Male HQ

How to keep a Telegram account without a registered number?

kidster

Essentially yes, you will lose access.

Here's a good guide to migrate your phone numbers before your old phone number expires.

If you are using a desktop version or web version of Telegram, I might be wrong but you could try to switch the number after the fact but its at your own risk if the migration is not done before hand.

Disclaimer: I have not attempted them before and not responsible for lost of data and access.

On 12/7/2022 at 4:32 PM, Cernunnos said:

Essentially yes, you will lose access.

Here's a good guide to migrate your phone numbers before your old phone number expires.

If you are using a desktop version or web version of Telegram, I might be wrong but you could try to switch the number after the fact but its at your own risk if the migration is not done before hand.

Disclaimer: I have not attempted them before and not responsible for lost of data and access.

Thanks but I thought Tele account only needs username. The no. is just for receiving SMS verification setting up?

17 minutes ago, kidster said:

Thanks but I thought Tele account only needs username. The no. is just for receiving SMS verification setting up?

Correct. And ur qn was the new using the number to register will likely kick u out,cos he will receive SMS to confirm. 

So u shd update ur new number in tele, and they will send SMS to u to confirm. 

20 hours ago, Saggiboy said:

Correct. And ur qn was the new using the number to register will likely kick u out,cos he will receive SMS to confirm. 

So u shd update ur new number in tele, and they will send SMS to u to confirm. 

I don't have another sim card but would like to keep this extra tele account.

Any solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Telegram now has Fragment (https://fragment.com) which auctions a "Virtual Phone Number" for Telegram accounts using its TON cryptocurrency and blockchain.

Some articles for you to read as informational articles only:

If you decide to proceed with Fragment and TON, good luck.

Disclaimer:

1. I have not tried Fragment and I cannot comment on it and nothing to do with it.

2. I am not promoting any cryptocurrency here.

3. Use it at your own risk and do your own Risk-Benefit analysis first before proceeding.

Note: Somewhat possibly off-topic, the Telegram chat has a wallet bot and I have tried it. It doesn't accept Singapore issued credit cards and debit cards to gain access to the TON tokens :) . Essentially, Singaporeans are persistently and quietly banned from all foreign cash-to-token platforms to align with MAS current stance.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.