Male HQ

Anyone still working from home

Guest Wfh simi lai

Guest Try and see
On 6/11/2022 at 10:51 AM, Chubbytop said:

My new job still let us work from home...no desk allocated for us in the office.

I think moving forward post-pandemic, more companies will do that in order to cut costs.

Me too.

Not enough work station. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest guest

I am quite surprise that even though govt announced no need to wfh, but still can find many companies still practise wfh arrangement. Like 2 days office, 3 days wfh vice vs. But too bad my company resume 100% wfo.

Guest Guest
On 6/11/2022 at 4:21 PM, Guest guest said:

I am quite surprise that even though govt announced no need to wfh, but still can find many companies still practise wfh arrangement. Like 2 days office, 3 days wfh vice vs. But too bad my company resume 100% wfo.

Nothing to be surprised, most big companies are practising hybrid work arrangement.

Guest study from home?

WFH is a failed experiment.

if workers can be productive and effective working from home....

then kids .... can also be productive and effective learning from home....

but we all know that it's impossible.

or taking exam from home. how did that turn out? lawyer cheated in their bar exam...

human will misbehave if they are unsupervised. thats a fact

I'm still working from home. My senior partner had talked about getting a new office space several times, but everyone seems to favor WFH and meet once a week at a hotel conference room. I think at some point, we will get an office again, but probably scaled down since not everyone is going to be in the office full time. 

Love. 

I would think that WFH is here to stay but there might be some repercussions to it.

First, is the rental of office location...with WFH in effect, many companies might opt for smaller office instead of bigger office...soon, we might see many offices spaces not being rented out. 

Second, since WFH, that means there will be more network usage at home and soon ppl will complain network slow...blah blah blah...if there is an network outage on any of the telco...many will complain although it gives them temp relief from work.

Lastly, taking exam from home got its good n bad...for me, I did try to take certification online and there are many regulations to follow, the proctor need to ensure a clear desk policy....no handphone, no TV, no notes...taken in a quiet environment with stable Internet. At least u dun need to spend time travelling to exam location and waiting to go in.

Guest New Norm
On 6/11/2022 at 11:08 AM, Guest Try and see said:

I think moving forward post-pandemic, more companies will do that in order to cut costs.

People are now used to it. Pandemic has changed mindset.  The "Great Resignation" sign is on the horizon, if company insist on workers going to office. 

Guest Try and see
On 6/12/2022 at 9:59 AM, Guest New Norm said:

People are now used to it. Pandemic has changed mindset.  The "Great Resignation" sign is on the horizon, if company insist on workers going to office. 

In my case, it's my boss who forced me to WFH  🤣

Guest Guest
On 6/11/2022 at 8:41 PM, Guest study from home? said:

or taking exam from home. how did that turn out? lawyer cheated in their bar exam...

human will misbehave if they are unsupervised. thats a fact

Last time (many donkey years ago), when I was still schooling, I noticed that those who were likely to be top students for their exams were those who studied at home (on their own), while those who stayed back to study with their friends in the library, canteen, fast food chains etc. were not the top students (general speaking and observation nia ah).

Not sure if this is still the observation these days .... 

Guest Guest
On 6/11/2022 at 8:41 PM, Guest study from home? said:

Impossible? Maybe only you.

Most of my friends and colleagues, including myself, are more productive and finish more work while WFH. Can sleep in more, less distractions and plan your time better.

Guest Depend on management

Govt sector still hybrid arrangement

Most private sectors are back 100% except for the tech companies, they need to show off that WFH is still plausible. Public transport are jammed pack during peak hours, hotels are flooded with angmos etc. Guess only a minority still allow WFH, unfortunately moi company is old school mentality and the bosses want to see everyone's faces back in the office.

Guest Guest
On 6/12/2022 at 10:14 AM, Guest Guest said:

Last time (many donkey years ago), when I was still schooling, I noticed that those who were likely to be top students for their exams were those who studied at home (on their own), while those who stayed back to study with their friends in the library, canteen, fast food chains etc. were not the top students (general speaking and observation nia ah).

Not sure if this is still the observation these days .... 

This is true and I noticed it also.

Usually, it's the pai kias and ah lians who like to study with friends, and they always end up chit-chatting, gossiping, listening to music, playing games, etc.

The truly smart and disciplined kids never study with their friends, because they know its pitfalls.

But that being said, I'm not sure if this analogy can apply to the concept of WFH.

Guest Guest
On 6/12/2022 at 10:40 AM, Guest Guest said:

This is true and I noticed it also.

Usually, it's the pai kias and ah lians who like to study with friends, and they always end up chit-chatting, gossiping, listening to music, playing games, etc.

The truly smart and disciplined kids never study with their friends, because they know its pitfalls.

But that being said, I'm not sure if this analogy can apply to the concept of WFH.

Not directly related to WFH ... because "Guest study from home?" above said:

Cheers!

:)

Guest banker
On 6/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, Guest Depend on management said:

Govt sector still hybrid arrangement

Most private sectors are back 100% except for the tech companies, they need to show off that WFH is still plausible. Public transport are jammed pack during peak hours, hotels are flooded with angmos etc. Guess only a minority still allow WFH, unfortunately moi company is old school mentality and the bosses want to see everyone's faces back in the office.

Almost all the banks and FIs i know are on hybrid arrangement.

Guest Guest
On 6/12/2022 at 10:04 AM, Guest Try and see said:

In my case, it's my boss who forced me to WFH  🤣

On 6/12/2022 at 10:35 AM, Guest Typical said:

Probably local boss.  

No leh, usually local boss will insist that their staff come into office everyday.

Guest guest
On 6/12/2022 at 8:53 AM, bluerunner said:

On hybrid model. 
At the end of the day, I will spend more at in office. 
I suspect the option of WFH is going to be removed some day. 

Right now there is no mandate law that say company must provide WFH arrangement or no need to provide WFH. So i find such arrangement will continue as of now, it is up to the individual company, no right no wrong. I notice those company who still allow WFH now, usually the bosses who make decision on this, they themselves also like to WFH, that's why they still allowed such arrangement to continue. Those bosses who like to go back office to work, and do not like WFH idea, once the govt announced no more WFH and can go back office 100%, they quickly remove the WFH arrangement and ask all their staff to go back office 100%.

Guest guest
On 6/12/2022 at 12:46 PM, Guest Guest said:

No leh, usually local boss will insist that their staff come into office everyday.

What do you mean by local boss? If my company is MNC but the MD and HR is run by sporeans, it is consider local boss?

Guest guest
On 6/12/2022 at 4:02 PM, yy02 said:

Work in tech company, still WFH.

If my company suddenly mandates everyone to return to office, I think a lot of them would quit.

Will your boss care if a lot of them would quit if they ask everyone to return to office? My company boss would not bother if people were to quit because of this.

Guest I am talented
On 6/12/2022 at 4:13 PM, Guest guest said:

Will your boss care if a lot of them would quit if they ask everyone to return to office? My company boss would not bother if people were to quit because of this.

Because your company got no talent staff?  If got talented staff, the boss will try all means to retain them.  It is also a good excuse for boss to start office cleansing as excuse to rid unwanted performers .

On 6/13/2022 at 1:50 PM, fetish72 said:

I still wfh as i have to do conferrence meeting wee till early morning due time different  and I can choose to work from home.

Lucky you. I'd kill to have your job. 

Guest guest
On 6/13/2022 at 12:58 PM, Guest I am talented said:

Because your company got no talent staff?  If got talented staff, the boss will try all means to retain them.  It is also a good excuse for boss to start office cleansing as excuse to rid unwanted performers .

Maybe the bosses in my company believe that no one need to depend on anyone, and the world can still continue to turn. So even the most talent staff leave the company, the company would not closed down. So my bosses would not get ''threatened'' by any resignees.

Guest guest
On 6/13/2022 at 1:50 PM, fetish72 said:

I still wfh as i have to do conferrence meeting wee till early morning due time different  and I can choose to work from home.

If your job require to do meeting at wee hours, then WFH arrangement is better and practical.

On 6/13/2022 at 1:56 PM, notd said:

Lucky you. I'd kill to have your job. 

You'd best kill yourself first before taking a job that requires conferencing from the small hours of the morning till the next morning before returning to work from dawn to evening. Do you ever get any sleep? Too much late-night conference and meetings with American peers drove a friend of mine to resign. Her husband complain no sexual life at all. After she quitted,  she pumped out a dozen kids. She is a slut if not working.

Edited by Why?

On 6/13/2022 at 10:09 PM, Why? said:

You'd best kill yourself first before taking a job that requires conferencing from the small hours of the morning till the next morning before returning to work from dawn to evening. Do you ever get any sleep? Too much late-night conference and meetings with American peers drove a friend of mine to resign. Her husband complain no sexual life at all. After she quitted,  she pumped out a dozen kids. She is a slut if not working.

Except I'm not a she, am not married, have no kids, and have worked in different timezones before. No need for you to tell me what working remotely and attending telcons entail.  

Guest Wfh simi lai

Alot of people died meh? 1397 only what. 

Working from home is a farce la. 

People don't even work in office. Always on phone etc. You think they will work when at home. 

Please la. Wake up idea. 

Guest Peterpan

My boss recently went to look for office space as the current lease is expiring soon. To his amazement, there is an office space glut and may prime office spaces are asking for rentals much lower than pre-covid days. It appears that many companies have scaled down need for office spaces which is likely resultant of staff still preferring to work from home. Or is there a recession causing offices to shut down ?

Guest GUEST
On 6/14/2022 at 12:03 PM, Guest Wfh simi lai said:

Alot of people died meh? 1397 only what. 

Working from home is a farce la. 

People don't even work in office. Always on phone etc. You think they will work when at home. 

Please la. Wake up idea. 

WFH definitely is nonsense. Like you said, people in office also don't work most of the time and do their own stuff at their table, or even dare to go long lunch break. WFH simply just another extra given annual leave that they do their own things 100%. LOL.

On 6/14/2022 at 9:43 AM, Guest GUEST said:

WFH definitely is nonsense. Like you said, people in office also don't work most of the time and do their own stuff at their table, or even dare to go long lunch break. WFH simply just another extra given annual leave that they do their own things 100%. LOL.

Yes, boss

Guest Home is not a workplace

Yes. We have a colleague who WFH didn't login for zoom meeting. Reason... 

He overslept. 

For a 10 am zoom meeting. 

Enough said la. 

Wfh is good n I am still on it for 2 days every week. 

Public transports are too crowded n with heavy road traffic is better to opt for wfh. Virus is still there as someone mentioned it's not the ending of the pandemic, so wfh lorrrr.....

On 6/15/2022 at 8:19 AM, cutejack said:

Public transports are too crowded n with heavy road traffic is better to opt for wfh. Virus is still there as someone mentioned it's not the ending of the pandemic, so wfh lorrrr.....

My sentiments too.

Guest guest
On 6/15/2022 at 12:00 AM, Guest Home is not a workplace said:

Yes. We have a colleague who WFH didn't login for zoom meeting. Reason... 

He overslept. 

For a 10 am zoom meeting. 

Enough said la. 

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Guest
On 6/15/2022 at 8:19 AM, cutejack said:

WFH can only possible if the decision maker in your company agrees as well. If not whole company would go back to office, no more WFH.

Guest Fatty

If my company suddenly mandates everyone to return to office, I think a lot of them would quit.

It’s ok because retrenchment is coming 

Guest guest
On 6/16/2022 at 7:19 AM, Guest Fatty said:

It’s ok because retrenchment is coming 

Retrenchment equal recession? When? Even during past 2 years of covid, there is no recession also. Everyone is spending like no tomorrow, coe and property shoot up.

• 5 weeks later...

I’m in a tech-lite role and am thinking of doing something more deep tech .. it’s kinda nice to know that at least one tech company has a wfh policy lol.

If you don’t mind sharing, may I know what tech role are you in?

A licensed gay realtor

Guest guest
On 7/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, mate69 said:

Yes still wfh

Curious now govt already announced WFH is no longer default and 100% workforce can go back office, why companies still allow their staff to continue WFH? It is because the company bosses also like to WFH, so they continue to allow WFH arrangement?

On 7/16/2022 at 11:11 AM, Guest guest said:

Curious now govt already announced WFH is no longer default and 100% workforce can go back office, why companies still allow their staff to continue WFH? It is because the company bosses also like to WFH, so they continue to allow WFH arrangement?

Welfare lol

Cannot force if not lots will quit

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.