Male HQ

Need advice - are the third party cheaper alternative MagSafe iPhone cases compatible with the Apple MagSafe charger?

greg01greg

hey all 

im looking to get the Apple MagSafe charger but im thinking of getting the a cheaper MagSafe iPhone case. 

just wondering will if theyre compatible - because Apple is dead-set at using their own products together - the case itself cost about $80 and most users wont recommend it. 

any advice will be appreciated 

2 hours ago, JK2E4 said:

Not very sure whether you're getting the charger, or the case.

So far the MagSafe chargers that I bought works with original Apple MagSafe phone case, and friends that got the compatible MagSafe phone case didn't complain about them not working.

@JK2E4thanks for your input. Yeah. I got the MagSafe from Apple, but I got the cheaper MagSafe case. So far it works both ways if all fails I might just get the Apple MagSafe case. 
just that I always remove the case whenever I charge my phone - to prevent overheating.. 

now I’m looking to get a MagSafe stand.. 

The Question is whether you really want to use MagSafe charging in the first place. This is not a very efficient technology, and few people realise it until you use it. A lot of the electricity that is supposed to be for "charging" the phone, actually gets generated into heat. Only realised this fact after I bought the original MagSafe charger from Apple, and realised that my iPhone was so much hotter while charging, and it charged so much more slowly compared with using the usual cable.

Слава Україні!

19 hours ago, sgmaven said:

The Question is whether you really want to use MagSafe charging in the first place. This is not a very efficient technology, and few people realise it until you use it. A lot of the electricity that is supposed to be for "charging" the phone, actually gets generated into heat. Only realised this fact after I bought the original MagSafe charger from Apple, and realised that my iPhone was so much hotter while charging, and it charged so much more slowly compared with using the usual cable.

@sgmaven yes. I am aware of the pros and con on MagSafe charging. It is mainly for convenience. 
thanks for your input 

In the end, it is about the efficiency of the coils, and how much of the electricity is converted to usable charging electricity in the iPhone. Not sure if any of the 3rd party manufacturers will state how much of an effective charge they will produce? As for the cases, it really is a question of how much they align themselves with the magnet, and the permittivity of the material to electromagnetism...

Слава Україні!

15 hours ago, sgmaven said:

In the end, it is about the efficiency of the coils, and how much of the electricity is converted to usable charging electricity in the iPhone. Not sure if any of the 3rd party manufacturers will state how much of an effective charge they will produce? As for the cases, it really is a question of how much they align themselves with the magnet, and the permittivity of the material to electromagnetism...

@sgmaven yes. It all boils down to how you maintain care and monitoring the battery health. As mentioned MagSafe is for convenience, I will alternate my charging habits 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.