Male HQ

China products passing off as Japanese products

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Bought a Dove sakura foaming shower cream with Japanese words on the front label, only to realise it's made in fucking China based on the fine print on the back label.

So typical of China, they love passing off their inferior products as products from other better countries. 

It could be a centralized factory situation where the factory in China manufactures the same Dove shower cream but for different markets. All they need to do is change the language on the label versus setting up country-specific factories. 

Love. 

Guest Guest

But more and more companies are shifting out of China's manufacturing landscape now. We saw the rise of China's manufacturing, and I think we will also see the same place fall. 

On 6/17/2022 at 10:56 PM, Guest Guest said:

Bought a Dove sakura foaming shower cream with Japanese words on the front label, only to realise it's made in fucking China based on the fine print on the back label.

So typical of China, they love passing off their inferior products as products from other better countries. 

Do you complain that your Apple, Uniqlo and Muji products are made in China? Without China contract manufacturing, you’re going to pay more then complaining again. Being gratitude will make you a happier person.

Guest Guest
On 6/18/2022 at 9:16 AM, Guest Omm said:

Do you complain that your Apple, Uniqlo and Muji products are made in China? Without China contract manufacturing, you’re going to pay more then complaining again. Being gratitude will make you a happier person.

Gratitude should only be given where it is deserved. China's contract manufacturing industry did not do anything for free. They did it for the MONEY which has been duly paid. Anyway, more and more companies are shifting their production out of China nowadays, to cheaper places and where people are less arrogant than you.  

Guest Guest
On 6/18/2022 at 9:16 AM, Guest Omm said:

Uniqlo and Muji have shifted production to Vietnam and Bangladesh.

There are many things in this world that are overpriced. In truth, many Amazon products are made in China but sold in the United States. Daiso and Ikea items are also made in China and India. If you wanted something created in Japan or the United States, you'd have to spend a lot of money because of the high labor costs in those countries.  If one day, the world sanction China like they did to Russia,  you will not be able to afford many basic necessities. 

Edited by Why?

Guest Simiso?
On 6/18/2022 at 12:13 PM, Guest Guest said:

Reminds me of Miniso, it's a Chinese brand trying to pass off as a Japanese brand.

Their mouse is the cheapest I've found. $7.90 eachh.

Guest Guest
On 6/18/2022 at 12:13 PM, Guest Guest said:

Reminds me of Miniso, it's a Chinese brand trying to pass off as a Japanese brand.

If they were really so proud of their country, they needn't try to pass themselves off as the product of another country they claim to despise.

Guest Try and see

Yes, I've come across many household items in stores with a Japanese-like packaging, but are actually china brands and made in china.

Makes one lose even more respect for china.

On 6/18/2022 at 11:20 AM, Why? said:

There are many things in this world that are overpriced. In truth, many Amazon products are made in China but sold in the United States. Daiso and Ikea items are also made in China and India. If you wanted something created in Japan or the United States, you'd have to spend a lot of money because of the high labor costs in those countries.  If one day, the world sanction China like they did to Russia,  you will not be able to afford many basic necessities. 

I remember in my younger and more naive days, I got very pissed when I went to America, and all my souvenirs said, "Made in China". 🤦‍♂️

On 6/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, Guest Try and see said:

Yes, I've come across many household items in stores with a Japanese-like packaging, but are actually china brands and made in china.

I remember in my younger and more naive days, I got very pissed when I went to America, and all my souvenirs said, "Made in China". 🤦‍♂️

China is not to blame.  Japan and the United States invested in China and built factories using the country's inexpensive labor,  but instructed China that those goods ought to have the names of Japan, America, or Switzerland.  Numerous goods manufactured in Singapore carry Japanese brands were also available.
Many commodities were made accessible to developing nations, in the West, because of the cheap labor available throughout Asia's third world countries.  If you wanted to blame and compete with China, you must first lower your own wages and eat humble pie first,

Guest Guest
On 6/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, Guest Try and see said:

🤦‍♂️

I know right?

No other country in the world engages in such deceptive/misrepresentation marketing like that country which almost the whole world (except for 2 other countries) dislikes.

On 6/19/2022 at 11:29 AM, Why? said:

China is not to blame.  Japan and the United States invested in China and built factories using the country's inexpensive labor,  but instructed China that those goods ought to have the names of Japan, America, or Switzerland.  Numerous goods manufactured in Singapore carry Japanese brands were also available.
Many commodities were made accessible to developing nations, in the West, because of the cheap labor available throughout Asia's third world countries.  If you wanted to blame and compete with China, you must first lower your own wages and eat humble pie first,

Indeed, back in the 1980's and 1990's many famous brand names built factories in China to take advantage of the low wages in China. 

This also meant that the pollution from these factories were moved from their home countries to China - and now the West complains about the pollution in China.  

With the foreign investments coming in, China's economy grew and the people's income increased - which eventually led to increase in wages.

The increase in wages is making the the West look elsewhere to re-locate their factories.  Vietnam had been a recent favourite.  I think in the future, we will see famous brands bearing the label "Made in Vietnam" instead of "Made in China".

Guest Goulash which is Very Posh
On 6/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, yhtang said:

Indeed, back in the 1980's and 1990's many famous brand names built factories in China to take advantage of the low wages in China. 

This also meant that the pollution from these factories were moved from their home countries to China - and now the West complains about the pollution in China.  

With the foreign investments coming in, China's economy grew and the people's income increased - which eventually led to increase in wages.

The increase in wages is making the the West look elsewhere to re-locate their factories.  Vietnam had been a recent favourite.  I think in the future, we will see famous brands bearing the label "Made in Vietnam" instead of "Made in China".

H&M had already moved almost all their production contracts to Vietnam already. Yay!

On 6/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, yhtang said:

In terms of wages, many countries are catching up to Singapore.   Soon, we will be exploited as a manufacturing powerhouse due to our irresponsible immigration policy and low wages. Only then will every item from Japan or America be labeled "manufactured in Singapore."  Will buyers be outraged if branded things from the United States or Japan are discovered to be "manufactured in Singapore" by then?

Guest Crap China
On 6/18/2022 at 11:20 AM, Why? said:

I tried many China products tempted by the cheap price.

Miniso cordless mouse - drain batteries very fast

Imitation wireless earphones - battery cannot charge after 2 weeks

Electric kettle - cannot boil after 2 weeks

Electric food grinder - motor burn smell in one week

Returning for warrantee - the return fee already cost more than 30% , not worth to get another cheap one. Worse, can catch fire.

Not worth buying even if almost free. The reviews are mostly fake like their wumaos propaganda.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:45 PM, Why? said:

In terms of wages, many countries are catching up to Singapore.   Soon, we will be exploited as a manufacturing powerhouse due to our irresponsible immigration policy and low wages. Only then will every item from Japan or America be labeled "manufactured in Singapore."  Will buyers be outraged if branded things from the United States or Japan are discovered to be "manufactured in Singapore" by then?

Go to Lazada and check out the masks for sale.

Made in Singapore still command a huge premium over made in China.

Frankly I would not pay more for made in USA vs made in Singapore.

American made cars?--  no thanks

On 6/18/2022 at 8:01 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

Otherwise how to sell dove shower cream for $4.90

It's not $4.90, it's $9.90

Guest Wahahahahha
On 6/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, Guest Crap China said:

Returning for warrantee - the return fee already cost more than 30% , not worth to get another cheap one. Worse, can catch fire.

Not worth buying even if almost free. The reviews are mostly fake like their wumaos propaganda.

Because you very "sway". ...wahahaha

Guest Guest Contended
On 6/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, Guest Wahahahahha said:

Because you very "sway". ...wahahaha

Correct, hahahaha!!!!

Be grateful and be contended.  Some only like to complain.

On 6/19/2022 at 2:51 PM, Guest ffffffff said:

Go Venus beauty $4.90

Don't talk rubbish! Venus beauty sells the foaming washes at $7.90, not $4.90

Oh no! 

I must admit, I am wary about buying cheap China brand, made in China products.  I am sure these products have low quality control.

I presume famous brands which have their products made/assembled in China would have better and more stringent quality control of their goods.

Guest U Stoopid
On 6/19/2022 at 5:18 PM, Guest Goulash which is Very Posh said:

Don't talk rubbish! Venus beauty sells the foaming washes at $7.90, not $4.90

Maybe they raised prices when you come 👋🤣

On 6/19/2022 at 6:23 PM, Guest U Stoopid said:

Maybe they raised prices when you come 👋🤣

And your parents should have aborted you.

wanna get chinese goods, at least go for the more reputable brands like xiaomi. they cost abit more but still affordable. those brandless ones so dangerous, maybe will explode suddenly.

Guest U Stoopid
On 6/19/2022 at 7:03 PM, Guest Goulash which is Very Posh said:

And your parents should have aborted you.

Think yours pre empted you to be a stinking personality and  flushed you down the toilet. That's why your ghost come here and bitch.

I have been using Phillips kettle that is made in China for years and it’s still working. Buying product is not just seeing where it’s made different brand they have their own specialty. Earphones now a days so many China brand are taking over the industry at quite an affordable pricing like moondrop.

shop smart not shop cheap. 

Guest Guest
On 6/19/2022 at 7:22 PM, Guest U Stoopid said:

Think yours pre empted you to be a stinking personality and  flushed you down the toilet. That's why your ghost come here and bitch.

Your father should have shot his load down the drain instead of in your slutty mom's cheebye 

Guest Guest

And this is by far one of the biggest con jobs of them all.  And it has been exposed as early as 2020, and yet people are still buying into this scam. 

Huawei Executive: “China’s 5G user experience is fake, dumb and poor”-is it a con game?

At the opening ceremony of the China International Information and Communication Exhibition on October 14th, Ding Yun, executive director of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd  said that China’s 5G user experience has three problems of “fake, dumb, and poor.”  In particular, some users have a 5G LOGO on their mobile phones, but they are not connected to the 5G network, cannot make 5G calls, or frequently switch signals, according to an article by Xia Xutian on the Sina Tech website.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 10:56 PM, Guest Guest said:

The title of the thread is misleading if not wrong.

This is more an issue of manufacturing location.

There are plenty of bath products that are under certain brands from Europe, Japan, US but manufactured in Thailand, China or elsewhere.

Japan manufactures plenty of its products for the overseas market in other Asian countries (Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, China etc).

You cannot really talk here about "passing off" .

Plenty of branded products are not manufactured at the original country but overseas. Many use certain marketing messages even in foreign language on their covers.

TS made the error not to read the box properly to identify that the product was manufactured in China.

It is plainly a question of how well a company adheres to corporate standards and quality control. If those are done properly, who cares where it is made (unless it is made using slave/child labour, or some other objectionable reason)?

Слава Україні!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.