Male HQ

Elon Musk and Twitter

sgmaven

Someone in his perceived intelligence didn’t or couldn’t understand that Free Speech can be uttered from the mouth, and there is no need to use Twitter which is a digital platform. If they disagree with paying $8 for the blue tick, they can still use Twitter for free just without the blue tick. They also can choose to use other digital platforms to utter their free speech, not necessarily Twitter. 

And ironically these other people lamenting that they have to pay $8 for “free speech” is also complaining Twitter is firing some of Twitter staff. How do they expect Twitter to pay the salaries of these staff? 

Edited by 7heaven
j

Guest Derelict

Years before Musk took over, I registered for a twitter account.

When I tried to log in. The screen kept going blank. So I closed the account. And the display message was:"did we do something wrong?"

Maybe musk did something right triming staff who are inept and just there to work in a cool place.

35 minutes ago, Guest Derelict said:

When I tried to log in. The screen kept going blank. So I closed the account. And the display message was:"did we do something wrong?"

Maybe musk did something right triming staff who are inept and just there to work in a cool place.

How do you know it was a twitter error, could have been your browser settings...

Guest ffffffff
1 hour ago, singalion said:

How do you know it was a twitter error, could have been your browser settings...

Facebook worked but not twitter.

If it was browser settings, how were they able to mag me on a blank screen?

Guest ffffffff
1 hour ago, singalion said:

But facebook marketplace just as weird. I downloaded the app. Everything worked but I couldn'e reply to messages or send out messages. But people could send in. No response from them. 

If that's their way of saying I'm not welcome, I did the right thing by deletimg Facebook, FB marketplace and the chat. 

13 hours ago, Guest Derelict said:

11 hours ago, Guest ffffffff said:

Facebook worked but not twitter.

If it was browser settings, how were they able to mag me on a blank screen?

Now we know that "Guest Derelict" and "Guest ffffff" are the same person.  What a shame to keep jumping identities... no self-worth...   possible mental trauma...

Guest ffffffff
5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Now we know that "Guest Derelict" and "Guest ffffff" are the same person.  What a shame to keep jumping identities... no self-worth...   possible mental trauma...

You aren't mental but just a noisy old lady who likes to voice opinions when it isn't wanted 😁

It's pathetic to come here and treat Asians as if they are fools.

Your own countrymen probably called your bluff and ran you out of is internet town.

Having an moniker like stevie5432 makes you a famous author?🤭

Stick to knitting your own panties for therapy.

Guest ffffffff
5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Just wondering if you work part time for the Singapore internet brigade.

Your bahavior certainly fits the profile. Since you are convinced fffff and derelict are the same person. But so what? Is there a limit on guest nicks?

Maybe you should see a shrink for obsessing over this🤣

1 hour ago, Guest ffffffff said:

Maybe you should see a shrink for obsessing over this🤣

Obsessed over this?  over Guest fffffff and Guest Derelict being the same guy?  I find it hilarious the way you gave yourself away, :lol:  Wahahahahaha....

Now, if you get upset because a clever senior Ang Moh immediately made the connection and exposed your fraud...  you should see a shrink.   As for me,  since I am not the Moderator, I don't give an ice-cooled bird shit which troll you are, or how many you are.  I have built good troll-immunity,  ha ha.

Guest Steve53800069
47 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Obsessed over this?  over Guest fffffff and Guest Derelict being the same guy?  I find it hilarious the way you gave yourself away, :lol:  Wahahahahaha....

Now, if you get upset because a clever senior Ang Moh immediately made the connection and exposed your fraud...  you should see a shrink.   As for me,  since I am not the Moderator, I don't give an ice-cooled bird shit which troll you are, or how many you are.  I have built good troll-immunity,  ha ha.

Blusterung aren't you? 

You are the one concerned about multiple nicks while it is as clear as day there' no rule on BW thatone can't have many nicks.

So what if you know I'm using two nicks? I'm lettin you know - not that you are bright enough to expose me. I'll use as many as I like. And there are some others posting as Derelict. And what are you going to do? Hmmm?

You are the greatest member troll here. If you want fame, use your real name and write a book. Instead of hiding behind a handle and letting Steve3250 achieve infamy. Any point in that? Do you get the Pulitzer Prize for that? 

News Images | Free Vectors, Stock Photos & PSD

Wow, the infamous BW Guest nick impersonator is now active in twitter!

Twitter will ban impersonators, Elon Musk says, as users flock to take his name

After the announcement by Elon Musk, several accounts that had changed their name to his appeared to be suspended

Elon Musk

Mon 7 Nov 2022

Elon Musk has said that any Twitter handles engaging in impersonation without clearly specifying “parody” will be “permanently suspended”, issuing the warning after some celebrities changed their display names and tweeted as “Elon Musk”

The new Twitter CEO tweeted on Sunday night: “Previously, we issued a warning before suspension, but now that we are rolling out widespread verification, there will be no warning.”

On Sunday evening, several accounts that had changed their name to Elon Musk or approximations of Elon Musk appeared to be suspended or placed behind a warning sign, including those of US comedian Kathy Griffin and Australian satirical website the Chaser.

Is Twitter becoming the next social (media) kindergarten? [Probably it always has been already...]

Edited by singalion

6 hours ago, Guest ffffffff said:

just a noisy old lady who likes to voice

Damn, did I seriously miss Steve's drag show performance....

Would have loved seeing this in real, in particular with some Aikido moves... while all the glitter falling off from the face to the floor...

Guest ffffffff
24 minutes ago, singalion said:

No Steve got the Pullitzer Price instead, namely for pulling your leg... 😂

Some things he do not need to pull, like the flesh on his body. Lost to gravity.

in your case you need to pull your nose. 🤣🤣🤣

Guest ffffffff
12 minutes ago, singalion said:

Would have loved seeing this in real, in particular with some Aikido moves... while all the glitter falling off from the face to the floor...

Steve would be a gargantuan 🤣🤣🤣

Have you watched Priscilla queen of the desert?

15 minutes ago, Guest ffffffff said:

Steve would be a gargantuan 🤣🤣🤣

Have you watched Priscilla queen of the desert?

Sure, I have Guest Derelict.  Loved it.

I guess Steve fell from the doubledecker bus on the trip through the desert....during the rehearsals , that's why we missed seeing him in that movie... 😂

Guest Derelict
23 minutes ago, singalion said:

Sure, I have Guest Derelict.  Loved it.

I guess Steve fell from the doubledecker bus on the trip through the desert....during the rehearsals , that's why we missed seeing him in that movie... 😂

Don't people just love to impersonate me.😁

9 hours ago, singalion said:

Of course all the glitter in my face falls down... together with my face.  In Aikido it is important to fall down... with grace and good technique.

If a multi-billionaire is of decent nature,  he will eventually live from his success and become a benefactor of humanity.  Bill Gates is doing this.

But Musk seems to have higher ambitions. like eying a career in politics, and he may see twitter as a way to get there?  His support for the GOP may indicate that he wants to reach an important position in this party,  a seat in the Senate or a run for president?   Well... at least he could not be worse than Trump was.

Guest Oh dear
7 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

If a multi-billionaire is of decent nature,  he will eventually live from his success and become a benefactor of humanity.  Bill Gates is doing this.

But Musk seems to have higher ambitions. like eying a career in politics, and he may see twitter as a way to get there?  His support for the GOP may indicate that he wants to reach an important position in this party,  a seat in the Senate or a run for president?   Well... at least he could not be worse than Trump was.

I don't doubt his capability to make America an economic success.  He is a very successful businessman and he knew exactly what he will do and how to lead, unlike politicians who are e from arm forces or in government services all their lives.  But...I am also worried he may clam down on LGBT since he hated his transgender daughter so much.  

Running a successful commercial enterprise is very different from running a country. Besides, if you look at what has happened with Twitter post-acquisition, you would know that Elon Musk has not been acting rationally - firing half the staff of Twitter, then trying to rehire some of them...

It is clear that Elon Musk is highly-ambitious, and also thinks a world of himself. As to whether he will be better or worse than Donald Trump, only time will tell...

Слава Україні!

Looks like total Chaos is running the business of Musk with twitter!

Is this a joke?

Oops. Twitter is already trying to rehire workers Elon Musk fired days ago, sources say

November 7, 2022

Twitter Inc., after laying off roughly half the company on Friday following Elon Musk’s $44 billion acquisition, is now reaching out to dozens of employees who lost their jobs and asking them to return.

Some of those who are being asked to return were laid off by mistake, according to two people familiar with the moves. Others were let go before management realized that their work and experience may be necessary to build the new features Musk envisions, the people said, asking not to be identified discussing private information.

The requests for employees to return demonstrate how rushed and chaotic the process was.

2 hours ago, sgmaven said:

Running a successful commercial enterprise is very different from running a country. Besides, if you look at what has happened with Twitter post-acquisition, you would know that Elon Musk has not been acting rationally - firing half the staff of Twitter, then trying to rehire some of them...

It is clear that Elon Musk is highly-ambitious, and also thinks a world of himself. As to whether he will be better or worse than Donald Trump, only time will tell...

Looks like Musk is the same style erratic such as Trump.

Musk is no an example for bad leadership in leadership forums....

Leadership

What Elon Musk could learn from Stripe about properly conducting layoffs after chaotic Twitter culling

Twitter’s and Stripe’s layoff memos provide a look at how employers should—and shouldn’t—treat employees.

November 7, 2022

8 hours ago, sgmaven said:

Running a successful commercial enterprise and running a country have one thing in common:  knowledge.   And there are millions who are able to acquire such knowledge.

But there are fewer who have interest in doing these things, and even fewer who have access to the best sources of information to become knowledgeable.  What is important is to have MONEY.  With enough money and some time, we can become the most expert in running a business and/or running a country,  after finding the most outstanding teachers, masters, gurus in these areas. 

But which already successful person will think that he still has something to learn?  Trump thought that his ability to bluff and deceive were perfect for imposing his ideas of super-genius,  like drinking bleach, to make "America Great Again".   And Musk must think that a one-in-a-million super universal genius like him has placed him far above the rest of humanity,  so there is nothing more for him to learn from others. 

It will be interesting to see....    Hopefully he does not cause too much damage!

11 hours ago, Guest Oh dear said:

But...I am also worried he may clam down on LGBT since he hated his transgender daughter so much.

Isn't it interesting how LGBTQs we can arrive in this world in any society, family, environment?   The most rabid religious conservative families can have offspring who are born LGBTQ.  A good example is the case of vice-president Dick Cheney, who has a lesbian daughter.  And now, Musk with his transgender daughter.  

When these rabid religious conservative families have one ounce of decency,  having a LGBTQ offspring is sufficient to open their eyes and drop their homophobia. But not all are decent.  In any case, society seeing these LGBTQs emerge from such distinguished and proper and holy families should be convinced that homosexuality is not a choice, an environmental failure, but a natural occurrence.

😅 we can see a huge meltdown from the left wing and liberal people with Twitter privatisation. This arose because the new owner Musk publicly stated he preferred a Republican majority in some branches of US government. Previously, Musk was a left wing supporter, now, he has switched sides.

Their media buddies, activists etc are working overtime to undermine the new owner such as but not limited to pressuring businesses to suspend advertisements on Twitter, to ridiculing the $8 subscription charge for blue tick etc. The underlying motivation is clear; that they want Twitter to fail under the new owner because he no longer supports left wing people. 

Such actions are not new as it is very characteristic of them to cancel anybody who disagree with them or have different ideologies as them. 

The above complete posts sounds like these "deep state" conspiracy theory claims, I just wonder how many pedophiles Musk will find in the basement of twitter's corporate office this round.... 😂

And always these rhetorical phrases.... "meltdown from the left" .

I instantly start laughing when I read such phrases...

What "twitter privatisation" also, was twitter no private corporation before Musk took over?

To be honest, the blue tick should be a yearly exercise and not a monthly fee.

It is obvious Musk "invented" it to drive in money as his purchase of twitter was totally overpriced.

People should look back why Trump was suspended on twitter and how long twitter "accepted" the posting of lies by Trump on twitter.

Presidents are not kings who can flout rules, lie and spew hate.

Other twitter users were suspended or blocked for much simpler violations than Trump.

In my view Twitter was quite patient for plenty of years with Trump's tweets.

In my personal opinion, US president's shouldn't be on such forums as twitter at all because it confuses the image of political propaganda and the fact that they are office holder. Sure the President can have an official twitter account but then don't use it for political rhetoric or to attack other politicians.

If Musk intends to run as a bigger truth social, then good luck... I don't think it will gain a lot of advertisers...

I would also not count much on what Musk says today.... that guy is famous for switching opinions faster than you can shake your head. Today he may promote this party, tomorrow another...

On a note: drawing the line, what is permitted, accepted etc is not easy for "forums" like twitter and also the effort to keep track of every post and to take a decision on violations is costly and time consuming. Namely twitter is just the forum to post things and is not posting on their own.

Edited by singalion

2 hours ago, 7heaven said:

Their media buddies, activists etc are working overtime to undermine the new owner such as but not limited to pressuring businesses to suspend advertisements on Twitter, to ridiculing the $8 subscription charge for blue tick etc. The underlying motivation is clear; that they want Twitter to fail under the new owner because he no longer supports left wing people. 

Such actions are not new as it is very characteristic of them to cancel anybody who disagree with them or have different ideologies as them. 

Please be clear that the $8 verification charge seems only to be a way to generate revenues, since anyone who pays that $8 can get verified. There is no real verification done to make sure that the twitter account that pays that $8, actually belongs to the entity/individual it claims to belong to. This was a free feature under the "old" twitter, where a team actually checked that that account actually belonged to the entity/individual it claims to speak for.

Also, Musk had fired about half of Twitter's staff, and then realised that many were required to "keep the lights on", and had to be rehired. Doesn't this not raise alarms on Musk's cavalier attitude towards hiring and firing?

Слава Україні!

1 hour ago, sgmaven said:

Please be clear that the $8 verification charge seems only to be a way to generate revenues, since anyone who pays that $8 can get verified. There is no real verification done to make sure that the twitter account that pays that $8, actually belongs to the entity/individual it claims to belong to. This was a free feature under the "old" twitter, where a team actually checked that that account actually belonged to the entity/individual it claims to speak for.

Also, Musk had fired about half of Twitter's staff, and then realised that many were required to "keep the lights on", and had to be rehired. Doesn't this not raise alarms on Musk's cavalier attitude towards hiring and firing?

How can one know there is no real verification done simply because twitter starts charging $8? How can one also be sure the team doing verification did a thorough job when it was free? 

It does not raise alarms because more often than not things don’t always go smoothly at the start of a changeover or merger or any big organisational changes. It only raise alarms here because those people suffering from meltdown want to raise alarms, and make the takeover appear messy and threat to “democracy” or “free speech”. Had Musk not publicly stated he would support opponents of left wing people or meltdown people or reinstate Trump, we would not have these shenanigans playing out. 

Edited by 7heaven
b

1 hour ago, 7heaven said:

How can one know there is no real verification done simply because twitter starts charging $8? How can one also be sure the team doing verification did a thorough job when it was free? 

It does not raise alarms because more often than not things don’t always go smoothly at the start of a changeover or merger or any big organisational changes. It only raise alarms here because those people suffering from meltdown want to raise alarms, and make the takeover appear messy and threat to “democracy” or “free speech”. Had Musk not publicly stated he would support opponents of left wing people or meltdown people or reinstate Trump, we would not have these shenanigans playing out. 

We know that the team doing that was fired... So unless you have a phantom mechanism doing verification, then you can get verification...

Слава Україні!

2 hours ago, sgmaven said:

We know that the team doing that was fired... So unless you have a phantom mechanism doing verification, then you can get verification...

Are you sure Musk did not replace the team doing verification under the previous CEO with a new team? Must Musk report everything he does or doesn’t do on twitter?

Or do we depend on media organisations quoting from a person “familiar” with the issue or a phantom person who wants to remain “anonymous” to spill the beans on Twitter then everyone just take that and spin the story to fit the narrative that Musk’s purchase of twitter is somehow going to cause democracy to collapse or free speech to die. 😆 

The level of manufactured hysteria is hysterical. 

Edited by 7heaven
Hysterical

Haha! The sackings were made rather public, and many of those departments that were sacked en masse have been reported in the media. No need for Elon Musk to say anything, because those without a job, after losing access to their work-related accounts, have informed media of what happened.

Слава Україні!

27 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

Lol. People just assumed that because the previous team doing verification was retrenched means new owner Musk did not hire new ones to replace them and therefore there is no meaningful verification taking place. Is such assumption considered rational? 

Hiring people so quickly, that they don't even need to go through an interview? Haha!

Слава Україні!

17 minutes ago, sgmaven said:

Hiring people so quickly, that they don't even need to go through an interview? Haha!

People just assumed hiring process can only start after the purchase is completed? People also assumed there are no third party providers available? The rationality in such assumptions are overflowing, but perhaps only in Horizon Worlds. Haha! 

7 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

People just assumed hiring process can only start after the purchase is completed? People also assumed there are no third party providers available? The rationality in such assumptions are overflowing, but perhaps only in Horizon Worlds. Haha! 

Do you have any evidence of what you suggest then? We know from staff who were fired, how many vacancies there are... Considering the CEO and key management of Twitter were only removed after the finalisation of the acquisition, how likely is it for one Elon Musk to interview candidates for the vacancies you suggest that have already been filled?

Слава Україні!

3 minutes ago, sgmaven said:

Do you have any evidence of what you suggest then? We know from staff who were fired, how many vacancies there are... Considering the CEO and key management of Twitter were only removed after the finalisation of the acquisition, how likely is it for one Elon Musk to interview candidates for the vacancies you suggest that have already been filled?

Do you have evidence of what you suggest then? That Musk left did not hire or have other options to replace to mitigate the loss of the old verification team? 

Hahaha! Besides having to hire new people (who are not those who were still working for twitter, and subsequently got laid off), you have to train them for the job. Content moderation and verification is laborious and draining on the people who do it, so it is not like you can hire people at the drop of the hat. Besides, it is not as if San Francisco has so many qualified candidates hanging around, just waiting to be hired by twitter...

Слава Україні!

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The twitter takeover has had another side effect.

It has created another BW thread where we have the pleasure to see another battleground of @7heaven versus rational posters... 

Probably he realised that in that other thread, he can't win a dime...

3 hours ago, sgmaven said:

Hahaha! Besides having to hire new people (who are not those who were still working for twitter, and subsequently got laid off), you have to train them for the job. Content moderation and verification is laborious and draining on the people who do it, so it is not like you can hire people at the drop of the hat. Besides, it is not as if San Francisco has so many qualified candidates hanging around, just waiting to be hired by twitter...

Hahaha, besides assuming Musk did not have a replacement verification team, there are other rational assumption that he hired untrained replacement staff, and even more rational assumption that the pool of available resources can only come from San Francisco… lol 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.