Male HQ

Can Singapore Reconcile Sexuality, Family & Faith? | Regardless Of Sexuality | LGBTs In Singapore

Guest Leslie Cheong

Guest Leslie Cheong

Did CNA break new grounds with.this doco ? 

What is the next step forwards ? 

Since S377A has been repealed, its timely that male G come out to into the sun , since no.straight or haters can accuse you in the face that you are a criminal and engage in criminal.behaviour. 

The hate and accusations have lost its sting, stigma and power ? 

Will you now come out publicly ?

How will you rate this doco?

Poll.

Good.

Bad. 

Bad timing. 

Neutral.

Can do more coming out programs . 

No comments. 

• G_M changed the title to Can Singapore Reconcile Sexuality, Family & Faith? | Regardless Of Sexuality | LGBTs In Singapore
Guest freedomtoloveforall

I think appealing 377A and this documentary is a positive step in the right direction for the LGBTQ+ community in Singapore. Having said that, there is still a very long way to go towards full and equal rights, but having it out in the open and having brave individuals like Sean Foo will only make it easier.  

Guest Leslie Cheong

Lest we forget about the brave mums who embrace their gay sons even before S377A was argued down and repealed.

She educated herself.amd also reached out to other parents who might have difficulty dealing with the perceived loss and changed tgeir mindset and see the coming out as a gain. 

Guest Leslie Cheong

It does not always have to be thuderstorm   windgust , lightning, tornadoes when a son or daughter comes out of the closet. 

Some parents just want to save face. 

Should put childs happiness and mental well being and happiness first before caring about what relatives will think and say about the child coming out.

We are born humans first, idealogy and morality needs to be taught, minds get braineashed. 

Without stigma, hatred loses its sting.

Agree ?

21 hours ago, Guest Leslie Cheong said:

Somehow, every time I come across this video, the story of the Malay couple touches me the most.  

Kudos to all those that are featured in this video.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

I enjoyed watching this documentary and I am happy with the progress made. While the journey is still long, at some point in the future, we can all look back and agree that repealing 377a is a milestone in Singapore's journey toward building a more equal society. 

The part that breaks my heart really is the letters from the parents. There is so much ignorance and unfounded realities. I think it is so important that young LGBTQIA+ kids have a support system that keeps them feeling safe, accepts them, and guides them to find their authentic selves so that they can thrive in society. 

There should be a support system for parents too. I think many Singaporean parents are not prepared for the realities of having a gay son or daughter. How can we support them and guide them to let them know that it is not going to change the parent-child relationship, and use this transparency as an opportunity to know the child better and vice versa? 

Of course, there are parents who choose denial over acceptance, which is unfortunate, and project their own fears and whatever feelings, to the child. Crippling their own children instead. As I have shared before in the past, as children, our job is, to tell the truth to our parents. How they process the truth is up to them and we do not have control over their reactions. Whatever the outcome maybe it is up to the parent. Not the child. 

Love. 

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, doncoin said:

I enjoyed watching this documentary and I am happy with the progress made. While the journey is still long, at some point in the future, we can all look back and agree that repealing 377a is a milestone in Singapore's journey toward building a more equal society. 

The part that breaks my heart really is the letters from the parents. There is so much ignorance and unfounded realities. I think it is so important that young LGBTQIA+ kids have a support system that keeps them feeling safe, accepts them, and guides them to find their authentic selves so that they can thrive in society. 

There should be a support system for parents too. I think many Singaporean parents are not prepared for the realities of having a gay son or daughter. How can we support them and guide them to let them know that it is not going to change the parent-child relationship, and use this transparency as an opportunity to know the child better and vice versa? 

Of course, there are parents who choose denial over acceptance, which is unfortunate, and project their own fears and whatever feelings, to the child. Crippling their own children instead. As I have shared before in the past, as children, our job is, to tell the truth to our parents. How they process the truth is up to them and we do not have control over their reactions. Whatever the outcome maybe it is up to the parent. Not the child. 

I realised that the host of the CNA documentary is Dr. Janil Puthucheary, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Communications and Information.

So he is not a CNA reporter / host leh .... 😆

not everyone is religious so i don't get why the religious gets to dictate the lives of the non-religious?

what happened to their tolerance and acceptance for everyone?

That's why it may be better also to feature views from non-religious atheist people too. 

Guest Guest

31:45 of the CNA documentary, the Malay participant (the one who wore the white polo-shirt) had green color nail polish on his fingers. Wow on national TV! 😍

10 hours ago, EastChat said:

not everyone is religious so i don't get why the religious gets to dictate the lives of the non-religious?

what happened to their tolerance and acceptance for everyone?

That's why it may be better also to feature views from non-religious atheist people too. 

The opposite of religious is not atheist but agnostic.  Atheists have the religious belief that there is no supernatural.

"Agnostic" is not to believe.  We don't believe, we speculate that a knowledge of the supernatural is beyond us living creatures.  But still everything is possible, including the religious doctrines.  We just DON'T KNOW.   Therefore, all organized religions have been INVENTED by some person or group of persons, and these INVENTIONS should not be taken seriously.

This should be so obvious in Christianity.  Nowhere in the New Testament is anything written about Jesus Christ condemning homosexuality. If the religion of the Jews, the Old Testament, does,  this is their problem.  Anyway, The Old Testament is full of dumb idiocies that don't deserve any belief.

One obvious proof that all the religious doctrines we know are all fantasies is... that they are all different!  :lol:   Maybe there is a Supernatural that for some reason, has to remain hidden from us.    So, we are entitled to ignore it.

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.