Male HQ

Investment in Thailand Properties

Hi all,

I am Ronald and currently working directly with a Thailand based marketing agency, who works directly with the major Thailand Developers, which include Ananda, Sansiri, AP Thai, Noble Development, Banyan Trees, Grande Asset, etc.

Personally I owned a property in Bangkok, and also understand the process and procedures in owning a property in Bangkok, Thailand.  Currently, I am also assisting some of my clients in managing their properties over there, starting from the purchase, handover inspection, renovation, and getting their unit ready for their own holiday home stay, or for rental out.

As we know, Bangkok is a LBGT friendly country, and the community there live well and accepted the LBGTs.  It is also an affordable country to stay, be it as a retirement home or as a holiday home.

The current opportunity is great indeed for those who are looking at getting a property there right now.  With the COVID situation, the economy in Thailand had been pretty much affected due to the drastic drop in tourism figures.  However, with the opening of the borders, things are already picking back up.  From Dec 21 till Jun 22, the new Night Market at Jodd Fairs from quiet or not so crowded to one that's packed every other night!

Prices of properties are beginning to pick up as well.  A new launch which is nearby to Jodd Fairs, Nue District R9 by Noble Development, had managed to sell up to 60% of the units since launch early this year and developer had increased the price over the period, demonstrating the confidence in the market!  Prices in Bangkok is pretty affordable, but please don't think is so cheap that with less than SGD100,000 you can get 1 unit.  In fact, the high end development in Bangkok can cost millions of SGD as well!

Will kick start my reach out to you guys through this forum, and hoping to update you guys, as well as provide my service and knowledge for the journey to own a property in The land of Smiles.

Feel free to contact me through PM or Tele - Leoster

The opportunity is here for those who wishes to get a property in Bangkok at a very reasonable pricing!

HOT FROM THE OVEN 😍

A new launch is coming up, and the preview is from 24 to 27 Jul 22 in Bangkok!

Location : 600 meters from BTS Phra Khanong, where a lot of expats now live in!

Type of Units : Studio, 1 BR, 1 BR +S, 2 BR

Price starting from THB 2.39 mil (est to be around SGD$95,600 based on SGD$1 : THB 25) for a studio unit (24 sqm), THB 99,584 per sq meter (psm).

Surrounding developments such as : Ideo Sukhumvit-Rama 4 (average THB140,000 psm), The Tree Sukhumvit-Rama 4 (average THB150,000 psm), and Knightsbridge Sukhumvit-Rama 4 (average THB140,000 psm)

Even when the market downturn - Take example of rental at THB8,000 per month for studio unit, your rental gross yield will be 4%!

Do contact me, if you are interested to find out more....

There is another development that will be launching soon at the favourite location for most in the circle - Silom!  Stay tune to find out more, or contact me to get first hand information!

Don't know where Phra Khanong is?

Take a quick look at how convenient is the location and what potential this location can provide, especially at this kind of pricing! 

Below SGD$100k for a 24 sqm studio size unit.

Usually with such pricing, the development is likely to be sold out, without much need for foreigners investors.  So if you are keen, do reach out to me at the soonest. 

24 to 27 Jul is the preview in Bangkok!

Tele: Leoster

Phra Khanong Surrounding_Compressed.png

Finally released from Developer.  Personally I am truly amazed by the pricing that the developer is launching this development.  Probably due to the delay as a result of COVID-19, and wanting to ride on the recovering economy.

Developer's tactic is always similar... launch low, then once there are enough interests, then they will just raise the pricing!  So if you are keen, do contact me to find out more.

Studio 24 sqm starting from THB 2,168,000 (appx SGD86,720 based on SGD1 : THB25)

1 Bedroom 31 sqm starting from THB 3,058,000 (appx SGD122,320)

Payment will be 15% down-payment! No further payment till nearing completion in 2025 (estimate)!

PM me or Tele me @Leoster

EDM with pricing_28 Jul 22.jpeg

Just like any other capital cities, the land prices in the capital are set to rise over the longer term in Bangkok.  The impact may not be seen immediately, but as the country develops, the property prices in Bangkok will continue to head upwards.

https://www.nationthailand.com/property/40017090

Bangkok will be one of the first South East Asia countries to have their internal High Speed Rail. Despite numerous issues to be resolved, at least they are taking steps to make it happen.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/thailand-high-speed-rail-project-bangkok-pattaya-airports-1313916

In addition, the latest from the government is to set a deadline for the completion of the High Speed Rail linking to China, by 2028.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2340997/govt-pledges-to-finish-high-speed-rail-link-to-china-by-2028

These are signs of an economic that's ramping up.  The timeline may still be adjusted, due to it being a huge project and involving many parties, but at least they are still moving towards the final delivery of the High Speed Rail.

The impact for a country, and the Capital City will be significant.  Land prices will likely head upwards when such transportation system is completed.  Hence, when coming to an investment decision, do you wait for the whole infra to be completed, or you will move ahead before all these complete?  

Twitter 上的 Karen Cupp:"Don't wait, buy real estate & wait. #quotes  #quoteoftheday #lifequotes #wordsofwisdom #quotesdaily #motivation  #motivationquotes #motivationalpost #inspirational https://t.co/SLYGRBJdbd"  / Twitter

Looks good but need to consider several factors:

* easy to buy but difficult to sell,  thai people prefer brand new house compare to a resale and since there are so many new launches of condo,  unless u r planning for own stay. 

* difficult to obtain a bank loan when u r not a local thai so unless u r cash rich. UOB seems to be the only bank offer a loan but the criteria is more stringent than a sg housing loan. 

* i remember 10 years back,  they are talking about big development of the makkasan area when selling condo there, till now nothing happen or looks like it is going to happen. 

*what happen when there is another covid-like pandemic occurs? 

*what happen when there is  political instability or a change of govt and change of policy for foreigner ownership. 

*What happens when the exchange rate flutuates? Thai baht strong u pay more,  thai baht weak,  your house "devalue".

In short,  is not so rosy picture,  need to consider a lot of factors for a foreign house,  be it thailand or anywhere else. 

Thank you for sharing your perspective. 

For all types of investment, there will always be risk. Is really dependent on individual purpose and appetite. 

For us who remain without offspring, will selling be important? Again, is subjective and I agree. However, working towards passive income wouldn't that be a possibility for long term retirement plan? 

Every market has its ups and downs. But as long as one is not greedy, a 4% to 6% returns good? 

Loan is across the board for overseas purchase due to high interest, but again if buying in SG, how many can afford? 

Any case, is always good to have open sharings, we don't need to agree with every point of views, but I think important for one to have the thoughts of both sides, and one can make a better and sound decision. 

Thank you @lonelyglobefor your thoughts and sharing. Very much appreciated. 👍😊

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who wish to explore Phuket as a possible holiday home / investment opportunity, here is a chance for you to make a trip to Phuket, Thailand!

A chance to get free accommodation whilst there, but terms and conditions apply. 

Do private msg me, if you wanna find out more.

PM me or Tele me @Leoster

Phuket Tour 16 to 18 Dec EDM.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Things are getting hot in Thailand!

With more tourists flocking back to Thailand, and the investment fever is heating up, it is no wonder that more people are getting interest in the Land of Smiles.  Potentially a more stable economy in South East Asia, policy wise still largely favorable towards foreigners investment, it is indeed an opportunity to be explored.

Rental yield is coming back at about 4% and above, and their deferred payment scheme is still very attractive to most investors. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/property/2439865/bangkok-land-prices-rise-10-3-in-q3

Introducing you a brand new launch, just 200 meters away from BTS Onnut, a well developed area, and an area which is well liked by both locals and expatriates, Aspire Onnut Station!  This development is having an early bird promotion with just 12% down-payment, and remaining 88% is payable in Q2, 2025 (estimate completion date).  Starting price for foreign quota is starting from THB 3,815,400 (appx $152.616 based on SGD 1 : THB 25).

https://yourthailandhome.com/2022/11/19/aspire-onnut-station/

If you are visiting Bangkok in this December, do contact me for viewing these opportunities.  We can fit your requirements with the various developments in Bangkok, Thailand, directly from Developers' sales. 

Tele me @Leoster

Aspire Onnut Station_EDM.png