Male HQ

Being asked for tips @ Spa Dlite

Matw

Just wondering if it is common to be recommended additional services during the session.

Cos I was only looking for the full body massage. Then, the therapist recommended me some other ala carte services as well.

Read some previous threads, wondering if common.

On 1/22/2023 at 3:05 AM, Matw said:

Just wondering if it is common to be recommended additional services during the session.

Cos I was only looking for the full body massage. Then, the therapist recommended me some other ala carte services as well.

Read some previous threads, wondering if common.

were you told by them; they received ONLY $20 salary per customer? is that they go for quantity not quality?

patronised 2 of the establishments in Chinatown opt for 90 mins but been told they only catered for an hour massage only!

as for the tip ONLY the massage is EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD will only I give not because of HE! 

5 hours ago, Matw said:

I booked for 1hr only. Almost half of the times were spent on the added service…. 😅

Really should learn how to reject

Sounds bad, who did you try?

Usually go to Oscar and Ricky, fortunately they always gave proper massage for full time.

What’s next will depend on customer to customer.

Actually for those who are looking for a good and professional body massage (and nothing else), it is not so value-for-money to pay $94 for 1hr massage at such places as Spa Dlite or Dsparadise.

Better to patronise other spas like Natureland, Wanlin, etc. or home-based ones of your choice.

20 hours ago, ken99chia said:

Actually for those who are looking for a good and professional body massage (and nothing else), it is not so value-for-money to pay $94 for 1hr massage at such places as Spa Dlite or Dsparadise.

Better to patronise other spas like Natureland, Wanlin, etc. or home-based ones of your choice.

Agree. On top of the higher cost, still being coax for tips.

Actually if you’re looking for pure massage and nothing more, why would you be at the named shops? Just curious on the thought process. There are cheaper and better options but given that you decided to visit them, you would have known what is there to be offered. I think to be fair to them, it is offering other services is probably norm but to begin with stepping into the shop itself would have already been a case where you acknowledged that it is this way. But ofcos, if you’re just looking for pure massage, you could have inform them upfront. One man’s meat is another man’s poison. Cheers. 

2 hours ago, Civic said:

Actually if you’re looking for pure massage and nothing more, why would you be at the named shops? Just curious on the thought process. There are cheaper and better options but given that you decided to visit them, you would have known what is there to be offered. I think to be fair to them, it is offering other services is probably norm but to begin with stepping into the shop itself would have already been a case where you acknowledged that it is this way. But ofcos, if you’re just looking for pure massage, you could have inform them upfront. One man’s meat is another man’s poison. Cheers. 

I was loitering around chinatown, and wanted to have some massage. Then tried to look for one in Chinatown in the forum. This name popped up.

Although I saw a few posts mentioning about the added service, it didn’t cross my mind that it is a norm 😅. So ya.

Could have rejected, but I wasn’t good at rejecting people…. 

20 minutes ago, Matw said:

I was loitering around chinatown, and wanted to have some massage. Then tried to look for one in Chinatown in the forum. This name popped up.

Although I saw a few posts mentioning about the added service, it didn’t cross my mind that it is a norm 😅. So ya.

Could have rejected, but I wasn’t good at rejecting people…. 

Hahahah! I guess probably part of you also wanted. But no worries. I feel it may just be the first time encounter that resulted to this. Because honestly speaking a lot of the big brands out there would probably be just massage and nothing else. But many others isn’t that way. So, yeah. Hope you enjoyed and ofcos hope the others don’t go blasting the named shops given that it’s an individual’s choice to whether go for it or just look for elsewhere. 

• G_M locked this topic