Male HQ

Travel partner to Nepal 2023/04

icefox

22 hours ago, icefox said:

As title, seeking for anyone interested to go Nepal from 7/4 to 22/4.Date is flexible within this period. Hopefully you are not the too weak type and able to walk for long distance. Or you can start training from now. PM is interested. 

Looks like a 16-day trip.

Going trekking?

Probably Everest or Annapurna route?

Both are nice. I’ve been there.

Enjoy!

On 11/16/2022 at 10:45 PM, icefox said:

As title, seeking for anyone interested to go Nepal from 7/4 to 22/4.Date is flexible within this period. Hopefully you are not the too weak type and able to walk for long distance. Or you can start training from now. PM is interested. 

interested

On 11/22/2022 at 9:25 PM, icefox said:

Yes, going trekking. You go alone or trip? Is Everest route very tiring? A bit worry for this, that's why hoping to get someone together to take care each other if anything. If no one then i might just go alone. 

The first time I went in a group (booked thru an agent); the second time I went alone.

For 1st timer, better to go with someone if you want the companionship and mutual encouragement (very cold and good exercise of the slow and long type). Still possible to go alone, I would say, but need to do more homework to ensure you’re all prepared. Even in a group, be mentally prepared for what the trek entails (sometimes it’s more mental than physical strength).

Just now, ken99chia said:

The first time I went in a group (booked thru an agent); the second time I went alone.

For 1st timer, better to go with someone if you want the companionship and mutual encouragement (very cold and good exercise of the slow and long type). Still possible to go alone, I would say, but need to do more homework to ensure you’re all prepared. Even in a group, be mentally prepared for what the trek entails (sometimes it’s more mental than physical strength).

What is the main point attracting you to go for 2nd time even you know it will be a difficult trip? In that case, i got to train harder. Any altitude sickness happened to you?

On 11/26/2022 at 12:06 PM, icefox said:

What is the main point attracting you to go for 2nd time even you know it will be a difficult trip? In that case, i got to train harder. Any altitude sickness happened to you?

Hi,

trekking can be a bit addictive. Despite some grumblings along the way (due to some hardship and very basic facilities), once completed there is huge satisfaction and most people develop this longing to go for more treks again (ironical perhaps).

for altitude sickness, no, I never experienced it. The recommendation is to ascend gradually per day to allow the body to adjust to the altitude ( follow the standard itinerary without trying to cut the route shorter). Some very fit persons did have altitude sickness problems, so fitness alone does not help. 

If you’re serious about the trip, you can pm me for any further tips/queries, if you wish.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 1:06 PM, icefox said:

Anyway it is not advisable to go alone on such treks. There is always something that can happen on the way.

If you intend to go a trekking through the countryside, trekking walks better be at least with another person.

If you intend to visit the range near to the Mount Everest, I would recommend to you to keep this for a 2nd trip and practise first at your upcoming trip at the Pokhara area and range (at the stretch south of Lamjung Kailas range (or Lamjung Hilas (same mountain)).  it lays North East of Pokhara

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pokhara,+Nepal/@28.3797477,84.0825566,11z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x3995937bbf0376ff:0xf6cf823b25802164!8m2!3d28.2095831!4d83.9855674!16zL20vMDQwZHgz?entry=ttu

spacer.png

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.