Male HQ

Do you still wear Mask

begleitung

• G_M changed the title to Do you still wear Mask
32 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Definitely yes, in crowded indoor setting like gym,  shopping centre,  public transport etc. 

Why? Covid is not over yet and with the rise of common flu,  it is better to keep the mask on. 

by that ‘logic’, you will wear mask forever. Not sure how you haven’t realised this yet but covid is never going to be over. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Wtf said:

by that ‘logic’, you will wear mask forever. Not sure how you haven’t realised this yet but covid is never going to be over. 

Just like underwear,  it is hard to take off my mask publicly.  Also, I am less likely to fall sick with my mask on and save on medical cost.  Furthermore, there are many smelly people around who cough without covering their mouth and talk incessantly with saliva flying everywhere.  The last encounter was someone actually farted inside the lift when I tried to get in.   There you have all my answers why mask has became part and parcel of my life now. 

Edited by Why?

I did during a SQ flight recently and on a train voyage in Europe.

In both cases people looked at me like I am a Covid spreader, in the train in Europe nobody wanted to sit near to me and nearly everyone left the big compartment when they saw me with a mask. haha

If I use a cab, grab, I mostly mask up...  the place is just too confined and taxi drivers in much proximity to eventual passengers infected with Covid

Guest guest
9 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Definitely yes, in crowded indoor setting like gym,  shopping centre,  public transport etc. 

Why? Covid is not over yet and with the rise of common flu,  it is better to keep the mask on. 

You wear mask in gym? I see no one is wearing. But i go to gym when it is not that crowded. If i see crowded, i would just do a quick workout and go off.

Guest guest
8 hours ago, Guest Wtf said:

quite true, if really go by that 'logic', you will need to wear mask forever since covid would be part of common diseases like flu and cough which is never disappear. I noticed lesser and lesser people wearing mask outside as the weeks go by. Nowadays when i see 10 people, maybe only around 3 people wearing mask. I guess by 2nd half of the year, people wearing mask will become minority. Esp if there is no more new covid variant virus which will cause serious health issue.

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

quite true, if really go by that 'logic', you will need to wear mask forever since covid would be part of common diseases like flu and cough which is never disappear. I noticed lesser and lesser people wearing mask outside as the weeks go by. Nowadays when i see 10 people, maybe only around 3 people wearing mask. I guess by 2nd half of the year, people wearing mask will become minority. Esp if there is no more new covid variant virus which will cause serious health issue.

That's why need to learn how to remove mask safely. Current 3000 -4000 cases is definitely not a good time to remove. Hopefully say not more than 100 cases daily or like 90% of the population kena 

already. 

I have started with outdoor mask off and indoor as long as within a circumference of 1.5 m, I will try but given how crowded this tiny island is,  that is quite difficult to happen. 

I m the first few to wear mask back in Mar 2020, so will be the last few to remove mask,  afterall is not easy to be a covid virgin,  it takes lots of discipline. 

Guest guest
21 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

That's why need to learn how to remove mask safely. Current 3000 -4000 cases is definitely not a good time to remove. Hopefully say not more than 100 cases daily or like 90% of the population kena 

already. 

I have started with outdoor mask off and indoor as long as within a circumference of 1.5 m, I will try but given how crowded this tiny island is,  that is quite difficult to happen. 

I m the first few to wear mask back in Mar 2020, so will be the last few to remove mask,  afterall is not easy to be a covid virgin,  it takes lots of discipline. 

They still report the covid cases now? 3000-4000 cases still consider high.

Many people would say even wear mask also can infected with covid if you are unlucky.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

They still report the covid cases now? 3000-4000 cases still consider high.

Many people would say even wear mask also can infected with covid if you are unlucky.

Not on daily basis but weekly still very high.... Yes ideally both party wear mask risk of transmission is low but if only one party wear,  still got chance but both party don't wear, very high chance. 

16 hours ago, mate69 said:

I still wear mask most of the time here

especially on public transit.

It's not so difficult to wear here since right now, the weather's cold and it's not that suffocating/unbreathable to don one

From my personal estimate, probably the people wearing mask on public transport is around 15% to 33%...

At office locations or other spots (malls etc) it seems lesser, maybe 15%.

One some days I suspected those wearing mask at office maybe having a flu and it is not for protection against Covid.

Edited by singalion

On 3/15/2023 at 12:52 PM, Why? said:

Just like underwear,  it is hard to take off my mask publicly.  Also, I am less likely to fall sick with my mask on and save on medical cost.  Furthermore, there are many smelly people around who cough without covering their mouth and talk incessantly with saliva flying everywhere.  The last encounter was someone actually farted inside the lift when I tried to get in.   There you have all my answers why mask has became part and parcel of my life now. 

Yea. I agree with you. There are people coughing, sneezing, talking so loudly and saliva flying everywhere on public transport.

Thus, I still wear my mask when I take public transport (taxi included). 
Even in the office, when I have group meeting and when there are people gathering at a spot, I will put on my mask. 

Guest guest
23 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not on daily basis but weekly still very high.... Yes ideally both party wear mask risk of transmission is low but if only one party wear,  still got chance but both party don't wear, very high chance. 

Now difficult to find both party wear mask. Likely both parties are not wearing mask now. This is the main reason the transmitting of covid is getting higher. But nobody cares because it is just like common flu. 😅

Guest guest
9 hours ago, Beaverine said:

Still got lots of stock at home.

Need to clear, so will wear at crowded places. 

You wear mask is due to lots of stock? Not due to want to protect yourself. 😂

Guest guest
6 hours ago, singalion said:

From my personal estimate, probably the people wearing mask on public transport is around 15% to 33%...

At office locations or other spots (malls etc) it seems lesser, maybe 15%.

One some days I suspected those wearing mask at office maybe having a flu and it is not for protection against Covid.

I think we do not have culture of wearing mask when we are having flu or sick. I guess those wearing mask should be covid positive and yet they are not sick until cannot come to work.

Esp now no more tracking, no more reporting of covid on news, so most people thought no more covid or covid situation already die down or become minor. So more and more people give up wearing mask.

Guest guest
8 minutes ago, radiusulnar said:

a lot of people in office still falling stick given MC. not sure covid or flu or others.

the masking last 3 years maybe means all the flu immunity weakened.

we took covid vaccine but not not flu vaccine.

so i think best to mask up in public transport and public areas just to be safe

True, could be due to we have mask up for last 3 years, so our immune system to flu virus has become weak, that's why many people are down with common flu and cough recently. So i think maybe we need to mask off to train our body to adapt back to flu virus around us? If we continue to mask up, this could be bad to our body immune system in the long run.

On 3/20/2023 at 10:28 PM, thickhead79 said:

what is mask?

I try to google and this is  the answer:

1. a covering for all or part of the face, worn as a disguise, or to amuse or frighten others.

2a covering worn over the mouth and nose in order to reduce the transmission of infectious agents, or to prevent the inhalation of pollutants and other harmful substances.

If u use chatgpt, can try and ask them too.  

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest guest
On 3/24/2023 at 1:35 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Generally asian are still more cautious,  if u look at angmoh,  is like 10 out of 10 without mask.

Angmoh and indians they don't like to wear mask. Asian for youngsters also don't wear mask. You see those chinese on the street wearing mask usually is middle age or elderly.

I restarted wearing the mask in public transport.

The infection numbers are exploding at the moment, currently around 2.5k per day.

And this is just the number of people reporting sick on Covid, the non reported amount is probably higher.

Should think about lifts too, used to be called the No 1 infection place due to bad ventilation.

On 3/26/2023 at 1:41 PM, Guest guest said:

Angmoh and indians they don't like to wear mask. Asian for youngsters also don't wear mask. You see those chinese on the street wearing mask usually is middle age or elderly.

I just always wonder why people like to put things in a context of race...

Probably, you can't say that Ang Moh etc don't like to wear masks. Did anyone like to wear masks?

Outside you see all different people wearing or not wearing masks.

The only point I agree is that more middle aged to elderly wear masks in public. But also the 20s to 50s working crowd you see on public transport or malls.

I noted a higher mask wearing number the past days...

4 hours ago, Agoenk_pku said:

I wear mask in public transport far before covid.... If you ever notice someone with surgical mask in MRT or bus, that is me...

Until now, it's a habit for me to wear in public transport. Except for the flight. I can't handle the feeling of wearing mask in the air plane. Dunno why...

The air u breath in on a flight contain less oxygen, some people already find it difficult to breath on flight without mask or they need to take a deeper breath. 

Guest guest
6 hours ago, Beaverine said:

Cases r up and up again... 

Noticed recently about 80% of ppl putting on masks while on public transports as compared to 30-40% few months back.

The power of reporting the increasing covid cases on news recently really can push more people to wear mask again. If not people would just don't know what is happening.

For me, i wear mask when i go out but i did not wear mask in gym. I am wondering if i am doing the correct thing, since gym should be the higher risk of getting covid than on the street.

Guest TLGProphet

Hope to encourage everyone to follow the guidelines and recommendations of public health officials in their area with regard to wearing masks, social distancing, and other measures to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases. The World Health Organization and many governments worldwide still recommend wearing masks in certain situations to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19, especially in indoor public spaces and in areas with high rates of community transmission. It is always a good idea to stay up to date on the latest guidance from health officials in your area and take appropriate precautions to protect yourself and others.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

The power of reporting the increasing covid cases on news recently really can push more people to wear mask again. If not people would just don't know what is happening.

For me, i wear mask when i go out but i did not wear mask in gym. I am wondering if i am doing the correct thing, since gym should be the higher risk of getting covid than on the street.

Gym environment are comparable to public transport or even worse, so if u wear on public transport, there is no reason why u don't wear in gym. 

Guest guest
5 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Gym environment are comparable to public transport or even worse, so if u wear on public transport, there is no reason why u don't wear in gym. 

This is why i always feel 'scare' after i went to gym without wearing a mask and yet i still do not wear a mask everytime i go to gym. Could be the reason that somehow i feel like difficult to breath when doing some exercise in the gym, like bench press. So i might as well don't wear a mask.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.