Male HQ

Why some friends only stay with you if you still have money?

Guest Lawrence

The world is full of people who use other people for money.

But what is your situation?   You were maintaining, paying for your friend,  or did you share expenses and suddenly you did run out of money and he would have to maintain you?

Were you a sugar daddy?   There is nothing wrong with helping out your friend with money,  usually it is the older who pays for the younger one.  But if you want to be a sugar daddy,  make sure that you never run out of money!

That is TYPICAL Human... always watch your back and play their game too along the way....you definitely can TELL...same goes to those who judge by orientation...sorry you encounter that...time for you to find friends who treasure friendship then anything else which is so hard to find nowadays...

On 9/23/2022 at 4:36 AM, Guest Lawrence said:

Why there are people like that? When pocket dries up, they leave.

Did they just use me?

They are not friends.

They are leechers. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Not Again
On 9/23/2022 at 5:10 AM, Steve5380 said:

usually it is the older who pays for the younger one. 

I wouldn't advocate for such a viewpoint.  The younger generations today are wealthier because they are less stressed than the Baby Boomer generations, who made an effort to manage their finances.  After school, I observed teenagers dining at upscale establishments, while some older people have to budget their money for necessities.
Do you anticipate the older person to cover the younger person's expenditures everytime they meet?

Guest The Mask
On 9/23/2022 at 8:45 PM, Guest Derelict said:

Sometimes I run into 'old friends'. I know them very well. So they are bound to ask what I'm doing. I'll say umemployed. They will quickly make their excuses and leave.

What better time to decide who is your genuine friend?  When you are poor.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:45 PM, Guest Derelict said:

Sometimes I run into 'old friends'. I know them very well. So they are bound to ask what I'm doing. I'll say umemployed. They will quickly make their excuses and leave.

What do u expect? Ask u go karaoke? Go movie? Everything in Singapore needs money, what else u expect your friends to say? Will u be happier if they take pity of you and ask you 101 questions why u jobless and not taking up even part-time?

Unless guys are really close, i think they are just trying not to bother you. Unless you asked them out and they reject u perhaps you can make that statement.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:45 AM, Guest Derelict said:

LOL!  If I am asked by a friend what I do,  I also have to say unemployed.   Because I have been retired for over 20 years.   But they would not rush away.  Instead they would ask " how can you be retired so long if you look so young?  What is your secret?  ".  And I would have a wonderful time explaining them my "secret". 

If you are young,  there is no reason friends leave if you are unemployed,  unless you start asking them for money.  But if they leave you ONLY because you have no money,  rejoice,  you are getting rid of them.

Did they just use me?

U should be happy that they stayed when u have money 

U might come a day , u have money still no friends 

Guest Friend lor

Friends is a concept made up in school. 

Home schooled children have no friends. 

Adult have no friends. 

Adults friend have a purpose - to find that significant others. 

You ever noticed friends who have significant others suddenly don't have time for you anymore. 

You hear less from them etc. 

Then when they breakup, you'll be the first to hear about their problem. 

And they are back in the market for "friends". 

Friends also don't exists at work. People are just friendly and competitive. Either you are promoted or I am. 

Friends at work also just for the purpose of bitching about bosses or customers or other colleagues. 

Most adults also just rather go lunch alone. Having to be "friend" with lunch gang, when they quit. Or you quit, you'll find that you have to make "friends" again. 

Most adults just stopped trying. 

Same as older adults trying to "friend" young adults like just started working etc. Just want to guide them etc. Feel needed. 

Eventually we are all alone in this world. 

On 9/23/2022 at 9:49 PM, Ironrod said:

What do u expect? Ask u go karaoke? Go movie? Everything in Singapore needs money, what else u expect your friends to say? Will u be happier if they take pity of you and ask you 101 questions why u jobless and not taking up even part-time?

You can tell them you took up volunteer job without getting paid.  It is called giving back in in kind.  That should count for something during unemployment?

On 9/26/2022 at 10:25 AM, Guest Friend lor said:

Adult have no friends. 

You ever noticed friends who have significant others suddenly don't have time for you anymore. 

Friends also don't exists at work. People are just friendly and competitive. Either you are promoted or I am. 

Friends at work also just for the purpose of bitching about bosses or customers or other colleagues. 

Most adults also just rather go lunch alone. Having to be "friend" with lunch gang, when they quit. Or you quit, you'll find that you have to make "friends" again. 

Same as older adults trying to "friend" young adults like just started working etc. Just want to guide them etc. Feel needed. 

Sorry to hear that this is your experience. I agree that as adults much focused on career or raising children , there seems to be no time for friends. And yes nowadays i prefer to lunch alone in the office (fastest, no need to stress over chit chatting or worse, sit at same table as supervisors).

It was easier to make friends in my younger days in my previous workplace, and to this day we meet monthly to makan and share good times together. Is there anything mutually beneficial in our spending time together? Yes, someone to hear my problems and to share funny stories with. Are they career minded and competitive? Maybe they are, but they also chose to continue investing in this friendship. 

Even from a purely self serving standpoint, having long lasting friends is to maintain my mental wellbeing. I also choose to believe that I want to positively contribute to their mental wellbeing. 

Maybe in the most fundamental level I agree with you that everyone is alone cos our thoughts and experiences are unique to us. But if i use that as a reason to stop relating to people it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:25 AM, Guest Friend lor said:

Adult have no friends. 

yes all will die alone in the end. but at least knowing someone that can share some of your unique view, its a nice feeling, till  we become dust. but then again dont put your hopes high. 

Guest U Stoopid
On 9/23/2022 at 9:49 PM, Ironrod said:

Unless guys are really close, i think they are just trying not to bother you. Unless you asked them out and they reject u perhaps you can make that statement.

You are a sor hai. Whack you on the head with iron rod.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, Guest Not Again said:

I wouldn't advocate for such a viewpoint.  The younger generations today are wealthier because they are less stressed than the Baby Boomer generations, who made an effort to manage their finances.  After school, I observed teenagers dining at upscale establishments, while some older people have to budget their money for necessities.
Do you anticipate the older person to cover the younger person's expenditures everytime they meet?

Yes if the young guy let the older guy fark him 

On 9/26/2022 at 10:35 AM, Guest I Blow said:

You can tell them you took up volunteer job without getting paid.  It is called giving back in in kind.  That should count for something during unemployment?

They will call you kum gong 

Not only friends when you have money they around at times famillies members also the same. Now is hard to find friend will go thick and thin with you as now you need to opened your eyes wide and ears who are they really are. Are they being genuine towards you or being plastic fantastic like your credit cards.

• 2 months later...

U keep asking yr friend wanna go holiday yr friend keep dragging  and u have waited for his reply for 10years.with no results But he want  this and that from u .I started to dump all this friend .

It happened to me also. We were coworker at first then became closer. He told me his dreams and also problems  i got carrried away. He asked me to lent him money to buy car because it was his long time dream.  I declined and relationship turned sour. He started ignoring me and workplace became awkward.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:26 AM, Guest Err72 said:

It happened to me also. We were coworker at first then became closer. He told me his dreams and also problems  i got carrried away. He asked me to lent him money to buy car because it was his long time dream.  I declined and relationship turned sour. He started ignoring me and workplace became awkward.

I called those frens leeches.

Guest Papaya

Did they just use me?

Unless u always spent on them. I dont spend on friend, so my money dry or not not their concern

No money could avoid friends using you as contingency plan. Help you develop thriftiness, stop you from worrying too much about materialism, keep your mind free of worldly wants, and prevent scammers from accessing your bank account.

• 2 months later...

Did they just use me?

It's unfortunate, but sometimes people can be motivated by material possessions or financial gain, and they may only maintain a friendship for as long as they see a benefit or advantage in doing so. These types of friendships are often shallow and may not have a strong foundation built on genuine care, trust, and mutual respect.

It's important to remember that true friendships are built on shared values, common interests, and a genuine connection. They are not based on material possessions or financial status. If you feel like your friends are only interested in you for your money, it may be time to re-evaluate the nature of the friendship and consider whether it's healthy and fulfilling for you.

It's also important to recognize that friendships, like all relationships, require effort and communication to maintain. If you feel like your friends are only interested in you for financial reasons, consider having an open and honest conversation with them about your concerns. It's possible that they may not even realize how their behavior is affecting you.

Ultimately, the most important thing is to surround yourself with people who care about you for who you are, not what you have. Seek out friendships that are based on mutual respect, trust, and genuine connection, and don't be afraid to let go of friendships that are unhealthy or unfulfilling.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.