Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Guest Summary
He already toned down a lot on TV. If you met him in person, he can be super bitchy, super sarcastic and super niang. :ph34r:

That's his character. Love it or hate it. In general, he's a nice guy.

Bryan is definately one of the guy that i dislike. :angry:

Maybe he is more friendly now but...

rem a few years back, met him at a local suntanning salon. Damn ya ya papaya with super bad attitude. :ph34r:

As for his sexual orientation, its an open secret.

For those of us that frequent Ikea (Alexander) few years ago wld know....

:whistle:

That's what I know also.

"Do what you wanna do in life despite what others say, it's your life anyway."

Guest Guest
As for his sexual orientation, its an open secret.

For those of us that frequent Ikea (Alexander) few years ago wld know....

He was on display in Ikea then with a price tag ? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fm am

Please dont volunteer such personal and malicious details like that here or elsewhere. :yuk: It might not be true!!! Respect other people's privacy please.

Friends of my firned know ... edited

I really dunno your intention by telling BW readers all these, as what fm am said, " Respect other people's privacy please. "

Unless you never done the same thing before, either you get fxxk or fxxk, suck or get suck, if my friend behave like what your friends are, like to kiss & tell, i don't think he is a great company & don't tell us he is yur close friend etc.

Yes, he workout in Cali & i believe most Cali gymmer see him before, your friends say does not mean is true, b ut what you wrote already meant no good.

I believe those who like him will still do, but one thing i can be sure, this line really alot of " ugly " people like to kiss & tell & i really dunno why they like to do so & what they gain...

Guest fm am

I have read about wildest's past 'escapades' here where he said he liked to expose himself to others and let them touch him. He's a sicko, thats for sure. :whistle:

I have read about wildest's past 'escapades' here where he said he liked to expose himself to others and let them touch him. He's a sicko, thats for sure. :whistle:

fm am, you can't say wildest " sicko ", maybe he just like Exhibitionistic Funs, that's his personal life, he have the right to enjoy himself expose and let others touch him etc.

I just dislike people that kiss & tell, maybe to other find this kinky as i ever heard someone from the chat room ever mention, he sex with others in his place, he record down the whole session w/o the other party notice & also record ppl cam sex with him & show to others, this then i consider sicko, cos no longer personal issue

Please dont volunteer such personal and malicious details like that here or elsewhere. :yuk: It might not be true!!! Respect other people's privacy please.

Even if it's true ..... "Wildest" should bad mouth others in such a manner.

Love the guy or hate him, each of us have our own preferences.

It is okay to share, but to add in "personal comments / attacks" is a NO NO :yuk:

Unless Wildest "perform" for us to see.... for all we know, he may just be as "gu niang". :D

• 3 months later...
Guest boy2man

WXYZ Tay said in a Citta Bella interview that MediaCorp suspended her contract because she was pregnant.

Never mind that this statement was completely false, it unleashed a torrent of sympathy for her. The truth is that she is still on a contract for service, and that while it provides for 12-weeks maternity pay, income is not per month but per assignment, ie. she has to work to be paid.

Because of her accusation, poor MCS is being miscast as the villain in the whole episode for "ill-treating" the poor pregnant Queen of Caldecott.

Never mind that WXYZ comes from a pig farm, she's the 'smartest' woman around. She aired her sob story in the media to

1. push the blame for her lack of work to MCS (rather than her own unmarketability), and

2. win some sympathy points from the public.

Don't write her off yet; she's no 'has been'. She's smarter than your average lao ah soh!

Guest thatwasrunie

ahhh tv trash which others might find interesting.

i think its trash about her sympathy game and all.

then again, has our country's celebrity drama level dropped that low?

no offence

Guest Guest

gees i am not siding WXYZ tay or whatsoever but are you sure this news you got here is true because if its not you will be wrongly accusing WXYZ tay for that. can you have some proof that WXYZ tay is such a scheming woman??

Guest boy2man

She told Citta Bella that her contract with MediaCorp had been suspended. This story was later picked up by the Straits Times and TNP.

ST July 30: Pregnant WXYZ dropped by MediaCorp

CALDECOTT queen WXYZ Tay's contract with MediaCorp has been suspended.

Ms Tay, who is seven months pregnant, said that the company's new policy is to suspend the contracts of actresses who are pregnant. The contracts will be re-instated when they returned to work.

Lianhe Wanbao reported that the 39-year-old actress feels troubled about the situation as she currently has no income.

This was not the case in 2004 when Ms Tay was pregnant with her first child.

During her first pregnancy, she hosted an infotainment programme educating women on the dos-and-don'ts when having a baby.

Ms Tay's second child is due in October.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/...ory_143887.html

TNP August 1 - WXYZ Tay tells mag: I'm pregnant so I won't get paid

THERE is a 'new system' at MediaCorp in which artistes will have their contracts suspended during pregnancy, to be re-instated only after that.

Actress WXYZ Tay, 39, said this in an interview with Citta Bella magazine.

'So right now, I'm not drawing a salary,' she said.

WXYZ, whose second child is due in October, told the magazine that it was her only concern about her current pregnancy and that she was at first troubled over the arrangement.

She also told Citta Bella that she still wants to have more babies. But her husband said two is enough.

During her first pregnancy in 2004, she was working - hosting an infotainment programme about babies. She was still under her former contract, so it was not suspended.

But are such conditions permitted in employment contracts in the first place?

Apparently, they are legal - but notcommon.

Ms Anuradha Tiwary, a lawyer who has dealt with employment disputes, said that the Employment Act has a provision that says you can't sack or dismiss an employee who is more than five months pregnant.

But she said that there is no provision in the Act for a suspension, like WXYZ's.

She added that if 'it's something that is not provided for and both parties agree to it, then there is nothing illegal about it - fair or unfair is not an issue'.

Mr Paul Heng, founder of career outplacement firm Next Career Consulting Group Asia, said he has never heard of such clauses. 'This is rather unique to me,' he said.

Mr David Ang, the executive director of Singapore Human Resources Institute (SHRI), said it was important to make a distinction between 'contract of service' and 'contract for service'.

Contract of service is your typical work contract.

As long as you have worked for at least six months, you will be paid a salary during your pregnancy.

In a 'contract for service', you are contracted to do a certain job or service. For example, you could be contracted to write a book.

In this case, one could stipulate that if no work is done, there'll be no pay.

Mr Ang said there are several situations where it is reasonable for a contract for service to stipulate suspension because of pregnancy - such as if the job entails activities that could endanger the child's life.

However, he added that it was difficult to comment on WXYZ's case unless he knew the contract details.

WXYZ was not available for comment. Her artiste manager, Carolyn Chong, said that as artistes' contracts are confidential, they will not be able to comment.

However, Ms Ivy Low, assistant vice-president at MediaCorp's artiste management division, was quoted on MediaCorp news website xin.sg as saying that she was not told that WXYZ's contract was suspended and she was still arranging work for her.

She added that when an artiste is pregnant, her looks and stamina are affected, so the amount of work she gets will decrease.

Two MediaCorp artistes, who were recently pregnant, said they do not have such clauses in their contracts and they were still paid.

One of them was Joey Swee, 30. She gave birth to a baby boy last September, and was pregnant while she was on a previous contract, signed around 2004.

She said that if she was given one in her contract, she would 'respect the company's decision'.

Acting is different from other deskbound jobs, she said, because there may be strenuous physical exertion involved. 'We don't have any other choice,' she said.

Huang Biren, who confirmed she was pregnant with her second child just a week ago, said she will still be paid during her pregnancy.

'I don't know how similar or different my contract is (to WXYZ Tay's) because we don't discuss these things.

'All I know is my contract was signed four years ago. I wouldn't know about WXYZ.'

MediaCorp's Andrew Cheng later issued a press release stating that they do not terminate pregnant artistes:

Channel Newsasia.com - 'No termination of pregnant artistes', says MediaCorp

Posted: 31 July 2007 0932 hrs

SINGAPORE: MediaCorp has rebutted news reports yesterday, which quoted actress WXYZ Tay as saying that the media company had a "new policy" to suspend the contracts of actresses who are pregnant.

A Chinese daily had quoted the Queen of Caldecott as saying in Mandarin, during an interview with a magazine, that "pregnant artistes will have their contracts suspended temporarily and reinstated after they give birth. That is why for this period, I will have no income".

Ms Tay, 39, who is seven months pregnant with her second child, said there was no such policy in 2004 when she was expecting her first child. Then, she had hosted an infotainment programme.

But in a MediaCorp Studios' statement last night, senior vice-president of Production Resources Andrew Cheng said, "There is no termination of artistes who are pregnant."

He said, "The present service contract provides flexibility to artistes who are unable to discharge their duties fully due to their personal interest, to be paid according to the jobs they can perform. This also applies to artistes who are pregnant."

"MediaCorp Studios has always adopted a pro-family practice. Although the nature of the service contract is 'contract of services only', we still pay all pregnant artistes the three-month full pay (similar to permanent staff on maternity leave) with no obligation or extra commitment by the artistes." - TODAY/fa

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ent.../291338/1/.html

If even her own artiste manager confirmed that they are still sourcing jobs for her, and Andrew Cheng said that they do not terminate, then one wonders why WXYZ Tay claimed that she was suspended? Some possibilities:

1. She didn't understand the terms of her own employment contract with MediaCorp?

2. She knows she's getting unmarketable so she does a preemptive strike, releasing her sob story to gain public sympathy so that MediaCorp will think twice about sacking her.

Your guess is as good as mine. But knowing how attention-seeking she can be (from her previous media antics in the past 2 years), this woman isn't as simple as people think she is. Every move is calculated to gain media attention. But we can't blame her lah. What to do, roles are drying up.

- in a media world, any publicity is a good publicity, esp in this case when she will disappear for quite a while during the last few months of the pregnacy. not everyone can do a demi moore stunt during her pregnacy. (appearing nude in Vanity Fair)

- I though TCS has long changed to pay-per-work scheme? That's is the basic is low but if you clocked more on-screen hours, you will earn much more.

- there was one article in U weekly that correctly predicted her plight (before this news came out) the article wrote that TCS did such a wonderful job in her early days to propel her to the highest level, now it is too hard to drag her back to the grounds. Her age and fading star status (7 princess, anyone?) made casting her as main lead in a serial more difficult. She couldnt act like aunties whom happened to be the in-thing this season (both in HK and SG productions) and too expensive as a supporting star.

- lastly she is just doing what she is supposed to do - to get attention and provide entertainment. that i think she succeed...

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

A round of applause for the queen of cadecott hill....

Not saying I support her, but I just hate those companies who "terminate" or do anything funny during a females pregnancy period. Obviously, there is more than meets the eye stories claim by both her and MCS.

I have not watch anything from channel 5 or 8 or U for eons, standard had down from acceptable level. When almost all themes for drama or entertainment shows are copied form overseas productions, all drama is nothing but rolling the dough again and again, I dun want to further blind my eyes...

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

Guest Guest
A round of applause for the queen of cadecott hill....

She's more like a queen that is over the hill lah.... I don't think WXYZ in her heydays ever had international exposure like those made by Fann now (eg. movie stardom with Jackie Chan). I guess when you are passe and pregnant, any publicity will do lah.

• 3 months later...

Goodness, have you seen the re-run on Ch 8 of an old chinese serial on Wed night 10.30pm about the lives of the young and the restless- one of the station more daring series? In it, Ix Shen played some sort of beach boy and he looked hot!!!! Shaven head, goatee, slight beard, six-pack abs, broad tanned shoulder- Ix has never look hotter than then (this show must have been at least 7yrs ago). He was at his peak then. I got a hard-on just looking at him. Tay Ping Hui also in the show but I have my eyes only on Ix. Dont miss it. :thumb:

*chuckles* you are right, the show is titled "As You Like It" (no reference to the Shakespeare play of the same name) aka "Sui Xin Suo Yu".

It was first shown in 2000 on the Wednesday night 10.30 pm slot as authorities deemed the content too salacious and racy for prime time viewing.

That was more than 7 years ago. Now Ix looks old.

If you had seen him act as the terrorist in the recent army show with tay Ping hui...Ix looks so old...like an uncle. His complexion was pigmented and old! And his body....like an uncle. No more young and hunky!

Very soon, he will be another Chen Tianwen.....another ex-hunk of TCS....

Well everyone grows old and yes some even wither their beauty away with age... but there are some who still age gracefully or even look better in their golden years :)

i still do remember drooling over chen tianwen, chew chor meng and even james lye or benedict goh in their prime years of television... and over the years i still think they're just as hot...or even hotter ahha :)

ix shen i thought is still kinda ok la :) just remembered him for his killer abs :whistle:

Ix Shen, my fave hunk for the longest time and yes, I was shocked how old he looked when I saw him at the Star Awards. He is about the age of Kevin Cheng (TVB actor) who looks fantastic. Kevin is my favourite now.

i still do remember drooling over chen tianwen, chew chor meng and even james lye or benedict goh in their prime years of television... and over the years i still think they're just as hot...or even hotter ahha :)

Chew Chor meng is even worse. Looks fat and bloated.....

One actor that age well is Zheng ge ping. A few years back, he was also fat and bloated. But now he looks trim and fit. Guess exercise and a few nips and tucks help. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hey Ix has this very "silly" and "blur blur" look on his face that makes him very attractive. He has this "natural let people wanna takeover" charisma that contradicts to his great physique. What a strange person...

Guest Bloated

At least, he looks much better than Chew Chor Meng, who looks old and bloated, and stuck-up too! Met Ix Shen couple of times with his girlfriend at shopping centres. He treated his girlfriend so nice and protective. His girlfriend drives a famous sports car (black in colour) and Ix Shen sat besides.

• 4 months later...
Guest Exclamation

It is such a known fact that Chen Han Wei is a PLU, just like Dalai Lama is a Buddhist.

People who train at Planet Fitness would know him as an exhibitionist in the toilet, gosh he is super disgusting. Someone please tell him to train his legs and mind.

gosh he is super disgusting. Someone please tell him to train his legs and mind.

Why? Just because he did what many PLUs do everyday?

And I suppose you have a perfect physique? Why don't YOU tell him then?

Public figure or not, he's one of the nicest person I've ever known. Don't let jealousy cloud YOUR perfect mind.

"If Rice Is Expensive, Just Eat More Meat"

Guest -hopcire3-
Why? Just because he did what many PLUs do everyday?

And I suppose you have a perfect physique? Why don't YOU tell him then?

Public figure or not, he's one of the nicest person I've ever known. Don't let jealousy cloud YOUR perfect mind.

agreed..he looks great anyway at the club

he doesnt look like PLU actually

no matter what u do there is always pro and contra :smokin:

Guest Enlightened

Please do not be so ill informed: Chen han wei is more gay than Mas Selemat is Malay. He preys on young boys now, although he used to have older men showered on him. Can some1 tell him he is ugly?

I think i saw him in California Fitness.

And please, just because some of u cant get him even to glance at your ugly face doesnt mean u can tarnish his name in here. please look at the mirror first before talking bad on certain public figures.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest -thaiboyz-

He is a member of California Fitness and used to see him there regularly. I seen him in one of the Bkk's sauna as well few weeks ago. There is nothing wrong to be himself regardless he is a public figure or not. Everyone should have the right to be himself as long as he does not offend anyone. Though i ever shared machine with him once in the gym, we didnt chat at all except thank you after our rounds. Since after that, we will just smile when we walked pass each other. We all mind our own business.

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.