Male HQ

Would you occupy a seat meant for elderly or needy?

Guest Tarly26

On 10/2/2022 at 5:26 PM, And then said:

I just don't understand why people think there is such a big difference between a priority seat and the ones next to it. 

Really kinda ridiculous

You can lean on the glass panel at the priority seats I guess. If for some reason you want to lean on something and you’re in between two people it’s probably not going to make anyone happy.

But a seat is a seat.

I would sit in a seat reserve for "elderly" of course,  because... I am elderly.  But if someone is standing that is "needy",  elderly immediately will yield seat to needy. 

In a restroom with some empty cubicles and one is for handicapped,  I will take the handicapped because it is more comfortable and less used.  I don't spend much time in there,  so if a handicapped happens to come in,  he won't have to wait much.

Definitely, why waste the empty seat? This is not like seven month when the first row of getai seat need to be reserved for good brother.

If someone need it more, then let them sit. Sometime these elderly prefer to go behind and look for normal seat. Anyway,  as SG aging issue continues, eventually most seats will be converted to priority seat. 

No, I would never seat on the Reserved Seat. If I have no choice, and I took those seats, I would pay very close attention to the commuters and if anyone need those seats, I would be sure to jump up and offer my seat to them. I want to be in a society where people care about others. Empathy and compassion are such underrated qualities of civilisations. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.