Male HQ

Racist/ Sexist VS Just Stating your Preference?

Straight4Straight

It’s a WOKE generation now. 
I’m just curious what the sentiment is since I see it quite often on Social Apps like Grindr or even here on BW where people: 

- put their preference in terms of race/ colour (white, chin only) 

- indicate the type of body they wanna be with (fit, chub chase) 

- include preference for demeanour like one likes Fem, CDs and the other would like Manly or Masculine/ “straight like” 

To some it’s politically incorrect, to others it’s just stating their choice and preference! 

what’s your take on this? 
Are we over thinking?

or can we just respect the reality that people have preferences and they mean no harm!

Edited by Straight4Straight

• Straight4Straight changed the title to Racist/ Sexist VS Just Stating your Preference?

In the light of the woke culture that is so prevalent especially in the US (where it all started after all), indication of race, body types and inclinations can be interpreted as discrimination.

For the past 2 decades, in Singapore, the work culture has been applied specifically to the marginalised in Singapore.  For example, we no longer can say a 'blind person' when writing a social report.  They are now known as person who is visually handicapped.  We no longer classify poor people as 'poor' but as 'persons needing financial assistance', and the list goes on and on.  If, by error, I should use the old terminology in my social reports, I would be branded as being discriminating and being disrespectful of the person.

In Singapore, the Advertising Standards Authority does not allow specification of age, race, religion or gender in public advertisements.  Such specifications are seen as discrimination and against the principle of equal opportunities for all.

So  my take is better not to indicate one's preference and start a hate culture.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Thanks for taking the time to give proper context especially that, I’m not a local so it’s best to act and behave In a way that’s culturally appropriate and respectful. 

it seems to be taking strides towards the right direction. I do find myself guilty of having certain preferences. 

i suppose it is just in the manner of saying or articulating that could somehow spell the difference between stating what you would like in a partner or inviting hate conversations as you rightly put. 

On 9/2/2022 at 1:29 PM, begleitung said:

Mayb stating ur preference wld save a lot of trouble filtering the unwanted?

Yes totally.  But I have yet to craft how to say it without igniting rage. I don’t know how tho. Like how do you say you prefer manly, not fem without sounding mean? Coz some people will take it negatively. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 6:07 AM, Straight4Straight said:

It’s a WOKE generation now. 
I’m just curious what the sentiment is since I see it quite often on Social Apps like Grindr or even here on BW where people: 

It is true that in the woke culture of our days one has to be careful when releasing words or writings to the general public.

But in a more personal setting,  we should expect that the individuals we interface with should have enough self-esteem to not be offended by our preferences.  

For a start, dont use words like NO or ONLY because they are really about exclusion and hence discriminatory eg No fem/chubby or Only Chinese. “Crazy about tall guys with long dicks” make readers who dont fit into this category not take it so personally, as compared with “No short dicks. Only tall guys”.