Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

8 minutes ago, averageguy said:

In addition to what I’ve just written... I think Elvin Ng deserves Rocket Award 飞越奖which is awarded to the MediaCorp artiste who has made the most breakthrough in the preceding year. Let him win as a mockery or encouragement...

Year Artiste Notable work title
(role if applicable)
Nominees
2010 Elvin Ng 黄俊雄 Together 当我们同在一起
(Huang Zhihao 黄志豪)
N/A

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Guest Tomato said:

The problem in the entertainment circuit (whether it is Star Awards, the equivalent for the Suria and Vasantham, Channel 5 dramas, singing competitions) is that the country is simply too small to be able to produce sufficient talents.  

If you want a good looking, body beautiful, can act, can speak and express (in mother tongue (not a forte to many Sporeans)), must be sporean, and can speak intelligently, its near impossible!  With all these 'required' parameters stacked up, chance is that you get those as what we have.

I think our local entertainment is super crappy, but in the distribution of limited talents in all fields in Spore, this really is what we can afford (like in mediacorp) from a small country.

Don't think we lack talents 

Just that the talented ones chose not to be in the media industry

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Almost fainted when I saw the New Comer nomination list. Agree that Fang Rong and Ayden is more well deserved. They have much meatier roles and their performance is definitely way better. 

Fang Rong and Ayden Sng both join Mediacorp in 2018, I think they probably don’t qualify as newcomer anymore. 

What’s the criteria for a ‘newcomer’ anyway?

Guest Mediacock
1 hour ago, bhyx said:

Wrong. Just that the talented ones chose not to be in Mediacock.

9 hours ago, Guest Mediacock said:

This guy is a total air head. Tries very hard to make intelligent remarks but ends up making himself look so stupid instead. Just look at his numerous thank you speeches that left many people scratching their heads. 

I cannot believe he was from a local uni gradate, cannot even speak well and worse than those who have not study much? 

34 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

I cannot believe he was from a local uni gradate, cannot even speak well and worse than those who have not study much? 

Seriously, don't expect much from (local) graduates nowadays.  As much as there are smart ones, there are also many whom are laughable when they open their mouths.  

What went wrong? Is it the family upbringing? Is it that they just don't 'get' it despite the exposure that one has in Singapore?

Guest Engrish
1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Dun play play ok, he’s an English Literature graduate. 

Guest Mediacock
8 hours ago, Guest Engrish said:

Who cannot organize his thoughts and string together a coherent sentence.

Guest Menina de Sentosa
15 hours ago, Guest Tomato said:

The problem in the entertainment circuit (whether it is Star Awards, the equivalent for the Suria and Vasantham, Channel 5 dramas, singing competitions) is that the country is simply too small to be able to produce sufficient talents.  

If you want a good looking, body beautiful, can act, can speak and express (in mother tongue (not a forte to many Sporeans)), must be sporean, and can speak intelligently, its near impossible!  With all these 'required' parameters stacked up, chance is that you get those as what we have.

I think our local entertainment is super crappy, but in the distribution of limited talents in all fields in Spore, this really is what we can afford (like in mediacorp) from a small country.

Made me thought of other scenarios in relation to the Sinkie entertainment scene; would it be quite different if:

- Singapore was quite larger (Riau Archipelago included).

- A Malay pidgin as the lingua franca.

or even:

- The Brits decided that instead of Temasek (present-day Singapore), they would chose a different location as a strategic port city.

The talented ones have already gone regional or even international. 

Geographical boundaries have never been a problem for those with substance. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

19 hours ago, bhyx said:

The talented ones won't survive in the local media industry. 

Overworked, underpaid, small market. And then throw in industry politics and the overarching heavy hand of government messaging "guidance" aka censorship... and you can see why the best and brightest media talents won't survive in such a straitlaced local industry here. 

5 hours ago, West93 said:

The talented ones won't survive in the local media industry. 

Overworked, underpaid, small market. And then throw in industry politics and the overarching heavy hand of government messaging "guidance" aka censorship... and you can see why the best and brightest media talents won't survive in such a straitlaced local industry here. 

Sounds like this is applicable to many local industries in Singapore. Haha.

21 hours ago, Guest Engrish said:

So it means elvin should be in channel 5 instead of channel 8? Maybe he speaks better in english?

31 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

So it means elvin should be in channel 5 instead of channel 8? Maybe he speaks better in english?

Can you stop posting stupid questions and comments?

Dear all .

Pls dont spread any rumours about Elvin and Romeo being gay and are together  ...

I just saw Romeo and a lady friend having dinner at clementi west food center last night . Was sitting a few tables away from them and base on their body language. I can tell that they are a couple  .

Stop spreading Rumours about people  

8 minutes ago, Guest Sam said:

Dear all .

Pls dont spread any rumours about Elvin and Romeo being gay and are together  ...

I just saw Romeo and a lady friend having dinner at clementi west food center last night . Was sitting a few tables away from them and base on their body language. I can tell that they are a couple  .

OK sameo.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

20 minutes ago, Guest Sam said:

Dear all .

Sureee Sam: https://alvinology.com/2017/05/30/neighbour-spotted-local-actor-romeo-tan-going-elvin-ngs-house-almost-everyday/

28 minutes ago, Gayleo said:

Elvin's neighbour is v busybody. 

Romeos Elder bro is v useless.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

14 hours ago, Guest Sam said:

Dear all .

vice versa... u merely SAW romeo dining with a girl, and just base on body language, u claim he is straight! 

so all those whose sexed EN & RT and claim they are gay ARE spreading rumours!

15 hours ago, Guest Sam said:

Dear all .

What kind of body language were they exhibiting that made you think that RT and his "girlfriend" or female friend are a couple? 🤔

Interesting that RT and his "girlfriend" are under your watchful eyes .... 😅

Guest 大智大勇
17 hours ago, Guest Sam said:

Dear all .

假的,是你的眼睛業障重。

Guest Menina de Sentosa
1 hour ago, Guest Sam said:

Staying overnight at a good friend place doesnt mean that they are sleeping together.  Further more the parents and others are also in the house so what can they do ! 

spacer.png

Guest Menina de Sentosa

On 2/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, Guest Sam said:

Dear all .

spacer.png

19 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

Im starting  to find chantelles acting  a bit annoying with that accent

ok mah, those not so educated vietnamese who can speak mandarin really speak like that

35 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Hmm Elvin didn't post on Instagram at all about his best actor nomination unlike other actors who at least reposted stories of fans congratulating them

he knows he is 陪跑

should be thankful he got nominated over shaun Chen 

Edited by bhyx

13 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

Weird that ch8 is not blasting their own CNY this year. Used to have it every other time filler, but not even once tonight during prime time. 

you sure you watching Ch 8?

their MV is lingering in my head now.

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

you sure you watching Ch 8?

their MV is lingering in my head now.

How come this year CNY MV don't have elvin? And did he appear on the cny eve special show?

3 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

The cny show... got the 3 chefs competing and 3 lame artistes be judges. In the end 3 artistes each voted for all 3 chefs to win

Seebeh lame segment. And its obviously  not "live". 什么烂单元

Went to sleep after that

After watching the show for the first 10min I switched it off and went to sleep...

Edited by Singroc

7 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

The cny show... got the 3 chefs competing and 3 lame artistes be judges. In the end 3 artistes each voted for all 3 chefs to win

i already know they will sure vote for all 3

Was watching Talking Point on CNA yesterday and saw this yummy guy.

Martin Koh. Apparently he used to be some big shot in SAF.

check out his handsome face and big arms, so my type!

https://www.mewatch.sg/watch/Talking-Point-2020-2021-E38-Thu-11-Feb-2021-Migrant-Worker-Dormitories-One-Year-On-198703

(scroll to somewhere around 18:30)

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

https://www.mewatch.sg/watch/Talking-Point-2020-2021-E38-Thu-11-Feb-2021-Migrant-Worker-Dormitories-One-Year-On-198703

https://www.mewatch.sg/watch/Talking-Point-2020-2021-E38-Thu-11-Feb-2021-Migrant-Worker-Dormitories-One-Year-On-19870

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

she still look youthful.

Ivy Lee looks like auntie liao

Il is a mum of 4 kids.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Indeed he has big arms, mature daddy type.

17 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

she still look youthful.

Ivy Lee looks like auntie liao

I find Ivy Lee still looks ok, long time no see her appeared on tv. She now stay in London, so her hubby is ang moh?

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.