Male HQ

Do you know somebody who suddenly thinks of you when he need something?

Guest Kang

It's very good that you did cut ties with those "friends" who are exploiters of those who they think are easy targets.  My late bf had several "friends" like that , and I immediately scared them away from around him,  like I would have scared away harmful insects with some bug killer spray.

But... it is not always bad to be the one person people think of when they need something.  This can happen when you have empathy, are generous, compassionate,  and have the means to help those who deserve to be helped.

Actually depends on what the request are. If we can give beggers money, or help an old lady cross the road? Why do we mind helping somebody we know when they need it? Unless it cost me an arm or leg, i will try to help because that's kindness. People can be mean, selfish or even ungrateful but doesn't mean i need to behave the same. As long as i am free and able, helping a stranger in need is actually fine.

52 minutes ago, Ironrod said:

Actually depends on what the request are. If we can give beggers money, or help an old lady cross the road? Why do we mind helping somebody we know when they need it? Unless it cost me an arm or leg, i will try to help because that's kindness. People can be mean, selfish or even ungrateful but doesn't mean i need to behave the same. As long as i am free and able, helping a stranger in need is actually fine.

Hey its me, your best friend. Long time no see. I heard you are just promoted in your new job.... Congrats. Say, I need your help, wondering if you can help a bro out. It's not easy for me to ask for help, you know that about me. So can you imagine the trouble I'm in for me to reach out to you? I will definitely pay you back. I just need the money urgently for emergency. Once I get my salary this month (its only 2 more weeks) I can pay you back immediately. I'm asking for your help because I have no one to turn to. Unless I approached loan shark. I would rather pay you the interest than to give loan shark free money... 

Hey, let's catch up to talk about this. How about lunch near my kopitiam? 

2 hours ago, Guest Hehe said:

Hey its me, your best friend. Long time no see. I heard you are just promoted in your new job.... Congrats. Say, I need your help, wondering if you can help a bro out. It's not easy for me to ask for help, you know that about me. So can you imagine the trouble I'm in for me to reach out to you? I will definitely pay you back. I just need the money urgently for emergency. Once I get my salary this month (its only 2 more weeks) I can pay you back immediately. I'm asking for your help because I have no one to turn to. Unless I approached loan shark. I would rather pay you the interest than to give loan shark free money... 

Wah, this is both opportunistic and funny!

Guest Try and see

Had one such "friend".

Knew him because he was my camp mate during NS.

In camp, he practically treated me as invisible. Not that he hated me, but he always hung out with the popular clique in camp, whereas I was a disruptee so I kept to myself mostly and read my book in camp to pass time.

He entered our orderly room (where I was stationed) often to talk and joke with the NSF clerk who was sitting with me, but never once did he include me in his jokes/conversations with the clerk.

About seven years later (no kidding!), he started calling me out of the blue, wanting to meet up with me. He said that he was now working as an insurance agent, and that he wanted to introduce a few policies to me.

Each time, I politely told him that I was not interested as I already had a few policies.

But he was very, very persistent, and kept on calling me for months. Until one day, he implied (on the phone) that I was not giving him face even though we were from the same NS unit.

That was when I finally told him off. I basically said that it was very insincere of him to treat me as invisible during NS, and then suddenly start calling me after seven years after my ORD, and then act as though we were best friends, and then to have the nerve to imply that I wasn't being a good friend to him.

After that, he said something like, "I never expected you to be like that," and he stopped calling. 👏👏

8 hours ago, Guest Hehe said:

Sure, based on our "friendship" I can max loan u $100. That is my usual reply.

use to have these kind of people that will "water fish" me and only find me when they want to go expensive place for meal and expect me to tap the bill

had stay a distance with them and even blocked them for good

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2023 at 2:31 PM, Ironrod said:

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Looking for Lean twin bottom.. Only clean safe discreet fun

Guest Moody
39 minutes ago, Guelph said:

Hmmm.... Wonder what will God / Buddha thinks... 

Coz many ppl started praying when they need / hoping for something. Else, they won't step into temples, churches, mosques, etc. 

Do you think God / Buddha will answer their calls? 

Good call. You'll think that religious people are better people. Because they have an extra set of rules and regulations that guides their journey through life. 

But alot of religious people are full of hate. Eg Christians hating on gay. Or like Buddhist who pray and burn and burn for wealth and money. Praying for wealth or following a religion to help poor? 

That's why I hate cny alot. All the rituals etc is so money minded. Like wishing wealth. Giving mandarin. Even lo hei is invented to make money so that people who chase after money will pay money to do that dish but for what actual purpose? 

Money. 

So yes. This world we live in.. Everyone has to fight for their own. Nobody will offer you help. Nobody will answer your call or prayer. 

We walk this journey alone... Together with other people. 

Seems very common in Singapore.

There are people you don't hear anything for years (felt like centuries), but then, they remember you got this profession, or you told about a trip to that place or they are thinking of doing an internship in that place or another and not having heard anything from them for long, they contact you to give them input...

Those with sex needs, hm, if they rejected you time back or ghosted, I probably don't bother to reply much, or just something like "busy now"...

for others, don't mind to give it a try... You never know the reason why they did not meet you at that earlier stage...

Guest Guest

Have one to share, also insurance related.

Basically, this scheming and insincere guy and I were colleagues years ago, and his repeated bad-mouthing of me and backstabbing led to me quitting the company.

(He has done similar things to other colleagues before - I was just another victim on the list.)

About 8 years later, that guy contacted me out of the blue, and wanted to have lunch. I didn't really bear a grudge against him since by that time, I was doing well in my present company, so I agreed to meet up with him.

Then, as we sat and chatted after eating, he started to try to get me to buy insurance from him.

Turns out, about one or two years after I had left that company, he got fired, and couldn't find a job within the same industry, so he went into the insurance business. (He didn't mention the firing part; I learned about it from a female ex-colleague who was also backstabbed by that same guy.)

He (the scheming, insincere guy) claims that he was doing very well in his insurance job, and that he had already hit his target for the year (our lunch was in June).

But he was still very persistent that I buy more insurance policies from him.

I didn't quite believe him (about him hitting his sales target already), but I declined his policies anyway.

Couldn't help walking away from that lunch with a slight smirk on my face. 😏

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, Guelph said:

Life is not easy for those in insurance line. 

Very challenging, high targets, and yet kept losing friends and relatives. 

Nothing against insurance agents.

Just that it's funny how the people he used to backstab years ago are now the ones he is desperately trying to sell insurance to.

During my time as his colleague, he really thought he was so indispensible and secure in his job. So he bad-mouth and backstabbed a lot of people because the boss needed/favoured/trusted him a lot at that time.

Very arrogant guy back then.

It's very satisfying how karma works. 👏

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.