Male HQ

What are the best qualities a parent could share with children? Why?

Guest Wilson2468

Guest Bobby

To not be selfish.

But somehow, selfish/corporate Singaporean parents will never teach their offsprings not to be selfish.

The outcome is all to be seen.

Guest no thanks

I learnt not to live like my parents.

Did not bother to upgrade themselves. Watched tv every day. Stick to the same job for decades with pathetic salary. No money to bring me for overseas trip. Only went Msia to visit relatives by bus.

Do you know my first flight is when I was 25 and it's for a business trip. I don't know even the procedure of checking in and out. Luckily, my managers are much older than me and take care of me. So pathetic. 

My parents have no friends. They only people they mix with are my relatives who are of the same kind. Thinking of having a job is good enough. They don't understand network is net worth. 

No basic knowledgeable. Don't even know they need to buy insurance. I only discovered that when I have earned enough to buy for myself after working for a few years.

Blindly believe that our dear government will take care of everything. 

Dad died early and I have so much to do to catch up. Damn tiring. 

No. I did not learn much from them. Some of things they taught me are "wrong". They did not realize because they were living like frogs in a well throughout their lives.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:41 PM, Why? said:

Qualities have a shelf life. It is no longer useful to apply as time goes on.   As a result, I won't take "qualities" seriously and will instead rely only on my own judgment.

God have pity of you if "your own judgment"  is not able to recognize QUALITIES and differentiate them from LIABILITIES.

Best qualities a parent could share with children?   ALL good qualities they have.  

Parents should realize that example is the best teaching.  

And NEVER expect that their children will accept the "do what I say, not what I do".

On 6/19/2022 at 10:53 AM, Guest Guest said:

I think is how to have good sex!

Problem is that very few parents in Asia seem to pass on much information about sex other than it is how babies are made. Kids learn about it from schoolmates and friends. Too many of the older generations seem to be too embarrassed to talk about sex.

On 6/26/2022 at 10:00 PM, InBangkok said:

Problem is that very few parents in Asia seem to pass on much information about sex other than it is how babies are made. Kids learn about it from schoolmates and friends. Too many of the older generations seem to be too embarrassed to talk about sex.

This is not exclusive of the Asian population.   Many other civilizations stay away from parental sex education.

I remember that I never heard one word said in my German family about sex.  But fortunately, i also remember never seen any of my family members drink alcohol,  except at a few big celebrations.

Edited by Steve5380

Responsibility.

My parents instilled that in me. It has helped me far in looking after my family; shifting my focus into looking after others (I completed my 7th long term volunteer stint last year) and winning a new project at work over some colleagues this week.

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.