Male HQ

Anyone here quit their job after trying for 1 week?

Guest Jamal

The only one I can think of was 1 day-long job. I was still in secondary school, trying to get a part-time job to bridge between N and O levels iirc.

The job was offered by a recruitment agency and it was for a hospital. I joined just for the experience but had not signed any forms yet. From what I can remember  the first day was spent being shell-shocked honestly. The place I was task to work in was the medical records room. It was small, like...it was roughly living room-sized, just with shelves and maybe at most 2 computers.

There were medical records of patients strewn on the floor, in stacks and crammed into shelves like sardines in a can. To my adolescent brain  this was maddening and messy and for the life of me, even with encouragement, I could not find anything anywhere. The people there were nice and friendly but the daunting task of sifting through all those records...I couldn't do it. So I told the agency I did not wish to continue and with my mum' help at the time, I got out of the job because I hadn't yet signed the contract.

Even now, as I look back on that job, I don't understand why the records aren't digitised or why they aren't in a much larger room to accommodate the ever-growing number of patients...

Guest ffffffff
On 6/20/2022 at 8:43 AM, Why? said:

I quit after one day because, contrary to what I was told during the interview, I was given shitty job.

Right move with dishonest folks,👋👍 

Guest Try and see

Yes, I once quit a job after one day. It was a part-time job in a bookstore.

The colleagues were actually okay but the job was incredibly boring and I had nothing to do most of the time. The hours passing by felt like years. And despite the lack of physical activity, it felt mentally very exhausting. I just could not foresee myself staying there for long.

So I told them at the end of the day that I would not be becoming back the next day as I feel that the job is "not suitable".

I also told them not to pay me for that day's work as I did not think it was fair, and also, it's very hard to pro-rate the pay for one day. 

So we parted on good terms. 

On 6/20/2022 at 7:07 AM, PapaEli said:

The only one I can think of was 1 day-long job. I was still in secondary school, trying to get a part-time job to bridge between N and O levels iirc.

The job was offered by a recruitment agency and it was for a hospital. I joined just for the experience but had not signed any forms yet. From what I can remember  the first day was spent being shell-shocked honestly. The place I was task to work in was the medical records room. It was small, like...it was roughly living room-sized, just with shelves and maybe at most 2 computers.

There were medical records of patients strewn on the floor, in stacks and crammed into shelves like sardines in a can. To my adolescent brain  this was maddening and messy and for the life of me, even with encouragement, I could not find anything anywhere. The people there were nice and friendly but the daunting task of sifting through all those records...I couldn't do it. So I told the agency I did not wish to continue and with my mum' help at the time, I got out of the job because I hadn't yet signed the contract.

Even now, as I look back on that job, I don't understand why the records aren't digitised or why they aren't in a much larger room to accommodate the ever-growing number of patients...

That was in the 80s or 90s where digitalisation havent take place? Actually even now,  a lot of neighbourhood clinic and dentist still keep records on paper and files. 

Normally will left before confirmation to avoid the 1 month notice period. 

I left 2 part-time jobs back when I was still a student.

1. Pet Shop

They told me their puppies came from ethical breeding farms. But my friend and I found out it came from one of SG infamous dog breeding farm. We also found out that our supervisor had given herself a disguised name, because apparently her real name was pretty infamous too. We left after confronting her and didn't want to be a part of this.

2. Retail 

I was the only boy working with 3 Malay aunties. During my first few days, they were super friendly, treating me like "family". However, I started noticing some red flags. I came back from lunch break one day and they asked what I had for lunch. I told them I had Japanese in the mall's foodcourt. And they started preaching about how eating pork is bad for my health. They went on saying how unclean the meat is and told me to refrain from eating it. I worked 6 days in a row and it was time for my rest, but my supervisor, who was 7-months pregnant, told me to change shift with her colleague. I politely decline as I had already made plans for the day. She immediately turned sour. I asked my other colleague if it was she (supervisor) was okay (because she was pregnant and I was worried if my words impacted her), and that bitch turned my words and told my supervisor that I think I want my off day regardless. Supervisor came back to me and said "wow, so you're the boss now huh?". I left afterwards... 

On 6/20/2022 at 11:46 AM, lonelyglobe said:

That was in the 80s or 90s where digitalisation havent take place? Actually even now,  a lot of neighbourhood clinic and dentist still keep records on paper and files. 

Normally will left before confirmation to avoid the 1 month notice period. 

Haha not really it was maybe slightly less than 10 years ago, roughly 7-8 years ago, so while I understand the difficulty in digitising many many medical records, the trauma of seeing records basically stacked on the floor, sticking out of crammed shelves was just a big no,no for me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.