Male HQ

What things are much cheaper if you do it by yourself?

Guest haching

26 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Most things that people have to resort to an "expert" to have done but you can do by yourself are much cheaper this way.

But there is an equally important gain:  the SATISFACTION of being able to do them by yourself.

I do agree that there is a sense of satisfaction being able to do something by yourself - provided, of course, there is now screwups, leading to the need to call in an expert of complete/repair the botched job. 

I think cooking is probably cheaper if it is done by yourself, especially when the food is cooed from scratch.  If you buy pre-package trimmed vegetables etc., the cost would be higher.  

1 hour ago, yhtang said:

I do agree that there is a sense of satisfaction being able to do something by yourself - provided, of course, there is now screwups, leading to the need to call in an expert of complete/repair the botched job. 

I think cooking is probably cheaper if it is done by yourself, especially when the food is cooed from scratch.  If you buy pre-package trimmed vegetables etc., the cost would be higher.  

You are right.  Cooking your own food from scratch is the most economical and healthiest way. 

About screwups and botched jobs,  these give us the opportunity along our long life to learn from our mistakes.  There are of course different degrees of abilities.  But very little in our home should be beyond our abilities.  We can learn some plumbing to fix a dripping faucet, learn some electricity to fix a broken cord, a worn out socket, install a light fixture.  We can learn some basic mechanics to change the oil in our car, a burned headlight, a worn windshield wiper.  We can learn some electronics to fix our home computer when it misbehaves,  install new software, devices, etc.   Today we have a wonderful tool to help with all this:  the Internet and the YouTube videos that help with the repair of everything.

Happy endings 😏

When things are done by our own hands, satisfaction is much greater, ego get an additional boost and with inflation going rocket high, everything gets cheaper when done by oneself. I wash my own clothes as opposed to those I see at the now too many auto laundry stations. I cook my own meals, well maybe a simple perk every now and then at the hawker. And most importantly I whack my own dong as opposed to going for happy endings 🤪😜🫢😈

Guest Thrifter
44 minutes ago, shyc said:

Happy endings 😏

When things are done by our own hands, satisfaction is much greater, ego get an additional boost and with inflation going rocket high, everything gets cheaper when done by oneself. I wash my own clothes as opposed to those I see at the now too many auto laundry stations. I cook my own meals, well maybe a simple perk every now and then at the hawker. And most importantly I whack my own dong as opposed to going for happy endings 🤪😜🫢😈

Also, painting job is not difficult if you do it yourself instead of engaging a painter for your entire house.   Changing kitchen faucet is also not diffcult and you save $100 for not getting a plumber to do it for you.  I also know where to watch free movies online instead of subscribing to netflix., since then I have not visited Cinema for many many years and that is a huge huge savings.  You can also do physical exercise without needing to use a gym or easily print an art photo from internet without having to approach auction house for that "Mona Lisa" treasure to frame it up.  

14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

About screwups and botched jobs,  these give us the opportunity along our long life to learn from our mistakes.  There are of course different degrees of abilities.  But very little in our home should be beyond our abilities.  We can learn some plumbing to fix a dripping faucet, learn some electricity to fix a broken cord, a worn out socket, install a light fixture.  We can learn some basic mechanics to change the oil in our car, a burned headlight, a worn windshield wiper.  We can learn some electronics to fix our home computer when it misbehaves,  install new software, devices, etc.   Today we have a wonderful tool to help with all this:  the Internet and the YouTube videos that help with the repair of everything.

Indeed, the internet is a real help!  I use it for research when I need to do some DIY at home.

I am embarrassed to say that I once tripped the mains of my house when I changed the light switch.  After the initial disbelieve of my stupidity - it was not the first time I changed a light switch - I finally got the job done.  

So far, I have not burned down the house yet, or set fire in any part of the house, thank goodness.   

6 hours ago, yhtang said:

Indeed, the internet is a real help!  I use it for research when I need to do some DIY at home.

I am embarrassed to say that I once tripped the mains of my house when I changed the light switch.  After the initial disbelieve of my stupidity - it was not the first time I changed a light switch - I finally got the job done.  

So far, I have not burned down the house yet, or set fire in any part of the house, thank goodness.   

LOL!  Good that mains switches can trip when their owner forgets to turn them off before doing any work on the electric lines and devices.  In my long career of electrical engineer I also have made some flashy sparks resulting in tripped switches and burned fuses.  I also have been shocked several times.  Fortunately, nothing burned down, and my life was not tripped off.  

I bake my own bread  and am good at it.

I have almost never bought bread anymore. 

In fact , my sourdough ( i grow my own starter) is so good, my friends and neighbors buy from me. 

It tastes good

I feel good that i need not buy

I feel good that others think it is good (one even told me, better than Johan's)

And i get paid for it..

And definitely a lot cheaper than going out to buy one. 

5 hours ago, radiusulnar said:

most things are cheaper if you DIY but it means you need to the skill for it. otherwise, the DIY will not work

Yes, you need the skills.  But we can learn, if the task is not very difficult.  And once we know how to DIY,  we gain in self confidence.

9 hours ago, radiusulnar said:

most things are cheaper if you DIY but it means you need to the skill for it. otherwise, the DIY will not work

Skill is one factor, having to tools to perform the job is another factor required for DIY.  Otherwise it will not work out well. 

I would admit that if I do not have the tools, I would improvise.  There is an immense sense of satisfaction if I manage to pull it off. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest How many
On 1/29/2023 at 10:33 PM, Guest haching said:

What things are much cheaper if you do it by yourself?

How many you want I can name it 

1.  Jerk yourself then pay money boy 

2.  Make your own plastic dont buy condom 

3.  Every meal eat instant noodle dont eat out 

3. collect rain water for shower dont use tap water 

4. etc .......... hence how many you want the list goes on 

Guest Safar

There are many things that can be much cheaper if you do them by yourself. Here are some examples:

Cooking: Cooking your own meals can be much cheaper than eating out or ordering delivery. Buying ingredients in bulk and cooking in larger quantities can save you even more money.

Cleaning: Cleaning your own home instead of hiring a cleaning service can save you a significant amount of money over time. You can also make your own cleaning products with inexpensive ingredients like vinegar and baking soda.

Home repairs: Learning basic home repairs and doing them yourself can save you a lot of money in labor costs. Simple tasks like changing light bulbs, fixing leaky faucets, and painting can be done by most people with a little research and practice.

Haircuts: Cutting your own hair or having a friend or family member do it for you can save you a lot of money on haircuts. You can find tutorials online and invest in some basic tools like scissors and clippers.

Gardening: Growing your own fruits and vegetables can save you money on groceries. You can also start your own garden from seeds or cuttings, which is much cheaper than buying fully grown plants.

DIY projects: Making your own furniture, decorations, and other household items can save you a lot of money compared to buying them in stores. You can find tutorials online and use materials like reclaimed wood or fabric scraps.

Overall, doing things yourself can be a great way to save money and learn new skills. It can also be a fun and rewarding way to spend your time.

On 1/30/2023 at 7:59 PM, yhtang said:

Skill is one factor, having to tools to perform the job is another factor required for DIY.  Otherwise it will not work out well. 

I would admit that if I do not have the tools, I would improvise.  There is an immense sense of satisfaction if I manage to pull it off. 

Agree.  Some lack of skill leads to learning, and YouTube is full of videos on how to repair anything, for all sorts of DIY.

If we can improvise for lack of tools,  fine.   Often if tools cannot be improvised,  it is still cheaper to buy the necessary tools than to pay a repairman.

And the immense sense of satisfaction comes as a premium.

Guest Free-air
On 3/27/2023 at 10:04 AM, Guest How many said:

How many you want I can name it 

1.  Jerk yourself then pay money boy 

2.  Make your own plastic dont buy condom 

3.  Every meal eat instant noodle dont eat out 

3. collect rain water for shower dont use tap water 

4. etc .......... hence how many you want the list goes on 

1. Don't need to pay if you have fb. It's cheaper than DIY. No need to pay for dildos, cucumbers. It's really awkward to DIY thrust fingers into my own ass. 

Effort wise also less because the fb can fuck better than own fingers. I only have to open my legs and he'll do the rest. Pull me closer, oil me up, place pillows under my butt, penetrate me while twiddling my nini to ease the pain(no need buy tit clamps)

Sex is the only thing cheaper than free air, freer than free(dom) when I surrender my body for him to thrash as he liked.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.