 8/9/2022 at 9:03 PM, EuropeanTraveller said:

Thank you for proving to everyone what so many have mentioned before, that foreign trash like you are only here in Singapore for your own personal joy, entertainment and benefit. At the end of the day, if anything goes wrong, all you need to do is to pack your bags and fly home, while the citizens will have to clean up the shit you have pooped all over.

On 8/9/2022 at 9:19 PM, Saggiboy said:

I still go to sauna. But good thing, I hope it is, is I only go there with fixed buddies, and no longer go for "buffet". Do with just 1 person for hours, and leave together after. Hopefully that minimises any risk. Oh, I do wipe down the mattress with antibac everytime. 

Hope you're not using the issued towels. Not sure how clean they are.

And I'm impressed you're so confident and trusting that your regulars don't regularly fuck around themselves.

Guest Whywhy

What's the situation now?

Why is there no more reporting from the government?

Do we really have no new cases after everyone came back from a long weekend trip?

The silence of this thread is also surprising. 

On 8/17/2022 at 8:05 PM, sgmaven said:

Why do you jump to the conclusion that it is bestiality? We all know that dogs like to lick people, and the virus is spread through body fluids. Couldn't it just be that the dog licked the lesions on his owners and got the monkey pox that way? Please be sensible, and not jump to conclusions!

Ignore him, he's just wants to say something provocative. Sounds like so many kopitiam uncles who obviously have the brain to critically acknowledge different perspectives to an issue but just choose to proclaim the most narrow minded and simplistic view just to get a reaction. 

Earlier in the thread I was bewildered why some kept insisting on acknowledging that mpx could be passed through means other than sex. To me that was commonsense, and what was more pressing was calling for more prudent sexual behaviour.  But now I see why even such common sense needs to be repeated like a litany. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.