Male HQ

Scam Alerts : Grindr + Love + Massage + Job + Online + Loan + Gov Call Scam (compiled)

Guest Tom

On 1/16/2022 at 2:14 AM, kidster said:

I read from another article this young couple is only in their late 20s.

Very curious what exactly they do for a living. Totally impressed with their saving ability. Most people know how to earn but don't know how to save.  

120k in 5 years - each person contribute 60k.

60k for 5 years = 12k for 1 year.

That is saving 1k per month. why not possible?

some high flying fresh grad starting pay as an investment banking analyst is already 8k.

and there is also bonus. young people generally have not much commitment too.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:40 PM, Guest Guest said:

120k in 5 years - each person contribute 60k.

60k for 5 years = 12k for 1 year.

That is saving 1k per month. why not possible?

some high flying fresh grad starting pay as an investment banking analyst is already 8k.

and there is also bonus. young people generally have not much commitment too.

or they can be insurance agents. insurance agent very low barrier to entry but can earn alot.

dun need to be a top performer, average performer can even earn 120k per annum.

https://mothership.sg/2022/01/ocbc-scam-victims/

- Complaints on how OCBC was “nonchalant” and had no sense of urgency

- Victims expressed shock at how ill-equipped the bank was at handling scam cases.

- Being put on hold for over 20 mins and while waiting,

victims receive sms one after another informing that limits are increased & funds are being transferred out.

- Baffled at how scammers were able to conduct so many high-risk activities with their account, without ever giving out their OTP.

On 1/16/2022 at 7:38 PM, Guest Scary said:

how come high risk txs can go thru without otp? or perhaps the otp sms were diverted to the scammers. scary

They entered the OTP into the phishing website.... 

Guest Payroll

I am not surprised why some people have so much savings at a young age.   Their income is already quite high in their 20s.  When I was a payroll executive,  I felt some staffs do not deserve that kind of pay.  The boss has no sense of proportion to overpay some of the undeserving staff, in the range of $10,000 to $12000 per month.  Some people get at least $8000/month and still consider low and wanted to negotiate.  These group of people hardly do much work.  During performance appriasal, they have had hard time coming up with what they have achieved during the year.  Their overtime, is rather voluntarily for show, mostly spend on taxi claim thereafter and ordering massive fast food for dinner at office expenses.  They only need to work 10 years to have huge savings and then they jumped to another company asking for even higher salary.   Others, small fry, earning a mere $2000 to $4000/month, will have to slog forever in their lifetime and once they became unemployed, their savings lasted very short.  Life is not fair, issn't it.   People who earn very little, should take risk and get out of the system and be your own boss if that is possible and the only way out to change life.

Guest Ex payroll
On 1/20/2022 at 9:39 AM, Guest Payroll said:

I am not surprised why some people have so much savings at a young age.   Their income is already quite high in their 20s.  When I was a payroll executive,  I felt some staffs do not deserve that kind of pay.  The boss has no sense of proportion to overpay some of the undeserving staff, in the range of $10,000 to $12000 per month.  Some people get at least $8000/month and still consider low and wanted to negotiate.  These group of people hardly do much work.  During performance appriasal, they have had hard time coming up with what they have achieved during the year.  Their overtime, is rather voluntarily for show, mostly spend on taxi claim thereafter and ordering massive fast food for dinner at office expenses.  They only need to work 10 years to have huge savings and then they jumped to another company asking for even higher salary.   Others, small fry, earning a mere $2000 to $4000/month, will have to slog forever in their lifetime and once they became unemployed, their savings lasted very short.  Life is not fair, issn't it.   People who earn very little, should take risk and get out of the system and be your own boss if that is possible and the only way out to change life.

i was a payroll staff at an insurance company before and some of the young insurance agents below 30 really earn alot. Not uncommon to see pay like $80k for a quarter. But they dun have a basic salary and no cpf contribution. And yes their monthly transport & entertainment claims are horrendous, im sure some are for their own use but the company close one eye. i was told by my senior colleagues that not all of them work very hard, some are lucky and manage to hook on to big fish to give them big sales.

On 1/20/2022 at 6:57 AM, Guest Happy for them said:

I am happy they are compensated by the bank.

Yes very fortunate. 
Ocbc is not wrong when they say its a ‘goodwill’ payment.

to be honest, they are not obliged to. but they are under pressure to do so.

the victims are the ones who give out their passwords themselves. but it is just so easy for people to push all the blame to the bank.

some people even make noise and say ocbc shouldn’t say its ‘goodwill’ payment. but it honestly is. 

Guest Hard to believe

Anyone notice lately that news report people losing ten or hundreds of thousands due to scam etc. 

I don't even have 100k. Let alone 10k. 

23 year old got 300k to be scammed through job. Then why the 23 need the job le? 

I worked for the past 10 years also no 300k.

If I saved 1k per month. That's just 120k.

Are all Singaporean so rich? Or is the media trying to show how rich singaporean is. 

All this are money in their bank etc. Means not CPF. 

Is that why Singaporean now all become so money minded. Everyone is like hundred thousand of dollars in bank. 

All this money in bank and not investment. Inflation. Abit dumb right. If invest that 300k probably will become 1 million when retire 

But alas all this people who stupid enough to be scammed can have so much money. But not wise enough to invest it. 

He was stupid enough to get scammed and you were stupid enough to not even read the article about where the money he lost came from.

Obviously your stupidity didn’t cost you anything but I wouldn’t start calling other people stupid if I were you. 

On 1/20/2022 at 11:27 AM, Guest Ex payroll said:

i was a payroll staff at an insurance company before and some of the young insurance agents below 30 really earn alot. Not uncommon to see pay like $80k for a quarter. But they dun have a basic salary and no cpf contribution. And yes their monthly transport & entertainment claims are horrendous, im sure some are for their own use but the company close one eye. i was told by my senior colleagues that not all of them work very hard, some are lucky and manage to hook on to big fish to give them big sales.

If the juniors can earn so much, then the seniors, managers & top management …. 🙄😱😱

On 1/20/2022 at 12:41 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yes very fortunate. 
Ocbc is not wrong when they say its a ‘goodwill’ payment.

to be honest, they are not obliged to. but they are under pressure to do so.

the victims are the ones who give out their passwords themselves. but it is just so easy for people to push all the blame to the bank.

some people even make noise and say ocbc shouldn’t say its ‘goodwill’ payment. but it honestly is. 

I would say is cover backside paymemt,  if they dont pay,  it looks very bad on the bank and if everyone start to withdraw their money out of OCBC,  is even more disastrous for the bank. Once the trust token,  very difficult to get back.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:39 AM, Guest Payroll said:

Life is never fair, going forward in SG,  the rich will be getting richer and the poor,  poorer, hopefully a wealth tax can correct the situation a little bit. BTW,  does your ex-company still require staff ha.... 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:47 PM, Guest Hard to believe said:

Anyone notice lately that news report people losing ten or hundreds of thousands due to scam etc. 

I don't even have 100k. Let alone 10k. 

23 year old got 300k to be scammed through job. Then why the 23 need the job le? 

I worked for the past 10 years also no 300k.

If I saved 1k per month. That's just 120k.

Are all Singaporean so rich? Or is the media trying to show how rich singaporean is. 

All this are money in their bank etc. Means not CPF. 

Is that why Singaporean now all become so money minded. Everyone is like hundred thousand of dollars in bank. 

All this money in bank and not investment. Inflation. Abit dumb right. If invest that 300k probably will become 1 million when retire 

But alas all this people who stupid enough to be scammed can have so much money. But not wise enough to invest it. 

hiding behind a screen calling people stupid won't make you rich.

so get on your act now and start building your wealth

Part of the 300K was from his mother's saving. If you read the story, he used up all his savings after 30 transactions and then asked his mother to send the scammers money on his behalf.

Guest PLLP MAX
On 1/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, Guest Wtf said:

He was stupid enough to get scammed and you were stupid enough to not even read the article about where the money he lost came from.

Obviously your stupidity didn’t cost you anything but I wouldn’t start calling other people stupid if I were you. 

A fool and his money , is quickly parted.

But in this day and age where banks force you to do virtual banking , online banking. 

And Merchants insists that online retail and bank transaction is safe and time and time again, real life event prove , banks, retailers, vendors wrong , wrong , wrong. 

Anyone can be that fool, it can happen if you put too much personal info out there floating in cyberspace. 

I hope when i get bitten   , i will not lose everything in a matter of minutes. 

God help us alll.

Guest Turn off finger print auth

Guys! Please disable finger print authentication on your phone immediately! 

So my boyfriend challenged me that he can steal my money from my bank without scamming me. 

I don't believe him. 

He say if he can do it. Can he keep the 100?

I ask him how? He from tech. He say promise first. 

OK so last night we slept together. This morning my 100 dollars gone. 

I ask him how. 

He said when I sleep, I sleep like a pig. Move me around I also no feeling. 

So he woke up during the night and gently use my finger to unlock my phone and my bank app. 

Then he transferred 100 dollars to his account... 

I told him. Like this also can. You win liao. 

He also say why my bank account so little money. 

I cry. Ask him to take care of me. 

On 1/20/2022 at 4:44 PM, Guest Turn off finger print auth said:

So my boyfriend challenged me that he can steal my money from my bank without scamming me. 

I don't believe him. 

I ask him how. 

So he woke up during the night and gently use my finger to unlock my phone and my bank app. 

That's why iphone remove finger print, buy a new phone and keep it up-to-date. Yes, if your eyes is closed the face recon, won't unlock also.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:44 PM, Guest Turn off finger print auth said:

I don't believe him. 

I ask him how. 

I think most people already know about this.

Many years ago, was out drinking with colleagues.

One guy was dead drunk and we didnt know how to send him home. So we decide to call his gf but none has her number.

Someone suggested we search for her number via the colleague’s phone.

So we reach for his phone, place his finger on the thumbprint pad (it was an iphone) and the phone was unlocked immediately. All without his knowledge.

It was there and then I realise how easy someone can unlock your phone using your thumbprint.

Luckily iphone change to face recognition not long after, it’s much secured even though thumbprint method can be more convenient in situations like wearing masks.

This one of those so called asian scammers?

Found em on Grindr, noticed they made two accounts in the span of a few weeks. Changed their name and share some of the same pics.

I was in the process of being scammed by him until I read this thread :(

"Paul": https://instagram.com/paulsamsmith21?utm_medium=copy_link

"Henry": https://instagram.com/sexyhendrick01?utm_medium=copy_link

• 1 month later...
Guest It happens

I lost $5 to job scam, by  someone who claimed to be a recruit agent and we met privately in the community center.  I was asked to fill up job application form, had a brief interview and than told to pay a "refundable" fee of $5 if I didn't get a job within a month.  The guy dissappeared without a sight.   10 years later, he became my colleague in one of an MNC company I joined,  he couldn't recognised me anymore.  I let the matter rest and pretended I didn't know him either.  Though, the impression of him being a cheat remains, but it turns out he was a nice guy after working with him.  I think, people resort to being a cheat for a reason.  He was a family man and cirucmstances may have forced him to cheat me $5 during my naive days. 

Guest LLPP TTKK KNNCC
On 2/28/2022 at 8:29 PM, Guest It happens said:

I lost $5 to job scam, by  someone who claimed to be a recruit agent and we met privately in the community center.  I was asked to fill up job application form, had a brief interview and than told to pay a "refundable" fee of $5 if I didn't get a job within a month.  The guy dissappeared without a sight.   10 years later, he became my colleague in one of an MNC company I joined,  he couldn't recognised me anymore.  I let the matter rest and pretended I didn't know him either.  Though, the impression of him being a cheat remains, but it turns out he was a nice guy after working with him.  I think, people resort to being a cheat for a reason.  He was a family man and cirucmstances may have forced him to cheat me $5 during my naive days. 

He maybe forced to collect $5 for a syndicate.

Guest It happens
On 3/1/2022 at 11:30 AM, Guest LLPP TTKK KNNCC said:

He maybe forced to collect $5 for a syndicate.

He was a lone wolf, putting up fake advertisement on jobstreet.    Eventually, I realised he stay nearby the community center where I was being cheated.

That's why I dont do internet banking and I dont use iPhone and no thumb print password. All key in using password and physical banking. But having say that,still have to be careful of who is beside u and better unlock secretly. Bank will force u to do internet banking meh? If so then just put minimum amt in that account and put most in savings where u only do physical banking. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest
On 1/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, Guest Wtf said:

LOL. Really stupid who to those who entertain such thing.

I have lost count of the number of times I receive emails from my two banks pointing out that they will NEVER ask for my account details and that I must NEVER give out my account details to others. It seems those whose accounts were hacked failed to take note of these simple rules.

Unknown to me, in January a debit card of mine was hacked. I had used it for the first time to make a small internet purchase and had been directed to AliExpress which I had never used before. Within days, someone had the card number and was using it to make quite amazingly small purchases. The fraud department at my bank was soon on the phone to check if I had made those purchases. Informed that I had not, they cancelled the card, got me a new one and credited back to my account the monies that had been used by the hacker. That was the first time that i have ever had a debit card hacked. The fact that it was the first time I had used AliExpress in payment surely had to be something to do with it.

In summary, don't click any link from SMS or email, whether it is a phone, website or any massage.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 4/28/2022 at 1:32 PM, InBangkok said:

I have lost count of the number of times I receive emails from my two banks pointing out that they will NEVER ask for my account details and that I must NEVER give out my account details to others. It seems those whose accounts were hacked failed to take note of these simple rules.

Unknown to me, in January a debit card of mine was hacked. I had used it for the first time to make a small internet purchase and had been directed to AliExpress which I had never used before. Within days, someone had the card number and was using it to make quite amazingly small purchases. The fraud department at my bank was soon on the phone to check if I had made those purchases. Informed that I had not, they cancelled the card, got me a new one and credited back to my account the monies that had been used by the hacker. That was the first time that i have ever had a debit card hacked. The fact that it was the first time I had used AliExpress in payment surely had to be something to do with it.

Me too. My credit card was used for google ads and some facebook things. I received sms asking me to verify on another sms that will be sent later or else the transaction will be declined. The subsequent sms asking me to reply Y or N. I did not respond cause I thought if I did not reply Y the transaction will be declined. So no need to reply N. Cause I was paranoid to even respond. What if the whole things is another scam. 

The next day I received email from the bank saying that there is suspicious activities and unauthorized use of my credit card. My credit card will be suspended and ask me to call hotline immediately. I called and they said will send me a new credit card and ask me to monitor my statement. Anything to send them the card dispute form. I check on my apps, both the transactions are still pending. Hopefully the transactions do not go through. Really thanks the fraud department for doing such a good job. 

• 2 months later...
Guest Steven98

I've been receiving several calls from MOH. Sometimes I ignore. Sometimes I answered. Always talk to a guy in Mandarin. I just say ok ok then i hang up. Is that legit?

On 7/12/2022 at 10:50 PM, Guest Steven98 said:

I've been receiving several calls from MOH. Sometimes I ignore. Sometimes I answered. Always talk to a guy in Mandarin. I just say ok ok then i hang up. Is that legit?

What does he want?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• G_M changed the title to Scam Alerts : Grindr + Love + Massage + Job + Online + Loan + Gov Call Scam (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.