Male HQ

S'pore to build tallest skyscraper with 63 storeys at 305m by 2028

Guest ffffffff

Guest Guest
On 8/6/2022 at 1:00 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Too short, after seeing KL Petrona 400+, taipei 101 @500+ and not to mention dubai khalifa @800+, 305 is quite xia suay by international standard.

You not singaporean?

Singapore can build the tallest building that shoot up far into the sky if it wants, but there are air traffic control restrictions in place due to its size.

To maintain SG as an aviation hub, it has to keep the airspace clear for planes to operate at Changi Airport.

I rather we are an aviation hub even though we are small, than to build stupid tall skyscrapers of no use, like what our nearest neighbour is planning to do.

Guest Boleh
On 8/6/2022 at 1:27 PM, Guest Guest said:

You not singaporean?

Singapore can build the tallest building that shoot up far into the sky if it wants, but there are air traffic control restrictions in place due to its size.

To maintain SG as an aviation hub, it has to keep the airspace clear for planes to operate at Changi Airport.

I rather we are an aviation hub even though we are small, than to build stupid tall skyscrapers of no use, like what our nearest neighbour is planning to do.

:clap::clap::clap:

Guest Tomato

As a city of buildings/streets/parks, Singapore fares very well.  This is a beautiful, orderly, functional city.

As a city of culture/sports/activities, Singapore has improved by a lot these few decades, despite a lot of such are driven by economy.

As a city of people, unfortunately (comparing to many cities, even the neighbouring/regional ones), the people (locals) are not so good looking, many appear to be rude (likely life stresses or simply the education).

On 8/6/2022 at 1:27 PM, Guest Guest said:

If you check with the regulations stipulated by CAAS, this concern about Changi Airport and building heights is ONLY applicable to the Eastern half of the island (East of BKE & CTE). Please refer to this map, from their website.

operations safety map

Слава Україні!

Guest Guest
On 8/6/2022 at 7:56 PM, sgmaven said:

If you check with the regulations stipulated by CAAS, this concern about Changi Airport and building heights is ONLY applicable to the Eastern half of the island (East of BKE & CTE). Please refer to this map, from their website.

operations safety map

there is no where in the article that says the red zone is not affected at all.

"As for the development and mobilisation of tall construction equipment within the red zone, CAAS needs to be consulted only if the proposed building height exceeds 150m AMSL (above mean sea level)."

S'pore is so small, it can't be that planes do not fly over the red zone, especially to and fro the western countries.

the other factor is defence strategy, which i shall not comment.

The title is a bit misleading as it doesn't say tallest building in Singapore.

I don't mind if they built into the sky. 

But I would wish that the Government stops touching the existing green belts. 

Was very sad when they announced to remove the green at Tengah. Such projects ignore climate change and global warming. Same for that military something extension or something else  at the green parts behind NTU. 

Why not built up all empty spaces at other urban parts first?

There are so many idle places everywhere around the city...

Guest Read carefully
On 8/6/2022 at 11:45 PM, singalion said:

The title is a bit misleading as it doesn't say tallest building in Singapore.

I don't mind if they built into the sky. 

But I would wish that the Government stops touching the existing green belts. 

Was very sad when they announced to remove the green at Tengah. Such projects ignore climate change and global warming. Same for that military something extension or something else  at the green parts behind NTU. 

Why not built up all empty spaces at other urban parts first?

There are so many idle places everywhere around the city...

You can find other articles and Read carefully, it says it is tallest building. 

Singapore is too small to make any impact on climate change and global warming. 

US and Europe on the other hand can do more. In New York or other mega cities in US and Europe, they can plant more trees and rebuild old buildings to be more self-sufficient in terms of electricity consumption. 

On 8/7/2022 at 1:28 AM, Guest Read carefully said:

Singapore is too small to make any impact on climate change and global warming. 

You don't feel the heat???

Do you think airconditioning is environmentally friendly?

Do you remember also how Singapore generates electricity???

On 8/7/2022 at 1:28 AM, Guest Read carefully said:

You can find other articles and Read carefully, it says it is tallest building. 

But Singapore can built the tallest building in Dubai... 

The title should be:

Tallest skycraper to be built in Singapore...

Edited by singalion

Guest Read Carefully
On 8/7/2022 at 1:33 AM, singalion said:

You don't feel the heat???

Do you think airconditioning is environmentally friendly?

Do you remember also how Singapore generates electricity???

I do feel the heat, but it is ok because fan and air conditioning are readily available. 

Air conditioning is not environmentally by any stretch of the imagination but what’s the alternative? Are the alternatives worth it? 

I am curious where New York and Los Angeles and other mega-cities in US and Europe get their electricity from. How they generate electricity?

If you study energy resources, you will know that Singapore is not blessed when it comes to renewable energy resources. No geothermal, no wind, poor solar. Singapore is yet to be a signatory of the 123 Agreement, so we have no concrete way of developing nuclear power. As such, our "only ways" of generating power are to burn fossil fuels or biomass, and take the little power that is generated from solar under our cloudy skies.

Compared with us, many countries have more alternatives for generating power. Many also have hydro-power. Think of it, even Japan has nuclear, hydro, and geothermal, in addition to fossil fuels and solar. Their wind resources are also better than our own.

Oh! What has that to do with tall buildings?

Слава Україні!

On 8/6/2022 at 11:20 PM, Guest Guest said:

there is no where in the article that says the red zone is not affected at all.

"As for the development and mobilisation of tall construction equipment within the red zone, CAAS needs to be consulted only if the proposed building height exceeds 150m AMSL (above mean sea level)."

S'pore is so small, it can't be that planes do not fly over the red zone, especially to and fro the western countries.

the other factor is defence strategy, which i shall not comment.

I am not sure how often you used to fly before the pandemic. I used to fly almost every week for a few years, and the approach to Changi always follows certain routes. And no, never have I ever flown overland over Singapore, except in a RSAF aircraft... The air traffic routes all fly by the coast.

Слава Україні!

Guest Common sense
On 8/6/2022 at 7:56 PM, sgmaven said:

operations safety map

Heard of military air bases? And roads that can be transformed to runway during emergency?

On 8/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, Guest Common sense said:

Heard of military air bases? And roads that can be transformed to runway during emergency?

You mean the air base that is being expanded due to the vacating of the other air base for civilian development? Then why doesn't CAAS impose those same rules across the entire island? Anyway, I doubt there is much demand for such high buildings in the West of the island, considering it is either not prime land, or land gazetted for GCBs (hence no tall buildings).

Слава Україні!

Guest Common sense
On 8/7/2022 at 5:02 PM, sgmaven said:

You mean the air base that is being expanded due to the vacating of the other air base for civilian development? Then why doesn't CAAS impose those same rules across the entire island? Anyway, I doubt there is much demand for such high buildings in the West of the island, considering it is either not prime land, or land gazetted for GCBs (hence no tall buildings).

Locations of air bases. Air defence. Period. Restrictions are in place for strategic reasons.

Huh? You mean that you can construct higher in the West, without need for a permit by the CAAS, where there is a major airbase is located? How is that logical? Especially when that base has that long, straight road constructed next to it? You mean you can then happily build a construction tower there?

Yes, air defense is important, so what rules are in place in that part of Singapore?

Слава Україні!

Guest ffffffff
On 8/6/2022 at 6:10 PM, Guest Tomato said:

As a city of buildings/streets/parks, Singapore fares very well.  This is a beautiful, orderly, functional city.

As a city of culture/sports/activities, Singapore has improved by a lot these few decades, despite a lot of such are driven by economy.

As a city of people, unfortunately (comparing to many cities, even the neighbouring/regional ones), the people (locals) are not so good looking, many appear to be rude (likely life stresses or simply the education).

Yup, so many ride toads. Result of the fast paced environment and lifestyle.😒

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.