Male HQ

Any one set Aircon at 18 degree to sleep

Guest guest

Guest Air con lousy
24 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Wonder any guy die die must sleep with temp at 18 degree nightly.

I set 18 but the air con Loke so hot. It feels more like 28 to be honest. 

Long run yr air con frozen that's why is hot cause block by ice need to defrost .Even yr wall paint u can feel moisture.Unless u stay in hotel cannot be bother can on at 18 degree

Guest Freebies
18 hours ago, Guest guest said:

My next door neighbour set it so low, it penetrated the wall and my entire house became cold too.  Free aircon for me since I didn't have aircon at home. 

One have to give way during holiday when travel buddy want air con to be 18 degree.No choice unless u want to make an ugly scene.So just wear thicker clothes to sleep for the next few days

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

One have to give way during holiday when travel buddy want air con to be 18 degree.No choice unless u want to make an ugly scene.So just wear thicker clothes to sleep for the next few days

Rather you wear thicker clothes to sleep and endure the 18 deg aircon, you might as well as your travel buddy to sleep naked, since he should be scare hot, that's why need to set 18 deg. Then can set aircon to around 23 deg.

I'm surprised this is considered so abnormal. I love to set my aircon to 16, with the fan power at max too. Feels so comfortable snuggling under blankets with it very cold in the room. Conversely, if the temp is even 20, I feel very hot and can't sleep.

if you follow this rule... 

you dont take hot water to shower... but instead go for cold water

and if you have to you can only take from 11am to 4pm 

i believe you dont need such cold aircond your body will feel normal

On 2/20/2023 at 4:07 PM, Guest guest said:

my aircon would be at 16 if it could go that low. i love hotels that can set to 10. hehe

Guest guest
On 3/4/2023 at 5:01 PM, Bilobelo said:

my aircon would be at 16 if it could go that low. i love hotels that can set to 10. hehe

Aircon temp can set to 10? Didn't know that.

Guest guest
12 minutes ago, Bilobelo said:

Yes. Some hotels, though not many, allows u to set at very low temps. 

Why would they allow the aircon temp to set until 10? Wouldn't it become too cold for comfort?

One of my friends in London commented that we Singaporeans are weird.

During winter we turned the heater high to sleep in t shirt and  shorts, then in summer we turned the aircon down so much to sleep under thick blanket or comforter….

• 1 month later...

This is why people always complain is too hot outside. They accustom their bodies to the very cold temperature indoors. Then it becomes more unbearable outside. And this is also why many people here fall sick more often than they should from the constant cold and warm temperature difference. And the funny thing is they take hot showers.  Confusing.  

It contributes a lot to global warming too. Not forgetting dry skin and throat. 

Edited by supermann

Guest Guest
On 3/8/2023 at 7:02 PM, MadMan said:

One of my friends in London commented that we Singaporeans are weird.

During winter we turned the heater high to sleep in t shirt and  shorts, then in summer we turned the aircon down so much to sleep under thick blanket or comforter….

Used to do that during NS . . .

Our unit guardroom was very small, so it gets very cold if you just lower the temperature slightly.

So during guard duty, my friend and I would adjust the guardroom air-con to 16°C (the coldest setting), then wear our jackets and cover blanket to sleep.

Really shiok!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.