Male HQ

Time are bad cake shop don't give one piece candle

Guest Guest

Guest Frugal

Erm all along is like that what. Where got candle for one slice of cake one. 

You wanna cheapskate celebrate birthday with one slice of cake and 1 candle like in those romantic love drama. Then go buy candle from hardware shop lo. 

Not edible wax haha. 

Or don't be so wasteful and burn candle waste earth resources. 

Guest Chocolate cake

Some cake shop stopped selling birthday cakes/whole cakes during and after covid lockdown.

I bake chocolate cake everyday. Can give free.

Guest Guest
On 6/17/2022 at 3:27 PM, Guest Chocolate cake said:

Some cake shop stopped selling birthday cakes/whole cakes during and after covid lockdown.

I bake chocolate cake everyday. Can give free.

packed in nice box and ribbons? importantly, candles included?

Guest Chocolate cake 🎂
On 6/17/2022 at 3:48 PM, Guest Guest said:

packed in nice box and ribbons? importantly, candles included?

Cake already free. Still want free box+labbin+candles?

Don't der chun ching cher.

Guest Guest

The belief on certain age u need to jump over that particular age or else something very bad will happen to u .might even lose yr life.So to be safe celebrate it with a cake.

Guest Derelict
On 6/17/2022 at 2:23 PM, Guest Guest said:

Buy a small piece cake for birthday .just request for one candle they don't give must add cost to it

Of cos lah. You think you are those folktale character want candles or sell matchsticks meh?!

If I am the owner, you must pay, if not I slap you, spit in your cake and curse you.

See you scare or not!  Poor cheapskate not entitled to celebrate birthday! Understand?

On 6/17/2022 at 3:03 AM, Guest Guest said:

If those old gay staying alone they need only one piece  cake with candle to self celebrate at home one piece also cost $4.

I would never buy one piece of cake to celebrate my birthday.  I buy a whole cake,  and celebrate for an entire week.  YUMM.

On 6/17/2022 at 6:03 PM, Since u r here said:

Times r bad now w inflation and recession: b it the cake or candles….

next time save the candles given….

$50 fee for bringing cake to birthday dinner at Fort Canning Park restaurant

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/diner-shocked-by-50-fee-for-bringing-cake-to-birthday-dinner-at-fort-canning-park?fbclid=IwAR2Xlfibd0hiPhVMria7pg5YNS7BX1o9EaIkionSoEPiKhQN2sfz8F72K3I&fs=e&s=cl#xtor=CS1-10

Most of the staffs are worse than the restaurant's owner. No wonder they are fated to slog till their old age.  With this kind of attitude ! Wtf.!

Guest ffffffff

Some years ago we went to a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown Point. We had lunch there. After lunch, we bought a birthday cake from the nearby shop. The restaurant staff even gave us a knife and plates for everyone. 

That's what I call flexible. People already spent money on the meal. Cutting a cake there is no big deal.

But I think next time when making reservations, we should ask if we could bring outside cake. It might have prevented the misunderstanding.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:16 AM, Since u r here said:

Not every staff

dont generalise them

I notice mostly. From McDonald, to kfc, to hawker ctrs .like fuck. Even at prima deli,stingy with the spreads on the waffles. Rather buy an empty waffle. Sibeh! As though singapore dollars got no value. 

Guest Guest

Guestffff u can always cut the cake outside the shop and eat outside the shop corridor so simple just need tissue but of course no candles provided.Now cakes don't come with candles.Cost of candles are expensive

Guest ffffffff
On 6/18/2022 at 12:54 PM, Guest Guest said:

Guestffff u can always cut the cake outside the shop and eat outside the shop corridor so simple just need tissue but of course no candles provided.Now cakes don't come with candles.Cost of candles are expensive

You silly person. Please read properly  as in who is replying to who. Don't mis reply and risk embarrassment.

Guest Eat at home la
On 6/18/2022 at 9:54 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

Some years ago we went to a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown Point. We had lunch there. After lunch, we bought a birthday cake from the nearby shop. The restaurant staff even gave us a knife and plates for everyone. 

That's what I call flexible. People already spent money on the meal. Cutting a cake there is no big deal.

But I think next time when making reservations, we should ask if we could bring outside cake. It might have prevented the misunderstanding.

Use your fucking brain la the restaurant got sell cake. The group reserve a table by buying cake. Then they bring their outside food. It's wrong la. No matter how you see it. 

Your Chinese restaurant, you got bring the competitor dish or not. Rules are rule. Different restaurants have different rules. 

If you don't want to follow the policy then don't eat there. Simple. 

I pity the poor dish washer and waiter who have to clean up your entitlement birthday cake mess. 

Have some sense la. You got pay extra or not. 

Your boss ask you overtime do more stuff already complain. You feel so entitled to celebrate birthday in restaurant. Takr up space. Take up table. Take up resources. Waste their water to wash your extra plate. 

How dumb. Entitled customer 

Guest U Stoopid
On 6/18/2022 at 4:46 PM, Guest Eat at home la said:

Use your fucking brain la the restaurant got sell cake. The group reserve a table by buying cake. Then they bring their outside food. It's wrong la. No matter how you see it. 

Your Chinese restaurant, you got bring the competitor dish or not. Rules are rule. Different restaurants have different rules. 

If you don't want to follow the policy then don't eat there. Simple. 

I pity the poor dish washer and waiter who have to clean up your entitlement birthday cake mess. 

Have some sense la. You got pay extra or not. 

Your boss ask you overtime do more stuff already complain. You feel so entitled to celebrate birthday in restaurant. Takr up space. Take up table. Take up resources. Waste their water to wash your extra plate. 

How dumb. Entitled customer 

You stoopid cunt. They agreed readily and was nice enough to accomodate So how? Feel that this trangressed your stupid rules ha? 

Not happy go jump down Raffles hotel and smash you head la.

Or go work as diswasher la.

Guest Guest

Same  problem arises at Chen teochew restaurant at mapherson when we have 2 table that cost $1000 for each table but Chinese tea they still want to charge us in different bill .After that incident we decided to change to other restaurants next year .I remember the old paramount hotel  restaurant we spend $2000 for 2 table they  give us one complimentary free red wine.

Guest ffffffff

Yes we should all shop around for the best deals. Like some shops want to charge for assembly and delivery but some give free assembly and delivery.

On 6/18/2022 at 12:54 PM, Guest Guest said:

A lot of things have been removed, previously order mee pok always come with a phatetic piece of vege , chicken rice with cucumber etc... But nowadays they are gone too... Maybe one day if u take a deep breath they will also charge u as u "consume" more cool air 🤣

Guest Chocolate cake 🎂
On 6/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, Why? said:

You can have the cake brought to Sauana and invite guests to join you in celebrating. There are also free candles to blow.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, Why? said:

Yup BW folks sure love candle blowing 😁

Guest Guest

I brought a box of  $2 candle and  only use 1 piece the rest I throw it away.Could have donated to that nasty shop but choose to throw into rubbish bin .Bad service don't deserve any pity .

Guest ffffffff

Coffee shops charge 50 cents for a cup of plain water. Served in the kopi c glass.  

I always bring my own bottle of water.

Order soft drinks from them, the price can buy you a one liter bottle of soft drink from shops.

Beer I also buy from supermarket. At coffeeshops you pay extra. They put two bottles in an ice bucket and the girl gelek gelek shake here and there, bring them to you and pour them for you in an ingratiating and submissive manner.

Of course it would be an entirely different thing if a topless hunk in tight short shorts is doing the pouring!

Guest jollibee
On 6/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, Since u r here said:

These are idiots really. 6 person buys 15 piece chicken, not meals, no sides no drinks, ask for 7 cups free water. What kind of father's day celebration?

Eat at home better. You think restaurant don't need pay rent ah? And now you made a mess and staff have to clean up for you because the spastic kid spilled the drink.

Can complain about no more water. Staff is 101% right. No service for cheapos. No need for apologies la.

Guest Guest

Sometime in business we have to look into long term .They need to treasure their customer.Anyway water is free from the tap. Chinese tea is cheap can give free if customer pay for one thousand a table for few hours of dinning.Candles are cheap. U never know customer might in return donate one year of candles to them if they are nice.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.