Male HQ

Crush on a tourist

Newtothis89

So I met and hung out with a tourist whom I've met on the app few days ago. 

We have extremely similar personality and the three days we hung out together were filled with laughters and non-awkward conversation. We shared lots of private stuff and I believe both of us had fun at the end of his stay. 

Of course, we spoke about meeting and hanging out again in the future if I visit his country, vice versa or we can meet somewhere else in Asia.

I've met up with several people before and had fun, etc but nobody was like this person. I usually try to keep my walls high to avoid having feelings involved but this person caught me off guard. This person is more than just physical fun but we connected mentally as well. 

We are still speaking via WhatsApp, social media, etc.

I know he is still on the app so I don't know if this whole experience was a norm to him. I also understand that as a tourist, the intention is to just have fun and probably wasn't planning or looking for anything serious.

But if that's the case, I thought it was kinda weird that instead of having fun/experience with anyone else during Day 2 and Day 3, why would he want to hang out more? 

Furthermore, we did not have any "fun" on Day 1.

I did not confess or anything but he knows I am looking forward to seeing him again. He did imply that as well, although we didn't really verbalise it.

Just thought of sharing this experience here and hope to hear some advice as I don't have much experience when it comes to this. I don't have much friends who I can speak to regarding this issue as well because I am not out yet.

Edited by Newtothis89

• Newtothis89 changed the title to Crush on a tourist

It’s easier to meet someone you’ve met before than to meet someone new. He probably liked you well enough but I don’t think you should expect too much unless he says something.

take my words with a grain of salt, though.

I think you should keep your expectations low and your options open. It’s nice to chat with him now as it’s still the “honeymoon phase” of knowing someone you’re interested in. But as the novelty wears off you would be able to make a clearer decision on whether he’s the right person for you or not. Nevertheless, enjoy the moment! 

• 1 month later...

I think there's mutual attraction and you are hoping that the fondness can be more.  

He, on the other hand, is probably also fond of you, but may just want to let it remain as a fondness for now.

Life is about the beauty of such experiences, some joy, some uncertainties, some pain, some grief, and learning from it all to appreciate what we have.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is the reverse. I am the tourist, and found a local at one of the sex clubs in the city where I was visiting. He brought me to his home where we continued the rendezvous, and then when I had to leave the next morning, he actually cried. I really enjoyed his company though and so we are trying to takw turns visit each other every few weekends , so let's see if this arrangement can last. It is a 8 hour train ride each way, or a one hour flight.

I'm trying to rationalize if all the expense and time spent will be worth it in the end, not knowing if this is even sustainable. My thought is likely not, yet it seems premature to kill the relationship just like that. So I take the approach to just enjoy the adventure while it lasts. No one knows how the future will turn out.