Male HQ

Just move to work in SG. No gay/bi at all in the office?

tiger55

I have worked in Singapore for a few months after relocating from other country in Asia. One thing I found out is that I really can't spot any gay/bi men at all in my office. All males either have girlfriend or already married with and without kid. Most men here are also very masculine. Is it because they serve NS? Are there a lot of discreet masculine gay men here? Are there a lot of bi? 

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, tiger55 said:

I have worked in Singapore for a few months after relocating from other country in Asia. One thing I found out is that I really can't spot any gay/bi men at all in my office. All males either have girlfriend or already married with and without kid. Most men here are also very masculine. Is it because they serve NS? Are there a lot of discreet masculine gay men here? Are there a lot of bi? 

Which industry? I work in a big bank and there are tons of gays and bi men here, some discreet, some not so discreet.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Which industry? I work in a big bank and there are tons of gays and bi men here, some discreet, some not so discreet.

I also work in finance sector, but seems can’t find one hahaha. By the way, how can you know if one is bi?

17 hours ago, tiger55 said:

Depends on the industries and professions.

But most office employees try to not come out as gay in the office.

And I can understand them looking at the common bitching culture in local offices here.

Are you serious that Most Singaporean men behave very masculine?

Have you ever watched straight younger couples below 40s? Often the guy walks and behaves girlier than his wife or girlfriend.

Go to Orchard Road on the weekend and watch them.

My favourites are those guys who carry the handbags of their wives and girlfriends... Hilarious.

17 hours ago, tiger55 said:

You're most likely in the wrong industries.  Ever consider switching careers to one in the arts and fashion to be closer to the gay?

Guest Once O always O
18 hours ago, tiger55 said:

Watch out for their employee badges which have a 🌈 stripe on them 

Guest Worker

While it's possible that everyone in your office is straight, it's also possible that some might be in the closet as their girlfriend might in reality actually be their boyfriend. As shenalone mentioned, the closer you to get some of your colleagues, maybe some will be open to you. Can I ask tiger55 if you are discreet or open? Maybe that's a factor as well.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:07 PM, tiger55 said:

How can they be closet when most are already have girlfriend or wift :(

huh?

plenty of married men, fathers, etc come out to play out of sight from their wives and families

some even sneak off to toilets while out shopping with their family!

3 hours ago, And then said:

huh?

plenty of married men, fathers, etc come out to play out of sight from their wives and families

some even sneak off to toilets while out shopping with their family!

Oh wow. Is it very common here? Are they gay/bi, but cant come out due to society or they are just straight but want some funs?

On 4/7/2023 at 1:58 AM, tiger55 said:

I also work in finance sector, but seems can’t find one hahaha. By the way, how can you know if one is bi?

Which part of Asia are you from? What kind of guys are you looking for? Gay/Bi are their sexual orientation but what types fits your bill? Don't tell me that as long as they are gay/bi and you will be able to have a go with them regardless their age, looks, size, type, etc.?

That said, do keep your professional and personal lives separate. You can be a flamboyant gay in your office, your colleague might tolerate you for who you are but if you start getting fresh with the male colleagues, you might be charged with sexual harassment, if you don't conduct yourself well.

On 4/7/2023 at 6:07 PM, tiger55 said:

How can they be closet when most are already have girlfriend or wift :(

Like some had mentioned, not all married or attached men are totally straight and don't for a moment thinks that they just because they might be bi, what makes you think that they would go after you and jeopardizing their work and family just to have a fling with a new colleague? I am sure, there are better place to hook up with people and certainly not in your office.

Do try to be professional in your work because you are on permit working in Sg, any wrong moves will mean goodbye to your career and don't play with fire.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.