Male HQ

Rocketbook vs Remarkable vs iPad vs Android Tablet

kidster

• 4 weeks later...

Rocket book

- Writes like a normal book using a specific pen/ink, so you still need to use your phone to capture the page, then you still need to manually clean the page, which will be troublesome.

Remarkable

- Black and white only, meaning you can't really consume media on this. May not have 3rd party apps? You also need to subscribe to their software/app for some functions.

12.9" iPad Pro

- Note taking, media consumption, lots of established apps available. But may be a tad big to carry around all the time?

Galaxy Tab S8+

- Will slow down over time, lots of app available, software support may be stopped after 3-4 years?

Given the choice above, I will most likely suggest the 11" iPad Pro instead of the 12.9" iPad Pro.

On 12/29/2022 at 9:42 AM, JK2E4 said:

Rocket book

- Writes like a normal book using a specific pen/ink, so you still need to use your phone to capture the page, then you still need to manually clean the page, which will be troublesome.

Remarkable

- Black and white only, meaning you can't really consume media on this. May not have 3rd party apps? You also need to subscribe to their software/app for some functions.

12.9" iPad Pro

- Note taking, media consumption, lots of established apps available. But may be a tad big to carry around all the time?

Galaxy Tab S8+

- Will slow down over time, lots of app available, software support may be stopped after 3-4 years?

Given the choice above, I will most likely suggest the 11" iPad Pro instead of the 12.9" iPad Pro.

Thanks for the detailed analysis.

I've been contemplating whether I should get ipad. 

I just don't like the idea of getting stuck in Apple ecosystem.

Using Win OS and Android phone. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.