Male HQ

Holiday where to go?

Guest Holiday

Guest Holiday

For 3 person (2 elderly) which place is a good to go? Somewhere affordable. 

Last week, we took the one way Resort World Cruise to KL port klang. First time and for one night is good. Other than eating and watch live performance in theatre and watching the sea and watching the ship docking, nothing much to do if we take the 3 nights one to Penang. 

Where would be a good place to bring the eldery for holidays? Somewhere near and affordable and suitable for them?

54 minutes ago, Guest Holiday said:

Last week, we took the one way Resort World Cruise to KL port klang. First time and for one night is good. Other than eating and watch live performance in theatre and watching the sea and watching the ship docking, nothing much to do if we take the 3 nights one to Penang. 

Where would be a good place to bring the eldery for holidays? Somewhere near and affordable and suitable for them?

Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand etc

D'BodyWorkz

Hmm tbh i find that with elderly, the most suitable type of holidays in my opinion is any that goes with tour groups, seems like they would usually enjoy the company of a group and the bus that will be bringing them everywhere will ease up on the usual walking/ public transport. Not to mention that since everything is pre-planned with the tour, they usually would have less opinions on the plans they have selected.

1 hour ago, Guest Holiday said:

Always better to give more details on the "shape" of the elderly.

What sort of age?

Can they still walk a little bit? I mean walk 2 hours along a shopping street or some fancy area with coffee shops/ food (walking with resting somewhere)?

What are their interests? Just makan?

Malaysia:

I would recommend Penang, if you stay in Georgetown. Everything is nearby, if you are at the city centre near the old temples.

Malacca is also suitable if you take a Hotel near the main attractions/ Jonker Street.

However, some more fancy coffee places, food is outside the usual city centre. Unless, just the Chinese/Peranakan food can find in the city centre around Jonker Street and the Malacca Church

For Thailand, maybe HatYai would be good, there is a lot of nice food around the city centre, hotels are quite reasonably priced (if you don't mind 3*) and massage is terribly cheap. Strolling around the city centre with the side streets and inside walking galleries is interesting, they run through the different houses. (Don't miss some of the funny sex toy shops, haha)

Can do all within 1km walks, just need to book a hotel in that stretch of streets.

Compared to this to Bangkok, BKK seems a bit more difficult as everything is spread out through the city, plus taking a cab to the locations will be annoying considering the traffic jams and taking the public transport could be a bit too troublesome for elderly, because if you need to change the mrt line, need to walk around. 

Bangkok is just an option if you only take cab to each of the locations you want to visit, but then you need patience and time.

For Indonesia I would only recommend Semarang, due to the fact that it has the "Old town" an colonial area with interesting shops, coffee places, where you can walk around relaxed, stroll through souvenir shops and have food or coffee at one of the nice coffee/restaurants. The rest in the city you can do by cab as it is extremely cheap in Indonesia, mean going to a restaurant and returning to the hotel. Recommended is the bendeng fish (Elrina Juwana), Lumpia and Tahu Gimpal).

If you need tips, can pm to me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.