Male HQ

Why some guys like to take long walks

Guest Bobochacha

I LOVE long walks. I think if you like getting to know a person and enjoy meaningful convos, long walks are the best for that. And they're kinda therapeutic too!

Guest lameeeeee

if u like the person going on a long walk is like having a buddy/cheerleader/support system with you.

if the person is not ur type, its like going on a long walk with constipation . its torture. long. can't wait to get home and just shit away

Long walk itself is indeed therapeutic as it lets you slow down your otherwise fast-paced lifestyle here and to walk with someone you enjoy being with is a “we time” where all else’s around you and him melt away in the background. You wouldn’t even notice how fast time has passed. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

I also enjoy long walks, and I did plenty of this in all my visits to Singapore.  For example, I would walk from the Queen Resort gay barracks where I was staying at Outram Park to the old Keybox sauna, back and forth, and of course to OneSeven and Absolute nearby.  I also have walked from the HarbourFront mall to the Sentosa beach.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:59 PM, Steve5380 said:

I also enjoy long walks, and I did plenty of this in all my visits to Singapore.  For example, I would walk from the Queen Resort gay barracks where I was staying at Outram Park to the old Keybox sauna, back and forth, and of course to OneSeven and Absolute nearby.  I also have walked from the HarbourFront mall to the Sentosa beach.

From Gay barracks to Keybox to oneSeven and Absolute is not "long walks".  It is called Suana hopping within the same Chinatown vicinity.   Next time don't be lazy.  Walk from Changi Airport to your Queen Resort on arrival or vice versa. 

On 6/12/2022 at 12:07 PM, mercurynine said:

they're hinting, no fatties or disabled people please

I'm fat and I like long walks WHATS THIS owo. I think also a good medium to communicate and talk about what's going on so far? 

On 6/12/2022 at 9:02 PM, Why? said:

From Gay barracks to Keybox to oneSeven and Absolute is not "long walks".  It is called Suana hopping within the same Chinatown vicinity.   Next time don't be lazy.  Walk from Changi Airport to your Queen Resort on arrival or vice versa. 

Walk from Changi Airport to the Queen Resort is nothing.  ( no more Queen Resort, unfortunately )

For my next trip I might pray very much to Jesus to allow me to walk on water,  and then I walk straight from Houston to my hotel in Singapore.   The route will not be marked over the Pacific,  but I can always use the GPS on my cellphone.

On 6/13/2022 at 10:26 AM, Steve5380 said:

Walk from Changi Airport to the Queen Resort is nothing.  ( no more Queen Resort, unfortunately )

For my next trip I might pray very much to Jesus to allow me to walk on water,  and then I walk straight from Houston to my hotel in Singapore.   The route will not be marked over the Pacific,  but I can always use the GPS on my cellphone.

I pray that you get swallowed by a whale, just like Jonah, much faster than walking on water.  

Long walks are the easiest way to tell if the person you're getting to know can put up with boredom or handle the mundane things in life. It's not just getting to know them per se, you also get to see what ticks them off, if they're fully present in the entire session, perhaps learn a couple of things about them that may be a deal breaker. I guess you consider long walks an extension of a successful or less than ideal date, to give things another try. 

Guest Johnny walker
On 6/13/2022 at 10:45 AM, notd said:

Long walks are the easiest way to tell if the person you're getting to know can put up with boredom or handle the mundane things in life. 

I fully agree. The longer the walk, the more opened your heart to talk.  It is very memorable for a start , to meet someone you hardly know and the possibility of being finding a soulmate thru a long distant walk. 

On 6/12/2022 at 2:00 PM, Guest lameeeeee said:

if u like the person going on a long walk is like having a buddy/cheerleader/support system with you.

if the person is not ur type, its like going on a long walk with constipation . its torture. long. can't wait to get home and just shit away

In short,  if u lik the person,  do anything also enjoyable,  if not do everything also wrong. 

How long are we talking about?  Leass than an hour,  2 hour or 3 hour and more?  

Long walk probably in the spring or autumn time is nice but not in SG kind of humid weather. 

On 6/12/2022 at 9:36 PM, Why? said:

I pray that you get swallowed by a whale, just like Jonah, much faster than walking on water.  

That whale that swallowed Jonan lived thousands of years ago.  Whales have a long life, but it is doubtful that it is still around.  And I prefer to walk.

Long walks give you time to think and unplug from screens. 😇 Walking alone or as a couple is one of the best ways to get back in touch with yourself and your partner so that both can better understand one another and how you relate to others.

I went for my first lengthy walk with someone I met in the chatroom (not in this forum). We got together for brunch in the morning. Following that, we strolled from Orchard to Marina Bay, sat down, and had a sushi buffet. Following that, we went from Marina Bay to East Coast park, sat down, and drank some orange juice before continuing on to Katong shopping mall, where we had an afternoon snack and talked and talked to rest our feet. We then kept walking from Katong to Shenton Way, sat down, had a long meal in one of the finest restaurants, and then traveled all the way to his hometown of Brash Basah. Go count the distance for me. I felt bad that he had to pay for all the meals throughout the day, but he insisted and persisted. Did I follow him home? No, I didn't. Was he disappointed? I'm not sure, but he liked the entire journey and we parted amicably; no contact thereafter. He paid for the meals. I gave him my company. fair deal. He is married, if that is something of interest for you guys to know. 

Edited by Why?

On 6/13/2022 at 9:56 PM, Why? said:

I went for my first lengthy walk with someone I met in the chatroom (not in this forum). We got together for brunch in the morning. Following that, we strolled from Orchard to Marina Bay, sat down, and had a sushi buffet. Following that, we went from Marina Bay to East Coast park, sat down, and drank some orange juice before continuing on to Katong shopping mall, where we had an afternoon snack and talked and talked to rest our feet. We then kept walking from Katong to Shenton Way, sat down, had a long meal in one of the finest restaurants, and then traveled all the way to his hometown of Brash Basah. Go count the distance for me. I felt bad that he had to pay for all the meals throughout the day, but he insisted and persisted. Did I follow him home? No, I didn't. Was he disappointed? I'm not sure, but he liked the entire journey and we parted amicably; no contact thereafter. He paid for the meals. I gave him my company. fair deal. He is married, if that is something of interest for you guys to know. 

That was not a long way already. It was road march. 🤣

I  love to take long walks, especially where I live where there are several lovely long trails that last forever, not too far away

from the city but at the same time still seem miles away from civilisation.

These walks really help me calm the mind, refocus my priorities and check my own blind spots

It really helps too that for most of the year, the climate is very pleasant for taking such walks/strolls

On 6/13/2022 at 11:34 PM, earth_tone said:

That was not a long way already. It was road march. 🤣

When you're having a good time with someone, it's easy to lose track of how far you've traveled. I didn't notice any discomfort on my feet until the next day.😛

Guest Hold hands long walk

I'm guilty of this. I like long walks. My best long walks are the kind that overlap two time zone. Like walk from morning to afternoon. Or walk from evening to night. 

You know. You get the sense of the passing time. Or walk from sunny till rain. Very shiok. 

I wanna go long walk. Anyone wanna organise mass long walk. Just go on long walk in group. Hold hands are optional. 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:22 AM, Guest Bobochacha said:

Why some guys like to take long walks....When dating? I don’t understand..

Do you prefer guys who take long wanks? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 6/14/2022 at 11:43 AM, Why? said:

When you're having a good time with someone, it's easy to lose track of how far you've traveled. I didn't notice any discomfort on my feet until the next day.😛

I totally agree. was just kidding about the road march. it is exceptionally beautiful to walk in Paris too

• 1 month later...

It’s fun when you are walking along with someone you like/love. You don’t easily get tired or not at all. haha. 
When my bestfriend visits me or when I visit him, we would take a long walk from morning until our feet gets tired at night. Fun moments. haha.

• 5 months later...
Guest Guest Ilikelongwalks

Long walks, time to enjoy the view around you

Of each other

Sharing your thoughts, ideas, dreams, interests

Getting to know one another better

Perhaps a chance to go the distance in the walk of life together

On 6/13/2022 at 8:56 AM, Why? said:

You should have insisted in paying for one of the meals yourself, maybe one less expensive,  and he would have been very pleased.  I know, because although used to always pay for my juniors, it is a treat when they pay something for me.   That he was paid with your company is nonsense,  since you also enjoyed his company.  Don't be so tight!

14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You should have insisted in paying for one of the meals yourself, maybe one less expensive,  and he would have been very pleased.  I know, because although used to always pay for my juniors, it is a treat when they pay something for me.   That he was paid with your company is nonsense,  since you also enjoyed his company.  Don't be so tight!

Rejecting meals invitation from someone is really disrespectful. In addition, what is wrong with him paying for someone as attractive as me? Even though I didn't want it, I gave in to his persistent demands and granted him his confidence on wanting dominant side. Not that he is still single, but he is already married. He stands to gain more by dating me than lose anything! 😁

Edited by Why?

On 6/12/2022 at 10:22 AM, Guest Bobochacha said:

When dating? I don’t understand..

On 6/14/2022 at 11:27 AM, Since u r here said:

i m sorry but i noticed that TS alwys take a same topic from Hwz and then replicate it over here?

not just this thread

Why some guys like to take long walks

Start date Jun 11, 2022

When dating? I don’t understand..

why-some-guys-like-to-take-long-walks.67

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/why-some-guys-like-to-take-long-walks.6763465/

Edited by singalion

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stressful
2 hours ago, robin said:

I walk from Bugis to Bedok. In between pass by Geylang to have some durians.. 

Something must be stressing you.  People take long walk due to stress  in life or anxiety.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.