Male HQ

New Apple Watch Ultra Announced

sgmaven

Apple announced the new Apple Watch and iPhone line-ups yesterday. A new type of Apple Watch, the Ultra, has been announced. Targeted at those who do endurance sports and like going off-road/trail. What do you guys think? I think the features are pretty cool!

Слава Україні!

On 9/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, sgmaven said:

Apple announced the new Apple Watch and iPhone line-ups yesterday. A new type of Apple Watch, the Ultra, has been announced. Targeted at those who do endurance sports and like going off-road/trail. What do you guys think? I think the features are pretty cool!

Yes especially the apple watch ultra. What I find it cool is the dual-frequency gps, advanced mapping capability (ie waypoint tracker & creator) although it’s still not quite in par with Garmin. Unfortunately 36 hrs of battery life is still not quite impressive (considering Garmin Enduro having more than 30 days of battery life) for the price point. Hopefully the proclaimed brighter display under the sun is true. There’s also a compromise in aesthetics with thicker body and raised metal bezel. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

On 9/8/2022 at 5:57 PM, Coolbriz said:

Yes especially the apple watch ultra. What I find it cool is the dual-frequency gps, advanced mapping capability (ie waypoint tracker & creator) although it’s still not quite in par with Garmin. Unfortunately 36 hrs of battery life is still not quite impressive (considering Garmin Enduro having more than 30 days of battery life) for the price point. Hopefully the proclaimed brighter display under the sun is true. There’s also a compromise in aesthetics with thicker body and raised metal bezel. 

Well, the Apple Watch Ultra does a whole lot more than Garmin, especially the Emergency Rescue facility, which is quite special. Noted that most people will NEVER need it, but for those of us who like trekking overseas, this adds some sense of security that you are covered if you really get lost (together with the Wayfinder feature).

Слава Україні!

On 9/8/2022 at 5:40 PM, Since u r here said:

share w us @ IT restroom

U buying?

The new iPhone 14 Pro model has a 48MP sensor for the main camera, which can condense into a 12 MP sensor by grouping the sensors together. Will be very interested to see the results of real-world photography with this set-up, and it may convince me to ditch my DSLR when I go travelling.

Слава Україні!

My first iPhone was the iPhone 4, if I remember correctly. Yes, I use my iPhone for casual photos, but I still used to use my DSLR for my travel pics, especially landscapes and art. I use a 50 MP DSLR, so for a long time, Apple never gave me something close until now.

Слава Україні!

On 9/8/2022 at 6:11 PM, sgmaven said:

My first iPhone was the iPhone 4, if I remember correctly. Yes, I use my iPhone for casual photos, but I still used to use my DSLR for my travel pics, especially landscapes and art. I use a 50 MP DSLR, so for a long time, Apple never gave me something close until now.

If no professional is shooting a wedding on an iPhone regularly, regardless of their model, it's still monumental leaps for iPhone to even come as close to a DSLR hahaha! Point and shoots are still king of photo quality, an iPhone or any Android phone for that matter, is a camera of convenience.

Edited by Rhyn

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

I am not a professional photographer, although I have had photos used by companies for their commercial purposes (licensed photography). Of course, I do know that there is a difference between a DSLR kit and a point-and-shoot, and even a smart phone. Just that image quality has improved in the smart phone arena by leaps and bounds. Also, as I age, carrying my DSLR kit and long lenses is getting more difficult (especially for a full-day hike). So, if I think the iPhone 14 Pro can approximate in image quality, then I am fine with it.

Слава Україні!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.