Male HQ

Beginner Yoga - All are Welcome

Btyred91

Guest Unsolicited reviewer

I've always been interested in yoga to improve flexibility and also maybe to find some sort of zen. But most yoga groups seem to be too intimidating for beginners and not so fit people like me.

Attended my first ever yoga class - Class was small, easy to follow and instructor was super patient and attentive. Highly recommended 

And yes it is clothed...I'm not sure what the fascination with nude yoga is, may get awkward, uncomfortable and old after a while.

(No one asked for this review, genuinely think it is good)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 4:01 PM, Btyred91 said:

If you're looking for a mid-week pick-me-up, or a nice yoga session to unwind over the weekend, join our little yoga family :) Welcoming every single person (whether or not you already practice yoga) with open arms!

Just curious what is the rate and duration for this Yoga session, please PM me, thanks.

John's Yin Yoga Stretch is a quiet, thoughtful practice, where you hold more relaxed poses for long periods of time to lengthen the connective tissues and increase elasticity. Its amazing and will leave you feeling refreshed and reset. Suitable for beginners.

Try it !! Join us every Tuesday and Thursday 7:15pm

11 hours ago, Balestier said:

John's Yin Yoga Stretch is a quiet, thoughtful practice, where you hold more relaxed poses for long periods of time to lengthen the connective tissues and increase elasticity. Its amazing and will leave you feeling refreshed and reset. Suitable for beginners.

Thanks for sharing. To avoid confusion, I’d just like to clarify that there is no relation between my classes and those held by @Balestier. For beginner-friendly yoga classes referred to in the conversation topic posted by me, please DM only me.

Guest Current student
12 hours ago, Balestier said:

Hi John, I'm sure your practice is great. I'm a current student with the @Btyred91. I'm just puzzled why you are promoting your services in someone else's thread. It's like a masseur advertising in another's thread in the massage forums or Adidas going into Nike's store to promote their gear. 

will love to try your class some day and I won't assume ill intent but I do think worthwhile starting your own thread. Good luck! 

Would like to know more about the yoga sessions! Used to take yoga as CCA years back, and always wanted to continue but no buddy and time constrains…

vroom vroom

Bring-A-Buddy Promo: From next class until the end of June, I’m extending a special treat for everyone. If you bring along one buddy to a class, they practice for free!

DM or tele me @bendybran for more information! Next class falls on Tuesday 23 May. Hit me up, yogis!

• 2 weeks later...

Always looking to expand our little yogi community. If you wish to build some strength, flexibility and control, or even get in shape or give yoga a try, send me a telegram message @bendybran! Bring-a-buddy promo is ongoing! 

Happy Pride Month everybody :)

On 5/3/2023 at 9:31 AM, Guest Current student said:

Hi John, I'm sure your practice is great. I'm a current student with the @Btyred91. I'm just puzzled why you are promoting your services in someone else's thread. It's like a masseur advertising in another's thread in the massage forums or Adidas going into Nike's store to promote their gear. 

will love to try your class some day and I won't assume ill intent but I do think worthwhile starting your own thread. Good luck! 

Yeah John I was confused too

I tot bryred91 is John too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our little yogi family is slowly growing! More timeslots to open due to overwhelming response! Telegram dm @bendybran for more details, and to request for class slots 😊 Special class rates exclusive to blowingwind members!

Sounds tempting. I have stopped my yoga practice for a long while. Realized that I have lost so much flexibility and I can't get into many pose without struggle.😒

• 2 weeks later...

Been a student for more than 6 months, this is my long term review:

Price is less than half of what you would pay for a similar sized very small group class in the bigger studios. Location is central-ish and near tiong bahru.

Instructor is good - with tons of training credentials, etc - and patient. And so far no 2 classes are the same.

Classes are beginner-friendly and students range from young(ish) to young at heart. People are very friendly and nice, sometimes we hang out after for dinner. Whether you haven't done yoga before or are a seasoned yogi, I think the classes will still be challenging and meaningful for you.

Given the price & quality, I'm always amazed the classes are not completely full (though quite a few class slots now). I want to do double classes a week so hoping this review helps in boosting demand 😅

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.