Male HQ

Help need to build a first ever PC Desktop

Sjak32

Hey guys I will be building my first PC ever, it is intended to be used for gaming primarily (FFXIV, FF games, horizon forbidden and more) as well as text heavy work. (Just multi tabs on browser). Can I get some advice if the parts I picked out are suitable and which part I can cheap out on? While high FPS is nice, I prefer good graphics. any help is appreciated guys!

This is what I picked out for:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 Ghz
GPU: Asus STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB (Was considering this but I am not overclocking)
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 ( was reccomended by youtube; is there a massive difference with 3200 and 3600mhz and CL16 or CL18?)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME SSD (Is it too overkill to this good of an NVME?)
Second Storage: Crucial P3 1 TB (Have one existing already)
PSU: Corsair HX1000i-1000W Platinum
AIO: EK AIO Elite 360mm D-RGB All-in-One CPU Liquid Cooler
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL III RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q-X (welcome to a 4k options as I work with a lot of text so the sharpness and clarity will help)

5 minutes ago, Sjak32 said:

Hey guys I will be building my first PC ever, it is intended to be used for gaming primarily (FFXIV, FF games, horizon forbidden and more) as well as text heavy work. (Just multi tabs on browser). Can I get some advice if the parts I picked out are suitable and which part I can cheap out on? While high FPS is nice, I prefer good graphics. any help is appreciated guys!

This is what I picked out for:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 Ghz
GPU: Asus STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 3080 10GB 10 GB (Was considering this but I am not overclocking)
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 ( was reccomended by youtube; is there a massive difference with 3200 and 3600mhz and CL16 or CL18?)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME SSD (Is it too overkill to this good of an NVME?)
Second Storage: Crucial P3 1 TB (Have one existing already)
PSU: Corsair HX1000i-1000W Platinum
AIO: EK AIO Elite 360mm D-RGB All-in-One CPU Liquid Cooler
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL III RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q-X (welcome to a 4k options as I work with a lot of text so the sharpness and clarity will help)

Hey there!

The options look pretty good actually. See if you can score a deal on 3080 by going down to Sim Lim and price hunt because graphic cards are in oversupply so prices are falling below the usual prices. 

While the Samsung 980 Pro is overkill-ish, it's possible that Direct Storage will leverage this high speed in future for even faster game load times. So it's not a bad investment to get. 

All in all, your build looks pretty future-proof. Just make sure that your mobo has a good WiFi card if you don't have wired Internet at home 🙂

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

24 minutes ago, Rhyn said:

Hey there!

The options look pretty good actually. See if you can score a deal on 3080 by going down to Sim Lim and price hunt because graphic cards are in oversupply so prices are falling below the usual prices. 

While the Samsung 980 Pro is overkill-ish, it's possible that Direct Storage will leverage this high speed in future for even faster game load times. So it's not a bad investment to get. 

All in all, your build looks pretty future-proof. Just make sure that your mobo has a good WiFi card if you don't have wired Internet at home 🙂

Hello, thanks for replying!

Is there any shops you would recommend for price hunting the GPU in sim lim, it seems like a scary place to be haha. Most of the parts will be bought through amazon as I found them to be the cheapest. With these parts, am I able to run a 27 inch 4K monitors smoothy though? I have been thinking if I should opt for a 4K display than a 1440p one, but not sure if its gonna be throttling the parts too much.

Edited by Sjak32

On 11/24/2022 at 9:49 PM, Sjak32 said:

Hello, thanks for replying!

Is there any shops you would recommend for price hunting the GPU in sim lim, it seems like a scary place to be haha. Most of the parts will be bought through amazon as I found them to be the cheapest. With these parts, am I able to run a 27 inch 4K monitors smoothy though? I have been thinking if I should opt for a 4K display than a 1440p one, but not sure if its gonna be throttling the parts too much.

You can look through HWZ's reliable list 🙂https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/priceLists these companies have been selling computer parts and custom PCs for as long as I can remember and they're pretty great!

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.