Male HQ

How many eggs u eat per week?

Guest Green Lantern

It is not so long ago that eating more than one egg a day was considered bad because of the cholesterol in egg yolks. It was believed this would increase the chance of plaque build-up in the heart arteries. Recent research has discovered that this may not be true. Most studies seem to agree that one or two eggs a day is beneficial for most healthy people. 4 a day seems excessive. Moderation is always a good maxim to follow.

2 per day, 8 per week. 2 eggs split across 2 prepped meals, 4 times of gym per week. Other days, I generally eat eggs too, but don't keep track of them. If I had to give a figure, I'd say around 12. 

Eggs are a fantastic source of protein and lecithin. As pointed out by @InBangkok they are not as bad as made out previously as we now understand way more about the risks of cardiovascular disease and the small role that healthy cholesterol play. Studies showed 14 eggs per week on average to be healthy. Some people burning high calories and using the eggs they consume to build muscle , imho, are also not at increased risk. When it comes to food and diet, it is all about common sense. 

Guest Why troll?
On 5/31/2022 at 11:18 PM, Why? said:

I prefer raw.  Cooked eggs have no nutritional value. 

Are you trolling or just stupid? Hard to tell from your posts. 

Guest huh?
On 6/1/2022 at 8:37 AM, Guest Why troll? said:

Are you trolling or just stupid? Hard to tell from your posts. 

Which part is trolling?   I ate raw eggs and raw vegetables too.  Everything that is heavily heated will lost most of its essential vitamins.  Especially vitamin C, which cannot take heat. 

Guest Why troll?
On 6/1/2022 at 8:57 AM, Guest huh? said:

Which part is trolling?   I ate raw eggs and raw vegetables too.  Everything that is heavily heated will lost most of its essential vitamins.  Especially vitamin C, which cannot take heat. 

as I said, it is either trolling or stupidity. You say you are not trolling, but your comments are completely wrong - so therefore it is stupidity.

1) eggs don’t contain vitamin C

http://didyouknowstuff.com/an-egg-contains-every-vitamin-except-vitamin-c

2) “… drinking or eating raw eggs offers no major advantages over eating poached or boiled eggs. Despite raw eggs containing slightly more nutrients, the nutrients in cooked eggs are in fact easier for your body to digest and absorb”

https://www.australianeggs.org.au/facts-and-tips/eating-raw-eggs

please educate yourself before posting such nonsense. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, I read that we human being evolved very fast from our ancestor since the discovery of fire. Cooked food is easier to digest and easily produce alot of energy for our evolution and energy to support brain. I read that eating raw egg over a long period will cause biotin deficiency.

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2022 at 1:25 PM, Sh3rlock said:

Eggs are a fantastic source of protein and lecithin. As pointed out by @InBangkok they are not as bad as made out previously as we now understand way more about the risks of cardiovascular disease and the small role that healthy cholesterol play. Studies showed 14 eggs per week on average to be healthy. Some people burning high calories and using the eggs they consume to build muscle , imho, are also not at increased risk. When it comes to food and diet, it is all about common sense. 

@Sh3rlockThanks for the excellent nutritional updates.

I take 14 eggs a week either hard boiled or half boiled.

Edited by Yuquidam2022

The egg yoke contains lutein, vitamin A, C and E, zeaxanthin (a carotenoid) and zinc which are all crucial for eye health. Vitamin A protects the cornea.

When it comes to foods that enhanced eye health, eggs are excellent and score well. The nutrients combined to give excellent protection against macula degeneration.

But wouldn't go so far as to say eggs could prevent floaters or cataract that comes with age. With healthier eyes, hopefully, floaters and cataract could be delayed or less acute.

Edited by Yuquidam2022

On 5/31/2022 at 1:25 PM, Sh3rlock said:

But note you consume eggs also through other means like many noodle dishes (Hor Fun), rice dishes (nasi goreng, Yu Chou fried rice...) or other food has egg content.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.