Male HQ

Gay interracial relationships

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I’m curious if anyone here is in an interracial relationship and if so, how are they finding it? After all, it’s hard enough being gay in Singapore, but adding in a racial and religious factor must also make it difficult. Please keep this discussion civil and respectiveful. 

Nah is not working for me. Can't even take you for spiritual journey if your heart is not open to it. Just be friends or good friends is good enough. Coz the person is USEFUL for something else. Get it? 😏 If you respect and appreciate a simple friendship, it goes a long way haha 😆 

On 4/8/2023 at 7:47 AM, Guest Guest said:

I’m curious if anyone here is in an interracial relationship and if so, how are they finding it? After all, it’s hard enough being gay in Singapore, but adding in a racial and religious factor must also make it difficult. Please keep this discussion civil and respectiveful. 

In my experience,  feelings for each other are much,  much more important than racial and religious disparities.

Guest Guest

To an extent, I do think that it is easier for gay relationships to thrive more in western countries like the US and Europe which in general tend to be more liberal and accepting. Singapore is still quite a conservative country. Even with straight couples in Singapore, interracial relationships are difficult, which is why I'm wondering if anyone here on BW is in one. 

On 4/8/2023 at 8:47 PM, Guest Guest said:

I think it is not just racial and religious factors that come into play, cultural differences also make a difference. 

For example, there will be cultural differences between say, a Chinese from Singapore and a Chinese from mainland China.

1 hour ago, yhtang said:

I think it is not just racial and religious factors that come into play, cultural differences also make a difference. 

For example, there will be cultural differences between say, a Chinese from Singapore and a Chinese from mainland China.

True! One eats bats the other doesn't!!!

We shouldn't make things more difficult than they are.

also in Western countries there are differences in believes, just take Catholic and non Catholic . Or Sunnites and Shia.

There are always differences.

If you are reasonable, you can work things out. It is just to set the limitations and borders in the relationship.

And don't ignore, people are different, because characters are different. That can happen with non interracial partners also. Just take one is very outspoken, the other not, one has temper the other is softer.

Be happy if you are in love and relationship and work things out in between both of you.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

To an extent, I do think that it is easier for gay relationships to thrive more in western countries like the US and Europe which in general tend to be more liberal and accepting. Singapore is still quite a conservative country. Even with straight couples in Singapore, interracial relationships are difficult, which is why I'm wondering if anyone here on BW is in one. 

The biggest hindering factor is, local gay couples very often don't live together.

How many of you move out and rent a flat or something to stay with your bf or above 35 when you have your own flat live with your partner?

Mostly you are just not visible to society. 

My point to this is: Just don't bother what others say or think. Live your life and love, and even if your partnership is interracial.

You will rarely persuade racists or intolerant people, but the long way they will get the minority and lesser.

• 2 months later...
Guest Angel_Just

Wanted to share since I have been in a relationship with my partner for 13 years now. I’m C, he’s M. It’s certainly not been very easy especially at the start. It took a lot of trying to understand his world and his way of life. I found that being curious was my way of just being interested. 13 years on and I’m still learning more about who he is, and it’s not simply because he is of a different race but he’s a human being, complex and deep, loving and wonderful. When everyday can be a discovery, interracial relationships can be a wondrous adventure to have. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.