Male HQ

Anyone good in teams and sharepoints?

Guest teams

13 hours ago, Guest Teams said:

Microsoft Teams and Sharepoints for team collaboration, communication, file management etc :)

It may be easier if you tell us what problems or issues you are facing, or what you are trying to do/find out so we can offer suggestions.

10 hours ago, JK2E4 said:

It may be easier if you tell us what problems or issues you are facing, or what you are trying to do/find out so we can offer suggestions.

Finally someone reply to my post. Is really quiet in this section.

I'm trying to sync the same file in different channel in teams. 

The things that I can find online is using google drive to sync the file by creating a folder in google drive and sync with the file in teams. But this is not I wanted.

I want to sync the same file in different channel in teams. Is it possible. 

The same X file they have in channel A in teams. Another same X file also have in channel B. If I update X file in channel A, how to make X file in channel B also auto updated to make work easier.

13 hours ago, Guest Teams said:

The things that I can find online is using google drive to sync the file by creating a folder in google drive and sync with the file in teams. But this is not I wanted.

The same X file they have in channel A in teams. Another same X file also have in channel B. If I update X file in channel A, how to make X file in channel B also auto updated to make work easier.

I'm not an expert, but I think the process will be different, based on whether you want to share files, or a whole folder.

I found the following steps online. Not sure if its correct or still current, maybe you can try it and let us know?

If you want to share/sync a file,

Navigate to the channel where the file you want to share is located.

Click on the file to select it.

Click on the "..." (more options) button next to the file name.

Choose "Move" from the drop-down menu.

In the "Move file" dialog box, select the destination channel from the "Select a channel" drop-down menu.

Click on the "Move" button to transfer the file to the new channel.

Once the file is moved, it will be available in the new channel, and any changes made to the file will be synced between both channels. 

If you want to share/sync a folder,

Open the channel where you want to share the folder.

Click on the Files tab at the top of the channel.

Click on the "Open in SharePoint" button in the upper right corner of the window. This will open the SharePoint site for the channel.

On the SharePoint site, click on the "Documents" library.

Click on the "New" button at the top of the window and select "Folder" from the drop-down menu.

Name the new folder and press Enter to create it.

Upload the files you want to share to the new folder by clicking on the "Upload" button at the top of the window.

After you've uploaded the files, navigate back to the Teams channel where you want to sync the folder.

Click on the "Add cloud storage" button at the top of the Files tab.

Select "SharePoint" from the list of options.

Choose the SharePoint site where the folder is located.

Find the folder you want to sync and click on the "Add" button.

Now, any changes you make to the files within the folder will be synced between both channels in Teams.

Edited by JK2E4

21 hours ago, Guest Teams said:

the different Channels are inside one Team or cut across many Teams?

9 hours ago, JK2E4 said:

I'm not an expert, but I think the process will be different, based on whether you want to share files, or a whole folder.

I found the following steps online. Not sure if its correct or still current, maybe you can try it and let us know?

In the "Move file" dialog box, select the destination channel from the "Select a channel" drop-down menu.

Once the file is moved, it will be available in the new channel, and any changes made to the file will be synced between both channels. 

Click on the "Open in SharePoint" button in the upper right corner of the window. This will open the SharePoint site for the channel.

Click on the "New" button at the top of the window and select "Folder" from the drop-down menu.

Upload the files you want to share to the new folder by clicking on the "Upload" button at the top of the window.

After you've uploaded the files, navigate back to the Teams channel where you want to sync the folder.

Now, any changes you make to the files within the folder will be synced between both channels in Teams.

Okok. Thanks alot JK2E4. I just started to learn these 2 things. I will try it later and let you know:) Really grateful for your help. You are the man:)

1 hour ago, bwf15 said:

the different Channels are inside one Team or cut across many Teams?

Got both scenarios also. Same teams and across teams also. Same SOP but have in different channel within same teams and across different teams.

On 2/23/2023 at 9:43 AM, JK2E4 said:

I tried already. Not working. After moved from channel A to channel B. The file in channel A is gone. 

I tried copied. Also not working. 

On 2/28/2023 at 8:24 PM, Guest Teams said:

I tried already. Not working. After moved from channel A to channel B. The file in channel A is gone. 

I tried copied. Also not working. 

Hi again, 

Sorry it wasn't any help. Maybe will need to use Sharepoint in this case. 

Guest Teams
23 hours ago, keyboard said:

Here's a video to how to share the file LINK across multiple Teams as JK2E4 mentioned.

The other way is creating a shortcut. See which suits your situation best.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/creating-a-shortcut-of-a-file-from-one-team-channel-to-another/m-p/3265719

Thanks alot JK2E4 and Keyboard. I have tried the 2nd method. It looks good so far. Thanks for the big help:)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.