Male HQ

HIV Treatment ... is it expensive?

Guest Pharmacy is make money
6 hours ago, tinkermybutt said:

Hi ... been wondering, heard that HIV is treatable .... is the treatment expensive?

Ask Dr T. 

I think it's expensive in Singapore. That's why alot of ppl to Thailand to buy medicine. 

I know of a close friend who goes go to Bangkok to seek treatment. The meds are not too expensive, can buy from a reliable vendor locally in Singapore.

After Covid, the Thai doctor decided to prescribe a different medication. This one was said to be less toxic to the liver or something.... cannot be sure.

Anyway, the new meds would cost a bit more than the old one but friend was sure they could get it from Singapore agent at a cheaper price. But this time, the agent's price is a lot higher than in Thailand (which was already like $180 sing dollars a bottle). 

So friend searched online for a while for generic and sure enough, India has it. The price drops immediately to USD 40.00 a bottle for the generic (they bought 6 bottles). 

So my point is: It's good to get tested. And getting a positive outcome is not the end of the world.

Seek treatment either in Thailand or India. 

Then get meds online and get tested for your viral load often to be sure the efficacy of the meds is sound.

Stay safe and maintain good physical and physiological health.

Guest Mind blown
32 minutes ago, superflawless said:

I know of a close friend who goes go to Bangkok to seek treatment. The meds are not too expensive, can buy from a reliable vendor locally in Singapore.

After Covid, the Thai doctor decided to prescribe a different medication. This one was said to be less toxic to the liver or something.... cannot be sure.

Anyway, the new meds would cost a bit more than the old one but friend was sure they could get it from Singapore agent at a cheaper price. But this time, the agent's price is a lot higher than in Thailand (which was already like $180 sing dollars a bottle). 

So friend searched online for a while for generic and sure enough, India has it. The price drops immediately to USD 40.00 a bottle for the generic (they bought 6 bottles). 

So my point is: It's good to get tested. And getting a positive outcome is not the end of the world.

Seek treatment either in Thailand or India. 

Then get meds online and get tested for your viral load often to be sure the efficacy of the meds is sound.

Stay safe and maintain good physical and physiological health.

One thing that blows my mind is how come medicine can be priced so differently. 

7 hours ago, Guest Mind blown said:

Yes it can be,  I remember getting a anti-fungal cream from clinic at $10 per tube, then I check the price at a shop selling medicine,  is only $5. 100% the same but at 100% markup. 

On 5/17/2023 at 11:30 PM, Guest Mind blown said:

This difference is typical with products whose price has little connection with their cost.  A new very effective medicine may be charged incredibly higher than their cost to manufacture,  and even after including the cost of developing it.   This is also typical in ART.  Compare the price of an original Picasso with what it costs a child to paint a picture similarly crazy!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.